Blast To The Past

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 11:22 PM

Ok i've been around for alooong time, longer then 98% of NM and there were zerkers(dont remember what they were called back then). As far as i can remember they wernt half as strong as they are now. Now this question is for staff mostly i guess but what was diff about them back then compared to now? Why didnt they seem as powerful as they do now?

#2 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 11:38 PM

I was under the impression that Berserkers were not added to the game until some time after the reset. The reason? They're not in alphabetical order in the class lists on items, like Pacifists, and they're loosely based on Fighters anyway.

Otherwise... the name Barbarian springs to mind...

Edited by Crane, 13 November 2004 - 11:44 PM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#3 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 02:18 AM

Yeh they were around before the reset, and your right..they were called barbarians

#4 Fire Fly

Fire Fly
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 12:10 PM

Yeh barbarian is correct and they deffinatly were no way near as powerful as the bezerkers we now know and love. The barbarian's were also allowed to equip armor but it wasn't really any good
The liver is evil and it must be punished

#5 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 12:17 PM

i am sorry but wtf are you ppl talking about? barbs were the best class pre reset thank you very much. barb + razor claws was unbeatable.
Even in death my hate will go on

#6 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 02:52 PM

solution 2 get rid of all the crap new armor like roas so fighters are semi good again and can damage people remove pacis and zerkers give thieves a damage raise and we have nm from like 2 years ago
Page/Memo Beatrix

#7 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 04:08 PM

Thieves are deadly enough as it is... and how will removing Rings of Astray make Fighters good again?
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#8 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 06:47 PM

i am sorry but wtf are you ppl talking about? barbs were the best class pre reset thank you very much. barb + razor claws was unbeatable.

I'm talking about how they wernt half as strong back then as they are now..read my first post before you comment, and wondering what changed. It probly comes down to the clerics, no enhance and no RF back then?

Edited by Epic, 14 November 2004 - 06:48 PM.

#9 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 07:36 PM

They are roughly the same as now. Berserk back than is the same as Smite now. Except that it very rarely missed back then, plus used in conjuction with paladins draw upon holy might (str and dex spell) and revive (all their stamina back instantly) which was a very deadly combination. Plus they had stats that trully complemented their traits, and they could also wear armor.

The only reason they seem to make a HUGE difference now is that people use 3/4/5+ berserkers at any one time, and people only really used 1 crit back then. This I believe is the difference you're looking for.
I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#10 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 10:04 PM

yeh i guess the ammt you see running around in packs now is a big part of it, there used to be 20 people that played nightmist now you see people running around with just 20 zerkers... *shrugs*

#11 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 01:29 AM

Thieves are deadly enough as it is... and how will removing Rings of Astray make Fighters good again?

around 2002/2003 there was nowhere near as many crs sgs etc ingame and of course everyone usally used at least one fighter because of it lets see in the past year how much ac has been added

4 rings of astray... 4 more armor then old hades amulet... 5 ac instead of old 2 vindicator boots
4-5 ac I believe ? so in all your average arch has around 12 more ac then he would in say 2003 and to top it off not only is there alot more ac items they are easier to get and loads more crs sgs etc ingame now

meaning so many new ac items have been added that most fighters unless very good are a living joke

Edited by Rappy_Ninja, 15 November 2004 - 01:30 AM.

Page/Memo Beatrix

#12 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 03:06 AM

Amulet of the Lich used to be 8ac; so that's a bit of a cut on the armor for ammy if you think about it.

I've heard of barbs from back pre-reset and the razor claws from sslix or whatever the thing was....Apperently they were really good.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#13 Zeppelin

Zeppelin
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 04:08 PM

I wasn't around for the past

#14 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 08:03 PM

I wasn't around for the past

Then why bother posting?

Gaddy, I thought the Amulet of Lich only had 8ac for a very short time (after first drop), after the first one was sold, it was lowered pretty quick.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#15 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 10:37 PM

Yeah, barbarians pre reset were amazing. I think it was greek elf who was training on the Gorgon Beast (high level boss monster) at level 29, and he ended up accidently killing it... on his own... Doing 2000+ damage each berserk is quite nasty :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users