/cast Ya Eye's Over This

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 11:25 AM

I copied this from the another part in the forum as i figured it belonged here as well :---

If you God type's or sysop's, (which-ever you prefer), want to change something in relation to the mage class, just to 'tweak' them a little, why not make them a TRUE magical class.

Which if you think about it, that is what they really are, as a mages best offense/defense is magic /casted by self on self and no other.

Unlike the other hybred class's such as druids, rangers and clerics; mages are reliant on magic, a mage has no real physical armor, nor any realistic physical weaponary.

As mages beam is a weapon using magic to focus etc on victim to cause incredible amounts of damage, I suggest mages and only mages, be 'tweaked' to allow their primary magic attack, (ie beam), damage any monster even those that spells cant affect, ie Crystal Giant,

Now before you all inundate me with cry's of but what about 'cleric this' , and 'ranger that', etc, etc, etc, all those other class's are hybred's - not true creatures of magic and only magic, and rely on physic armor and physical weapons as primary defense/offense,

And i'm sure almost all who've leveled from lvl 1-25+ by self on a mage would agree that this would be a tweak on an accepted given, not something new.

So what you all think?

Lowmion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users