In Preparation Of The War

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 07:49 PM

*As Amy wanders about the realm she hears muffled whispers of an impending war.. her eyes widen as she grips her fingers tighter about the tip of her lance.. "there is always war.. somewhere.. big or small.. I must find out more" she says to herself. Moving quickly to the barrier forest and within Draco Keep she informs her family of the news..

Calling the other members to the anteroom she speaks loud and clear "I don't know enough, but I am sure a great battle is coming.. we must prepare.. to help those we can, and to fight those we must. Ready yourselves!" Her eyes usually a soft cornflower blue deepen to azure and she readies her own teams as she looks to the other leaders and founders. Make sure that you prepare well, we know not what this war will entail.. but war is never fair..

She gives instruction to groups to stock up on supplies, make sure their weapons are in working order, sends out some comrades of the shadows to seek further information and asks all to get on their best armor and equipment.. brushing a strand of silky blonde hair out of her eyes she stands tall. "Our position must be clear. As more information is found out we must decide upon which area we will protect.. we must remain unified, and we must stand strong, and most importantly, let Draco fight with honor!"

Many bustle about in preparation as she softly chants.. taking a moment to sit within the chapel of Draco Keep.. "Guide us.. " she requests looking up.. *
~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#2 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 08:10 PM

Squee shuffled over to Amy as quietly as he could. He really didn't want to bother her...but...he had to; he needed to. He inched closer, his tail dragging across the floor. He was scared, terrified even...but not of Amy.

He tilted his head back slowly, letting the hood of his robe fall on to his shoulders. He twitched his ears a little and wrinkled his nose. Then, very cautiously, he walked to Amy's side.

"...Y-You're...You're not wreally going to fwight...a-are you?" Squee whispered as he gripped on to his staff tightly. He gritted his teeth teeth hard and almost began to shake as he spoke.
Posted Image

#3 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 08:39 PM

*She tilts her head peering at Squee from beneath long lashes.. her azure orbs still flashing with concern over the coming events.. seeing his teeth chatter she realizes he is afraid and she reaches a slender hand out and places it upon his shoulder.. with a gentle voice she speaks to him.. bending her legs she lowers herself to a kneeling position so that he doesn't have to look up at him.. "Oh Squee, worry not... all will be fine" she says not really sure of that herself, but not wanting to scare him even further.. she takes a long slow breath and then continues.. "But, if I must fight, I will. Part of our duties are to protect what we stand for.. we must find out more before we take sides.. but the fact remains, in a war of what magnitude this may become, we can not just stand by and let others destroy themselves and the land about us.. "

She has much to deal with.. but she wants him not to worry, and yet, be prepared all the same.. "You do not have to fight if you wish not to.. perhaps, perhaps " her words pause for a moment as a thought forms in her head and then she continues "would you do me a huge favor? would you perhaps organize a small healing party? if others need medical attention you could surely help them right?"

She looks about to the others.. nodding to Alphabet she motions for him to come closer.. speaking in a low voice she says "Will you inform our allies of what we know so far, and find out if they have additional information.. we must do what we can to ensure their safety as well"

Alphabet nods but says nothing heading off to do what Amy has requested.

She looks back to Squee.. patting his arm in a consoling manner she smiles "I will do what I can to protect you little one.. worry not. by preparing there is a much greater chance that we will be unharmed" she hopes at least.. her eyes flash with a brief flicker of worry but she quickly hides it.. changing the subject perhaps to just get his mind off it she asks "Tell me, what mischief have you been into lately?" she laughs softly teasing to lighten the mood. Glancing briefly to her own team members she gives a silent command to get to work.

Edited by Amy, 22 April 2004 - 08:42 PM.

#4 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 11:29 PM

Silverwizard walks to Draco Honoris keep, "I am with Squee on this one Amy. I fear this war does not need more bloodshed and I know the power of Draco, you will only cause worse destruction. Tell me, is this war justified, both sides have been wronged, both deny wronging, I think it was another force, it bears investigation, not help in the bloodshed they shall wreak."

Silverwizard moves beside Squee.
Chairman of The Warriors of The Mist, The Great and Powerful Wizard

Skippy the Peanut Butter Fiend.

