Arch Druid Morph Selection

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Shapeshifter

Shapeshifter
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:16 PM

My idea is thus, once a druid hits arch, then if they decide they would like to, they can spend the 30k in the morphchange shop and access a list of new morphsets along with the current list for lvls 1 - 30.

Tossing the idea out there in the Nightmist community ive also gotten back snippets of ideas that there should be a certain increase in hp recovery, and a slight increase in the already placed gain of atk dmg and armor for these selected special morphs. Again, this wasnt part of my original idea, but deserves the same consideration.

My list of added arch morphs:

Hyena, Giant Panda, Polar Bear, Timberwolf, Alligator, Crocodile, Elephant, Rhino, Hippo

you can add more, or discuss them at your leasure, im just tossing that list out there.

Other than that, im just looking for support and ideas on this topic, maybe i can expand a little more on it and see if we cant get it pushed into action on either server.
Shapeshifter

"Slow Your Roll" << Sobe Cap

#2 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:32 PM

The trouble with the selection of animals that you have chosen is that they are grossly unbalanced... namely, a Hyena doesn't size up to one of the big cats too well, an Alligator and Crocodile are water animals and an Elephant is big, heavy and slow, and would probably have a lot more HP too. If they were strategic morphs that one only uses at certain times, I would support it, but I can't see that being implemented.

Some new animals to morph into would be nice, but I can't think of much that is balanced with the current selection.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#3 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:53 PM

If I recall correctly, originally some morphs had stat mods or something of the sort. Specific to each morph. It would be nice to have new morph options at arch, but nothing else should be added. New morphs=Supported adding stat mods to new morphs=not supported.
Jaded ingame.

#4 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 06:01 PM

i think at lvl 31+ having a druid choose to morph into a wolverene etc would be cool. Legendary beasts or creatures, morph into a wolverene, polar bear, rhino.
Stat mods wouldnt get input would it wouldnt take muych coding to add a few more names!

Lew xx
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#5 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:15 PM

I'd like to see some new morph options simply because the morphs are some of the best descs in game, in my opinion.
I also think Elf would happily make the pictures for them.

However, I don't think we'd see the old morph system of stat mods and increased stamina regain come back.
Druids were terrible back then as I recall...we only had two or three arched in the first few years of NM because of it.

Perhaps a system of stat mods, hp bonuses, and stam gain bonuses could be added to morphed druids on 1-alt or the sort if JLH/Simon thought it'd be useful enough to tweek all the balancing, etc.
However, there would also need to be downsides, and not just inability to cast spells.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#6 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 12:42 AM

i think it'd be a nice addition, the same morphs over and over again do get old. i believe there's eight different ones currently, and we've seen them all. additional morphs would be something new and interesting to add to the game. supported
Page me on Heritage

#7 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:57 AM

Pretty sure there are 10...just remember having a set of 10 where each morph was used.
However, I really don't think we lack in variety of morphs...it's just be a cool bonus to have some cool ones at arch, such as a Dragon, Wyvren, Griffin, or other mythical or powerful creatures.

Perhaps have the open at level 35 though, grandmaster level.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#8 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:13 AM

35 is harsh! not a single druid close they gain exp so slowly lol
but i think some cooler animals at lvl 31+ then the elite mythicals at 35 would be ace
31+ like polar bear, wolverene, rhino (or suggestions etc)

then lvl 35 Dragons, deamons, shadows (quality idea lol) phoenix, etc - that would be epic and wouldnt take much coding just a little suggestion and discription work
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#9 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:00 PM

lol...druids gain exp slow? Since when?

I'm pretty sure they go faster than most characters, but but I suppose quite a bit slower than zerks.
I don't see why 35 couldn't be when they'd hit cool morphs like Dragon, Polar Bear, Shadow (I like that suggestion), etc...would take the real work needed to get there, and the title of Grandmaster to understand how to do the morphs.

And I think there are some druids pretty high up in the exp chart, though perhaps no 35s yet.

#10 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:53 PM

well my thoughts on hitting smaller are mainly due to spawn - he is totaly pimped always hanced and my party leader when ever i play but he dont seem to get as much exp as my other crits - ie since lvl 30+ came out its got about 40mil exp :/

I suppose they might gain ok if you just sit and hit vipers or something with them - good power

#11 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:40 AM

phoenix, etc - that would be epic

Jared would have to come back to see Phoenix morphed into a Phoenix. would be almost as good as buffy the slayer lol
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#12 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:07 AM

yea thats why i slyly slipped that one in lol

#13 Evilcloud

Evilcloud
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:46 PM

I support the idea for new morphs, not for stat mods... but I think the lvl for this on 1a should be 30+ seeing as how there will not be any crits above 30 for awhile (with the exception of the 2 clerics that havnt payed up)
~~¤*~Menelaeus/Darkalliance in NM1A~*¤~~

#14 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:47 AM

Love it how everyone seems to classify a 'polar bear' as a 'mythical' type creature...... I suppose if they go extinct in the next 20 years like predicted, in a coupla generations time they may be thought of as that.....

