Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 11:31 PM

Here is why Zerkers are not overpowered

Zerker = 21 xx 18 21 18 17
Pally = 18 16 21 18 18 18 286 hp 104 armor
with mods pally has 18 16 27 18 18 18 104 armor

Evade berserked at you from his Cobalt Staff of the Winds, but missed.
Evade berserked at you from his Cobalt Staff of the Winds for 90 points of damage.
Evade berserked at you from his Cobalt Staff of the Winds for 53 points of damage.
Evade berserked at you from his Cobalt Staff of the Winds for 87 points of damage.
Evade berserked at you from his Cobalt Staff of the Winds for 60 points of damage. Killing you.

Evade berserked at you from his Cobalt Staff of the Winds for 88 points of damage.
Evade berserked at you from his Cobalt Staff of the Winds for 75 points of damage.
Evade berserked at you from his Cobalt Staff of the Winds for 60 points of damage.
Evade berserked at you from his Cobalt Staff of the Winds for 56 points of damage.
Evade berserked at you from his Cobalt Staff of the Winds for 60 points of damage. Killing you.

Evade berserked at you from his Cobalt Staff of the Winds for 92 points of damage.
Evade berserked at you from his Cobalt Staff of the Winds for 85 points of damage.
Evade berserked at you from his Cobalt Staff of the Winds for 70 points of damage.
Evade berserked at you from his Cobalt Staff of the Winds for 58 points of damage. Killing you.

another 1 I got rounded but couldent log

only times I didnt get rounded

Evade berserked at you from his Cobalt Staff of the Winds for 46 points of damage.
Evade berserked at you from his Cobalt Staff of the Winds for 52 points of damage.
Evade berserked at you from his Cobalt Staff of the Winds for 72 points of damage.
Evade berserked at you from his Cobalt Staff of the Winds for 37 points of damage.

Evade berserked at you from his Cobalt Staff of the Winds for 90 points of damage.
Evade berserked at you from his Cobalt Staff of the Winds for 73 points of damage.
Evade berserked at you from his Cobalt Staff of the Winds for 43 points of damage.

and there was another 1 I couldent log because scrolling that left me at 30 hp

csotw = only 1 more base then adament which can be bought in shops so not alot of fire power diffrence

also bot is only about 2.5ish and since zerkers dont have to worry about aoh/aolp crs/roas and such its fairly easy to get one

thats 29 base

to csotws 27

hell with bot you can round stuff with only 3 stam

you claim they arent over powered ? infact I know your a newb and havnt even owned one so you dont even deserve a openion

with gov 100% full eq on saito I couldent break a 50 spelled on something with 100% full armor zerkers hit 2-3x that PLAYER VS PLAYER yes thats right

Edited by Rappy_Ninja, 14 July 2004 - 11:41 PM.

Page/Memo Beatrix

#32 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 10:41 AM

Okay, do the same thing to a fighter that you did with a zerker and tell me what happens. (Same weapon, no equip mods). Btw, I've had an arch zerker before, he was fairly strong, and beat all my other crits when and only when spelled, but when I didn't spell him, he lost everytime, anyone who has a lvl 22 cleric and an arch zerker (how many people have arch zerkers? Not alot) should win many duels, but you have atleast 2 arches, then you can take out one zerker. If he has a cleric, bring one yourself, if your pking you should have a lvl 18+ cleric.

Edit: Stuff

Edited by Ryuku, 15 July 2004 - 10:46 AM.

#33 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:17 PM

Okay, do the same thing to a fighter that you did with a zerker and tell me what happens. (Same weapon, no equip mods). Btw, I've had an arch zerker before, he was fairly strong, and beat all my other crits when and only when spelled, but when I didn't spell him, he lost everytime, anyone who has a lvl 22 cleric and an arch zerker (how many people have arch zerkers? Not alot) should win many duels, but you have atleast 2 arches, then you can take out one zerker. If he has a cleric, bring one yourself, if your pking you should have a lvl 18+ cleric.

