Down Goes Osama!

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Sublime

Sublime
  • Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:26 AM

After 10 years of searching for that lovable companion the US military has finally found and killed one of the most notorious murderer's of this or any era.

Congrats to President Obama, The US Military, and specifically all of the people who gave their lives to protect the values that we take for granted every day.

I hope this lesson hits home with the rest of the terrorist's out there, we never surrender, never forget, and never take any nuts from the likes of you ever again.

BRING THE TROOPS HOME!!!!
Sublime - 1a.

#2 Trendkill

Trendkill
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:15 AM

Yes bring the troops home!!!

And please keep those who lost their lives of September 11th in your prayers....THEY DID NOT DIE IN VAIN!!

This has made me sooo proud to be an American.

Hope everyone will remember....

...AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...Añd Jústícè Fòr All

#3 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:40 AM

He was a piece of nuts, but his role in september 11th is very questionable. The death of this man has no effect on my thoughts of the troops or president Obama. With that being said, i bet tobey kieth wrote a couple albums in the last few hours.
Apocalypto

#4 Trendkill

Trendkill
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:45 AM

Wow....way to kill the the American pride there. So our troops over there for 10 years means nothing to you? The troops who've lost their lives defending our freedom means nothing to you?....and btw...Fk tobey keith!

USA USA USA
...Añd Jústícè Fòr All

#5 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

Um... defending freedom does not mean attacking other countries. I don't think our reasons for invading Iraq and Afghanistan was to promote freedom. The death of Osama Bin Laden won't bring the troops home, neither will the death of any single person.

As for the death of Osama Bin Laden, I can't see it stopping terrorism, more like making him a second messiah to them. They attack us because they hate us, not because they're punch-clock villains with Bin Laden as their boss. I also find it very suspicious that the Navy SEALs very quickly disposed of his body in the sea (if it even was his body) rather than keeping it for a few days to prove his death, like they did with Uday and Qusay (Saddam Hussein's sons).

Edited by Crane, 02 May 2011 - 01:41 PM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#6 Elf

Elf
  • Game Staff
  • 439 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:12 PM

I also find it very suspicious that the Navy SEALs very quickly disposed of his body in the sea (if it even was his body) rather than keeping it for a few days to prove his death, like they did with Uday and Qusay (Saddam Hussein's sons).

Thinks on that and agrees....
would not be the first time something was not as it seemed.....

Elf :P

Meeting you was fate,
Becoming your friend was a choice,
But falling in love with you was beyond my control..

#7 Trendkill

Trendkill
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:40 PM

i dont care....IM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!

And Im glad they dumped that heartless pos in the ocean....let the sharks feast on him and bones wash up on shore. Imo they should tied a cinder block to his feet and dumped him in the ocean.

/t JP USA! They cant break our american pride!

As far as his regime and extremest pos that they are....if they try to pull anything then we'll kill them too. you know why? BECAUSE WE ARE THE MOST POWERFULL COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. At least we didnt just drop a nuclear bomb on them...maybe we should have?.....certainly would of ended our war with a simple push of a button. Do you people have family in the military on the front lines risking their lives? If you did maybe you would understand why this is so important to us Americans. Do you have any family members that died in the 9/11 attacks?

Thanks for the support guys....thanks.
...Añd Jústícè Fòr All

#8 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:03 PM

Take care not to cross from justice into revenge. I'm sure many of us lost loved ones in the horrific 9/11 attacks, but at what point will you say 'my family are avenged, my mission is complete'? I've had many people try to justify the war against terrorism because of having a relative in the military or from being affected by the terrorist attacks. Call me a cold traitor if you wish, but such emotional reasoning brings us dangerously close to the very same mindset of the terrorists, by forgetting our ideals and killing people, guilty and innocent, for personal satisfaction.

BECAUSE WE ARE THE MOST POWERFULL COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

That is exactly why they hate us. Whether the USA is the most powerful country in the world, or The People's Republic of China or some other country or alliance, is irrelevant... it's the fact that many in the USA claim to be and the country having a habit of pushing its weight around that causes the tension.

