The Change

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 12:52 AM

The darkness falls around him as he prepares for this. He had studied and worked his entire life for this. He had learned of the Shadow Lord since he was young. He knew that he was evil. Nevertheless he thought he was ready. The pentacle on the floor was unbroken. Even the slightest break could mean life or death. He didn't care. He had prepared for this. He was ready.
Slowly one by one, he would light the candles around the circle. The chant he had learned until he spoke it as good as English rolled from his lips. "I call the Spirit of Shadows and Darkness. I call to your power and strength." He didn't notice the slight breeze. He didn't notice the chill that had entered the room.
Shadows wrapped around him. The candles light moved away from it. The figure stepped from the shadows was cold and dark. It's cloak fell to the floor and his hood covered his face. The young man's speech could be heard but the figure movements could not.
"I call you to me." The boy said again.
He then froze where he stood. He had not noticed it. Before he started, the chalk had been stepped on. By doing so he had wiped away part of the circle. "No!"
The dark figure stood straight up and spun the room. "Why have you called me here, BOY?" The voice had no body, no form.
"Where are you? Who are you?" he said his voice shaking. He knew the answer but didn't want admit it.
"I am the Master of Shadows and you called me here. WHY!?!" The voice was cold sinister.
Fear created through the boys voice as he answered. "I want to use your power. I wish to be your master!" His body shook as he spoke and fear was the controlling force now.
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! You want to be my master? Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Do you know what you are asking, boy? No, I don't think you do. Well then, let me show you. Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!"
Shadows wrapped around the boy. Pulling him to the wall and filling his lungs like sand. He could not breath and he could feel his life slipping away from him; dying slowly but his eyes would not close. "You wish my powers, boy, you may have them for I am free. Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!"
The wind blows through the room and the candles were blown out. And the boy is gone.
Grave digger when you dig my grave, make it shallow so I can feel the rain.

#2 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 12:55 AM

The ShadowMaster watched her from under his hood and looked right in stars window. Watching all her movements with the eye of a lover in the dark.
"Where I want to see where." the woman finished and looked hard to see what he saw.
"Angel, calm down dear. Look there in that window." as he pointed to the widow he looked through.
"Why don't you claim her, friend? If she appeals to you that much." her eyes showing friendship that has come through the years.
"Because she is too pure, too innocent. She would have to choose me. I cannot just claim her as we do the others you know that." His eyes flashed towards the woman soft and calm. "Come we must go. Our time here is short."
As they walk away the shadows surround him. He fades from view the woman walks toward the edge and stops and looks back to the window.
"He deserves you more than any other. If only you knew; you would see that." And she to disappears to mist.

As they reappeared they were in the casting room. Platinum Rose stood at the top of the stairs just before the altar. Her face was calm as she looked at the book that lay in front of her. "Hello my friends. how was your evening?" she asked with a smile.
Night Angel bowed her head and laughed and in a playful voice. "Oh it was fine. ShadowMaster has a girl friend." Then she ducked away just before ShadowMaster could grab her, still giggling.
"Don't worry little one. I'll get even. Just like always." He said as he walked from the room.
When he was gone Platinum Rose turned to NightAngel. "Now what was that all about?" she asked as she walked towards NightAngel. Her blonde hair falling around her shoulder.
NightAngel slowly walked towards her eyes shining brightly "Well my dear, I think I have found a way to make SM happy." she said as she reached Rose. The two kissed softly.
"How? Tell me, please." Rose said as she looked in to her eyes. "Patience, dear. It will come soon enough I promise."
"Oh, Angel, you never let me play." Rose said giving her a playful pout.
"Oh dear, you'll get to play. Promise." Then she kissed Rose again. Their lips met softly. Together they walked out of the casting room towards their chambers.