#5 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 01:09 AM

*Her gaze moves to silverwizard as he enters Draco Keep.. her chin set in determination she stands and merely nods..suprised at first that he had heard her words from within the keep, thinking perhaps he had been standing near the door the entire time or something.. "You do what you must.. as will we. We merely wish to protect ourselves as well as those we know.. Tell me Silverwizard" she says to her old friend .. "You would let these sides destroy each other, and then what? Wait until they decide to go further, and start to destroy our homes as well? Let them destroy the lives of friends that may be visiting there?... I disagree.. Do I support fighting for no reason? No.. but, will I sit back helplessly and let them wreak havok upon the land.. Definately not!" she pauses looking down to squee.. once more a gentle smile crosses her face.. she realizes his wish to not fight, she realizes that in this battle many lives may be lost.. an internal struggle of her own tugs at the corners of her consience.. of course it would be easier to do nothing, but doing nothing is sometimes worse when innocents may be slaughtered .. she must do what she can, she knows that well..

"After speaking to our allies I will discuss openly our position within this battle.. if any.. but I will not let my family be unprepared should the bloodshed flow this way. I will not let those less innocent die without someone to watch their back.. If I must go alone then so be it. IF i can provide merely healing to those fallen, or if I must instead send a strong arm to swing a blade, then that is what I will do. Judge me not .. I have a feeling this war will happen.. regardless of if some decide to merely duck low and wait it out. I shall nay stand by idley and watch the blood pour into the paths " As she speaks she wraps potions and vials in soft cloth to protect them during travels having already delivered many stashes of supplies to various areas about the trails to both Arilin and Harabec.

After speaking her own thoughts she looks once more at silverwizard "If you want not war, perhaps you can join Squee in supplying an area for the wounded to be brought" she takes a slow breath.. "or perhaps, you wish to merely wait until the danger is gone.. the choice is yours.. I know what I must do. "

Edited by Amy, 23 April 2004 - 01:13 AM.

#6 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 01:20 AM

Squee listened attentively to Amy. His eyes focused and his body motionless. He understood what Amy was saying...and what his heart told him to. He knew that it was wrong to fight like this...but it was also wrong, if not more-so, to not do anything about it.

...Maybe if he joined the fighting...he could...

"...I will fwight!" he cried out abruptly. He moved to Amy and tugged on her clothes gently, looking up at her.

"...I-I...I will fwight with you and everywon else!"

Squee gripped his staff tightly, almost as if he were anxious.
"...I-I've bween pwacticing...I-I can fwight."
Posted Image

#7 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 01:27 AM

*She looks down as Squee tugs at her shirt.. she smiles a bit at the young ones anxiousness.. "Now Squee.. I am sure that you have been practicing.. and yes, you too must prepare.. we still do nay know for certain what our position will be in this war.. maybe in the end we will not have to fight.. from what I have learned though, after traveling many realms, is that you must fight for what you believe in.. I know that you do not like war, neither do I young friend.. neither do I.. " she sighs softly but once more stands tall and proud.. "I need you to oversea the gathering of magical supplies.. perhaps crystals and the such to aid in the healing of fallen comrades.. could you do this for me?" she asks.. She feels responsible for the young one.. and does not want him in danger.. and yet, knows, that the use of aid will be needed.. that is one thing no matter what the war.. people get hurt, and the hurt need healed. If only she could protect all she knew.. unfortunately, that wasn't even realistic, and she knew well, by the end of the war, some would die.. she may as well face that fact now.. she tries to hide her concern though some, as to not upset the child.

#8 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 01:32 AM

Like a thousand candles, Squee's eyes lit up. He gasped a bit and began to nod his head violently.

"I-I can dwo that!" he said with joyful glee. Almost before he even finished, Squee had turned and began to run away. He picked up the bottom of his robe as not to trip on it and carried his staff in his two paws.

Down the hall-way, Squee's grunts and (happy) pantings could still be heard as he frantically raced around, even after he was long out of sight.
Posted Image

#9 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 01:44 AM

*She smiles as she sees his eyes light up.. yes, giving the young one an important job was what was needed.. "Oh thank you, I fear I have so much to plan, I have gathered healing potions but crystals are still needed. That is a very important job but I know you can do it" before she speaks though he is off.. she chuckles as she can hear him preparing frantically.. if only she could keep him safe for sure during the actual war.. yes... she would indeed. Even in spite of the trouble that looms nearby she hums.. She had indeed started on the crystals herself, but that was not necessary to speak of.. she was sure that he would do what was needed and perhaps, in doing so his sweet nature would not be subject to cruel intentions that ran rampant through the realm.