Edit: Stuff

the whole point is EVERYONE who owns a arch zerker has a 22 cleric meaning EVERYONE who has a arch zerker can round anything right off

this game shouldent be 1 big clicking war the fights should take skill
Page/Memo Beatrix

#34 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 04:59 PM

If you think zerkers are so overpowered, go and make some and acually win some duels for once Rappy.

#35 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 10:05 AM

Dont use a spelled arch zerk if you have a problem with them being "overpowered" its that simple get over it....
Aequitas In-Game

#36 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 02:20 PM

how about you stfu ? I have alot of proof that they are
Page/Memo Beatrix

#37 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 03:56 AM

I don't have much experience with arches, except on the recieving end.

But I know that my level 23 fighter can own any zerker levels 13-25.

Anyway, zerkers miss more than any other class.

Here's my noobie perception.

Cleric + Ranger vs. Cleric+Berserker (all arched and spelled)

Ranger hypno's zerker and rapids the cleric.
Cleric cast divine light and uses a heal macro to heal the ranger as he gets hit.

Zerker, with both hypno and divine light on, will miss horribly.
Cleric heals himself and perhaps does divine light.

Ranger rapids the enemy cleric, probably damaging it horribly.
Cleric heals everybody and, if he has extra stamina, will attack the enemy cleric.

By this time, the enemy cleric might be dead, if not, another few rounds with the zerker missing horribly will take care of it.

Hypno+div. light+zerker hitting rate = no threat. (maybe add RF into there, you still get low hit rates)

I think two paladins might also defeat a berserker and a cleric, for they'd have a ridiculously high dexterity with spells, and aren't bad at fighting.

As fate would have it, maybe a zerker would one round somebody, live with it.

Anyway, any arch zerker would be at mortally it he attempted to berserk my level 26 (my highest level).

#38 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 04:03 AM

/t rappy I didn't notice that you used a Paladin to duel the zerker, they suck, and dex doesn't affect them alot, no matter how much they have, they will get hit alot, use a ranger (if you have one, highly doubtable).

#39 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 04:28 PM

Rangers are almost the same as berserkers, it's just they
1. hit (alot) more.

2. Have ARMOR!!!

3 don't have the strength.

4 don't have the stamina

with like... 27 dexterity (with bracelet and amulet and RF), and if the zerker is hypnoed and div. lighted. The ranger will almost surely win. The clerics have their holy might, and can lots of dexterity too. and they both have ARMOUR.

The berserker might round the cleric, but the ranger can round the other cleric.

After that, the zerker will probably miss the ranger horribly, and be killed by the ranger. Still, there is a chance the zerker will round the ranger, however it is small. The ranger will do twice as much damage each round, and the berserker will... be... dead.

#40 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 04:35 PM

/t rappy I didn't notice that you used a Paladin to duel the zerker, they suck, and dex doesn't affect them alot, no matter how much they have, they will get hit alot, use a ranger (if you have one, highly doubtable).

I used to have 12 arch rangers only have 1 now but trust me I have used arch rangers before

also if you think pallies suck get ANYONE to duel me 1v1 (yes even druids with hawk talon) and I will more then probs win
Page/Memo Beatrix

#41 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 05:31 PM

Key word there rappy, 1on1. They stink otherwise.

#42 Starflamer

Starflamer
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 03:05 PM

Here is why Zerkers are not overpowered, a fighter with all spells is almost as deadly as a zerker

with like... 27 dexterity (with bracelet and amulet and RF), and if the zerker is hypnoed and div. lighted. The ranger will almost surely win.  .....  Still, there is a chance the zerker will round the ranger

Hmmm... so.. Fighters are ALMOST as good as zerks if you spell them up.. but still stand little chance.

And if a completely fitted ranger and a cleric both manage to get out their respective spells before the zerk can click one button, then they will ALMOST surely win, but there is also a chance that the zerker will win in two rounds..

Nah, they're not over-powered..

At least they're hard to train.. oh, wait..

