Photo

Land Route To Resthaven/blackthorn?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this idea a good one?

Is this idea a good one?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Lowlife

Lowlife
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 01:51 AM

I got to thinking, why must you access Resthaven and Blackthorn through the sewers? If it were a real life situation, I highly doubt that the only way to get from a town to another town would be to go through an overly extensive and confusing sewer system... Either way, I think that a land route from Nightmist to Resthaven should be added and also a land route from Resthaven to Blackthorn possibly with some new monsters and maybe a new area or two. It would make the game bigger and would probably have potential for new bosses in whatever areas you had to cross to get there. This idea has probably been suggested many times in the past, and if it hasn't been, it should have been...

EDIT: If this idea is supported, I won't mind coming up with a name for it, new monsters if that portion of the idea is supported, new bosses, and I'll make a map for the area(s) as well.

Edited by Lowlife, 23 May 2005 - 01:53 AM.

Things would be so much easier if people would only see them my way...

#2 Lowlife

Lowlife
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:43 AM

Oh yeah, and please voice your reasons as to why you voted the way you did.

#3 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:45 AM

Heh sure.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#4 Ryudo

Ryudo
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:52 AM

I think its a good idea, I too find it hard to believe people should have to access Resthaven through the sewers. This would also give a chance to make the game bigger, as well as throwing in some monsters along the way. I like the idea.

#5 Vermillion

Vermillion
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:11 AM

Genius, pure genius. Everyone has thought about this idea since they were newbs. We just need someone to draw out some big plans about it and include monster names, exp per pod, etc.

Supported ^.^

#6 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:12 AM

I voted yes. I think most if not all of the cities should be connected by land. I mean, if they can dig sewers back and whatnot, why wouldn't there be a land route?

I think it'd be especially cool if some of them were connected by way of mountains, causing the trip to be more difficult and advernterous.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#7 speedy

speedy
  • Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:44 AM

i voted yes also and gaddy i like your thoughts about adding a mountain and making it a lil harder

I think all classes appart from pacifists should be removed, then we can all be hippies and play nice together

Inappropriate Avatar - Crane

#8 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:11 AM

general: Nightmist Highway: The road is worn and well traveled, A weary traveler can feel close to home when he reaches this road. You can travel x.

look over desc: The Nightmist Highway is a well worn road traveled for ages by merchant caravans and adventures seeking their fortunes abroad. The sun beats down on the path, causing heat to rise from the ground. The tall buildings of Nightmist can be seen on the horizon. You can travel x.

You can have Small Snakes, Large Snakes, Maybe a Bandit or two. Or, instead of a Bandit, something similar to the Desert Marauder, although not nearly as tough heh. Something along the lines of the Scarlet Daggers Bartender perhaps, just give him the 'covert' ability. This would be a very 'rp'esque flavor.

I'm guessing a highway is pretty much all you need to get to Rest Haven, it's closer than Arilin. Blackthorn might need another forest, perhaps a small mountaineous region aswell. Have to scale all monsters though, the most difficult thing one can come by on their way to these towns by sewers is a crocodile, Can't be putting Big ole mt. frostborn mountain lions and such in there.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#9 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:19 AM

play the waiting game.
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#10 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:22 AM

This doesn't cost me me a million gold does it lol?

#11 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:35 AM

Marauders please! ^_^

Like 1 square outside of nm, that would be awesome :P
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#12 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:11 AM

Meh not a bad idea, make the normal paths tough, meaning weaker players have to find an alternate route to BT and RH, hence the sewers.

#13 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 01:30 PM

Land routes between Resthaven, Blackthorn and Nightmist... there at least had to be some land routes before the sewage system was built. The only major question that I have to ask is, where is Resthaven and Blackthorn on the world map in relation to all of the other cities? I can imagine Resthaven being somewhere to the East of Nightmist, maybe off the grassy paths and such, but Blackthorn... that might be even further East than Harabec.

play the waiting game.

Hmmm... a thought occurs that you are up to something, Stotic!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#14 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 03:57 PM

pfft he just wants us to think he is so he can toy with the minds of the insignificant.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#15 Lowlife

Lowlife
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:43 PM

I don't mind designing a map for a mountain route to Resthaven from Nightmist, but I want the ok from JLH first. Also, I will consider everyone's suggestions if JLH ok's it.

Edit: I was reading the forum thread about the village mentioned and I could put that in as well if that is also ok with JLH, but I'm primarily concerned with the land route (possibly mountain) from Nightmist to Resthaven and to Blackthorn if I'm allowed to make the area that big.

Edited by Lowlife, 25 May 2005 - 08:52 PM.

#16 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:00 PM

You really have to do it all first THEN ask JLH.
Stadic Ingame...

#17 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:37 PM

i like this idea, so hurry up n write down more ideas to this

ps i thought of a similar idea long time ago never posted it tho

#18 shigogouhou

shigogouhou
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 02:16 AM

Perhaps the mountain was so treacherous, it was easier to tunnel through to get to BT and RH...and later that tunnel was simply connected onto the sewer system? Explains the lack of a land passage.

#19 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 03:44 AM

You really have to do it all first THEN ask JLH.

Yea, I went and designed a whole area, made descrips, and got alot of positive feeback, but no staff comented on it at all, so basicaly if they haven't planned on adding any other areas, then the ones that players design are definently not a priority.

Like Stotic said, we just have to wait and see what develops.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#20 Lowlife

Lowlife
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 07:53 PM

Well, I was kind of hoping to get JLH's approval and maybe the limit to how many monsters I can use (new ones) and if I can put any bosses in the area, after I get some feedback from JLH I'll start working on it and then he can make a final decision based on what I come up with, but if there is no way he will add any new areas the I don't want to make it for nothing.

#21 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:02 PM

No Bosses please. Just a simple route to the place. We don't want people to stop going to the Centi! ^_^
Stadic Ingame...

#22 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:06 PM

I still own the centi and croc at least 2 time a day each, ok thanks.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#23 Lowlife

Lowlife
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:17 PM

If I made the area with a boss, it would be way off in the boonies, not even close to the main path and it would be really hard to get to it too, people wouldn't stop going to the centipede and crocodile.

#24 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:54 PM

Don't waste your time designing an area. JLH is just going to refer you to me and I have my hands full with areas already.

#25 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:34 AM

Need any assistance Stotic?
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#26 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 01:38 PM

And Alan should be giving the gold to himself. ^_^

As for the "two ways to get to places", how about a path from NM to BT eh?

Stadic Ingame...

#27 Lowlife

Lowlife
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:57 PM

Do they not have anyone else helping with areas whatsoever?

#28 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:41 PM

I'm the only staff member that is developing areas.

#29 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:05 PM

Jen was developing areas before she became a scapegoat to keep Nightmist's thieves and idiots happy.

Edited by Thunderja, 29 May 2005 - 01:48 AM.

#30 Lowlife

Lowlife
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 08:27 AM

Maybe JLH should get more area developers eh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users