#3 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 12:56 AM

and then we were all like "OMG MEXICAN HAIRLESS CAT AVATAR PH34R"

#4 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 04:36 AM

((Penguin, smart aleck comments are not needed.. Lich, is this solo rp or do you mind if others interact as well?)) Staff, please delete this post as well as penguins. Ty so much, Respectfully, Amy of Draco
~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#5 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 01:47 PM

(((Anyone can be a part of it amy...smiles.. after i re read i wasnt as clear as i had hoped... Lich is now the Shadowmaster, he was calling the shadow lord and as you can see has been taken to the realm of shadows and his change has been made, the question will remain now is there any peice of elf left that everyone loved or is he forever lost to the darkness of his own soul.))))

#6 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 11:39 PM

Amy paces within her chambers inside of Draco Keep as sleep eludes her.. the chill still seemed to hang about the air since the visit of the shadow carrying words of he known as Lich. Turbulent thoughts run rampant within her gaze as suddenly the small glimmmer of light from her candle seems to whisp around the small room and the lights all but part leaving only darkness within the far corner of her room. She snaps her gaze to the corner and her usually sky blue crystalline eyes turn a stormy gray and peer to the shadow once more appearing from behind long honey brown lashes.

She listens intently finding as she slowly exhales after he speaks that she had been holding her breath.. her mind swirls and she realizes that the world itself had always been in danger .. that the battles between good and evil would always exist... It was much more personal though when the struggle between the two took place within the body mind and soul of a good man.. at last she nods to the shadowed figure.. it is not Lich, and yet she is certain it is a part of him no less.

"Please.. bring my words to him... tell him that I do understand the internal struggles one must fight within their very soul. " her message carried an underlying tone of torment within it.. yes, she remembered her own battles.. she remembered the deaths she had caused before finding herself in this very realm.. remembered the struggles she felt within her heart after taking the life of not just one, but both that brought her into this world.. she sighs a bit keeping her thoughts well hidden from not only the shadows, but all that knew her.. all but one. she inhales slowly and then exhales forcing herself to push the thoughts once more behind lock and key where they belonged, in the darkest corners of her own soul.

She continues.. "Please tell him that there are those within the lands that shall be there.. that shall do what we can to help him with this great feat he must face. Tell him that the part of him that is strong, and honorable, shall nay vanish if only he holds tight to it. Tell him... " she bites her lip in thought as her eyes slowly flash between their current stormy gray hue and a soft sky blue.. "tell him, I understand.. please".. It is then that she turns.. knowing the shadow shall leave when it is ready and allows it an escape with ease as she steps to the candle and blows it out. ... standing there amidst the darkness herself.

#7 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 12:16 AM

Standing in the dark meadow his crystal blue eyes seeming glow in the dark and light that is the full moon... he hears what the shadow has said and nods... a single tear rolls down the side of his face that is not hidden by the dark mask... TY you my friend he says to the shadow as it shimmers and evaperates... all around him he hears their voices as the shadows seem to sing to him.. You are diferent yet the same,the same,the same. your soul will always be yours, we serve you not the other way, you kill as you must there is no shame in that. he stands slowly a second his head bowed.
Then he raises his eyes peering into the darkness a cold rage turning the bueatiful light blue eyes almost white as ash burned to bright... Then serve another, leave me in peace.

The whisper that is both friend and tormentor again speaks softly We can not, you are master we are servent, but we are also part of. we are your rage, your hate, your anger, but we are also your love, belief and life, we are one and the same, you must reconcile or perish, what was done is done what will be will be only you can be set free. Fustration builds in him as he hears the words dance in the darkness... It sounds through his mind, his ears ringing with it.. he drops to his knees a scream escaping his lips echoing in the darkness of the clearing as they fill his mind.. hedoesnt see the one solitary shadow break from the mist and slide across the ground...