She makes her way in search of Alphabet to find out if he had spoken to all allies to find out their position.. knowing that time is short before long it would be among them.

#10 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 02:03 AM

A mysterious warrior looking to be of some strange consequence approaches the Draco Keep. As he approaches he meets the guards. "I must speak with the one in charge of this fortress. I have no place in this society, but I can not stand by and see it ruined...
Please, I beg of you, allow me entrance." The stranger pleads.
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#11 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 02:11 AM

((UMM, I am the overlord of The Warriors of the Mists, ally of Draco Honoris, therefore Alphabet would have come to me, therefore I would know your plans))

"Amy, I have never reasoned with anyone in Draco before, but I feel strongly against this war. Draco fights for right, I think this war was caused by dark elves, is it right to go into a battle sword swinging if neither side even knows if they were crossed. If my mind is in this realm I shall be sending my elf avatar Weaponless into the fray to heal and aid and nothing more. But Amy, I ask you to reconsider, this battle is unjust, and will not affect Draco. Even if it does, why not let both sides weaken themselves and let Draco prepare without wasting resources on bloodshed for bloodshed's sake."

#12 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 02:22 AM

(ooc sorry silver .. had meant to rp out alpha going but that is fine :) will just continue from here then)

She looks to silver... "Just because it is started by darkness as you presume, although I am not sure how you can be certain.. how can you stand by and let those innocents within the paths be harmed.. " hearing his words she wishes to discuss this more but pauses when she realizes someone is at the entrance of draco keep.. "Excuse me one moment please" and she walks to the entrance of the keep..

Her eyes still darkened with emotion she studies the warrior a moment.. then bows her head as she hears his words.. not sure yet that he can be trusted she is leery yet still cordial.. "Greetings, I am Amy, I am one of the founders of Draco Honoris, how can I aid ye?" she asks. She steps back allowing him entrance into the courtyard.. "One moment please. " and she calls out.. "Silver, I am in the courtyard, join us here" and then turns her gaze back to the warrior. "What is your name stranger?" she studies him more closely "Are you hurt?" she asks.. Please tell us what you know.. "

She knows she must speak more to silver.. must let him know that they must find out more. But amid this stranger she would not, not until she knew his true intentions. She didn't say for sure whether she would fight, only let it be known that she will if she needed to. and her mind had not changed upon that thought.

#13 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 02:31 AM

The stranger enters the coutyard lifting his hood off his head with one hand as he does so, revealing an ashen face that once might have held authority. "I have no name," He says to Amy with a small, forced smile. "but those who need to call me something call me Mantis. I am a knight of sorts, though I lack lands or title." He lets out a groan as he falls to his knees shaking. It is now that a large splotch of blood is visible on his green cloak in the light of the courtyard. "Uungh." He groans again before falling over and passing out on the ground.
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#14 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 02:41 AM

*She notices his ashen face but makes no comment.. as to his words of no land nor title she smiles gently "Tis what a person carries in their soul that make them worthy of a title Mr Mantis" she says .. before she can say more though she sees him stammer and he hits the ground in a heap.. kneeling immediately she looks over him noticing at last the splotch of blood upon his cloak.. worry floods through her eyes and she mutters "So, you think we should still stay out of this Silver? still withhold our aid??" she asks, almost an hint of anger in her voice.. she carefully pulls back the mans cloak and studies the wound.. calling out to Squee she asks "Bring me some crystals please" her voice moving from the courtyard into the keep itself. Placing her hands directly on the wound she applies direct pressure .. a soft blue aura seems to surround her. She feels for a heartbeat.. nodding to herself as it is there and yet faint... "Can you get me some water to clean his wounds Silver?" she asks concern crossing her eyes for the fallen warrior.. What side was he on? that she doesn't yet know, but regardless, she can not let him sit here and die.

She looks from the corner of her eye and sees Alphabet standing silently nearby.. "Alpha, get me Aeryn, Bahthius and Draco please.. tell them I must speak to them immediately.. " she continues to work on the fallen warrior knowing alpha will do as she asks.. and hoping she can stabalize the man fast enough.

Edited by Amy, 23 April 2004 - 02:43 AM.

#15 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 02:45 AM

Squee quickly came running out, robes billowing. He no longer carried his staff and his arms were full of various crystals. Panting hard, he approached Amy.

