• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 07:12 PM

When a berserker goes into a rage, he/she should loose all sense of self - no pain, no remorse, no mercy.

Because of this, I think all Berserker HP should be reduced by 50 and, when Rage is casted, increased 150 (temporarily). If ever the berserker takes off rage, the maximum HP (and the current) is reduced by 150 (meaning a berserker can drop dead if they leave their rage stage too soon). This would represent the berserker's high tolerance/disregard of pain and also the coming back of said pain once their rage is over.

(I'll also point out that this means newer berserkers cannot reach their rage state until later in their careers)

In the rage state, all damage it deals should be increased by (level/2) damage (which is a huge increase).

Attacks cannot be directed. As soon as stamina is regained, the berserker will hit any hostile beings (blue or red but not green) at random.

Berserkers are mute in general chat while in rage.

When a berserker tries to get out of rage, it takes 10 seconds (the time it takes to get new stamina) before everything reverts to normal.

A berserker wouldn't suffer any kind of dexterity hinderance while in rage.
Posted Image

#2 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 09:21 PM

sorry squee but not supported
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#3 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 10:04 PM

Come on Big T, if you dislike something, say why and maybe try suggesting something to help dev.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#4 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 11:04 PM

i dont support it being added to game or changed to alter it i dont think rage needs to be changed in the first place so i just said not supported
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#5 dec

dec
  • Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 11:10 PM

i really like this it would give rage a better use, plus without the loss of dex my half orc can use it :unsure:

supported
Roses are red
Violets are blue
In Soviet Russia
Poem write you!

Belzabar in-game

#6 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 08:57 PM

Supported

Almost no one uses rage much anymore, this would make the skill used more often.
Aequitas In-Game

#7 Bun

Bun
  • Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 11:54 PM

hang on a sec your plan on give a zerk an extra 150hp? your insane
Santa

I never went to asia this year i fly by and gave them a big wave.

#8 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 12:25 AM

Yeah, temporarily. Once rage is gone, their max HP is reduced by 150 and so is their current HP (essentially, they take 150 damage)

I also deleted it out but thinking about it, while in Rage, berserkers shouldn't be able to use items (their body just wouldn't be able stop and uncork a potion then continue on in their fury)

Also, they should be running around, trying to cleave anything they can find in two. But since that'd be difficult to code, they should just move as if they were drunk.
Posted Image

#9 Tom

Tom
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 02:20 AM

ok heres my point about this, we have 10+ arch zerks whats to stop me spelling them up and then putting rage on and simply walkin everywhere with my cleric and having my 10+ zerkers hitting enemys automatically.
Feck Off

#10 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 02:43 AM

...I guess nothing, really. =\

Blah. >_<
Posted Image

#11 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 06:39 AM

Isn't this the same class that we had 279 threads on saying they were already over powered? :unsure:
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#12 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 08:10 PM

It would add more roleplay to the game, which I am always for, but it seems kind of complex, but I support.

#13 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:16 PM

not supported
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#14 Lifeless Void

Lifeless Void
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 06:00 PM

I'd say this world work in NM2 if that ever happens, and if its one crit at a time, but for the now-a-days Nm, nah!
How the hell would I know?

#15 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 11:07 PM

In addition to Tom's point, you could also just sit at a boss with a few zerkers with cobalts, doing lots of damage.....lol you could go afk, when ya get back you got a nice shiny CR/SWH/BoT etc etc in invent :unsure:

Sorry Squee, no dice on this one lol B)
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#16 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 02:32 AM

or get all your zerks killed due to the paci's running in protecting their clannies with JZ?
ass, cretin, dimwit, dumb ass, dunce, fool, halfwit, ignoramus, imbecile, jackass, jerk, moron, ninny, nitwit, pinhead, simpleton, stupid, twit, Idiot

#17 OniLink

OniLink
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 03:52 AM

Although I do not play Nightmist anymore... As a berserker expert (at least one of them anyway), I support this... If and only if berserkers can hit even allies in random... Considering they do not even think twice in their rage. Berserkers can not process thoughts during rage state, they are prone to killing everything in their path while blinded by anger. So if berserkers were able to hit blue (neutral), red (enemy), and green (allies)... I definitely support this as it prevents a party of 10+ arch zerks with an arch cleric or two healing them. It'd be the duel to the last man standing with 149 hp left. ^_^

#18 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:10 AM

Although I do not play Nightmist anymore... As a berserker expert (at least one of them anyway), I support this... If and only if berserkers can hit even allies in random... Considering they do not even think twice in their rage. Berserkers can not process thoughts during rage state, they are prone to killing everything in their path while blinded by anger. So if berserkers were able to hit blue (neutral), red (enemy), and green (allies)... I definitely support this as it prevents a party of 10+ arch zerks with an arch cleric or two healing them. It'd be the duel to the last man standing with 149 hp left. ^_^

i agree

I support this, with the improvement above orcourse. Makes it a last resort skill.