It disapears and floats in a dioret path to draco keep. as it enters it speaks softly but this one is more soft spoken and seemsto think of its own not of a servent to another... Hear me lady of the keep, known as Amy, The Lich is dead the Shadowmaster is born but he will need help, He is a demon of honor and life but he must kill to live and live to kill it is a part of him, we will aid him with magic of the shadows, the nightmares of men will aid him as well as the blasts of life, but his mind is young and his heart is strong, the change will not be stopped as we have chosen him as the master, But when it is complete he will need any who can and will to show him he is still a being of life and help him to hold his mind and soul... it waits only a second to insure what he has spoken will be heard thenthe shadow is gone.

#8 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 12:39 AM

Amy still stands within her chambers thinking of the latest words.. the candle had been blown out to allow the shadow to return to him easier and yet the room held a cool chill still.. she was alone, or so she thought.. she closed her eyes and spoken under her breath to herself "Do not let him lose himself.. please" to who she spoke it was not known.. but then the voice came again, this one softer, different.. it did not start like the other messages.. "My master has said.." ... rather the words seemed to be spoken seperately.. as an individual and she turns her gaze not seeing who it is that speaks..

"What?" she asks blinking in disbelief.. "You have no right to choose another .. whether you decide he is master or you are.. one has no control over the fate of a man. Who are you to decide what path he must follow?" she seems frustrated.. and indeed she is.. but the harshness that escapes within her words perhaps hold not only her friends situation but her own torment.. she lights the candle and holds it in front of her.. not knowing if they have heard her words..for the shadows are gone. Still clad in her nightclothes reaches for her robe and pulls it over her shoulders. Stepping through the Anteroom she journeys east through the courtyard and then stops amid the few trees of the Barrier forest.. the candle casting shadows over her face.

She whispers once outside to the wind again.. she has a feeling of doom within her heart.. was it too late? No, it could never be too late could it? Her soft voice carried upon the whisps within the darkness searching for he who they are intended for.

"Lich, if you hear me.. They say you are dead.. but I can't believe that. Does any part of you hear my words? The one who last spoke said it was not complete. They say that they have chosen you to control them.. but it seems it is they that wish to control you. I want to help you but I know not if this is anything I can assist with. I will be there during your darkness.. I will be there to help you hold to the shreds of morality and honor that I know are within your soul and your heart. Can you explain? " as she speaks she realizes it is very possible they may conceal her words from him.. for as the wind, the shadows are abundant and everywhere. "There is a part of every mans soul that is both light and dark, but -we- choose what part is stronger.. you have the power.. Do not succumb to their control. Call upon me.. merely whisper and the wind shall let me know how I can help. Until then hang on.. hold on to the things that you are.. They say you will still be honorable.. and that I believe.. but a man must walk his own path, not the path that they are pulled upon by others. " she sighs some..

Was any of it within her control? would he turn to kill those innocents within the land .. in time causing her own promises to fight against such a good man... time would tell.. she steps further upon the path and then stops sitting near a tree far north of the grassy meadow and waits.. this time though, she does not let the candles flame die.

Edited by Amy, 10 August 2004 - 12:44 AM.

#9 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 12:59 AM

The shadow begins to speak close to you. He has heard what you have said, the shadow shimmers a second as it takes form... I have been allowed to take this form to explain what is needed of you, but that is all, when it is done i will once more return to mist and there will be no time to clear it more, the choice to help is yours as is all things but there are a few that must be understood by all, He choose to call the lord before and in so doing set him free and we are but mist, given form only when needed, But we must have a master. The shadow shimmers a second before you seeming to take on the form of a mockery of a man...Once one is chosen to take the masters shoes that change can not be stopped, it is true that he will die to his old life in a way but will be reborn into a new one, but his mind will know both but teaching is painful. when he emerges from the change he will need those that were his friends before to love him as they did, he will need to be shown that he is still a being that was loved in his very soul. then it simply fades to mist.

Sliding to all fours he retches the pain in his head feeling as though he will explode... Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you torture me? his black hair seems to hang limp and stragly... his blue eyes dull with pain as again another torment racks his mind...