"...I-I...H-Hewe," he said breathlessly as he extended the supplies towards her.
Posted Image

#16 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 06:56 PM

Styx moved slowly along the path towards the Draco's Tower Keep, uncertain if she should even truly be venturing there, but she soon found herself at their door, whether she had intended to come or not. Slowly, she knocked on the door before giving it a slight push. The grand door creaked slightly in her grip, but soon subsided to her, granting her a passage of entry... she was surprised to say the least, but then realised she could hear voices
"It sounds..." she murmered to noone in particular "Like others might have come here as I did... about this dire event in the making"

"Hello?" she called softly as she moved along the corridoor"Is anyone he-" she cut off her call as she found herself in a countyard, along with a group of people"Ah...Hello, sorry to intrude" she stammered slightly as she bowed to those who were present before she actually took check of who the people were
"Lady Amy" she nodded, smile in her eyes "And Sir Silverwizard" she smiled at the head of the Warriors of the Mists... glad in part that those she had stumbled into were the people she knew here, when there were so many she as yet did not. She was taken aback as the dimunitive cloaked figure dashed towards Amy... their robes seemed to be almost swamping them... and then her eyes fell upon the final person present, and she was aware she did not know him

And was aware that he was injured

"What... what has happened here?" she asked softly in slight alarm as she moved forwards "I... am a healer of sorts when time requires and the gods allow... is there anything I can do to help?"
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#17 Bishop

Bishop
  • Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 07:42 PM

Bishop strolls into the courtyard, from somewhere deep within Honoris Keep. He bows his head slightly to all present as he joins them.

“Don’t concern yourself much with him; he’ll live.” He says to Charon, uncharacteristically without compassion. “Amy’s quite capable of tending his wounds.”

Aware of, but ignoring, ‘that look’ Amy just cast his way, he gazes off into the distance; “So, there’s to be a war between Arilin and Harabec."

“I’m sorry, but I don’t see what concern that is of ours.”
, he says flatly. “That’s all these people know, the only difference I see in this instance is that it’s public, and pre-planned – besides that, it’s the same old killing these people thrive on every day.”

#18 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 08:47 PM

"Forgive me for saying so... but that's a little harsh isn't it?" Styx murmered softly "I cannot help... but concern myself with others. Don't you care at all... about what has led to this? What has led to this mans injury... and what has led to this war? I myself do not approve of this war... they say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but that just isn't me. I despise such feeling as that which sweeps through the domain of nightmist at the moment... but these people may well be being misled, fighting each other for no reason. And even if their fighting cannot be dissuaded... surely we should try to find out what is truly happening?"

She looked away slightly

"I find it sad... that I come here only at a time such as this, but I felt the need to consult with others about this war... I am sorry to intrude with such dire speak" she rose her head and cast a glance at Bishop "And I am sorry if you do not care about the circumstances which brought me here. Be under no illusions... I would much rather have come in a time of peace with some offer of help or assistance or friendship... but I regret that is not the time we are in, nor has it ever been. This war the citadels of Arilin and Harabec are threatening... I know little about it, which is perhaps the problem. I was hoping to find one whose lattice of knowledge extends beyond that of my own"

"Those I know... believe that this event, is perhaps more than in seems. We have tried to find out about what led to this fateful mess... Helevorn travelled to Harabec when she heard the news, and she tells me that though their farm burned to the ground there was, at least, little other damage"

"While there, she managed to speak with Shockstorm of Desolations Desecration. He has been residing in Harabec these past few months, and insists that no attack was planned by the peoples of Harabec... that whoever or whatever set the fires had been given no provocation by those in their residence, that no military action had recently occured, at least not that he was aware of... and most of their royal castle, even their barracks, make so show of secrecy. They are more than open to those who wish to wander within them. My own Tlaloc also tells me that Arilin is calling to him to assist them, and apparantly their plea was somewhat desperate... they have no army as Harabec does, and instead are sending messages travelling through the somewhat mercenary undergrounds he sneaks within"

"I myself left Resthaven to travel to the graveyards of Arilin in the hope of finding some trace of whatever led the Harabecian soldiers to their deaths there. I paid my respects, but found nothing other than that the normal Guardians of the Psyclatery worn by the damnable Lich had returned since last my clan and I sent them away. Others in my clan have likewise tried to obtain information, just last night Evenstar heard the rumours of war and she and her agents have been running from place to place... but we... even with all this, we do not feel we are getting anywhere"

