Roleplay Discussion Forum

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 Opie

Opie
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 02:17 AM

Alright. I realised alot of people were complaining on Silverwizard's post about god-modding, and I didn't think it was fair to him (Ironic yes, fair no) So here we go, this is an off-topic string. Use this to... purge your feelings about what you like, don't like, thought was funny, ect.
*`~Ø~þ~í~€~`* the ÃÑçíèчÑøøßï€
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Ben Franklin

#2 rebo

rebo
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 09:34 PM

This isn't really that much of a complaint, and it could be that i juz don't understand..... in the xion rolpaying thing, why the hell is EVERYONE controlling dark?

I didnt really look into it that much, so if there is a good reason, then sorry.

#3 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 11:33 PM

Hey lookie- Opie opened a thread like he said, 'cause I abused Silvers thread to post my rant ^^ I have a claim to fame :)

This isn't really that much of a complaint, and it could be that i juz don't understand..... in the xion rolpaying thing, why the hell is EVERYONE controlling dark?

I'm so glad that's bothering someone else ^^;;

To their credit, at least they don't care. I have another theory which I sincerely hope is wrong, which I mentioned on this poll

Noone has yet deemed my opinions worthy of response... to confirm or deny my unfortunate theory either way (oh I do so hope it can be denied ^^;; ) Which I accept, because I very rarely think my opinions are worthy of response ^^ I get all paranoid... as some of you may remember from my early rp posts.

And seeing as how this is the 'discussion forum' I'd like to ask for some assistance... a little information please.

I want to post in Squee's Andes thread, but know nothing/very little about... well... rugby. In general... to show my lack of knowledge I've only ever played touch rugby and that was four/five years ago. Any knowledge I had from that... eh, 'eperience' is long gone, and I don't watch the sport in general.
Actually, I watch very few sports in general...

Anyhow, I was wondering if there were some simple basics someone could impart to me before I get underway trying to create a more realistic character than my usual variety. I have a 'familiy member' and 'friend' somewhere in my mind... struggling with the rugby player.
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#4 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 01:53 AM

Well, the the only reason I chose rugby was because (in the movie [that was based on a real life story]) the people who were really stranded were a rugby team.

However, the whole Rugby thing shouldn't make too much difference. I don't even know that much about rugby. ^^; If you think about it, most people wouldn't be worrying about rugby when they're stranded in the Andes.
Posted Image

#5 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 02:09 AM

True true... I was just thinking useless rugby knowledge might help me develop ideas for my nice ex-rugby/stranded-rugby player ^^
I was thinking along the lines of the fact that it would surely have some bearing on the persons character... Okay, not a clue what bearing it would have... but some ^^;;
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#6 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 02:21 AM

Umm...would it help if I told you that not all of the survivors are rugby players? Their friends and families were also on this plane.
Posted Image

#7 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 02:32 AM

I have a 'familiy member' and 'friend' somewhere in my mind... struggling with the rugby player.

*Charon whistles innocently*

Ah, I know they aren't all rugby players, but I still wanted to try and rp one ^^

#8 Opie

Opie
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 03:29 PM

[/color=blue]*snickers under his breath and mumbles "rugby"*[/color]
Oh... sorry, I'm an american. But from what i've seen of rugby, It is VIOLENT! I mean, football (American) is pretty rough, but rugby is like deadly. lol, i'm done now.
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Ben Franklin

#9 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 06:55 PM

One too many slashes there I see Opie.
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#10 Opie

Opie
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 08:25 PM

oops, yeah lol. Sorry.

#11 Bean

Bean
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 11:20 PM

Rugby... Pretty much football without pads, and with less rules.

I think....

Heh.
Copying from one is Plagiarism
Copying From many is Research.

It's so exciting I need to poo~Deval

#12 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 11:33 PM

I played rugby when I was in the Army.. yes, is very similar to football without pads, less rules.. and different ways to toss the ball. lol. Is a blast though!

Squee, in the Vampire RP thread, great start.. (since you asked for feedback). I have rped vampires for over 7 years and they are very fun to play. Each has their own personality and like any other race, mortal or not, some are violent, some are not. Great job!

Wish I had been able to keep up with some of the other threads.. you all do a very good job with them.

Charon, I really enjoy your style :). Always a blast to read..

To all, keep on rping.. explore different characters and personalities, is the fun of rp, you can be anyone that you can create... You can be similiar to yourself irl, or totally completely different. As many others have stated, characters should not be all "godlike". Some of course will be stronger than others.. but remember for every strength, there is a weakness.

Game on!
The person behind Amy
~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#13 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 12:17 AM

Squee, in the Vampire RP thread, great start.. (since you asked for feedback). I have rped vampires for over 7 years and they are very fun to play. Each has their own personality and like any other race, mortal or not, some are violent, some are not. Great job!

Thank you so much. It means a lot to me. ^.^

To all, keep on rping.. explore different characters and personalities, is the fun of rp, you can be anyone that you can create... You can be similiar to yourself irl, or totally completely different.  As many others have stated, characters should not be all "godlike".  Some of course will be stronger than others.. but remember for every strength, there is a weakness.

You brought tears to my eyes. T_T
Posted Image

#14 kar

kar
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 11:30 AM

no OOC on rp!
ive tasted ye blood
ive drank ye blood
ze vampires are back

#15 Bean

Bean
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 09:32 PM

Its a discussion, therefore it has been designated by its name to be an ooc post.

