Thief Ability Stalk...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jumpsteady

Jumpsteady
  • Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:39 PM

Okay after seeing how druids and rangers have the tracking ability... I have thought about what if theives had the same ability... This ability will be called Stalk.

When in stalking mode thieves can follow other players around like tracking... maybe to balance it in covert mode it would use their stam up like moving in covert does... but uncoverted they move with the person they are currently using the ability on... It just seems like the perfect ability for the thief class... just thought i would suggest it... maybe just on 1a or both...

please share comments...

#2 Arsenal

Arsenal
  • Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:49 PM

i like the idea. seems like thieves should have an ability like this. its remains hard to move around on covert with constant stamina drain. so it seems like it would give the thieves a new and interesting technique to try out. would help improve their class in 1a terms also. agreed :)
-

#3 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 04:08 AM

I dont know the exact storyline as to why a druid/ranger has ability(both are people of the forest and have an acute ability to follow their prey) but I can't think of a thieves ability. Thieves are people of the streets, that wait for their prey to look away to strike, much like theft in real life. Most good thieves have a well thought plan and strike when one is most vulnerable, they scout but a thief that would follow someone would draw too much attention to themselves. If this was even considered damage while stalked should be .5 because an opponent prepared for attack would avert it. Fails or assassinate attempts could be doubled rather than damage halfed but in the end I do not believe this is needed.

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#4 Jumpsteady

Jumpsteady
  • Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 05:53 AM

nice point corey which is why when they do it covert it takes stam away... so they cant be seen... but they have to pick the right time to reveal themselves...

#5 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:43 AM

I don't see how it'll be used, if someones training, odds are they will move before you get stam completely back, bringing it back down, and half the time you won't have the stam to click them. Unless your a badass 6stam thief ;p

To complete my statement, do they stop following when they don't have stam? Or do they come out of covert and keep following the enemy?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users