The torture is not ours, it is yours solve the riddle free your mind, and it will free your soul, You are broken but not shattered, You are scared buut not terrified, you feel pain but you are not dead. what are you ... Solve the riddle learn what we teach be the master. Again the pain fills his head all thought chased from it then the words escape his lips a second before he passes the pain to much. Alive....

#10 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 05:15 PM

Amy jumps a bit as the shadow speaks once more.. she had thought that it was gone and her eyes widen as she listens intently. Had the shadowed figure read her mind? how did it know that she wondered.. or was it merely a coincidence.

"I am glad he has heard.. perhaps then he can hold to some sort of sanity" she says having not known the man well, but still known of him. "If this can not be stopped.. " still she wonders though ~Can it?~.. "if it can't be, then of course I shall do what I can to help him on his journey" her words overflowing with compassion and worry for the man who must share his soul with these... servants.. If she could call them that. ~A master of what.. what are they but shadows? .. what is their purpose~ she wonders to herself.. knowing by the figures words that there are many more than just one of them. It was if there were perhaps .. she tilts her head thinking deeper as her sky blue eyes turn once again stormy.. ~an army of them~..

Still she remains near the edge of the barrier forest. She decides she must at least speak to those in broken, and of course, speak to those that she trusted.. those she trusted above all else. Her orbs scan the edge of the forest.. dear Aeryn.. Crusher... her family.. but she didn't want to put her family or these others in danger.. still though, she must ask them. She knows she will indeed seek out Trevayne as well.. he who knew the forests and watched over them.. she shivers a bit turning her gaze back to the shadowy figure.

"How do I know you shall not cause him harm? " her mouth set in determination and almost a burst of anger.. "If you harm him.. i shall ensure you NEVER find a master.. hear my words.. DO NOT HARM HIM" she says a bit loud her words are edged with danger.. before her words are out the figure had faded to mist before her eyes.. had the shadow heard her words? heard the threat contained in them.. she sighs, she should not speak as such, but the thought of another man being tormented by such .... darkness.. she could not sit idely by and permit .. the problem was, her powers were not divine, her wishes were not commandments.. she was merely a woman.. a woman whos own life had been riddled with the torments of her younger days.

Grasping her Scepter tighter within her right hand she turns and walks into the forest seeking Trevayne... knowing within the confines of the chambers, upon the rock she shall discuss this further later this eve with one whos wisdom has guided her through many things.

Edited by Amy, 11 August 2004 - 05:17 PM.

#11 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 06:57 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!.... His head explodes as memories not his, but his all the same roll through his mind, liquid fire fills his vains burning trails threw his hands and feet. Nooooooo MOREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! His head snaps up his crystal blue eyes shine with a fire that burns hot and seems to ignight the the color candles in the dark.

Except us, you cause your self pain, let us show you. the words roll through the his mind like soft whispers, his teeth bares as hewishes to strike out at any thing anyone. we saw the coming of the mist... watched as the creatures here before were slaughtered by those that the mist left behind... watched as the land changed and we changed as well, we will give you the strength you ask for, but you must stop fighting.... In his exaustion his fight slows and he the pain stops, it changes to a soft caress as mind is shown pictures of a past forgotten when Nightmist and its people fought as one....

Show me what you want, what I must do. The pictures began to flood his mind scenes some strange some confusing but all of him.. Rosses planted at his feet they bloom and life is born weeds threaten them and he pulls them quickly with passion like nothing should destroy the bueaty they bring.. Then him feeding a child an attack him covered in blood...

I dont understand... What does it mean????? again his head snaps up his eyes still filled with the sureal light. his black hair wet with sweat clings to his head and the leather of the mask..

Hear us hear us. His final scream floats through the forest as he is to tired to fight any longer and the memories the explanations flood him..

