Photo

Look Please

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think Nightshade Elixir's should be banned from events? (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think Nightshade Elixir's should be banned from events?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 12:11 AM

Okay here goes..

I think Nightshade Elixirs should be banned from events such as Triplex / 1 alt PT, but I have reasons.

1. It's not like Nightshade Elixir's are hard too get, I can get like 6 a day by going on for only 20 minutes :ph34r: .

2. I think that if NS's are used in events it is just like pretty much buying a 'Band of Endurance' for a week, or renting the 'Triplex Amulet' when these things are supposed too be won by using skill or different weapons, not by drinking a pot and having 25 stamina...

3. A reason why I said JUST Nightshades from events is because the other pots which are useful in events like these are either expensive / hard too get, so most people won't waste them on competitive events, but NS Elixir's are easy too get..

If you don't like this suggestion then maybe we should think about making the Armoire drop lower, or making the whole Scarlet Dagger's area harder...

Thank you for your time :(
Disaster ingame.

#2 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:25 AM

Nah, if you remove nightshade elixirs, you have to remove all potions except for advanced healing potions and advanced mana crystals.

I disagree anyway. If you're willing to use them in events, use them. If not, try harder. You can win without them just fine.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#3 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:28 AM

Ban all special pots from events. Win by skill not who brings the most nightshades or vamp pots.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#4 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:34 PM

Another idea, maybe the Nightshade Elixir should be moved too a more difficult place, or just make it that the Mummified Priest is the only monster that drops them ingame.

And Gaddy -- You cannot win against a clicker with lets say 14 nightshade elixirs, its not possible =\

Edit : I also wouldn't mind if the members would like too ban ALL special potions, but as they are harder too obtain and are more expensive I thought they wouldn't matter as much.

Edited by Äññöÿäñcë, 27 January 2006 - 01:36 PM.

Disaster ingame.

#5 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:03 PM

its funny that a member of a clan always posts this when they or a member loses an event due to nightshades. (i have done it before lol)

Don't change Scarlet Daggers. Don't remove them from events. It's the same as equipment; some people are willing to spend 1.8m on rings of astray, others settle for 600k for crystal rings.... should the rings of astray be banned from events? Should cobalts be banned from events because not everyone has one, but there's enough to consider them attainable?
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#6 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:05 PM

Since when were Cobalts as easy too obtain as Nightshades..? Stop talking nuts Mike.
Disaster ingame.

#7 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:45 PM

If nightshades are so easy to obtain, and you want to win events...well the simple answer is to go obtain some and win yourself some events.

Nightshades add skill anyway, because you have to judge when your opponent is least expecting you to use it. I remember the PT I won on Stella, I used 2 in the final against Halor when he was out of stam and got him down to 4hp :(

And I remember Sam losing a mosh a while back due to drinking his vamp pot at the wrong time...it's all good fellas :ph34r:
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#8 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:54 PM

I'm not talking nuts, I'm saying, theres 40 some cobalts in game, should those people be able to use them? It's an unfair advantage at times, isn't it?

deimos the noob said no

#9 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 05:37 PM

Not really, if you want too spend the time making money / selling off most of your account too get one weapon then you go do that, its not like you have too spend stupid amounts of time too get a few Nightshade Elixir's is it...

Edit : Sorry JLH / Trevayne, this thread has literally turned into an argument and it's obvious its not going too work so please lock / delete this thread.

Edited by Äññöÿäñcë, 27 January 2006 - 05:45 PM.

Disaster ingame.

#10 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:04 PM

It's not an argument, you just proved my point.

If you want to go to the areas that have Nightshade's as a drop, go ahead.

Same as selling most of your account to buy a cobalt. It's your decision. I say if someone wants to even spend 1m on a jaguar potion and use it in an event, be my guest lol.

deimos the noob said no

#11 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:37 PM

This isn't an argument? lol?

All i'm saying is that there is no point in having the event if its just going too be made into a special potion fest..

Edited by Äññöÿäñcë, 27 January 2006 - 07:40 PM.

Disaster ingame.