And do you really think a couple of nuclear missiles will solve all of your problems? Besides killing thousands of innocent people and alienating a good portion of the US's allies, Al-Qaeda is a stateless entity, not confined to any particular country - it's also a war crime; you cannot drop nuclear bombs on a non-nuclear state. Also, a lot of terrorism is home-bred... look at Timothy McVeigh, for example.

ADDENDUM: Regarding my earlier post, I just found out that "show me the body" actually violates the Geneva Convention (although that clause tends to be ignored from time to time). It's also Islamic tradition to bury the body as soon as possible unless an autopsy is required, although burial at sea is almost never done, generally only if the person actually died at sea or there was no-one to accept the body (and even in the latter case it's still usually done on land in an unmarked grave). Seems they didn't ask around much.

Edited by Crane, 02 May 2011 - 10:59 PM.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#9 Infection

Infection
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:07 PM

i dont care....IM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!

And Im glad they dumped that heartless pos in the ocean....let the sharks feast on him and bones wash up on shore. Imo they should tied a cinder block to his feet and dumped him in the ocean.

/t JP USA! They cant break our american pride!

As far as his regime and extremest pos that they are....if they try to pull anything then we'll kill them too. you know why? BECAUSE WE ARE THE MOST POWERFULL COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. At least we didnt just drop a nuclear bomb on them...maybe we should have?.....certainly would of ended our war with a simple push of a button. Do you people have family in the military on the front lines risking their lives? If you did maybe you would understand why this is so important to us Americans. Do you have any family members that died in the 9/11 attacks?

Thanks for the support guys....thanks.

As much as I would like to agree with you on some things, but when person signs on the dotted line to go into the military THEY know what they are getting themself into expecially nowadays in time. So they do it for a paycheck its a job. Do you feel sorry for a truck driver that runs off a highway because he is trying to get home to his family and falls asleep. Every job is dangerous and risk are taken. Everyone knows this is a part of being in the military. I don't know why people cry and moan about their kids, family members ect fighting over there. If you wanna blame someone blame your family member for enlisting. They aren't fighting for our freedom. We dont have freedom no more. A judge makes decisons on what happens to our lives. We no longer have freedom of speech. Corruption, lies, and illegals over here. This isn't America anymore bro. This is afgiraqafricacubamexicoasia. Thats what they should rename the USA to. Not to offend anyone Just stating my opinion in which in the constitution and federal laws says I have the right to. Or do I? I am sorry to say osama yes is dead but someone will follow right in his footsteps and take over. Just as if Obama was to die someone would take over. The ring of terror will never end. God bless our troops yes. My brother is in Iraq, if something happens to him it was his time god was ready for him. It's a job that pays the bills. Just as any other job. And for the 9/11 stuff. Well would never happen if the great old USA just didn't let every single foriegn person into our country.
Blake (Satoris) Main Server

#10 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:03 PM

My point was not that our troops arent doing their jobs and risking their lives, but that the 9/11 attacks was a bunch of bullnuts in the first place. Not to mention the fact of how suspicious it is that Osama is found and killed right as Obama starts his re-election bid. And i agree with crane's post alot. And to be proud of something you are born into is kind of like saying im proud i won the lottery. I think if anything you are lucky to be an american and proud of our troops. Dont take pride in something you have no envolvement in.
Apocalypto

#11 Trendkill

Trendkill
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:35 AM

Ok....i understand what you are all saying....BUT...the terrorist organization that high-jacked and crashed the planes into the twin towers was led by mr bin laden....public enemy #1? hell yea he is...did we get him? hell yes we did. Im not saying that because he is dead the terrorism will stop, im not saying that at all....theres always gonna be that towel headed pos thats out to make a name for himself and terrorize us.

Its almost like your all saying "DAMN YOU AMERICANS FOR CELEBRATING IN THE STREETS OF NEW YORK!!!!"

Frankly i could give a fk about Obama....i didnt vote for him. Everyones entitled their oppinions but dont go and bash this topic when clearly JP and many other ingame are happy that we have finally got our enemy #1. We are proud of our troops and the sacrifices that are made. Is it about revenge? im sure theres revenge in mind but is it about protecting our country from fk's like him and his organization? YES!

This is my last post on this subject. Im proud of my country and the military men/woman. We set out after an objective and yes it took 10 years but we got him.