So shut up, and stop posting. Unless your going to become suddenly intelligent.
Copying from one is Plagiarism
Copying From many is Research.

It's so exciting I need to poo~Deval

#16 Opie

Opie
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 10:44 AM

LMAO! thank you Bean.

#17 Opie

Opie
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 05:35 PM

Ok, here's something that peeves me off. I just need to complain then i'm done. People who frequently mis-spell words, use the wrong word, or just write something stupid. I wish people would proof read or edit their posts to fix these things. ok i'm done

#18 edawg5150

edawg5150
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 07:18 AM

This post is for Charon Amy and Squee, I never really role played online, The vampire role play was my first post and I could use a little feedback, Let me know how Im doing!!!!! I love the way the story is going!!!!

#19 edawg5150

edawg5150
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 08:56 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know I love the Alive Role Play, and I replied to it so check it out, this is a great story, and I know it can go alot farther lemme know what you guys think I think Ive got it going in the right direction, please don't give up posting on it!!! I'm really new to this but Im loving it!!!! Keep it alive!!!

#20 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 09:28 PM

Keep the Alive thread alive? *canned laughter*

Aaaanyways. XD
Yeah, I like this thread, too. I just really lack the initiative to post in it. I'm not sure why. Exams are coming up and it's cram time (I was lucky enough to get all my hard courses in one semester ^^; ). I have summatives reviews I need to do and a whole lot of other stuff if I want to keep my grades high. ^^;;

But enough excuses, I'm going to go post right now! *runs away*

P.S. Your RP'ing is fine. ^^ It's always nice to see people trying out something new. Keep RP'ing! That's the only way to get better. ^^
Posted Image

#21 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 02:44 AM

I wish to apologise for not being around on the rp forum as much as of late.
(I have exams too :) Wish me luck in all of them :) And good luck to you in your exams Squee... and anyone else ^^ )

I'll post in the Vampire thread once I have a few things sorted regarding the Erato/Trystan/Styx situation... I've asked some questions ^^ When I get my answers, I'll be able to post without fear of messing anyone up.

Hatrix... I'm really sorry for holding up your thread. I've been doing it for quite some time now and I feel terrible, but I've been trying to put Girya/Dion's background into words rather than the vague notions I held in my head (to put in the biography thread) so that I can truly continue with their side of the story, their observations and what they'll chose to do next in your story ^^
At present I've managed to lose the disk I saved it on. I hope I'll find it very shortly... if I don't I severely doubt I can rewrite it (it all happened in a moment of inspiration, granted inspiration since rewritten and modified... but I don't think I could quite capture my thoughts again) If that happens I'll post again regardless.

Once again, Sorry to anyone I'm holding up in any threads

Edited by Charon, 13 June 2004 - 03:01 AM.

#22 Opie

Opie
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 02:40 PM

still annoyed with people using grammer wrong. Sorry about double posting, but i hate when people do that

#23 Tamandra

Tamandra
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 05:35 AM

Hate to bother you with what must seem like a stupid question, but what is ooc???

#24 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 07:13 AM

OOC= Out of character
~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#25 Opie

Opie
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 05:37 PM

LOL, don't worry about stupid questions here. That's one of the reasons i made this string, to clear up things like that. Oh, and i just now realized that I spelt "Grammar" wrong. Lol, that made me look like an idiot!

#26 Opie

Opie
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 09:00 AM

Alright. I'm REALLY REALLY BORED! So you know what I'm gonna do? COMPLAIN!!!! Has anyone else seen this movie The Village? IT SUCKS!!!! Don't see it if you're expecting a horror movie. IT WILL MAKE YOU CRY INSIDE!!! If you go see this movie, you will have to take a page out of Foamy's book and STAB YOUR EYE OUT WITH A HOT FRENCH FRY!!!

#27 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 09:21 AM

Alright. I'm REALLY REALLY BORED! So you know what I'm gonna do? COMPLAIN!!!! Has anyone else seen this movie The Village? IT SUCKS!!!! Don't see it if you're expecting a horror movie. IT WILL MAKE YOU CRY INSIDE!!! If you go see this movie, you will have to take a page out of Foamy's book and STAB YOUR EYE OUT WITH A HOT FRENCH FRY!!!

Bah, foolish newb :P This is a roleplay discussion forum, go complain about the bad movie in offtopic ^^

Then, to make yourself unbored join or create a random roleplay thread ^^

On that film though... my old high school did a play of that movie. It was quite good as school plays went :P

#28 Opie

Opie
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 04:03 AM

hey hey hey, i may be a newb, but i created this string, so i'll talk about whatever i damn well please :P Just kidding. I know, i just wanted to complain about the movie, and people in off-topic bother me. You already did a high school play of it?

#29 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 04:12 PM

You already did a high school play of it?

I hadn't realised you were talking about a new film ^^
Our school play shared the name though, and was a horror which is why I was confused... perhaps our play was based on an older film which just happened to share the name :P

Edit: I looked up the new film and they definately aren't one and the same ^^;; So I think I need to go tell someone else I made that mistake too... :S
It's a shame... I do hate being wrong :P

Edited by Charon, 08 August 2004 - 09:51 PM.

#30 Opie

Opie
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 03:31 AM

LOL don't we all? But the movie WAS a book too. maybe that's where you got it from?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users