Underpowered On 1a Much?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 XxDarkAlliancexX

XxDarkAlliancexX
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:08 AM

Yeah so was in petes.... 165 ac.... got clicked 3 times ina row by a lvl 35 dwarf thief and a couple times by Hollow
(nobody say assass isnt affected by armor.... it is partially)
Posted Image

#2 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:52 PM

The real question is..how did you get in Pete's when you've quit?
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#3 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:55 PM

I told everyone mages would suck in higher levels, raising hp and stam to 7 doesn't exactly keep it even, more chances to fizzle, getting a perfect round will be even harder, even if you do, just as level 30, you still won't round a dwarf anything with max wis of the same level or a fighter/zerk.

What I think is needed is 31+ armor, it will put the mage back in it's place cause..that's what makes the mage good, (if they add better weapons, mages sooo better get devestate).

#4 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:00 AM

Ah see why should i have to bring along 3-4 players to pk when a thief can simply click me himself?....
And no sorry cant wait till they get low on hp... cuz with dotw thieves never leave healthy

kk we did a little experiment.....
Achilles is a Male Elf Grandmaster Class I Sorcerer. He looks normal, very wise, fast, and very sexy. In one hand he holds a Cobalt Birthday Cake, the other a Wooden Bracers. He is wearing a Robe of Storms, and a Silver Diadem protects his head. Around his neck sits a Hades Amulet. He has a Baron's Bracelet and a Baron's Bracelet around his wrists. He is wearing a Ring of Thunder, a Platinum Wedding Ring, a Platinum Wedding Ring, a Platinum Wedding Ring, and Spider Gauntlets on his hands. His feet are protected by Vindicator's Boots. He is a Founder of Ðëådlÿ ££îäñçë and he is in a healthy condition.

334hp and 160ac when spelled....

Ryan used a lvl 33 theif (Alias) with Dos.... 10 assassinates unhanced/hanced/rf ..... yeah after this i decided Achilles will rot on lvl 35
Unhanced: 260... 261... 225... miss... 265... miss... 278... 264... 225... miss. (out of 334hp.... those hits hurt)
Hanced : 300.... 316.... 290.... 315.... clicked.... 327.... 316.... 331... clicked.... miss
RF/Hance: click... 252... click.... miss... click... click...257... 282... 255... miss

Yeah only time ive messed with 7 stam thief was walt in petes and he clicked me (unhanced) 3 times ina row....

There is no upperhand to not running out of stam, because u get clicked b4 u invis anyway ;D
Raylen hit it perfect

Ok, first off this is ryan, not jono… As for the comments gaddy and rob have made, they are totally beside the point… hitting and invising with 5stam+1 for vis will work..but in order to kill them you have to use another round of beam, and probably still wont kill… thus getting clicked.. And that’s even if u get the second round off, or for that matter get invis after the first round… and as for going pking with 4 chars that’s insanely unfair to the class… along with absorb bracelets and the raise of min assassinate… and jonos post pretty much sums up my exact thoughts… dotw makes it nearly impossible to wait for low hp… and whats low for a thief with 400-420hp?..when u can hit around 360 with perfect round… besides the test I did with jono I did a test with freedom.. Lvl 32... Took 6 rounds b4 I rounded it… and that’s at 32..once at 35 it will be in an army of 35 thieves against the once in a while 6stam mage… everyone knows the reasons for this, being dotw, cost of mana, and overall easier to train a thief… thus mages should if anything be slightly stronger than thieves... not easily be ownd by them... lastly, rob, you havnt played in quiet some time… you don’t really get how overpowered thieves are…

:ph34r:

Edited by Consumed, 13 May 2008 - 02:02 AM.

-Alias ingame-

#5 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:34 AM

If you did real PKing---where you don't straight fight players, which is just PvP, you wouldn't sit there with a thief who knows you're about to hit him.
Once again, if you are not trying to be tactical, you don't win the fight.

The thief might not even have potions in a real hunting situation, which would mean your two rounds would kill anything close to an equal level character.
Generally thieves train alone and with DotWs, which has a far lower base damage---why are you fighting one with a DoS?

Does DotWs on an unspelled thief still click you when it is within +/- 1 level of your mage?
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#6 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:10 AM

Manda (lvl 36) clicked Achilles (lvl 35) with Dwarven Pickaxe. Owned much?
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#7 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 06:45 PM

Sucks to have put so much time into that character Jono, but nothing is getting changed these days. Just play a thief. . . Train ez + rape pvp. That's all you need.
Autek in game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users