Also...who gives a fk about when election is...maybe it happened that way....point in fact is that we got that sob. Should we have dumped him in the ocean? Maybe we should of be-headed him and threw him in the ocean...sounds a little more like bin ladens style huh.

God Bless America, our troops, families of lost loved ones, and all the people that banded together during that horrible day as one. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Sorry if i offended anyone.
...Añd Jústícè Fòr All

#12 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:11 AM

As far as his regime and extremest pos that they are....if they try to pull anything then we'll kill them too. you know why? BECAUSE WE ARE THE MOST POWERFULL COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. At least we didnt just drop a nuclear bomb on them...maybe we should have?.....certainly would of ended our war with a simple push of a button.

Who was extremist again? People like you are the reason why a considerate portion of the world isn't that fond of the US. Of course you then say, that you couldn't care less, which is then another reason all on its own.

An atomic bomb would have ended the war? I think you meant to say "would start WW3", if you think such a blatant act would sit well with all other countries (moot discussion point tho, since your government isn't (that) stupid). If the US would show such disregard to human life, or its allies, then who can say which country would be next. Not to mention dropping an A-Bomb there would most likely not sit to well with it's neighbouring country, China, for starters.

Funny thing, with all humans I reckon, if there are problems, it's the politicians fault (or whoever one can blame) but if it all worked out then suddenly "we" accomplished it. Newsflash, you didn't do all that much.

Of course one can still be 'happy' tho, that Osama was killed, but if anything it's a victory for the supressed and abused people, you get one, although horrific, attack, and claim it to be the enemy of the US, it was an enemy to a lot of people long before that. If I was an american I would have liked to believe it was done foremost for liberation, and second for retaliation.

In any case, consider yourself a citizen of the world foremost, before narrowing it down to continent, country, state, city or even street (in case you're blood, or crip, or w/e).
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#13 Trendkill

Trendkill
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:39 AM

what extremest? how about the suicide bombers?

What i should of said was:

It was all about JUSTICE.
...Añd Jústícè Fòr All

#14 Sandy

Sandy
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:11 AM

I was reading everyone's posts on this subject. When I heard about Osama's death, I was thrilled. I am glad he is dead. There was a $40,000 reward out for him. I hope the Navy Seals who found him get that reward money.

Also, like Crane said, We sent Osama out to sea because of his religious beliefs. We didn't do it for him persay, but more to say that we as Americans will still honor his country and thier beliefs.

Before we sent him out, we did facial recognition and took tissue samples.

And another thing, I don't believe it is because of Obama that we found Osama. I also did not vote for him and wish he was never president. I wanted to elect John McCain. I do not believe that Obama had any qualifications and there is only one reason he was elected president... People thought it was time for "a change". A lot of good that did this country. :s
_Tinderstep

Edited by Sandy, 03 May 2011 - 11:13 AM.

#15 Trendkill

Trendkill
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:51 PM

thank you sandy.
...Añd Jústícè Fòr All

#16 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

As far as his regime and extremest pos that they are....if they try to pull anything then we'll kill them too. you know why? BECAUSE WE ARE THE MOST POWERFULL COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. At least we didnt just drop a nuclear bomb on them...maybe we should have?

what extremest? how about the suicide bombers?

I was referring to your own extremist ideas.

extremist [ɪkˈstriːmɪst]
n
(Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a person who favours or resorts to immoderate, uncompromising, or fanatical methods or behaviour, esp in being politically radical
adj
(Psychology) of, relating to, or characterized by immoderate or excessive actions, opinions, etc.
extremism n

Congratulations, you're an extremist. Are you now going to blow up yourself?
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

#17 Silk

Silk
  • Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:54 PM

Yay obama died!!!!!
Bout time, i mean yeah its been a while since is started but...Meh we as people caused that.
Lets jump back to 9/11 i personally was in high school at the time, a junior i believe i dismissed myself from class called my father and we loaded up the guns and the food and the camo.(this might seem a little extreme eh?)

Damn right its extreme, you have a massive raging fire it takes Massive raging water to extinguish it, you wanna be a nutso whack job muslim extremest? Then prepare to meet the other end of that extreme in billions of pissed off americans.
I mean lets face it noone was against going to war with whoever, Bin laden, Hussein,
Chavez it didnt matter the truth was we were caught sleeping and were rudely awakened from our nice dream, so when we woke up startled and alarmed we started swingging at people.....its the only logical thing to do.