#12 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:57 PM

i'd agree with you if helm of invincibility was the prize, but its a bracelet lol with +1 str.

deimos the noob said no

#13 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:07 PM

I'm not talking about just 1 alt PT, i'm talking about Triplex / Champs belt mosh too.
Disaster ingame.

#14 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:02 PM

I don't think they should be totally removed from events. I think maybe the number you bring in should in some way be restricted if that is at all possible.

If say there was a saaaay two special pot limit, when you use these pots would have to be skilled timing and you would want to not use until you have to, and try to make it to finals with them still in invent.

The hard part would be monitoring how many special pots are taken in by each person though.... May not be perfect but I have to agree the ammount of nightshades that have been taken into events lately is kind of silly and overkill, like a fox wearing a dynamic clown outfit.

Edited by Thunderja, 27 January 2006 - 10:03 PM.

I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#15 Issy

Issy
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:54 AM

You all seem to complain when you lose. Get over it, maybe you should get some of those pots and try to win.
And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

#16 Guest_Spine_*

Guest_Spine_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:59 AM

I vote ban all special pots

#17 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 07:10 AM

And Gaddy -- You cannot win against a clicker with lets say 14 nightshade elixirs, its not possible =\

I'll prove you wrong if you'd like, but it has to be specific types of crits.
However, if someone used 14 nightshades on a crit..well, isn't that just pathetic and using up ALL of an inventory---would probably have to be in their first round of an event, would suck.

However, it is possible...for me, maybe you can't, but you should be able to...

I've got no problem with dis-allowing any out-side pots---simply make everyone come in without any pots/mana on them and they can shop.
But to ban Nightshades and allow ANYTHING else from outside is un-fair.
Also, Nightshades do not need to be moved. I don't see people actually getting them THAT often in SDG, and other drops of Nightshades tend to be difficult and the players use them in normal game-play---like me.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#18 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 07:12 AM

Main point I can make about this-

If ANY potions are banned, dis-allow people entering with anything in their inventories. Force everyone to use the potions provided at the shop of the event.
This is obviously not for moshes, where nothing should or would be banned, and there are not shops.

#19 Guest_Spine_*

Guest_Spine_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2006 - 07:21 AM

There is no problem with mana and healing pots, the problem comes from when there is one guy who has a giant advantage over another. Yes, you have the opportunity to get those pots, but it would be much easier, and it would even out the playing field letting the better players win.

#20 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 07:13 PM

u people are SAD nightshades are mooseing 7.5k gold ANY1 can get them EZ

and david once bought in 10 nightshades and lost btw

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#21 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:58 AM

There is no problem with mana and healing pots, the problem comes from when there is one guy who has a giant advantage over another. Yes, you have the opportunity to get those pots, but it would be much easier, and it would even out the playing field letting the better players win.

A player with a cobalt has a large advantage over a player with a halberd. Everyone has got the oppurtunity to get a cobalt.

Dont ban them from events.
Jared hit me in the 1 alt pt final this past week with a nightshade elixir, and I still ended up beating him. Its not impossible to beat someone with a nightshade.

Edited by Eamon, 30 January 2006 - 01:59 AM.

#22 Guest_Spine_*

Guest_Spine_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2006 - 02:26 AM

Temporary advantages and permanent advantages like weapons aren't exactly comparable in this discussion, find a new model.

#23 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:47 AM

Wouldn't a perm advantage be much better than a temp one?
It's just that you don't want to hear what he's saying.

#24 Guest_Spine_*

Guest_Spine_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:02 AM

The point I made was there is a difference, it doesn't make a good comparison. I wasn't trying to say which one is a better advantage, I can understand him just fine, obviously you're the one who doesn't hear I'm saying.

With the potions you have some players who have a big advantage with the pots who use and gather these pots purely for the mosh. It's fair and everything with the current rules, but it would be much easier, and more of a test in skill, then a test in who gethered more pots, with a ban on all special potions.

Edited by Spine, 30 January 2006 - 05:03 AM.

#25 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:40 PM

The point I made was there is a difference, it doesn't make a good comparison. I wasn't trying to say which one is a better advantage, I can understand him just fine, obviously you're the one who doesn't hear I'm saying.

