• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OmegaNublet

OmegaNublet
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:58 AM

Yea i posted this over in suggestions but all i gotta say is
PVP, Rangers are rapable to the extreme, dont even start on hypno.
You have to sacrifice a stam every time training/pking if you want to live at all.
You cant rely on rounding a healthy opponent same lvl or close to it
They dont deal good damage
They miss alot
you have to use hit-hypno or hit-run 1-29 u cant really ever use rapid fire unless ur with a party or just trainin off pots cuz ur rich.
Its extremely hard to train a ranger as oppposed to a thief
Yet a thief the same lvl can usually drop a bomb on them.
They are good for PvM but only if theres 1 of one type there
and only if they dont miss on hypno.
even at lvl 30, u really only have 3 stam for hitting once u use hypno every round...
(staff if u move this please entail this list on the other side incase i missed something over there)
I just dont understand why something so hard to train, isnt competitive at all...High armor?...thats cool but everything pierces armor but monsters pretty much....zerks smite, Assassinate...

#2 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:18 PM

PVP, Rangers are rapable to the extreme, dont even start on hypno
We'll test that by making Alex fight Will (Nub vs Anarchy). No pots, similar equip, same level...

You have to sacrifice a stam every time training/pking if you want to live at all.
I know what you're trying to say; however, it's not true.

You cant rely on rounding a healthy opponent same lvl or close to it
Which classes can?

Define good. lvl 30 ranger will do around 90 max per stam.

They miss alot
So do zerkers. Fighters have armor absorb. Druids and mages need mana to hit good.

you have to use hit-hypno or hit-run 1-29 u cant really ever use rapid fire unless ur with a party or just trainin off pots cuz ur rich.
So what?

Rangers are extremely cool as opposed to a thief.

Yet a thief the same lvl can usually drop a bomb on them.
Like I said, we'll test it ang get back to you.

They are good for PvM but only if theres 1 of one type there
Presumably you're referring to macro setting - the same applies to every other class.

and only if they dont miss on hypno.
Actually this again is not true.

even at lvl 30, u really only have 3 stam for hitting once u use hypno every round...
Ditto

I just dont understand why something so hard to train, isnt competitive at all...High armor?...thats cool but everything pierces armor but monsters pretty much....zerks smite, Assassinate...
We'll test it with a zerk too. Incidentally, you ever trained a zerk as opposed to a ranger?
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#3 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:42 PM

Flaming arrow should go through armor 50% ^.^

#4 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:44 AM

alan shot that one in the ground lol

maybe a little improvement, i like the idea of doing something to flaming arrow on 1a, because even though rangers aren't as unbalanced as you say they are, they could do with a little boost of some kind. flaming arrow is hardly used at all, rapid fire in my case anyway is used 100% of the time, and if i'm on 3 stam waiting for full, I use hypno instead of another attacking skill. flaming arrow should set the player/monster on fire, dealing constant damage from the flames engulfing them :ph34r: they get steadily worse, and the only way to get rid of them is by creating a spring, or DEATH.

iunno, my ideas have always been terrible - but in my humble opinion, something should be done.
Disaster ingame.

#5 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:08 PM

making flaming arrow worthwhile would be nice

#6 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:39 PM

It's a lvl 28 skill, it should be something to look forward to using for sureee.

I still think going through 50% armor is all the hotness, but I could accept 10 damage poison.

#7 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:46 PM

PVP, Rangers are rapable to the extreme, dont even start on hypno
We'll test that by making Alex fight Will (Nub vs Anarchy). No pots, similar equip, same level...

Define good. lvl 30 ranger will do around 90 max per stam.
On bunnies perhaps

So what?
I tried the hit-hypno thingy on my ranger with no joy. 3 stamina at L18 = 1 stam hit per round :ph34r:

Rangers are extremely cool as opposed to a thief.
Define 'train'. Thieves are a lot harder to train *to arch* than rangers training normally, try levelling a thief to L30 without having a sharer log a cleric to swamp you L8-25, and no daggers of the winds either, you will need to get to L30 with katana/dos before you have any chance in hell of earning enough gold to afford one of them things!

At level 30, a ranger has 5 stamina and 3 regen. Therefor if you hypno every round you will only get 2 stamina each round to hit with, not 3.

#8 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:46 AM

I'll add some more to this:

Rangers will damage bunnies exactly the same as Time Knight.

You don't hit-hypno, you hit and run, thereby not wasting stamina.

Rangers are also easy to train.

And as for the last thing...Solidus has recently soloed HL twice and got a drop both times. If that isn't an advantage, I don't know what is...

#9 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:45 PM

Define 'train'. Thieves are a lot harder to train *to arch* than rangers training normally, try levelling a thief to L30 without having a sharer log a cleric to swamp you L8-25, and no daggers of the winds either, you will need to get to L30 with katana/dos before you have any chance in hell of earning enough gold to afford one of them things!

I never had the luxury of a friend that could constantly swamp me, I just got lucky from time to time and hopped in on a trip. I myself had plenty of gold by the time I hit lvl 25. Thieves are cake to train. You just need to know where to get ez gold. I totally disagree with your opinion of Rangers are easier to train to arch then Thieves. Rangers miss nuts tons more. On the avgerage do less dmg, takes longer to get the almighty 4th stam, and no vamp. Hypno ftw tho.

And I don't share btw.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users