Photo

Mage Spell

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:27 PM

We've been tossing around the idea in chats for awhile so here goes. A new mage spell that works essentially like a vampire blood potion, making the mages spells vampiric for a time. Self cast only, been suggested anywhere from 15-300mp for 30 secs to 3 mins. A couple names have been mentioned, i'll let people name them as they go. So there it is, support, don't support, suggestions, whatever. Remember i'm suggesting this for the 20 alt server only.
Jaded ingame.

#2 Envy

Envy
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:34 PM

Ill support and think its a great idea i'm one of the ppl who was tossing around with Jaded/Crane/Diemos about this vampiric spell for Main server b/c i personally think that it will help mages train solo in some areas like desert ect also i think it will be a great idea for mages to get a new selfcast spell to make the game more interested and make ppl want to train mages from 30 and over also think that the mana cost for beam short be reduce since they r mana greedy and hardly anyone like to train them in there party b/c of the mana pull (i know that this topic is not about reducing mana from mage spells but though i should throw it in there ) well onces again i support the idea about making new spell for mages on Main server and we all though about it to be called Blood Rites(think thats the way its spell lol) well anyways come on guys support it plz 1 alt ppl if ur going to hate dont post plz ty have a good day
If Your Reading My Post It Means Ive Pwned You

#3 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:35 PM

Definitely supported! If I remember the ideas going around enemy chat, a popular name that came up was Blood Rite or Blood Rites. My suggestion for figures would be lasting 3 minutes, costing 100 mana and returning 10% of any spell damage as an HP gain (so an equivalent of 0.1 Vamparic on spells).

My logic goes that the HP gain is not brilliant, but nonetheless significant, and the 100 MP cost goes by the fact you might be carrying an Advanced Healing Potion, and it being replaced with an Advanced Mana Crystal instead to pay the Blood Rites cost.

Yeah, I'm not sure how this would affect Mages on 1-alt, although it would give a nice boost to solo-training and not be so strong as to dominate PvP fights. It might or might not be used significantly on multi-alt if present, but may take a little bit of strain off Clerics when dealing with the annoying 1-point poison that can cause you to waste heals.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#4 Pureza

Pureza

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:40 PM

Don't forget that Mages are the only class in game that don't have some type of vampiric "attack". Yes I know they have access to vampiric weapons, but honestly who melees with a mage. Barring a buff that makes them vampiric, maybe an attack spell along the lines of beam, that's vampiric.

Edit:
Vampire Blood Potion does work with mages spells. Perhaps a little too well. But would be nice to have a mage spell to work towards after beam.

Edited by Pureza, 15 November 2010 - 10:42 PM.

Jaded ingame.

#5 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:45 PM

Oh yes - what level would you suggest? 32? And would this be a guild spell or a scroll that you would have to obtain elsewhere?

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#6 Pureza

Pureza

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:52 PM

Definitely a higher level spell. 32 would seem kind of low to me for something so powerful. Personally i'd suggest 35 or 36. But i'm sure that seems a bit bias since my mage is the only one on the server that high. As far as obtainability, there's alot of different ways that could be gone with. Crafting, a quest, shop bought scroll, drop added to existing boss.
Jaded ingame.

#7 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:54 PM

I wouldn't go as high as 35 personally, just because it's so hard to train them that high. 34 perhaps! Sounds good though.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#8 Pureza

Pureza

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:56 PM

I'd agree with 34. Alot of level 33 mages on the server. Gives them a reason to train.
Jaded ingame.

#9 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:26 PM

I wouldnt see a problem with 35+ even though your the only one with one. That makes more since to me in my head for some reason. Dont really know what it is, but i think it would be better lol. But ya, i would support the idea on main, and possibly an idea similar but slightly less on the vampiric for 1alt would be nice as well.
Apocalypto

#10 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:10 PM

In all honesty its an ALT server. Being that if you wanna train your mage then use a cleric to heal as you do it. I see no reason for the vampiric spell on main tbh. You have a cleric to heal you character with. Use it! Now if you think about one alt this might even up the playing field on one alt a lil. Like give this to lvl 25+ mages on the one alt server so that they arent too easy to train. Give it a vampiric amount slightly less then the spider staff being that you can use a spider staff and regain a good amount of health with a druid. So you picture a 5 round of beam for 80 points a pop. Does 400 damage. Maybe a 10% or less and make the spell cost just as much as Invisibility, which note on one alt cost 40 mana. So if you have to make it cost 50 mana.
Peacemaker both servers.

#11 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:19 AM

I would rather see a spell that returns mana. Since an AoP mage can tank mobs so well I find that you run out of mana before you run out of health. Also, like jake mentioned there are clerics.
Freek ingame.

#12 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:45 AM

I actually agree with jake as well. And jordan, as aop does have a pretty big impact, and a problem with mage training is the fact that you cant venture very far without having to go back for mana. I honestly like the idea of having to set in a vulnerable state in which your armor or dex is significantly decreased while your mana refreshes and your pic is discolored like rage. That would obviously take coding, but then again so would this suggestion.
Apocalypto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users