Staff

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 HellsAngel

HellsAngel
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:12 AM

Ok as we all know we need new sections in NM, and posably new EQ. One thing i hear a lot is we dont have enough members to wory with new section, and they need to work on other stuff that is more active.I understand this. And first and formost i want to thank the staff for what they have done by working on the lvl 30+ stuff. Also i do not know what staff may have planed for in the future.
But one thing i would like to say is that if we dont have any new sections then we cant keep the players that we do have Let alone bring in more players due to when they come thier is no one for them to enjoy the game with, so they leave after lvl 5.

This is what i propose. We need more Staff for NM that will work on just NM to give the other staff a little break to were they can handle the other things they need to do. I will say that I would like to be one of these new staff and that if i am able to get it i would be putting my mortal crits away and be spending my time working on new sections for main & 1-alt in order to make the game more enjoy able for everyone. I bleave tietsu has a great idea for a section and i would be more than happy to put it in place,as well as anyone elses ideas.I think player ideas are the best cuz it keeps the players happy and having fun as long as it stays stable with the game. I dont know what other staff get for what they do, but im putting it out that im asking for nothing in return i just want to have fun and see my fellow NM players having fun. I love wrighting and creating my own stuff so this spot would fit me fine.

Now i dont want to turn this post in to a fight. So plz keep the replies to ether yes on a vote for me to become a staff, who you would like to become a staff, or if u would even like anymore staff. Also im not putting it just for one person to become a staff. i think we could use at least 2 or 3 more. Or as current staff sees fit.

Once again this is not to bash the current staff. I have been a member for over 2 years and beleave yall have done a great job. I just want to find a way to give yall a break and get more ppl to NM.

Thx ~Hells_Angel~ (1-alt)

#2 Seshiro

Seshiro
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:19 AM

Supported. I believe you would make a good staff and thats not just from a fellow clan members point of view. We need more areas and higher player base....this would be in the best interest of the game.

Reaper (RIP) - 1a

#3 Wanted

Wanted
  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:20 AM

i support it....it is true...staff have been quiet busy lately...would like to see people supportin events since they are rare.

#4 Hustle

Hustle
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:28 AM

if nothin else can you atleast get a staff char given to you so you can run us some events, like more mosh's plz?

#5 HellsAngel

HellsAngel
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:28 AM

i support it....it is true...staff have been quiet busy lately...would like to see people supportin events since they are rare.

I agree completly, events would have to be a must

#6 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:45 AM

not gonna say staff havent been doing much on 1alt really.. elf did work on the guilds and wes ran the triplex the other day.. +gaddy put the halloween quest and she did christmas.. but i agree it would be nice to have a new area developer and/or someone running events ect.. the thing about this staff person, if it were my application, would be being able to spend alot of time on the game. being possibly "overly" committed.. anyways, quests and new area's ultimately are what keep text based games fresh, so it's kinda hard to disagree with finding someone willing, and qualified to take the position...

NOOBSTAFF (Area Developer), total online time is 1 days, 23 hours and 45 minutes. Last logon was 02-24-2009 01:02:17.

Edited by Achilles, 30 January 2009 - 09:52 AM.

#7 HellsAngel

HellsAngel
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:21 PM

yes i agree with you that staff have been doing stuff. like i said befor i thank the staff for what they have done and might have planed to do. I just wana give them a break. I planed on putting my motral crits away and spending the time(witch at the moment is 6+ hours a day) i would be on them creating stuff/ running events . Buy no means am i trying to take their place over and if they see that something i am doing is not to their standerds i would love for them to say so and would make the nessisarry changes. I hope this is what you were getting at.
Also once again im not looking for just me getting it...anyone that yall think would make a good one plz post it. I just wana see NM get active again and the ones that are here having fun.

Edited by HellsAngel, 30 January 2009 - 12:22 PM.

#8 crad

crad
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:38 PM

support :ph34r:

#9 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:24 PM

Would be nice to see someone being promoted to run events ect.

Supported in a way.
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#10 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:16 PM

I support cloning. That way we can have 5 more Elf's running around and 1a would pwn.

I support the promotion of someone to run events. Unluckily for us Tecton did a nice job of totally mooseing up the shot we had at an event running staffer.

I do not support you being staff. No offence, but after reading your post I believe there are several people better fit for the job. I do admire you stepping up to the plate tho.