With the potions you have some players who have a big advantage with the pots who use and gather these pots purely for the mosh. It's fair and everything with the current rules, but it would be much easier, and more of a test in skill, then a test in who gethered more pots, with a ban on all special potions.

Yes there is a difference. But what is the difference?

A nightshade is used one time, sure it gives an advantage to a person that has one when the other person doesnt.

Solution: If you think you might have to fight a person in a tournament/triplex that might be using nightshades, BRING YOUR OWN.

A cobalt is permanent. It gives you hp back as youre fighting. That is a slower, but much longer lasting advantage, and a larger advantage, in a 1v1 or a 3v3 duel.

Solution: Get off your lazy behind, train, make gold, and buy one.

Why ban special potions from events? They can be bought in shops, off the site, gotten by killing monsters, ANYONE who wants them can get them. Someone uses nightshades and kills you in a mosh/pt/triplex, and whats your reactions? You cry.

Get over it.

#26 Guest_Spine_*

Guest_Spine_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:01 PM

I think it's kind of funny you assume I go into moshes without the pots.
I'm not arguing this from a pov of a guy who keeps getting his ass handed to him with the pots, I'm probably in the most unbiased place possible. You on the other hand abuse the pot to death in the moshes beating everyone else who doesn't use them. It is pretty obvious who has the clearer point of veiw. You want to keep them because you get a better chance to win events with them. I want to lose them for cleaner easier gameplay.

I'm done arguing though, this isn't going to effect anything, and no changes will be made, it is just too minor, I've gotten my point and cast my vote. Go tell all your friends you won the internet, I'll be sending you a trophy in the mail sometime soon, be expecting it.

#27 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 05:02 AM

I say that is a load of bollucks.
1. I've never heard of you in game; I don't think you're some mosh genie.
2. I go into moshes all the time; I don't see that many special pots used.
3. I go into moshes without pots/mana half the time, and tend to be in the last 4-8 players left, win on occasion.

Moshes are not the point here; the person is upset over the events like Triplex and 1-alt PT. Which are once a week, so I don't see why, if they are so simple to collect, the whiner doesn't just got fetch some.

#28 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:40 PM

This is just a small point, and it also may not represent my opinion, but:

Gaddy, you complain that new players don't hang around becuase of xyz (well maybe not you but blah anyway).

Then, when a new player DARES to voice an opinion and air their views on a certain subject in a fairly intelligent manner, you immediately disregard what they say because you have "never heard of them".

Anyway, this isn't a flame, just an observation, it doesn't mean I don't like you lol. Just maybe if everyone was nicer to newbies they might stay.

On a side note, /p Chiquita when you get to level 20 please Spine :(

PS. Special pots make things fun, don't ban please :ph34r:

#29 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 10:54 PM

I think it's kind of funny you assume I go into moshes without the pots.
I'm not arguing this from a pov of a guy who keeps getting his ass handed to him with the pots, I'm probably in the most unbiased place possible. You on the other hand abuse the pot to death in the moshes beating everyone else who doesn't use them. It is pretty obvious who has the clearer point of veiw. You want to keep them because you get a better chance to win events with them. I want to lose them for cleaner easier gameplay.

I'm done arguing though, this isn't going to effect anything, and no changes will be made, it is just too minor, I've gotten my point and cast my vote. Go tell all your friends you won the internet, I'll be sending you a trophy in the mail sometime soon, be expecting it.

OMG, Jared got a scroll of devestate, and I cant get one, he has an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE.

Rofl

Other people have advantages that I can not compare to. I can not go out and get my own scroll of devestate unless I have what, 500 mil gold?

Yet anyone can get nightshades, why moan about something anyone can get, at anytime, when there are people with questies and the like that are not available anywhere?

Sure, if I didnt bring nightshades into events from time to time, I wouldnt win as often as I have, but I have lost events because I didnt bring in nightshades, and other people have.

I think I am in a pretty un-biased position, as I have been on the giving and the receiving end of the potions.

Do you even know how to get them?

Edited by Eamon, 31 January 2006 - 10:55 PM.

#30 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:02 AM

I think people should learn how to spell devastate. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users