#43 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 03:22 PM

point proved remove em
Page/Memo Beatrix

#44 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 09:37 PM

Dont use a spelled arch zerk if you have a problem with them being "overpowered" its that simple get over it....

what difference would that make? just because rappy doesn't use one, that won't stop everyone else in the game from not using one, will it?

the only people that seem to think that zerkers aren't over powered are noobs. i don't often use that word, but it's true. looking at this thread i havent seen ONE person whos good say they aren't overpowered.

#45 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 08:11 AM

The point about Rappy not using them is because he doesn't support them and he thinks they are a really terrible addition to the game. Now, instead of promoting what he think is really terrible and degrading to the world of Nightmist, he chooses not to use them like everyone else who thinks clicking things is cool.

The more of this stuff I read, the more I think this game is going downhill.

Westcoast

#46 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 10:07 PM

A spelled cleric can quite easily resist a spelled zerk... spelled rangers/fighters/druids/mages hardly get rounded either

Saying that a SPELLED zerk can round an UNSPELLED crit is an unfair comparison... a decent spelled fighter or ranger can round most unspelled crits too

just logged my zerk and cleric for a quick test round (both fully spelled)

You cast Enhance on Rachaelsbane to increase her strength temporarily.
Joanna cast Righteous Fury on you, increasing your strength and chance to hit.
You cast Righteous Fury on Joanna, Rachaelsbane, increasing their strength and chance to hit.
You cast Holy Might on yourself, increasing some of your stats.
Joanna cast Almighty Retribution on you, increasing your armor.
You cast Almighty Retribution on Joanna, Rachaelsbane, increasing their armor.
You are too exhausted at the moment.
You cast Call upon Deity on yourself, increasing your armor and reducing damage.
Rachaelsbane berserked at you from her Adamant Warhammer for 48 points of damage.
Rachaelsbane berserked at you from her Adamant Warhammer for 40 points of damage.
Rachaelsbane berserked at you from her Adamant Warhammer for 48 points of damage.
Rachaelsbane berserked at you from her Adamant Warhammer for 40 points of damage.
Rachaelsbane berserked at you from her Adamant Warhammer for 37 points of damage.
Rachaelsbane berserked at you from her Adamant Warhammer for 41 points of damage.
Righteous Fury has worn off, your strength has returned to normal.

most rounds the zerk misses 3-4 hits.... thats a 6/6 round and the cleric still had 40hp left

#47 »Ðrøwñëd Iñ Çømplìçàtìøñ«

»Ðrøwñëd Iñ Çømplìçàtìøñ«
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 04:29 PM

HEy rappy Want SOme cheese with that WHine?

Just because you dont like something doesnt mean it has toi change.

All the classes are equally balanced,

Nothing needs to change except you crying in the corner..

#48 Sarven

Sarven
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 04:45 PM

Why the moose do you keep bumping old topics?
Ride Into The Shadows

#49 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:50 PM

Why the moose do you keep bumping old topics?

Why do you feel a need to point it out everytime someone does?
ass, cretin, dimwit, dumb ass, dunce, fool, halfwit, ignoramus, imbecile, jackass, jerk, moron, ninny, nitwit, pinhead, simpleton, stupid, twit, Idiot

#50 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:54 PM

what about the zerk that misses 6 times in a row? do we post that? no.
I fight with may arch zerk and a cobalt. Ive duel 1-1 vrs rangers 10-12 times and I can remember 4 times that it missed all in the first round. and ive won every duel that it hit at least 3 times in first round. still what other class would miss 6 times in a row? enough said.