Edited by Cule, 05 June 2005 - 04:12 AM.

#19 »Ðrøwñëd Iñ Çømplìçàtìøñ«

»Ðrøwñëd Iñ Çømplìçàtìøñ«
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 07:48 AM

ok 1 bad point.. Dwarf berserker uses rage has 520 hp .. he would have 25 str 18 dext and 670hp? ... nothing would touch him then add a couple Ori maniac's in the mix 6 arch berserkers with 600+hp it would cause soo much un needed drama and unwanted Spam on "over powered Zerks..

SO unsupported Plus can you imagine a human berserker with 600 hp?

#20 Venture

Venture
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:34 PM

I'd also like to add if they're in a rage they may also accidentally hit themselves so it should be possible to attack Red, Blue, Green and yourself in rage...

and in the occurance of killing yourself, pk point and death by player point is added (just stating the obvious)

#21 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:55 AM

Over complicated to me.
I like the general idea, but it just seems not to work out very well when it's thought over by other people.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#22 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:39 AM

It is a nice idea, making Berserkers more like berserkers, but in Nightmist's current alt-usage setup, players would be walking around with many Berserkers, as Tom said, and hitting everything at random. It would be out of control.

Another role-play aspect, you can't attack people in cities because the guards are everywhere, but would a Berserker in a rage pay any attention to the fact that guards were present and hence decide not to attack? If a Berserker in a rage does what I think it does (going berserk!) they will probably not stop until something pacifies them.

To get to the point, I have to say I don't support this... not for Nightmist Classic anyway. For Nightmist II - Dark Strata, however, it could work.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#23 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 04:34 AM

Another role-play aspect, you can't attack people in cities because the guards are everywhere, but would a Berserker in a rage pay any attention to the fact that guards were present and hence decide not to attack? If a Berserker in a rage does what I think it does (going berserk!) they will probably not stop until something pacifies them.

Then they "guards" would prevent them from entering? Thus making it so that the skill can't be used in towns?

But yeah the idea is getting out of hand, problems with rage is the same with thieves steal abillity and fire arrow for rangers, Next to useless.
ass, cretin, dimwit, dumb ass, dunce, fool, halfwit, ignoramus, imbecile, jackass, jerk, moron, ninny, nitwit, pinhead, simpleton, stupid, twit, Idiot

#24 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:04 AM

Flaming Arrow
Astinus on 1alt Only

#25 Venture

Venture
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 08:02 AM

To control the abuse of gettin aload of zerkers in one group and hitting everything at random you could make it so that they can't party in rage...

But i agree with Gaddy over complicated

#26 Dealer_Of_Decay

Dealer_Of_Decay
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:43 AM

Ok, the current way the zerkers are set up (dun know much about NMII) it balances out. Using the skills of a zerker cut back their health, rage boosts their strength but hurts their dex (showing their full out attack, just trying to rip everything in to bits), not much more is going to balance that. Everyone made good points on the cons of it, and as to it making the half-orc able to use it? Half-orcs are big and strong, you ever seen a 260 pounds of muscle man run and catch up to a fast 160 pound man? Half-orcs hit hard, but they miss alot. That's there balance. (May not be the best points, but I'm bad with words. Got good reasons behind my words lol.) Oh yea, not meaning to offend anyone either (if I do) )

#27 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 11:30 AM

I agree with Crane, its a great idea just wont work with the multi-alt system.

#28 Yellowcard

Yellowcard
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 04:11 AM

Rage is kinda fun when dualing and both dualists are using it.. adds an interesting twist to dualing zerks for me at least..

not supported

#29 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:57 PM

I agree with Gareth also. I'd say it's a great idea, just not in this situation (NightMist / multi-alt system)

Also, thanks to me, in case some of you didn't see the old topic, NightMist is getting new Rage Pics for next update! :wub: That can increase some people... new pictures always have a good turnout with NightMist.

Not Supported, sry : ;)

Look for the pics in next update! :wub:

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

#30 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 07:47 PM

yeah thanks to tyler we now have constipated looking zerks and toilet humor in nm ;)

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users