To the world we give to you a new warrior whos life is connected to both life and death.. we give you something that you should never forget,, from the forest the dark figure walks that nigh, his eyes seeming to glow with a light bright and blue in the cold darkness his arms and legs covered with sweat and chill, his head turns slowly twards the darkness that is the forest Balavok it speaks and a table appears at his side filled with food and water,,,, the Shadowmaster is born.

#12 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 04:58 PM

Amy walks through the forest seeking Trevayne.. she must discuss with him how best to help the one they all knew as Lich.. her eyes weary as a storm brews within the crystalline azure depths of her orbs in deep contrast with her pale ivory skin.. her soft pink lips set in a determined line of frustration she holds her Angelic Scepter tightly within her grasp.. so tightly that the knuckles of her fingers turn white. She knows not what she can do to help him.. but knows that she must try.

The air seems to grow colder and she shivers.. looking up to the sky the edges of the forest as well as the meadow seem to become hazy, mists roll over the trees and something sinister seems to permeate the air.. was a storm coming? If only she knew a storm would pass.. and what was born as the mists rolled in would not do as such.. but she didn't know that.. merely sensed something different that night.. something that would forever change the paths of them all in some ways..

She continues her trek through the edges of the barrier forest.. step by step she moves with silence.. the screamed thoughts within her mind unheard by any.. She must she knows, seek those within broken.. she must find out if there is anything she can do to aid the family in which a great loss, and perhaps in somes eyes, a great gain would take place.. An figure stands in the distance and she slows her step.. Something vaguely familiar she notices but still can't place it.. Never one to shy from possible danger though she continues and stops.. ~A table, here? in the midst of the forest?~ she thinks briefly before approaching the stranger.. Something tugs at the back of her mind.. something that makes her shiver and yet still she stands ..

She bows her head in greeting and her words tumble from her lips with kindness.. although her eyes remain leary.. She would not assume she knew the man, although something about the glowing eyes told a much different story.. the wind had carried the word he spoke.. "Balavok" .. was that his name? or the one whom he waited for. A smile forced across her lips she stands before the figure. "Greetings, I am Amy.. Amy of Draco Honoris.. I have nay seen you about this land before.. welcome.. ".. and she stands.. waiting for his reply.

#13 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 09:47 PM

You have seen me before Amy of draco. His eyes meet hers gently, their strange brighter than blue glow seeming to light the world around him. and you will know me soon enough. sit drink with me i promise it is not poisoned. he waves his hand once more and again speaks a gentle word, Moroca and two chairs seem to form from the mist, gently the creeking of the leather he wears sounds through the field and the cloak he wears seems to wrap around him of its own will to hide its sound. as he himself sits in one. leaving the other free for her.

You know not what i am and what i have become do you Mlady...Again his smile soft and again the eyes meet hers two glowing blue orbs in the dark, he turns his head gently a second as though listening to some unspoken words, he nods his head and again turns back to her.

Edited by Lich, 17 August 2004 - 09:49 PM.

#14 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 10:05 PM

Amy watches the man carefully, the more she looks to him it becomes clear.. this is not just any stranger.. as he speaks her thoughts are verified.. but, it isn't really Lich of Broken is it? .. no, it is more a combination of he and the shadows .. twisted together.. occupying the same space..

Trying to remain graceful she nods letting a smile creep across her lips and she replies "That would be lovely indeed" she says and yet is still a bit leary.. unsure of what exactly he has become, or the battles that he must fight. She knows though, that there must be a part of him remaining..

"Lich", she says as she smooths the edges of her robe and takes a seat, placing her Scepter across her lap her own gaze meeting those of dark intense electric blue.. "How can I help you.. what is it that I can do to make this.. this change easier for you?" She inhales slowly.. hoping that the darkness that is within him does not strike out.. doesn't overtake him for it seems the mist that drifts over the meadow and the edges of the forest would make it difficult to obtain help should she need it.

Resting her left hand on the table she waits for his reply.. her right hand though, remains curled within her lap resting upon the Scepter.

Edited by Amy, 17 August 2004 - 10:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users