And only other class with 6 stam would be a Fighter? Correct me if I'm wrong.
ass, cretin, dimwit, dumb ass, dunce, fool, halfwit, ignoramus, imbecile, jackass, jerk, moron, ninny, nitwit, pinhead, simpleton, stupid, twit, Idiot

#51 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:05 AM

this string is gay and cry :P ^_^ :)
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#52 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:39 AM

agreed.......i mean cmon rappy you know a spelled ranger can hit for 100+ ez throughout a round and they are using a weapon most times with like 22 bd some get over it
Overthrow/Redemption - 1a

Existance - Main

#53 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 12:50 PM

agreed.......i mean cmon rappy you know a spelled ranger can hit for 100+ ez throughout a round and they are using a weapon most times with like 22 bd some get over it

one diffrence every maybe 100 rounds a ranger will 5/5 another archie crit and drop him with all spells or enhance but only if he hits for max which happens in about 1/200 rounds

a zerker rounds a crit 1/5 with spells on and often times doing 80 or sometimes even more damage over their max life with stamina to spare

did you know that 1 zerk with a bot has the damage output on bosses of about 3-4 arch rangers ? umm... yeah
Page/Memo Beatrix

#54 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 03:04 AM

Ok really what kinda of crappy arch rangers do you have lol????? How can you say such idiotic crap...i tell you what....line up one of your arches and let me hance/rf a ranger and lets see how many times out of 200 it gets dropped. Sure there are exceptions but i Mean cmon....1/200? get real. And honestly whether outside of town or in petes I cant how many times I get to laugh at people cause they zerk with a full 6 stam round w/ a bot, or hally, or addy and miss all six hits, sometimes even twice in the same battle.....Zerks are strong but they are NOT overpowerd...they have strengths/weaknesses just like any other crit...the problem is being smart enough to drop them....same with mages etc etc....sometimes it takes more than just random clicking to drop things.....and YES as much as you hate it and cry about how you dont have the right equips...maybe thats your prob. quit being a cheap arse, and go buy some freaking bot's cr's roa's whatever in the hell you need and maybe you wont get rounded so much and come to the zerk disscusion forum and CRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy

Edited by Shaginator, 22 June 2005 - 03:10 AM.

Overthrow/Redemption - 1a

Existance - Main

#55 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 04:41 PM

Ok really what kinda of crappy arch rangers do you have lol????? How can you say such idiotic crap...i tell you what....line up one of your arches and let me hance/rf a ranger and lets see how many times out of 200 it gets dropped. Sure there are exceptions but i Mean cmon....1/200? get real. And honestly whether outside of town or in petes I cant how many times I get to laugh at people cause they zerk with a full 6 stam round w/ a bot, or hally, or addy and miss all six hits, sometimes even twice in the same battle.....Zerks are strong but they are NOT overpowerd...they have strengths/weaknesses just like any other crit...the problem is being smart enough to drop them....same with mages etc etc....sometimes it takes more than just random clicking to drop things.....and YES as much as you hate it and cry about how you dont have the right equips...maybe thats your prob. quit being a cheap arse, and go buy some freaking bot's cr's roa's whatever in the hell you need and maybe you wont get rounded so much and come to the zerk disscusion forum and CRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy

any time you want I will take you up on your deal btw all rounds posted in this topic are with 100% full eq so I would shut up before you start to look pretty stupid

and this topic proves my point even more now because bots are a mere 1.2mil or around there

also let me correct myself when it comes down to 3v3 and you arent hitting 17 con human rangers its actually hard to round crits when they have 130+ ac and your useing a ranger zerkers on the other hand hit for 100+ still quite easily

Edited by Rappy_Ninja, 22 June 2005 - 04:47 PM.

Page/Memo Beatrix

#56 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 05:57 PM

My arch dwarf cleric (321hp) with normal arch equip + 4 CRs has been rounded by rangers plenty in duels. My druids are also rounded more than I'd like by rangers.
So I'd say rangers do just about as annoying of damage as zerks in PvP. Make all the claims you want, rangers round stuff plenty with fulls spells.
Zerkers may round things too often, but so do rangers.

Rappy made a post with a valid point---zerks round things quite often with spells on. It is annoying, and MAYBE it should be changed.
It doesn't mean he needs to be flamed by every Tom, turnip, and Hairy that've got an arch zerk or 8 and don't want to be less powerful.

