Dwarf Or Human?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Aktar

Aktar
  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:56 PM

I have heard a lot of buzz about which plays better, what do you guys think. i heard humans win against dwarfs 1v1, is this the case versus most classes? feedback plxz!

#2 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:28 AM

Humans hit more often then dwarfs. Therefore a human will usually hit a dwarf more then the dwarf hits the human. Eventhough the dwarf has more str it doesnt make up for the 2ish extra hits the human gets. However, some people say -1dex is worth the +2str and +2 con. Zerks vs most other classes (especially those which stack dex) miss ALOT. So it comes down to trying to "click" the character. In this case I believe the dwarf wins, just like dwarf thieves vs ling thieves.
Freek ingame.

#3 professional

professional
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:30 AM

for main go dwarf, its more about pvm these days and dwarves are better

for 1alt i have no idea since i dont play, but even from the days when main had a lot of pvp i always liked dwarves more since more often than not you have rf on so 1 dex doesnt make a diff you want the power and the 30+ hp also helps

#4 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:12 AM

Human all the way
Angry_Anarch/Matityahu in game.

#5 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:05 AM

Helf FTW! :P

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#6 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:09 PM

Dwarf if you like damage.
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#7 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:07 AM

There are good sides to both, and it also matters which server you are playing, how many you want to use, what you want to do, and which weapon you put on.
However, overall, I think at level 33+, you see more balance in hitting consistency. There won't be a large difference in damage either. Even HP isn't vastly different.

So it actually doesn't make a big deal. Class is much more important than race here, along with level. However, humans do get the experience bonus of 5%. That is always nice.

PS- I use 3 human berserkers in my main party, but I decided on that before 31+ came out. I've got a decent set of 30-32 of multiple races, and there isn't a noticable difference when they are in a large group...just a ton of damage and healing.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#8 Aktar

Aktar
  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:59 AM

hmm i see, thank your for your input friends. I was refering to the 1A server also, PVM v PVP?

#9 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:26 PM

PVM - Humans (hit more often and +5% exp is nice)
PVP - Toss up IMO. Dwarves have a better chance of actually "clicking" humans. Humans +1dex helps a little bit. Like I said, toss up.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#10 Jumpsteady

Jumpsteady
  • Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:29 PM

I have dealt with zerks on both servers higher lvls... With the levels going up higher on 1alt I beleive now dwarves are better. I always hear "how did shamu click me? I am a ling... So going by that and my experience with both dwarf and human zerks and the poer zerks have with a cleric on main I say dwarf. But I must also say the overall winner would be luck too... H-Elfs are just mini zerks... they dont count in this contest...

#11 tehbirr

tehbirr
  • Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:08 PM

human all around
teh primex... lullaby on main - devour on 1alt

#12 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:27 AM

(On main)

I have high level humans and dwarfs and in terms of pvm, it doesn't make a difference as they both gain exp at the same rate overall(I.e. they are outputting the same damage). As for pvp it doesn't make any difference either as it is more about speed than the actual character as both have more than enough damage to take out pretty much anything when spelled.

Edited by Prophet, 09 April 2010 - 07:29 AM.

Si Senior!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users