Then we fast forward a couple years, via politics and "War Weariness" interest in Iraq faltered and people had a change of heart lost a brother or a son and their perspectives changed (shame on you) we should have started and not stopped and with every IED that cost us lives of people we loved should have fuled the fire, but no people cry and whine and find themselves staring down the barrel of another Vietnam(far less deadly mind you)

Edit: the first line should read Osama, sorry for the oversight til now

Anyway go our troops, go US, go USA it is truly a great thing.

On a side note or ten people hate america because of one major thing....We've been on this planet as a country for less than 250 years, we have the best of all worlds, we might not be persay the Strongest country in the world but we have enough of everything to do anything we want.)including weight to throw around)

Also Every country in the world that is a major power has had there times of limitless invasions, their chance to rule the world. China, Great Britain, Rome, Napoleonic France, It's our turn, On that same note i learned something the otherday i think explains america.....You may have noticed that alot of countries armed forces Salute...This ofc has gone on a long time, Only Americans Salute with middle and index finger to the brow, the british, french, italian armed forces along with many other countries invert their hands to Palm up when they Salute

Ok now to my point Once your country has suffered defeat in a time of war, and you are forced to surrender, from then on your armed forces Salute Palm up.......
Until that deafeat comes we remain the only world power that salutes palm down.....
We don't lose, we havent lost and to be an American is to never even admit defeat, or lost cause, a trait definately inherited from our mother country England

in closing Osama is dead the WORLD should be rejoicing! I for one am!

#18 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:55 PM

Not exactly - it is Islamic custom to bury a corpse within 24 hours, but doing it at sea is almost unheard of, as most Muslim clerics would tell you. It's generally only done if the person in question died while at sea or there was no-one to claim the body, and even then it's preferable to bury the body in an unmarked grave on some remote island, for example. I'm pretty sure too that there were plenty of people who would gladly claim the body - a distant relative, even a member of Al-Qaeda.

The main reason why his body (as I said, if it even was his body) was buried at sea was so his location could not be easily discovered and made into a terrorist shrine, but at the same time it destroys the only definite proof available. The US says that they performed facial recognition and took tissue samples to confirm he is Osama Bin Laden... well, the latter is only possible if they have a pre-existing sample to compare against - I wonder where and when they managed to acquire such a sample that was definitely his. Facial recognition... possibly more watertight, but then again it depends on how recent the 'known good sample' is - the everyday image we have of Osama Bin Laden is of him in 1998 to 2001... he would have surely greyed by then at the very least.

ADDITIONAL: I don't see how the way one does a salute decides the attitude or the history of the country - it comes across as a non sequitur. May I remind you also that America did actually lose Vietnam, even if many people would insist "no score draw". The other lesson... those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it - every great empire became too big for their boots and most were toppled by being taken out at the core... the greatest tree can be felled by chopping down its roots. In the case of the Romans it was the corruption in the capital and the impracticality of ruling far-away colonies like Britain, the Mongols were eventually pushed back by the Persians and then ravaged by the Black Death, and had a literal Deus Ex Machina while invading Japan in the form of the kamikaze, a pair of timely typhoons that sunk most of their fleet, while Great Britain was bankrupted by World War II (which destroyed the Third Reich as well). Can't any civilisation be happy with what they have already? Either way it can't end well.

Yay obama died!!!!!

You're not the only one to make that slip - a US News outlet did it too!

Edited by Crane, 03 May 2011 - 04:12 PM.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#19 Sandy

Sandy
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:08 PM

I can agree that it does seem kinda strange the way it happend, but I don't think that the U.S government would spend years trying to find him, only to fake his death. What would be the point? To make everyone believe he is dead only so that he can come out of hiding and do it again because no one believes he is alive?
And yes, you are right, we did not want him buried in the ground for that specific reason. Also, which country would want him to be buried in their soil after what he has done. And it doesnt matter if you have grey, blue, green, black or purple hair, Facial recognition goes by symmetry.

