Need Some Help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:32 AM

Wheres the best place to train a full party of adept/expert clerics?
Angry_Anarch/Matityahu in game.

#2 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:34 AM

What counts as a full party here? 4? 10?

If you have four or five, I might recommend the Bone Garden, the Abandoned Tomb or the 2nd floor of the Museum. If you have more, I'd recommend either Corrupt Demons or Torturers in Harabec Dungeon.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#3 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:15 PM

Bone Garden all the way. If you do have 15-20 then you could rape Dungeons. Or you could even just have 3-4 parties of five clerics running around the Bone Garden.

I always just took the time to break it down and have 1 Master/Arch+ Cleric (for CE and heals) and then the 4 little trainees in the Bone Garden.

Bone Garden only allows 5 crits per square, with the exception of major intersection squares, if you're not familiar with it.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#4 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:08 PM

If you are looking to train 20 clerics, you are going to have a great deal of trouble after they get Aid.
No monsters sustain that kind of HP, except for if you go up the the Imhotep area and heal Imperial Mummies as they spawn, but even then---I doubt they'd last really. You'd be looking at:
3 stam * 90 damage * 20 clerics = 5400 damage per round, which is massive.

You are not going to find places that you deal that kind of damage and don't just flow straight through without the whole party hitting, even the Dvengar Stronghold monsters don't have that kind of HP, even Pit Wraiths and Torturers, if you're only considering undead monsters.

You would be killing even bosses too quickly, DG in around 15 rounds (3 minutes-ish) and SK in not much more.

So, what is a full party?
If you are leveling a bunch of clerics, I suggest tiering.

What I did when I did my massive set:
Take all 20 to levels 18-20ish. Select the ones with the stats and best HP that you want to continue, and drop 8 or 12 (I kept a party of 12 clerics to continue training)...12 still kill everything really really fast. I did a lot of it in the Museum.

Took 12 to level 25, then performed another cut. This left me 6 clerics for the Swamp and Gendreas.

Took the remainign 6 to level 29, along with buying a couple of 28s when they were 25s, which became arch while I trained the 6 to level 29. I took a 2-year-ish break here...not real sure why I never arched the lot of them...it seems like it'd be pretty easy.

This method lets you get the best of your clerics (HP wise) while still doing training within reason, if you're looking to level massive sets of clerics.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#5 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:32 PM

Another good place to train Clerics if you have four fairly good ones... Koschei the Deathless!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#6 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:44 AM

Decided im going 2 put them in smaller parties and train in BG

Thanks for the help guys!!!
Angry_Anarch/Matityahu in game.

#7 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:14 AM

At a little bit of a higher level you could probably do some training off teh banshee too...
Apocalypto

#8 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:41 AM

Aet'hol for a large party... maybe not best xp, but its got sustainability.
Si Senior!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users