"Recently also... Charon sent word to me, reminding me of the previous attack on Arilin. That attack was led not by Harabec, but by the Dark Elves of Whiptongue. I remember how she went in search of this 'Whiptongue Forest' hoping that she might find them, might be able to find out what had led they and their stone advocates to Arilin that evening. I remember her being unsuccessful, almost certainly for her benefit, but she rose the doubt within me... that maybe even now, both sides might be targetting each other... when maybe neither is at fault. She told me how she had considered camping out along route to try and dissuade the fighting... considered even the option of calling her deity to try and stop them from slaughtering each other... before realising that would only add to the pain and chaos of the event. If she goes now, it shall be only to heal those who pass, not to stop them fighting. She knows... that whatever she tries she shall be unsuccessful"

"We are loathe to involve ourselves directly in this matter... loathe to involve ourselves in any war, especially when some of us don't even know if we shall manage to be around at the time the troops have declared movement, but the issue keeps raising itself"

She sighed, shifting around uncomfortably. Yet again she found herself making long speeches, something which she, as head of but a small clan, was unaccustomed to... something which even now made her feel uneasy... slowly she looked around

"And just as ususal" She mumbled softly, slightly embarrassed "Once I start talking... I am unable to stop. I am sorry to go on for so long... I had not intended to. I merely came here with a question, and I have told you too much of the endevor which led me here.... taking up your time which likely has much more worth than my spiel. I just... find it sad that a situation as dire as this can develop so quickly... can come to such a standoff... when so little can be found to justify the events which led up to this. That a war can develop so fast... what does that say for us as people? If those of this domain are so willing to fight with each other?" again she sighed

"Some part of me can understand why you may care little for these people... but not all of them are the same. A war is certainly not something I seek, and yet there is to be a war here, perhaps by knowing more about it... by knowing what has happened when both sides are so intent on justifying themselves and their own plight that the information they are feeding out could well be false... perhaps the true cause can be determined. Because if this war is manufactured... if the true cause is yet unknown... then the true cause shall not go away. It shall simply grow larger as it hides, and it shall come back and strike all of us hard"

"Perhaps, at the least, these people can be helped... I'm unsure. When I ventured here... I just wished to ask what, if anything, you and yours... any of you and yours... may have heard from the forming sides of what had occured. If perhaps you, with your many associates, may have heard more of this event than the associates of myself and my clan have managed"

"This war may be public, but the intent is not. Yes it is simply more killing... but it is glorified and harsh. Do you not seek... to help any of them? Have you truly... grown so cold to the people of this place that you see not the need... to help anyone?"

((ooc: I wrote this last night and was unable to post it... so much had changed since then ^^;; I've been reworking it trying to make it fit again, but its a little iffy. Sorry :s
Edit: I like purple, but this had too much even for me... so I switched the colours of speech and actions around to get rid of it ^^))

Edited by Charon, 24 April 2004 - 12:11 AM.

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#19 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:57 PM

Silverwizard was helping Amy during his silence. "Styx, I believe he meant that Amy could deal with wounds, I myself have been healed from pretty tough spots by her more than once, I trust her. This war is not for us to fight I think. I do know how Mantis was injured, but if Aralinn attacked a friend of myself or Draco, or any of my allies, I would kill to save them."

He then turns to Bishop, "What is your counsil in this matter? I am inclined to trust it, whatever it may be."

#20 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 11:52 PM

*She looks over to Squee as he rushes in with supplies... "thank you for the mana" she speaks low.. going back to work on the wounded warrior.. her eyes set in determination.. she will not let him die, not if she can stop it.. she is still unsure of the extent of his wounds or his attacker but in time she was positive she would find out.. *

She looks up as Styx comes in.. a soft smile accompanies her words.. "I know not what harmed the man, but I will do what I can to help him" she feels the tenseness in the air .. the war that will be here, she knows is not of their doing.. but she knows that even if they do not fight, that they must provide aid as they can. .. she listens to the words of all.. a million turbulent thoughts running through her head.. her fingers press against the deep wound of the warrior.. blood spurting through her fingertips in crimson streams.. but it does not sway her and she continues to try to get him cleaned up

She looks over to Bishop and nods with respect.. "Aye, it is not our war, but what is going to stop it from coming this way my friend? .. who will heal the wounded? who is to say that once they destroy each other that they will not seek more power and work their way through the entire realm? we have a duty to those even not in our family.. we have a duty to protect those we can. " she senses something bothering him but says no more.. she will speak to him in private without the observance of others..