Two Staff Positions:
- Event Runner (Very limited abilities. Only able to run events. I don't know if those restricted abilities would interfere with events like Triplex, CTF and such.)
- Assistant Area Developer (Little to no extra abilities. I don't know if they should even be able to actually create areas or rather revise and assist current area development)

My thoughts.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#11 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:23 PM

dont
wory
i
planed
cant
thier
i
enjoy able
bleave
i
wrighting

So plz keep the replies to ether yes on a vote for me to become a staff,
beleave
Thx ~Hells_Angel~ (1-alt)

Sorry sir, but with all of your typos in this post, I would have to vote no to you. When you are apply for a job(position) spelling is a big factor in an employers decision. Although you may be a great canidate for this position, if I were "hiring" someone for a position, and saw all of these mistakes on a resume, I would just turn it away and move on to the next person.

And by the way, I am no scholar myself, and make many a typo, probably more then most who do play the game. I am not trying to knock you in any way, just pointing out that when you go for any sort of position, typing is a big key.

Edited by Walt, 30 January 2009 - 07:25 PM.

I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#12 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

No for the cheak of nominating oneself.
Si Senior!

#13 HellsAngel

HellsAngel
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

To both that said no to me. No offence taken at all. And thanks for you're ideas. I Just wana see something happon so please state who you think would fit the spot.

#14 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:38 PM

Also staff, such as area developers and those dealing with the playerbase should have a high command of the english language, or we'll end up killing things like the "reD dragonz" who hit us with a "LOLZ DMG MUCH" and so on...

Edited by Prophet, 30 January 2009 - 07:40 PM.

Si Senior!

#15 Faryc

Faryc
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:18 PM

Okay, here's what I think... I know Hells_Angel in real life and have played Dungeons and Dragons(I would not want another DM) with him and Althea. He has a great mind for detail and creating. He has a great imagination. I know it is not really up to us to make a decision on this, but just letting you guys know that his imagination and game knowledge is Great.
As for him nominating himself.... I do not agree that someone should point themselves out (like was said earlier) for a job, but contrary to that he has a great ability for gaming and creating...from thoughts and imagination for this kind of stuff.
If nothing else... If staff would talk to him and get new ideas... let him map them out and send them to them for them to create would be great also.
Thanks,
~Faryc~

#16 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:03 PM

No offense but nominating yourself for a position that has not even been said to be hiring right now just does not look good. Sorry, but there is multiple people that would fill the job better. What looks worse is that all of those throwing support to you are basically your own clannies which is expected. I do agree at least that a staff that focuses solely on event running and co-operation with the playerbase is needed, but I do not believe you are even in the top 10 of the people that could fill the job.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#17 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:22 PM

anyone else notice there's three different forum accounts that posted here that have been created within the past 24 hours?
Page me on Heritage

#18 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:32 PM

anyone else notice there's three different forum accounts that posted here that have been created within the past 24 hours?

Clannies that didn't have a forum account :ph34r:.

I support the need for an extra staff that has the time, knowledge, and creativity to make quest/areas, but I don't think he/she needs to be picked by a player base vote because then its just a popularity contest. And that gets no where.
Logos.

#19 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:38 PM

I find it weird that in this time of recession (NM's, not the world) there isn't a topic with a list of improvements that haven't been added yet, but are on the to do list. In order of which they will be done. The lack of an actual program coder and absence of a lot of normal staff surely requires that the available time will be spent efficiently. Although it might feel more of a job, if you want to accomplish anything you have to go at it systematicaly. That way the players will also know on which to spent their time, instead of suggesting entire area's and then letting it crumble down over time.

Although, it's probably too late for big changes in how things are done. The way I see it is staff are the conductors, and we're just passengers...but the one actually driving the train has already left...hence the train won't go nowhere..no matter how much conductors you have on the train.

(I know occasionaly he still adds some things, but if the train I ride would only move occasionaly, I'd take the bus)

That'll be all, ty.
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#20 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:44 PM

I find it weird that in this time of recession (NM's, not the world) there isn't a topic with a list of improvements that haven't been added yet, but are on the to do list. In order of which they will be done. The lack of an actual program coder and absence of a lot of normal staff surely requires that the available time will be spent efficiently. Although it might feel more of a job, if you want to accomplish anything you have to go at it systematicaly. That way the players will also know on which to spent their time, instead of suggesting entire area's and then letting it crumble down over time.

Although, it's probably too late for big changes in how things are done. The way I see it is staff are the conductors, and we're just passengers...but the one actually driving the train has already left...hence the train won't go nowhere..no matter how much conductors you have on the train.

(I know occasionaly he still adds some things, but if the train I ride would only move occasionaly, I'd take the bus)

That'll be all, ty.

