Spell Ideas

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 rebel_blaidd

rebel_blaidd
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:47 AM

this wont be too acurate i dont know all that much about spell design but ill give it a shot

blink

was thinking lvl 13 or 14

blink will enable the caster if in a fight they dont think they could win to teleport the crux of this spell is they have no idea where they will end up

also some simple enchantments would be nice like maybe an insect swarm or a localized flood beneath someones feet to trip them up so they miss

or even an illusion make them think there weapon is a venemous snake and cause them to drop there weapon ie enequip it so theres not too much of an advantage for the mage

alot of these enchantments could be used for low level mages thus making mages appeal more to the new players

blink is the only thing ive thought of a bit which probally shows but as i said im no pro at designing spells

i do think mages need something to make them more interesting they might be wicked at arch but theres no appeal until then

#2 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 04:41 PM

the blink idea sounds cool, maybe make it short range, ie up to 10 squares away, and removes spelled amour so that you really do have to keep running.

#3 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:52 PM

or even an illusion make them think there weapon is a venemous snake and cause them to drop there weapon ie enequip it so theres not too much of an advantage for the mage

You cast Illusion on Shadowz, causing him to lose his grasp on his Cobalt Staff of the Winds.
You raise your hand out creating a devastating blast, injuring Shadowz for 100 points of damage, killing him.
Shadowz fell to the floor, his injuries getting the better of him.
Shadowz dropped a Cobalt Staff of the Winds.
You picked up a Cobalt Staff of the Winds.

EZ
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#4 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:29 AM

You'ld love that if it was brought in, lol.

;)

#5 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:11 PM

omg these ideas are amazing if only id thought these up then typed them out with no punctuation at all so you pass out trying to read it all in one go itd have been really good yeah

Presentation is one of the most important thing when making a suggestion. If you ask Gareth or Squee nicely, I'm sure one of them can give you a lesson ;)
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#6 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:11 AM

some ppl that play this game are only 12.... so you have to forgive their grammar.

Not me of course.

Interesting concept,

only breathing when you see a punctuation mark,

when you're reading something....

;)

#7 Elrik

Elrik
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:07 PM

Mages are fine as they are, in my opinion. If you're thinking of a damage spell, it's nearly pointless. It's not all that hard to get to lv15, you know.

If they were to have a lv10 spell, perhaps move Dispell back eight levels.

#8 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:49 PM

some ppl that play this game are only 12.... so you have to forgive their grammar.

Not me of course.

Interesting concept,

only breathing when you see a punctuation mark,

when you're reading something....

;)

lol

#9 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 05:07 PM

hmm good concept, but maybe if it was presented better, it might be looked at, sry
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#10 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 03:03 AM

Id love for a mage to be able to create an illusion. Being the magic users that they are it would be a unique concept.

However I doubt they would add anything like that to nightmist. ;)

I also think there should be more vortex gate places for mages to use. Seeing how it is a fun spell to create the gate and go someplace others can't.

Prolly won't be added either...
:wub:
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#11 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 10:33 PM

Would be cool if there was a spell which you could like create an illusion of yourself, or a hologram something and they would hit the hologram instead of you...

"Shadowz berserked at Disaster with his Cobalt Staff of the Winds, but no damage was done!

Shadowz: god i hate this game
Shadowz: here ker have all my stuff + jareds stuff
Disaster: M'kay"

Jus a randomn conversation at the end >.> but yeah you get the general idea.
Disaster ingame.

#12 liz

liz
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 04:55 AM

[quote name='Äññöÿäñcë' date='Jun 17 2006, 10:33 PM' post='167696']
Would be cool if there was a spell which you could like create an illusion of yourself, or a hologram something and they would hit the hologram instead of you...

This is a very interesting idea. ;)
"I've learn early in life that the heaviest thing a person can carry is an empty wallet"
................ and back to work i go
Liza ingame

#13 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 02:52 PM

kekeke DO IT

#14 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:20 AM

The hologram idea would be just as usefull as the blink spell, and alot of fun to use, would be a good anti-pk'r spell

;)

#15 liz

liz
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:21 PM

any comment / feedback from the staff? JLH?

;)

Liz
"I've learn early in life that the heaviest thing a person can carry is an empty wallet"
................ and back to work i go
Liza ingame

#16 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 03:59 AM

Btw that Blink spell should be equipped with a randomiser,

so that it doesn't 'blink' the caster to a set square at a set distance,

When cast, the distance 'blinked' is relative to your lvl, but the direction is random,

knowing my luck I'ld do a loop and end up back where I started from, lol.

;)

#17 Jarkoza

Jarkoza
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:42 PM

I thought I'd take advantage of the knowledge of our LoL playing members, and get this question answered.

I'd like to know if there is a champion who focuses on spell vamp don't know if that's the correct term...but like, takes an opponents stats, and adds to your own, as well as life steal takes an opponents HP, and adds to your own.

I like how Trundle's R does this...so I want to try out a champ who focuses on this.

Thanks for any help
ñêà÷àòü áåñïëàòíî

#18 Courage

Courage
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:51 AM

i think you would have trouble with people ending up inside walls with the blink thing...
And the unequipting spell would be overpowered cause then you could just disarm your opponent and make him drop that weapon like previously stated. Way overpowered..

I really wish that mages could port to local people. or port to difference main towns like Nightmist, Resthaven, and Blackthorn. only main cities. and maybe even Harabec.. They could have a sqaure set up in there that mages could teleport themselves or other people within their party to.

The decoy generating spell gives me an idea. Like adding something on to invisibility. Casting the decoy makes you invisible. When pker or monster attacks and kills it. it doesnt kill you allowing you to get away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users