Suggestion

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:33 PM

So thieves are left with little advantage over other classes. Other then covert, and yes, steal gold, although few people use it, I came up with an idea that would not overpower thieves, and makes sense.

Thieves are supposed to be stealthy, to be sneaky. Thieves set traps, they would recognize a trap walking onto the square. Is it possible to give thieves a better chance to avoid traps that dont instantly kill (like in the lower level of Barracks, or the Gnoll Archers), or give them a resistance to a part of the damage traps do?

#2 MÚÐVÃ¥ÑË

MÚÐVÃ¥ÑË
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:38 PM

I do agree with this. thieves should have an advantage on traps. But that would also include the trap south of Nightmist...

Edited by MÚÐVÃ¥ÑË, 22 May 2007 - 04:38 PM.

Mudvayne

#3 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:47 PM

supported <3 teh thiefs
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#4 Trance

Trance
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:24 PM

That sounds kind of interesting. Maybe there could be other things like that for specific classes also. The way clerics can heal/damage strongly against dead things.

Supported.

Edited by Trance, 22 May 2007 - 08:50 PM.

All cars should come equipped with cleanse. Screw drunk driving!
Juan
ingame Irl

#5 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:35 PM

I thought they already avoided traps more often.
If not, they definately should.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#6 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:23 AM

I thought they did too

Supported anyway

#7 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:21 AM

they do very very slightly, no where near enough - for example heading up to banshee on thiefs is hell becuase you still get hit nearly every crit every trap
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#8 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 11:14 PM

I think it only works if your leading with a thief, because I know for sure that the underdark traps are nearly always avoided if your leading with a thief.
Si Senior!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users