I've seen you come on the forum and always post things about how NightMist is dead and will/is going no where. So I would just like to point out, since simple things like the Triplex on 1a and the Nopk taken off on main the population has escalated very highly, so much that there were even 41... yes 41 people on the 1a server at the same time and it now averages out at about 25. Those were two relatively easy things that gave NightMist a spark enough for people to actually enjoy playing again. Also, during quest/new area periods if you look the average usually jumps 10 users more then when there isn't a quest/new area.

That'll be all, ty.
Logos.

#21 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:52 PM

I've seen you come on the forum and always post things about how NightMist is dead and will/is going no where. So I would just like to point out, since simple things like the Triplex on 1a and the Nopk taken off on main the population has escalated very highly, so much that there were even 41... yes 41 people on the 1a server at the same time and it now averages out at about 25. Those were two relatively easy things that gave NightMist a spark enough for people to actually enjoy playing again. Also, during quest/new area periods if you look the average usually jumps 10 users more then when there isn't a quest/new area.

That'll be all, ty.

Did I hear something about Logic?

Proof is in the pudding.

#22 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:53 PM

That'll be all, ty.

Very highly? You must be relatively new then. And I didn't say NM was dead, not in this post anyways. I merely pointed out that more staff won't help much, it's time to grab the wheel if you want it to change. I'm just a bit tired of all the threads asking for new staff etc. since when has that ever accomplished anything. It's the same discussion every time, but no one actually does anything.

Also, I don't like to be mocked, but im pretty sure that's a given.
Angelus ingame.

#23 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:05 PM

Very highly? You must be relatively new then. And I didn't say NM was dead, not in this post anyways. I merely pointed out that more staff won't help much, it's time to grab the wheel if you want it to change. I'm just a bit tired of all the threads asking for new staff etc. since when has that ever accomplished anything. It's the same discussion every time, but no one actually does anything.

Also, I don't like to be mocked, but im pretty sure that's a given.

At least 150% increase is very highly IMO.

The fact that people don't play MUD's like they used to and NM has half the playerbase it used is not being argued.

You seem to have all the answers without actually answering anything. You come on here and gripe about how NM is doing it all wrong and don't do anything productive. Thanks for your input tho.

On a side note, I think this thread is getting a lil off-topic.

#24 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:15 PM

At least 150% increase is very highly IMO.

The fact that people don't play MUD's like they used to and NM has half the playerbase it used is not being argued.

You seem to have all the answers without actually answering anything. You come on here and gripe about how NM is doing it all wrong and don't do anything productive. Thanks for your input tho.

On a side note, I think this thread is getting a lil off-topic.

What answers do I have? I'm merely saying that more staff wont help that much, history has proven this already. Who was the latest to get appointed again, where is he? The only answer that I was supposed to give was wether or not I support more staff, and that's all I answered on, with my reasons behind it. I don't see whats wrong with that.

So much I can shake up in people in a simple post explaining only my views.
Angelus ingame.

#25 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:22 PM

But you need to understand, just because one person was appointed staff and then vanished soon after doesn't mean that another staff is not a good idea. How about we look at when he was around and the population during the events he ran? Maybe he was just a bad choice as a staff member. Just because one staff member blew his chance and didn't help the game doesn't mean that all new staff are going to be that way.
Logos.

#26 Althea

Althea
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:37 PM

This is Althea, HellsAngel's wife. To be honest I don't care if he is the one to get it or not. The idea is very good and the most qualified should be the one to get the spot.

That said HellsAngel was by no means trying to nominate himself. He even stated that twice. All he cares about is someone being able to do something to improve NM. Well not exactly improve per se (sorry for spelling, that word wasn't exactly on the spelling list in school :-P), I guess a better word would be expand, or add to. Whichever you prefer. As far as himself, what he meant to say was that he would enjoy doing something like that. Not by any means saying to give him the position. Just letting staff know he had an interest in doing something like that.

If you guys know people who would do a better job post who you think needs to have the positions. So far, I have seen no's to him but no other suggestions. I'm not doing this because I am his wife, as I said it doesn't matter to me if he gets this or not. I would do this to anyone else who had put this up. And in my opinion, which in no way reflects HellsAngel's thoughts at all before someone tries to say anything about that, I don't think there is anything wrong with nominating oneself for a position. Isn't that how every single one of you who has a job got that job? By going up and filling out an application saying you thought you were the best person available for that particular position, whether it be fry cook or CEO.

Now the spelling I do understand. His spelling and grammar can drive me up a wall sometimes. lol But... When did it become impossible to use a spell checker to fix those errors? I can almost bet some of you even used the spell checker that is provided by this forum to correct your errors. Now granted I understand the next thought is going to be along the lines of "Well he didn't even use that spell check for this post." Yeah he didn't, but I didn't even know about the spell checker on this until Faryc told there was one. Any forums that HellsAngel and I have been to didn't have a spell checker. Hell, they didn't even have bold or italic buttons to change the font! So he probably didn't bother to check if there was one, out of habit.

