Territories

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:06 AM

Ok i was talking with a friend the other day and we thought it would be cool to be able to have battles for territories. The winning clan gets and added bonus of exp when training in that area say maybe and extra 10-25% boost. The way this would take place would be battles between clans. The battles would be between crits that are all the same lvl and have the same amount facing each other. The winner takes control of that territory until the next time the battle comes along...saying couple weeks or a month being that there are numerous areas that people would want to fight over. The battles would not take place unless if you could get 10 people from each clan with the same lvl characters to fight each other....or say maybe even only 5 if the playerbase is kind of low at the time thus also giving smaller clans chances to compete. The area would not take away from the other clans exp when they trained in the area it would just only add to the clan that had control of the area. I think this could be a good thing to add to nightmist....maybe even a map showing who has control of what terroritories and with a schedule of when the wars for control will go on. It was just a thought though let me know what yall think about it.
Peacemaker both servers.

#2 MÚÐVÃ¥ÑË

MÚÐVÃ¥ÑË
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:11 AM

Yes the idea base we came up with was good. but i dont know about the limit on battling lol think about a larger clan going to fight five people from a small clan with 20 people thats a 4 to 1 chance for the smaller clan.. there would have to be a way to control the players that were in the fight and the players that werent in the fight. this way you dont have as noted 20 going against 5 or even 20 going against 10. if you can think of a way around this which i was trying but cant then yes the idea we thought of in pages would be good.
Mudvayne

#3 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:17 AM

Battle for the areas would take place in a mosh arena. Teams would have to be even either 5 vs 5 or 10 vs 10 all crits being the same lvl if not then battle could not take place and no one has control of area. No matter what teams will be even. Maybe even a set server time each month for the area to be fought for and if the right amount of people dont show up then it doesnt happen and the area remains neutral. I say this would add more competition to the game and make it to where there is one more thing to fight for. Maybe even say that if you control a certain area it makes ur clan ranking go up by like 20points or so per area you control. It would be like you are trying to make a kingdom by taking control of the lands for your people.
Peacemaker both servers.

#4 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:26 AM

ok seems how u are posting, why would a clan have to keep their alts at a low lvl to maintain a territory, wouldnt a clan bring the best they had to a fight to keep their turf. Bad idea limiting lvl, i know why u posted it tho /wink *lvl 35 druid cough*

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#5 Defeat

Defeat
  • Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:28 AM

MD would own the server, tbh. Saying battle for territory, there are alot of mages on this server and people would generally enter on mages against along with a few low wis thieves. Alot of things would have to base this idea to make it completely even. If a thief with 11 wis goes against a lv 30 mage, no matter what level that thief is, it's going to be rounded. The share of XP and/or clan points is a bit pointless. You're not going to find a staff that's going to just GIVE someone XP. Only JLH and Pandilex can give XP to any player, as well as take it away. Definately won't happen. Creative thinking though.

Jµ§t å fîgméñt øf yøµ® îmågîñåtîøñ
1a - Rise/Mythical

#6 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:35 AM

Who says the best is decided by lvls? I always thought it was determined by skill atleast thats how it was back in the day in the one alt pt's. All lvl 30's and went one on one. The victor got the prize. Why would you not want it to be even terms? Who cares who has all the higher lvls we already know who that is im saying a respectable battle between crits all the same lvls. You choose from your clan who you send based on the lvl that is made for the battle....which i would guess would be determined by the area. As in swamps be lvl 25 only. Desert for lvl 26 plus and must end up with 5 on 5 of the same lvls. Barracks for 18+ and end up with 5 of same lvl. If 5 of the same lvl cant be accomplished due to people not wanting to use lower alts then no challenge will be made for the area....but im willing to bet that if we get a set lvl for each area that people will keep the crit they want to fight with in it at that lvl just for that purpose. I know people used to do it for the junior pt why wouldnt they do it for this?

MD would own the server, tbh. Saying battle for territory, there are alot of mages on this server and people would generally enter on mages against along with a few low wis thieves. Alot of things would have to base this idea to make it completely even. If a thief with 11 wis goes against a lv 30 mage, no matter what level that thief is, it's going to be rounded. The share of XP and/or clan points is a bit pointless. You're not going to find a staff that's going to just GIVE someone XP. Only JLH and Pandilex can give XP to any player, as well as take it away. Definately won't happen. Creative thinking though.

This would make people actually take the time to get good rolls or buy them that way they could compete...seems like a way to get people to strive to be better.....and not all thieves are weak against a mage....some arch thieves can click a mage. I know an arch zerk can. If all the lvls of the crits are the same lvl then the fight will be even regardless of stats. You can get around stats if you hit first.
Peacemaker both servers.

#7 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 08:46 AM

Besides the powerfull already having it easier then others this makes them train way faster as well. Only making the gap larger. Sounds like a nice suggestion but +exp shouldn't be the award imo.
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#8 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5238 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:10 PM

I don't think we need to make automatic extra exp a possibility at this point in the game.

This would also take some REAL coding work, and that would take JLH, and that would take a miracle.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#9 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 03:42 PM

I don't think we need to make automatic extra exp a possibility at this point in the game.

This would also take some REAL coding work, and that would take JLH, and that would take a miracle.

:ph34r: lol.

I agree with Gaddy. Likeliness of the bonus exp happening are slim to none. I do like the idea of the territories, though. I have no suggestions myself, but if you were to find a different bonus, something like a little less monster damage or +5% gold (amount can be changed) I may support this.

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users