She lowers her gaze once more to the warrior searching his form for any identification or any symbol or sign that may let her know of the sides he takes.. or anything else about the man.. regardless, the fact remains, he had asked her for help, and she would give it. After dressing the wounds she chants softly.. creating a spring nearby to wash her bloodstained hands in.. after doing so she removes her own cloak.. folding it gently she places it under the fallen warriors head.. "I have dressed his wounds.. now we must wait.. perhaps he has information".. For now, she doesn't leave the injured mans side.

#21 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 12:01 AM

Once Amy had taken Squee's burden, he found himself sitting on the floor. He tucked himself comfortably into his rather large robe and pulled up his hood, a natural reflex of his.

As everyone spoke, Squee listened attentively...of course...until he lost interest. Then he would simply bob his head and hum a merry tune, flicking his tail and half-smiling with amusement.
Posted Image

#22 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 04:48 AM

One can observe a great deal from beneath the shade of the willow tree at the edge of the Barrier Forest. He had watched the caravans that once carried linens and pottery slowly changing their cargoes to hardtack and steel. He had watched as the faces of those who traveled the forest changed from the expectant looks of pilgrims and minstrels to the cold, hard faces of mercenaries. He saw the young men who once hunted rabbits in the meadow putting down their snares in exchange for bow, staff, and spear. He knew the signs. War was coming. He would be needed.

He watched also as the visitors arrived at the door of Honoris Keep. Although his oath prevented him from ever entering those doors, those within knew him well. They would be expecting his message.

He extended a gloved hand and the raven who had been perched in a nearby fir tree glided down to rest on his arm. Although his face told little to the casual observer, the bird seemed to feel the tension that existed beneath his calm facade.
As his thoughts turned inward, he absentmindedly stroked the back of the raven's feathered back.

"Corvidae, I have messages for you to deliver." The raven nodded once, then inclined its head toward him. "Fly first to Aeryn. You will find him in the outskirts of Blackthorne, standing guard over the crypt of Aet'Thol. Tell him of all that we have seen here. Although he will want to come here, to be with his family within Honoris Keep, tell him to keep to his post. We cannot neglect our duty to see to the safety of the rest of this realm."

"Return then, and carry word to Amy, Bishop, and Bahthius in the Keep within. Tell them first that I worry that this war will bring chaos not only to Arilin and Harabec but to the rest of the realm as well. Tell them that I have instructed Aeryn to maintain his post in Blackthorne, to stand guard against the minions of Aet'Thol and the Spider King."

"And finally, ask Amy to relay this message to all within the Keep. Tell them all that war is one of the horrors of humanity. It is a ravenous beast, that once unleashed will never sate its hunger. But there are times, when the cause is just, that all of us must face the fury and the anger of this beast. Tell them that I will be there, to watch over their fallen comrades, to preserve the sanctity of their bodies and their souls. Tell them that the fallen will know the peaceful embrace of death and not the unending horror of unlife. Tell them that Trevayne, Keeper of the Dead, will be watching over them."

With a practiced and gentle movement of his arm, the raven lept to the air, circled once, and took flight. He gathered his few belongings into his traveling satchel and looked down the road toward the forest. Yes, there would be much for him to do in the wake of the battle to come.

((OOC: I'll be out of town this weekend for the war, so I'll keep Aeryn and Trevayne out of the action. Feel free to send word to either of them, and I'll hopefully be online enough to reply. It is a pleasure to see so much activity around an organized staff quest. I hope everyone has a great time!))
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#23 Metatron

Metatron
  • Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 09:40 AM

The sound of a great horse could be heard just outside the great door of the keep. As it swings open the outline of a young man becomes visible, as he approaches the little ‘crowd’ that had gathered around the man on the stone floor you begin to take more notice of him. He’s a young male warrior with long shoulder-length hair as black as the night its’ self, he wears a long black cloaked tinted with a deep crimson red that flows over his shoulders and down upon his armour made of thick plates of blackened dwarfish steel, each platelet out lined by runes of the great Paladins themselves of whom he’s is a member. His gauntleted hand rests gently on the hilt of a lovable companion sword with the inscription of “Sanctus Lamnia” the sacred blade with a simple steel round shield with the same protective runes as his armour. However you can’t take your attention away from his breastplate carving of a great dragon that’s gilded with a gold that burns with a ferocity like the suns blood, as if it knew war were approaching.
After casting a wary glance at those not of the clan Agmar then turns to Amy and Bishop, he spoke in a deep tired voice, “I came straight from battling the zombies in the courtyard of the necromancer, Zanitos. As soon as I heard the clouds of war were gathering between the two towns. I decided to return from my quest and come back to the keep to find out what our position on such a matter is.”

