Weapon Bd

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Venture

Venture
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 11:25 AM

I think thieves need a weapon to match Sov Swords BD my resoning being that in the old days of NM thieves had the best weapon (in terms of BD) when best weapons were Dagger of spirits, Halberds, Enchanted Bow, Justice Blade, Silver Staff, (don't know the old best druid weapon, Morning Star?).

When Cronos was introduced at least the thieves got something to match top after being knocked off the top BD weapon (when Malok area was introduced) but now why should Fighters (which already hit alot more than thieves with lower BD) have the best BD weapon when they didn't used to.

Obviously it would be just as hard to get as Sov Sword/Sword of Truth... wouldn't even have to add a new area, could make it an alt drop for a current monster.

Also unrelated to BD but why can thieves equip Katana's and Tanto's but not Wakizashi's since they're the same except for length?

#2 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 05:01 PM

Umm...I didn't expect it to, but this makes complete sense to me.
Very uncommon for me to open up something that I expect to think is dumb, and find it to be pretty logical and fair.

I half-doubt that anything of SS base will come for thieves, but I do think it would fit just fine for such.
However, Emerald Daggers, Mithril Claws, and Ilth. Keeshes seem pretty good anyway.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#3 Venture

Venture
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 09:05 PM

I don't know whether to be insulted because you thought it'd be dumb or just glad you thought it wasn't lol.

Yes all the 29 base weapons are good but thieves do hit pretty poor anyway, that 1 more base could give thieves that extra bit more to click mages which i know is possible with 29 base but doesn't happen very often (from my experience unless it's a mage thats not very well equipped).

And maybe it would get more people using them for events besides me lol.

#4 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:21 PM

I kinda agree especially on the Wakizashi thing, would be nice to up the thief weapon bd.

#5 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:47 PM

The reason why the Wakizashi can't be used by Thieves is purely a balancing issue - it's too high for its level, considering level 10 Thieves will still be using Hand Axes.

Thieves may have a disadvantge in Player vs. Player, but their mere name "Thief" implies they aren't a hardened warrior and aren't built for confrontations anyway. Their advantage comes from stealing gold and their assassinate attack being armour-piercing (very useful against Aet'Thol)
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#6 Venture

Venture
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 08:47 PM

And what about when the title changes from Thief to Assassin. Surely an Assassin should be good PvP since the name suggests they're meant for killing people.

#7 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 10:36 AM

And what about when the title changes from Thief to Assassin. Surely an Assassin should be good PvP since the name suggests they're meant for killing people.

Only when they have the advantage of stealth and an unsuspecting victum.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#8 .?.

.?.
  • Members
  • 1210 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 05:07 AM

get a cleric, thiefs can hit up to 470 damage. (dwarfs anyway)

i've seen halflings do 430 damage, gnomes do 400, humans do 450
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me.

#9 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 11:30 PM

i like the idea, thieves should get a better weapon to boost the damage they do
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users