#20 Silk

Silk
  • Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:13 PM

Not exactly - it is Islamic custom to bury a corpse within 24 hours, but doing it at sea is almost unheard of, as most Muslim clerics would tell you. It's generally only done if the person in question died while at sea or there was no-one to claim the body, and even then it's preferable to bury the body in an unmarked grave on some remote island, for example. I'm pretty sure too that there were plenty of people who would gladly claim the body - a distant relative, even a member of Al-Qaeda.

The main reason why his body (as I said, if it even was his body) was buried at sea was so his location could not be easily discovered and made into a terrorist shrine, but at the same time it destroys the only definite proof available. The US says that they performed facial recognition and took tissue samples to confirm he is Osama Bin Laden... well, the latter is only possible if they have a pre-existing sample to compare against - I wonder where and when they managed to acquire such a sample that was definitely his. Facial recognition... possibly more watertight, but then again it depends on how recent the 'known good sample' is - the everyday image we have of Osama Bin Laden is of him in 1998 to 2001... he would have surely greyed by then at the very least.

ADDITIONAL: I don't see how the way one does a salute decides the attitude or the history of the country - it comes across as a non sequitur. May I remind you also that America did actually lose Vietnam, even if many people would insist "no score draw". The other lesson... those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it - every great empire became too big for their boots and most were toppled by being taken out at the core... the greatest tree can be felled by chopping down its roots. In the case of the Romans it was the corruption in the capital and the impracticality of ruling far-away colonies like Britain, the Mongols were eventually pushed back by the Persians and then ravaged by the Black Death, and had a literal Deus Ex Machina while invading Japan in the form of the kamikaze, a pair of timely typhoons that sunk most of their fleet, while Great Britain was bankrupted by World War II. Can't anyone be happy with what they have already? Either way it can't end well.

Thank you Crane :P i thought it was gonna take longer than 30 seconds before someone mentioned Vietnam, Vietnam was not a WAR it was a political conflict and i know it sucks that theres a difference but i dont make the rules.

Also the salute doesnt affect the attitude or the history of a country, but more the history and attitude of countries effects the way they salute

Also im not saying that we will never lose, im not saying we wont fall apart at the seams but everything we do up til then, is going to be performed by a country who doesnt know how to lose, and that makes for a very tough opponent.

Edited by Silk, 03 May 2011 - 04:15 PM.

#21 Sandy

Sandy
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:16 PM

[quote name='Crane' post='238382' date='May 3 2011, 04:55 PM' The other lesson... those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it - well.

[I love debates! They are so fun, seeing both sides, watching people get a lil heated...Its all good sportsmanship. :P :) By the way, Kit can go toe to toe with you on history. You guys could make great arguements.

Edited by Sandy, 03 May 2011 - 04:24 PM.

#22 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:17 PM

Thank you Crane :P i thought it was gonna take longer than 30 seconds before someone mentioned Vietnam, Vietnam was not a WAR it was a political conflict and i know it sucks that theres a difference but i dont make the rules.

Last I checked, it was called the "Vietnam War", not the "Vietnam Political Conflict" - then again, does it even matter that there's a difference? Soldiers were sent over to prop up a government that was losing to a communist uprising, military hardware was used, soldiers died, civilians were slaughtered, and for what?

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#23 Trendkill

Trendkill
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:32 PM

One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty AND JUSTICE FOR ALL.
...Añd Jústícè Fòr All

#24 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:57 PM

On a side note or ten people hate america because of one major thing....We've been on this planet as a country for less than 250 years, we have the best of all worlds, we might not be persay the Strongest country in the world but we have enough of everything to do anything we want.)including weight to throw around)

Saying 'we' as a country is a hollow saying. I'm pretty sure your poor do not see it the same as having the best of all worlds.

Top 30 on Human Development Index Ranking

Norway
Australia
Iceland
Canada
Ireland
Netherlands
Sweden
France
Switzerland
Japan
Luxembourg
Finland
United States
Austria
Spain
Denmark
Belgium

http://www.nowpublic...ies-2009-un-hdi

Also Every country in the world that is a major power has had there times of limitless invasions, their chance to rule the world. China, Great Britain, Rome, Napoleonic France, It's our turn, On that same note i learned something the otherday i think explains america.....You may have noticed that alot of countries armed forces Salute...This ofc has gone on a long time, Only Americans Salute with middle and index finger to the brow, the british, french, italian armed forces along with many other countries invert their hands to Palm up when they Salute

Ok now to my point Once your country has suffered defeat in a time of war, and you are forced to surrender, from then on your armed forces Salute Palm up.......
Until that deafeat comes we remain the only world power that salutes palm down.....
We don't lose, we havent lost and to be an American is to never even admit defeat, or lost cause, a trait definately inherited from our mother country England

A two finger salute is also the way they do it in Poland. The palm up is simply the most natural way, and as such is the reason most countries use it. I don't know how you stumbled on your information, but it sounds like bullocks to me.

