What Would It Take

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:53 PM

it seems like there are more arch'd theives now than there have ever been, perhaps more than other classes, but they aren't theives are they? i decided to make this topic to discuss what should be done to make people want to play as theives.

when i started there were only a handful of notorious theives and a few closely guarded secrets. theives actually stole gold, and not seen until your pockets were empty or you were about to die. it was good, and my profile was full of NM's greatest lamenting about how they're being robbed. fun times, but no one steals anymore and the theif class is basically like invisible rangers at the moment. so what do we do?

i'll get the ball rolling. raise monster exp for stealing gold. since power training is not an issue anymore, we should remove the exp cap for stealing and have a varying amounts of exp given from various monsters depending on the difficulty of stealing from them. you'll get exp, you'll get gold, and you'll be a theif. i think it would be terrific if theives could train on what they actually do.

also exp multipliers for accomplishing things covert like robbing and killing. while also dulling the exp given for visible attacks, because with all the theives in game right now it doesn't make sense to make easier to train to 30, just different or more appropriate to the class. clerics heal, berserkers hit stuff, fighters fight, mages cast spells, but theives never steal, it's not right.

any thoughts suggestions to add? think about things theives should probably do, and how to create an appropriate incentive.
Evil report carries further than any applause

#2 EzPk

EzPk
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:44 AM

I think this would mean recoding every monster ingame to suit the exp you'd get from stealing gold and I really don't think thats going to happen... :)

#3 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 10:10 AM

well poo. that's no good. back to the drawing board.
Evil report carries further than any applause

#4 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:10 AM

I remember fondly Grushenka, I worked my tail off and got to the Rose Gardens with Eternal Breeze (think she was a level 22 fighter then) and a nearly full inventory of pots. I was so proud of myself about to stay alive and kill all these monsters even though I had to hit/run/heal wait for stamina and hit again. Finally I killed the stupid gardener, and then realized my pockets were empty... I was devestated, but in awe. She stole me blind before I died. Those were the days!
~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users