To clairify, this is in no way meant to insult anyone. If it has indeed come across that way, then I am truly and deeply sorry. That was not my intent when I typed this up. I meant only to correct some misconceptions and voice my own opinion. Also this in no way reflects HellsAgnel's opinion either. To be truthful, he is currently at work and I'm at home. So if anyone is displeased with what I have said, please do not take it out on HellsAngel. He won't know I have replied to this until he has time to check it at work.

In conclusion I do vote for the idea of a new staff member (or members) to help lighten the load for the rest of the staff, help take some of the stress off of them. I also agree with someone being dedicated to making new areas and running events.As well as having players submit balanced ideas for new areas, monsters, equipment, or even classes. Though I think the new possible staff member(s) should also be responsible for responding to people who do put forth new ideas with a yes or no to thier ideas, and if no, why. I don't know if staff already does this, but if not it is an idea to let the players know they haven't been ignored. As far as nominees, I nominate Tietsu, reason being the area he designed, with help, was absolutely superb! I would be absolutely thrilled to see him become a desinger for this game, if he was so willing. I would even possibly suggest Wanted, though I don't know his creative streak (no offense Wanted), I think he would be very fair to all players in my opinion. And lastly, HellsAngel. Reasons being his imagination knows no bounds.He DMs D&D campaigns a lot and has a very active imagination. Plus all I hear all freaking day is "Hey! I just thought of something that would be really cool in NM!", or "What do you think of *whatever idea he has* being added to NM?" Nightmist is near about the thing he talks about the most. Personally, it would benifit me more for him not to have this position. But he is also very qualified for this position. Spelling and grammar can be fixed. An almost limitless imagination cannot be done with a program. A program can only do what the writer tells it to do. I wish I knew more people to nominate, but at this point I cannot think of anyone else, mainly due to not knowing how creative others are. Well I truly do hope staff chooses to select a volunteer. I would love to see more happening with NM.

#27 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

Very nice! Althea for staff!
Angelus ingame.

#28 Althea

Althea
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:54 PM

I agree with Sausage. This has gotten entirely off topic. The point of the post was to bring up new staff for the present, not the past. Well not entirely new, of course. Should I say new members to the current staff, and who we honestly think would make good ones. Not biased by clans and what not. I do agree with Dekade that it shouldn't be based on player vote because it will turn into a popularity vote, which we already have going in NM, at least in 1alt, which I finding sickening. But I do think that there should be a poll taken on who the players believe should become the new staff members, so the staff can get the opinion of the players, but as always, and as it should be, the final decision being left to the staff. And with each vote should be a reason as to why you think said person should become staff.

p.s. sorry for posts taking so long but trying to juggle this, a 2yo, and a 6 month old. lol Not an easy feat. :-D

#29 Defeat

Defeat
  • Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:05 AM

If this was even remotely possible, I wouldn't suggest any sort of player vote, nor knowledge of the votes even happening. I'd say leave it all up to staff. If the players know about it, they're gonna try to show the staff they're qualified and over-act about it. I just think the chosen member should just get a random teleport to be debriefed on his staff issues and duties and limitations.

Jµ§t å fîgméñt øf yøµ® îmågîñåtîøñ
1a - Rise/Mythical

#30 Althea

Althea
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:06 AM

Very nice! Althea for staff!

Thank you very much Angelus for the vote for staff. I am very flattered. But to be perfectly honest, I don't have the time nor the imagination for such a position. I know my short comings (sorry on spelling), an dthis would be one of them. While I do DM, and am a fanatic of fantasy and such, I am also very scatter brained. Hell it took almost 4 hours to type that damn post! lol I have a 2 year old son and a 6 month old daughter to take of, plus as soon as able I will be starting college. And to be honest... I'm one of those people HellsAngel was talking about who didn't really want to play anymore because there is nothing new to do. The game has become about which clan you are in. Nothing else. Every time I log on I am reminded of the high school drama that was supposed to stay behind in high school. Now I am not by any means saying everyone on the game is like this. But it is enough to make the game unenjoyable for me. If I play a game I want to be able to play with whoever I feel like playing with. Not having to think, " Well even though I think this person is really cool and they have done absolutely nothing to harm or harass me in any way, because they are in this clan I can't even party with them, and I'm looked down by clannies if I talk to them." It's not exactly what I would call relaxing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users