However, Rappy- Some of the stuff you posted is bullnuts. You twist too much information, and it makes you look like you're just completely lying and whining.
1. Rangers round things plenty, and you pretend to know so much about them just because you duel once in a while.
2. BoTs cost around 1.5m still.
3. Crits only have 130ac if they've got armor spells on, in which case they're casting spells against the spells you've casted on your rangers. I can have a zerk do a few rounds at a crit with armor spells without having a single hit deal more than 50 damage.
4. Zerks deal the damage of 3-4 rangers? That's just stupid to even consider claiming.

As a note- I'm not doing this for anyone's benefit. I'm training a pally by hit and running torts with CE on a cleric, and I've got spare time waiting for full stam, but not time to do much of anything but look around forums...boredom.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#57 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 04:35 PM

My arch dwarf cleric (321hp) with normal arch equip + 4 CRs has been rounded by rangers plenty in duels. My druids are also rounded more than I'd like by rangers.
So I'd say rangers do just about as annoying of damage as zerks in PvP. Make all the claims you want, rangers round stuff plenty with fulls spells.
Zerkers may round things too often, but so do rangers.

Rappy made a post with a valid point---zerks round things quite often with spells on. It is annoying, and MAYBE it should be changed.
It doesn't mean he needs to be flamed by every Tom, turnip, and Hairy that've got an arch zerk or 8 and don't want to be less powerful.

However, Rappy- Some of the stuff you posted is bullnuts. You twist too much information, and it makes you look like you're just completely lying and whining.
1. Rangers round things plenty, and you pretend to know so much about them just because you duel once in a while.
2. BoTs cost around 1.5m still.
3. Crits only have 130ac if they've got armor spells on, in which case they're casting spells against the spells you've casted on your rangers. I can have a zerk do a few rounds at a crit with armor spells without having a single hit deal more than 50 damage.
4. Zerks deal the damage of 3-4 rangers? That's just stupid to even consider claiming.

As a note- I'm not doing this for anyone's benefit. I'm training a pally by hit and running torts with CE on a cleric, and I've got spare time waiting for full stam, but not time to do much of anything but look around forums...boredom.

1. 2 rangers cleric vs 2 rangers cleric old school duels how often does one ranger 5/5 and round another ranger that has full eq or armor spells ? nearly never

2. as stated before zerkers dont need crs sgs or aohs all they need is a weapon which is very easy to get

3. in 3v3s you have armor spells on meaning rangers even have less chance of 5/5 and rounding someone zerks on the other hand can hit only 3-4 stamina and still round a fully eq and spelled crit

4. try it some time rangers hit for about 50-70 pvp average stam zerkers with bot hit usally about 100 per stam at the VERY least they average doing damage of 2 and a half rangers
Page/Memo Beatrix

#58 £eg‡on_of_Våmp‡re§

£eg‡on_of_Våmp‡re§
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 01:57 AM

I don't really mind seeing 2 6 stam classes in game, making them miss more would make them a bit harder to train...they are easy as hell, dont even go on about them missing all the time, you swamp them to 26 in a couple of days and then they can go anywhere any other class can go.
I'd say make them miss a bit more (not a lot, just a bit) and have them hit for a bit less, or simply make it so that they cannot have RF casted on them.

They can still round things without RF.
They will still hit for plenty no matter what.
They would then still have 6 stamina.
They would also still have over 500hp.
Along with all of that, they'd be just peachy and wouldn't become anywhere near underpowered.

Making it so they do not get RF would make sense to me, suggest that they cannot get righteous fury because they are savage beastly people and do not have a sense of rightousness, or simply don't explain it and say "they are too strong with this spell, so they don't get it" "why? what basis do you have to say that they dont get it?" "i am magic."

Wow, take what I was going to suggest and toss it. *Claps* some great idea's are offered here, Hope to see em implemented , especially since 'zerker' domination has now been indisputable since reset.

#59 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 06:38 PM

this topic is a year old
Page/Memo Beatrix

#60 Sublime

Sublime
  • Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 04:41 PM