Who won the Civil War btw? Or doesn't it count if you're slaughtering your own?

in closing Osama is dead the WORLD should be rejoicing! I for one am!

Osama was nothing more then a symbol, he hasn't played an active role in years. If anything, you fuel the fire by giving them a martyr (it's still the right outcome tho, his dead is just not as useful as one would like it to be). It's far to deep rooted, and they work in cells for a reason.

Don't get me wrong, I guess it has to come to this eventually and purely looking at the math, I'm glad he's gone, but you might want to watch that you do not turn into fanatics yourself. Even if it is for your own 'righteous' cause.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

#25 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:06 PM

Indeed; Osama is effectively a real-life Kane now. Maybe Al-Qaeda as we know it will cease to exist, but copycats will continue springing up and causing havoc, and there will be another charismatic figure in time that will take to the podium and rally the disillusioned Middle East and Africa against the American oppressor. If you truly want to stop terrorism, find a way to remove the 'oppressor' image that the US and its allies (including the UK) have developed.

I said earlier that we risk developing a mindset that's dangerously close to the very terrorists we're fighting, but that can often be the fate of 'heroes': you die young, or live long enough to watch yourself become the enemy. Is it a price you want to pay?

Edited by Crane, 03 May 2011 - 05:07 PM.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#26 Trendkill

Trendkill
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:09 PM

again....we brought JUSTICE! All the families of 9/11 and our troops that fought for our country and they did NOT die in vain!

/t Crane you know what we did? we broke the backbone of Al-Qaeda.

Edited by Trendkill, 03 May 2011 - 05:11 PM.

...Añd Jústícè Fòr All

#27 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:11 PM

again....we brought JUSTICE! All the families of 9/11 and our troops that fought for our country and they did NOT die in vain!

I don't mean to be rude, but listen to yourself...

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#28 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:13 PM

They did not die in vain? You're dumber then a box of rocks. You balance their lives on a scale with that of Osama and call it a good deal? mooseing moron. I so hope you're not stereotypical for your country.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

#29 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:20 PM

/t Crane you know what we did? we broke the backbone of Al-Qaeda.

And you think that will end it here? Al-Qaeda doesn't have a backbone as you describe it, because unlike enemy nations, they are decentralised. True, Osama's death may dispel Al-Qaeda as we know it, but if we remain blind, one of two things will happen after that (or even both things)...

1) Splinter cells and descendent groups inspired by Al-Qaeda will live on and continue to attack occasionally, sometimes more successfully than others.

2) The Western world loses sight of its ideals and turns into a police state, if not fanatics themselves. The UK is fast becoming this.

Edited by Crane, 03 May 2011 - 05:21 PM.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#30 Trendkill

Trendkill
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:27 PM

I find the ridiculousness of some people's points laughably pathetic. To start, imagine.
Its a clear morning in London. Two planes streak across the sky slaming into Buckingham Palace and the Parliment building. Another is crashed into a field just outside of the city. There is no warning, no measure of preparedness. Before the day is over, 3000 londoners are dead, and a terrorist group operating under a calculated plan is uncovered. You cannot, with a clear conscience say to me that you would have no remorse, no empathy, no feelings for any of those victims. If you do, I can no longer discuss with you, because it is not merely lack of empathy that you run your life under, but pure apathy. I was merely celebrating the fact that the mastermind of NUMEROUS terrorist plots was assassinated in the vicinity of his own home, in a country that lied to us about his location, by a truly elite members of our military. I'm also pointing out the fact that had the situation occured in a new location, as described in my anecdote, i would not be apathic, i would actually try to give a crap, that's all.

USA FTW.

Edited by Trendkill, 03 May 2011 - 06:33 PM.

...Añd Jústícè Fòr All

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users