((OCC):YAy first rp postsorry about the long description but i needed to establish my character to my self and every opne else seeing as its new to the realm in a manner of speaking, but ayways hope you like it :) )

Edited by Metatron, 24 April 2004 - 09:41 AM.

Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other sins are invented nonsense.

~Agmar~

#24 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 10:32 AM

She looks up from the passed out warrior and smiles a bit.. He is stable for now.. she looks to squee.. "watch over him a moment please.. " she hands him a damp cloth to wipe his brow as needed .. She stands and looks to the warrior coming in.. "tis good to have you home Agmar" ..

Her gaze catches something from her periphael vision and she turns toward the entryway of the Draco Keep she blinks a few times . the raven was flying right toward her, the raven she knew of.. the raven of Trevayne.. she extends her arm to the side and allows the raven to land upon her shoulder.. tilting her head slightly she studies the dark and yet beautiful bird... "have you word for us?" she asks.

She hears the words of the raven, they seem to float into her mind like a clear thought "war is one of the horrors of humanity. It is a ravenous beast, that once unleashed will never sate its hunger. But there are times, when the cause is just, that all of us must face the fury and the anger of this beast. I will be there, to watch over their fallen comrades, to preserve the sanctity of their bodies and their souls. The fallen will know the peaceful embrace of death and not the unending horror of unlife. Trevayne, Keeper of the Dead, will be watching over you all" she closes her eyes as the words of the Keeper of the dead's are transferred into her mind.. as she hears that Aeryn will be standing by in blackthorn..She worries for him, her dear friend.. she worries for many and hopes that she will have time to travel through the dark passages under the cities for a brief word with him before the war starts..

Her eyes intensify with emotion as she hears the words.. hears the wisdom beneath them.. She looks to the raven.. knowing that somehow it will understand her words.. "Tell him we shall prepare.. tell him, that we appreciate his watchful gaze, tell him, to watch over Aeryn..".. she then turns and repeats the words to Bishop and the others.. "Trevaynes words have come upon us with wisdom, I agree, that the war will not be confined within the cities of afar, eventually, it will lead here, and then, it may be too late to stop it. " she continues to repeat what the raven placed into her mind with its magic. After sharing the words of the raven, hence the words of Trevayne with those present she lifts her arm once again.. letting the raven fly free toward the forest.. "You watch over him too" she says to the black beauty..

She turns once more to her family and those that have come to speak with them.. Her gaze at last stops upon Bishop .. "I await your words" she says.. knowing that if he wishes to speak in private before announcing their position openly, he will pull her aside..

#25 Bishop

Bishop
  • Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 05:01 PM

Glancing solemnly at the faces around him, Bishop sighs and says, “If we must participate, it seems to me that the honorable thing to do would be to defend the attacked; defend the people of Arilin.”

#26 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 05:19 PM

*She nods to bishop.. "very well.. " and moves off.. toward arilin. Letting those she knows know which side they will protect.. *

#27 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 11:13 PM

The unknown warrior groans as he regains conciousness. He opens his eyes to see Squee looking down at him. "Huh!?" The warrior is obviously surprised to see such a strange face. He sits up and looks at the wound, how carefully it had been dressed, it would heal quickly. He looks around, seeing more people there now than there were before. He tries to stand, but the sharp pain in his side where the wound was told him to think better of it. So he sits and looks through his gear to make sure all of it was accounted for.

#28 Opie

Opie
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 01:15 AM

A man in a long black cloak walks by the tombstones of Arilin's graveyard. A hood conceals his face and he holds in his hand a long wicked looking scythe is held by a bone-white hand that is barely visible.

He looks down at one of the tombstones and pulls out a small satchel filled with an unknown powder. His knarled pale hand is exposed as he sprinkles the powder over the gave, and a raspy, whispered chant is barely audible. When his chant is finally completed the ground begins to bulge under the grave.

A somewhat skeletal hand pushes up from beneath the ground, flesh still clinging to the bones in some places. Before long, a full skeleton, covered by flesh in about half of the areas of his body is walking along, following the cloaked figure, who seems to be hovering along the ground.
*`~Ø~þ~í~€~`* the ÃÑçíèчÑøøßï€
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Ben Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users