Another Thief Idea

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 2Pac

2Pac
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:15 PM

i'm gonna start and build a new area for thieves to train. And Need Some Suggestions from thief owners what they'd like to see and all that. So if you got some suggestions Post them here and i'll look at them and pick ones i like and if others agree on them.
Thúg LíFè

#2 stalker

stalker
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:21 PM

mayb the drop at the end shud b like a peice of armour that only thieves shud b able to use (wudnt b a bad idea) iu wudve said weapon but yeah we have maloks for that
A wise man once told me that if you dont hurt people they wont hurt you........................he lied so i killed him

#3 2Pac

2Pac
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:59 PM

I was thinking the same thing buy not jsut 1 big monster si gonna be in here that drops something. Armor is a good ideaa to think able adding into my area. some have already said ingame this shoudlnt be done cuz theirs enough of them all ready. but as i said this is just gonna be better tehn them if i got my descriptions and all that right which i know i will. but add more suggestions if you want to see something new help get it put in by suggesting it and if i think its proper for a thief to talk i'll contact you on more about it thru time.

Thanks
Thúg LíFè

#4 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 03:19 PM

i say you have to steal something to get in. you can't get it as a drop you just have to get lucky and steal it from something that spawns randomly in some nasty area. like you have to kill a big bad boss to get a key. then with the key you can go somewhere and if your lucky some guy is there and you can try to steal from him and have like a 10% chance of getting the key.
Even in death my hate will go on

#5 2Pac

2Pac
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 03:25 PM

Jurian that sounds good to me. but as i was thinking this place is gonna be harder then all the other thief area's in nm right now, Maybe you'd could have to where at main gates to the place you gotta assassinate a few hard gaurds then when they die they drop the gate keys and as you progress through the area certain monsters have keys to secert rooms(with special chests there which give mysterious items that are needed(tho not teh same chest drops the same item twice). but if any others got more suggestions add them
Thúg LíFè

#6 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 03:26 PM

Here's a suggestion - don't waste your time.

It won't get added.

Harsh I know, and i'm not trying to be mean or anything, it's just the truth.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#7 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 03:30 PM

i say you have to steal something to get in. you can't get it as a drop you just have to get lucky and steal it from something that spawns randomly in some nasty area. like you have to kill a big bad boss to get a key. then with the key you can go somewhere and if your lucky some guy is there and you can try to steal from him and have like a 10% chance of getting the key.

like that....

and i think it would be cool to have a new thief area... its always cool when somethin new comes out... especialy if it is well thoughtout and interesting
-Alias ingame-

#8 2Pac

2Pac
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 04:17 PM

It won't get added.

now now Ste i know my chances of ahc=ving it put ina re slim to none but yuo never know Jlh might like it and might put ti in you never know. and i am planning this to be big and exciting for the community to actually have something to do different. now as i was saying i am starting to place it tohether now adding idea's from others with mine so far jurrian has come up with the best idea so far and its able to be changed alittle bit into my idea's and form something good so if anymore suggestions like jurian's are out there please help and suggest them never know your suggestion might be added into it.
Thúg LíFè

#9 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 04:23 PM

Screw Thief Areas a Mage Area NEEDS to be done or Druid Only Area soemthing like that
Astinus on 1alt Only

#10 2Pac

2Pac
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 04:27 PM

That Could Be Possible too, seeing i could write it in that mage with thieves or druid with thieves can enter that way you dont run out of stam on your thieves againest the monsters, Rob you helped out and don't even know it buddy, i could add those two beinfactors in with this aswell.
Thúg LíFè

#11 dognapot

dognapot
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 07:43 PM

i'd suggest a time warp that sends you to the scarlet daggers guild as it functionally was, three years ago. it would be easy to build. just one square, the time warp itself. the rest can be ripped off of the real scarlet daggers guild.
wouldn't it be funny if rich had registered this name first, and you were bickering with him?

#12 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 08:04 PM

I think I've seen Dognapot suggest this before but I'd like to see thieves having to light/put out torches, scale walls, and other things full of thief-goodness.
Posted Image

#13 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 08:24 PM

Druids have Natura.
Thieves have SDG and EDG.
Clerics have Museum, Illum Tunnels and Barracks (in a sense).
Rangers have Natura.
Fighters have no where specific.
Beserkers have no where specific (note to Julius' area however!).
Paladins have no where specific (could be argued same as Cleric areas however).
Pacifists have the Pyramid.
Mages have no where specific, and nothering suggested.

So, Mage are if you please. Kind sir.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#14 dognapot

dognapot
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 09:10 PM

I think I've seen Dognapot suggest this before but I'd like to see thieves having to light/put out torches, scale walls, and other things full of thief-goodness.

if it's not in the game, i've suggested it.
wouldn't it be funny if rich had registered this name first, and you were bickering with him?

#15 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:38 AM

i'd suggest a time warp that sends you to the scarlet daggers guild as it functionally was, three years ago. it would be easy to build. just one square, the time warp itself. the rest can be ripped off of the real scarlet daggers guild.

I think that would be pretty cool that way too.
Aequitas In-Game

#16 Venture

Venture
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 12:57 PM

Library info for Enchanted Bracers:
Armor base: 8, Can be worn by: thieves Description: These may look like your average Steel Bracers, but this pair has been magically enchanted to give more protection to the wielder whilst not affecting the wieght. , Level needed to equip it: 25, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0

If you do put a drop at the end i recommend this

and i agree with the mage thing but i like thieves more so i not really bothered

#17 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 02:03 PM

And Archmages are still stuck wearing those stupid, crappy, flimsy Wooden Bracers.
Posted Image

#18 2Pac

2Pac
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 11:52 AM

Library info for Enchanted Bracers:
Armor base: 8, Can be worn by: thieves Description: These may look like your average Steel Bracers, but this pair has been magically enchanted to give more protection to the wielder whilst not affecting the wieght. , Level needed to equip it: 25, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0

Thats a good idea but you got to consider your advenge lvl 25 thief aint gonna make it through this i tihnk this drop will be more suitable for lvl 28+ to equip simply because the way i am fixing the monsters, i'll be posting everything shortly about my area the monsters the bosses drop %'s and gold drops and such as i finish writing it up, this is gonna be well thought out and good, so it'll take some time for myself to right it out. plus i am making sample maps for myself and JLh/Pandilex to look at.
Thúg LíFè

#19 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 12:54 AM

[QUOTE]Here's a suggestion - don't waste your time.

It won't get added.

I agree it wont happen. unless u make an area that like for example fighters can only go into or rangers or mages or paladins. a own area for something else not thieves or paccys.(they already have one)

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#20 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 12:55 AM

It won't get added.

I agree it wont happen. unless u make an area that like for example fighters can only go into or rangers or mages or paladins. a own area for something else not thieves or paccys.(they already have one)

o shut up tony

#21 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 12:55 AM

sry accedently posted 2 times

o shut up tony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users