Photo

Mages To Good?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Are Mages to Good?

Are Mages to Good?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 herbacious

herbacious
  • Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 04:06 PM

We all know Mages own but are they to good?
Just wondering wat everyone think's.

Edited by herbacious, 10 November 2005 - 04:07 PM.

Eternyte in game Main or 1A.

#2 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 10:27 PM

You get out of what you put into something, mages are harder to train then other classes, thus, should be better at arch.

#3 herbacious

herbacious
  • Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 04:04 AM

/nod

Good point.
Eternyte in game Main or 1A.

#4 LoKey

LoKey
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:55 PM

Each class is a give and take. Some classes seem to perform better against others. Mages seem to be slightly weak against the whole thief's assassinate. But they can stand against fighters pretty good. A lucky shot off a zerker's smite will do in a mage. It's all a give and take, so no, I don't think a mage is over powered. I think they used to be underpowered, but they did a good job at making an arch mage worth having now. But anyway, that's just my two cents.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
~ Edmund Burke ~

#5 MessiahX

MessiahX
  • Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 12:31 AM

Give back Devestate and they might be a bit overpowered but you'd have to wait and see for sure.

#6 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 07:03 PM

You get out of what you put into something, mages are harder to train then other classes, thus, should be better at arch.

incorrect mages = expensive to train not hard

pallies ARE harder and druids are damn close to being pretty hard
Page/Memo Beatrix

#7 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 07:12 PM

My paladin was a whole lot harder to train than Squee. A whole lot.
Posted Image

#8 stalker

stalker
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 05:58 PM

i posted no purely because of the fact that they are so goddam hard to train. when they are arch they absolutly rock but getting to arch seems to take forever
A wise man once told me that if you dont hurt people they wont hurt you........................he lied so i killed him

#9 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:30 AM

If the Mage spell dispell was adjusted to include terminating cleric spells, then I'ld answer that they're good enough at arch, (spell wise anyways).

;)

#10 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 05:44 PM

pallies ARE harder and druids are damn close to being pretty hard

Druids are pretty easy after level 25, tho pallies i agree are hard.

#11 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:11 PM

Hehe druids aren't too hard up to lvl 25 either, just go up into swamp with a cleric and kill stuff :wub:

And what's hard about pallys? Surely you just go and heal stuff...level up faster than a mage that way easily ;)
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#12 Arsenal

Arsenal
  • Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:26 PM

Hehe druids aren't too hard up to lvl 25 either, just go up into swamp with a cleric and kill stuff :wub:

And what's hard about pallys? Surely you just go and heal stuff...level up faster than a mage that way easily ;)

*agreed*

I don't really see how pally's are that hard to train... Healing? I guess maybe if you weren't healing to train it might be harder, but why would you do that if you have a decent healing spell?
-

#13 rebel_blaidd

rebel_blaidd
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:39 AM

i dont even think mages are "good" i dont think ive even been pked once by one they need more spells for them to be appealing theres too much training for little profit for them they need some inbetween spells

#14 Lampshade

Lampshade
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 03:31 PM

I thought Rangers where the hardest class to train 1 - 23.... Mages are not that hard to train.. just group em with a secondn mage and they lvl quicker than you think. and Druids.. Hard to train?> stick a torch on em morph and hit hydra's
or
go south of bt and stormwraith warthog's and brown/black bears.. and even Vampire Bat s and Demonic Soldiers...

#15 Monolith

Monolith
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 07:35 PM

I'd say Mages are a good class. Just recently got Transition to 25 and his spell damage improved into the 80s nearly. (Depending on what I hit)

What makes them good is that there spells ignore armor, and they rarely fizzle. Plus their Armor spells are pretty good as well. But if a zerk was given enough time, it could easily click a mage. Every class has their strengths and weaknesses, but I think the mage is a pretty good class. ;) There is my two cents.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users