Before druids changed they were pretty poor, the only reason anyone would train one would be for the high level morphs (ie stat mods), you had one which gave a dex increace and the other a str increace (cheetah and lesser worm iirc). Jolt (L15-30 shock-damage spell) was the only offensive spell.

When they changed, they were given new morphs but it was more 2 spells that made druids what they were, stormwrath (made them a lot easier to train at low levels as well as a high level pking spell) and gaeas (probably best self-buff in game, gives you highest armour of any class maintainable without recasting spells every min, gives virtually 100% hit rate and times perfectly with morph giving berserker-like damage)

btw, WTF is a 'timber wolf'?

#15 Demented_Kitty

Demented_Kitty
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:01 AM

Maybe some new morph sets at arch would be a cool addition to arching a druid... I really like the idea and would love to see the idea brought into the game... i support it, but... no more cats please... most of the morphs now are feline in nature... except the wolf or bear of couse..... Maybe for the new morphs.. and i am sorry if any are misspelled... it is late..

Maybe: Dragon, Werewolf, Pheonix, Chimera, Troll, Coyote, Basilisk, and possibly a Python?

The morph selection at arch is a really good idea... its kind of like a perk for arching a druid. and really new morphsets should not unbalance the game.. as long as the morphs do not altar any stats in any way, it really should not bother training in the game... I support... Good job Tommy... GREAT IDEA! :)

Edited by Demented_Kitty, 31 July 2007 - 05:02 AM.

Soporette on 1a.

#16 Shapeshifter

Shapeshifter
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:06 PM

Thanks for the posts guys, and yeah, after taking things through...

Heres what we have for a recap

Stat mods on morphs, not gonna happen, that idea has been shunted and killed :) (not that i supported it either)

Morph selections for lvls 30+ (or 35+ deeming final staffer calls):
Hyena
Giant Panda
Polar Bear
Rhino
Dragon
Deamon
Shadow
Phoenix
Wolverene
Wyvren
Griffin
Werewolf
Chimera
Troll
Coyote
Basilisk
Python
Anaconda (throw in just now because of the topic of snakes)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love the ideas, love the support, and actually kinda glad that the stat mods got shot down.

Now lets see if we cant get this pushed through huh?
Shapeshifter

#17 Tombstone

Tombstone
  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:16 PM

Supported
Justice is Coming... Main - Caffeine/Nismos[/color]

#18 Ghost_Wolf

Ghost_Wolf
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:40 PM

:) The idea of a new morphset at lvls 30+ is an awsome idea, but instead of the normal animal morphs i do beleive the mythcal creature morphs would be better.Werewolf would be one i would be more then willing to play.Elephant and Hippo are a bit much lol.Panda bears would be ok due to the hisitorical background they have as being saints in certain cultures.Dragons i don't know about due to they where the largest of the great beasts and to just have that morph with no stat mods would be a bit much.Support for new animal morphs after lvl 30 supported.

-To throw an idea out there i beleive that a stat change of 1 depending on the morph would not hurt to bad.Werewolves have increase speed and stamina so say someone with a Werewolf morph could get increases stamina where someone with a Dragon morph to say could have an increase of 1 strength.i am sure it could be sorted.I do beleive that druid armor is a bit much at the moment, not complaining about the class but it can be hard to cut through druid armor at times.Just a thought. :)
Link-Nepharious_Niassey (Main)

Love is a 36' carbon tip chainsaw and rib spreaders....nuff said.

#19 Shapeshifter

Shapeshifter
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:55 PM

Well, lets go with what we can get for now, just stick to the morph set changes........

stat mods can be put in later *if wanted*
Shapeshifter

#20 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:31 AM

i threw the custom morph idea out there just for my druid...no dice i was gonna pay to

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#21 Shapeshifter

Shapeshifter
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 02:12 PM

Woo bump!
Shapeshifter

#22 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:41 AM

If I supported this I would go with something like (with the stat mods) if you morph'd into a dragon you would gain str but you would lose wisdom. If you morph'd into a Pheonix you would gain dex but lose str.

Since a druid can only hold one morph at a time there would be no stacking of diffrent morphs. I know this is not gonna be in just because of the codeing. So I'll support just the variety of change for the lvl 30+'s.

Freek ingame.

#23 Shapeshifter

Shapeshifter
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:22 AM

Bumping old post, just for posterity, and cause its still got alot of merit
Shapeshifter

#24 XxDarkAlliancexX

XxDarkAlliancexX
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:32 AM

yeah cant remember if ive already posted on ths... but supported :ph34r:
Posted Image

#25 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:32 AM

That would be cool. . . Supported.
Autek in game.

#26 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:56 AM

Nice idea. Although I think it should be lvl 31+ or maybe 35+.
30 wouldn't be all that rare.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#27 Sarna

Sarna
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:56 PM

supported :ph34r:

Sarna main Sarna 1alt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users