Photo

Quest Feedback

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Foxie

Foxie

525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year?

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:41 PM

I hope you guys are all enjoying the halloween quest, alot of time went into it on my part! What i'm looking for is a post from everyone who has taken part. Explaining the following things:

- did you enjoy the quest?
- what didn't you like?
- what did you like?
- are you pissed about absorb?
- how do you feel about the drops?
- how would you have improved the workings of the quest?

Every bit of feedback is helpful! Both good and bad! I need to get working with christmas so if you wish to post item idea like you did with halloween feel free!
On main Azure/Foxie in game.
On 1a Azure, Melody, Faith, Solstice, Wylow, Hope in game.

#2 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:48 PM

Im not all that interested in the quest tbh,
i dont really like the corn maze, it makes you so disorientated lol
erm
I like how its bringing clans together etc..
reckon the absorb is pretty cool, could make the game more interesting..
the drops, what ive heared of them are excellent!

James - 1a Menace.

#3 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:57 PM

Killing the ghosts of the players seems mildly satisfying even if they wish to be helpful. Their death scream scared the living daylights out of me, even though I have heard that sound before, so... nice work on terrifying me!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#4 Foxie

Foxie

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 02:21 PM

the ghosts don't move so they act as landmarks in the maze

#5 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 04:31 PM

Yes, very much. Still do.

- what didn't you like?
That you don't get exp.
(and that i dont receive a million gold everytime i kill a ghostie, but that could go on and on lol, but the thing mentioned above í dont really know why that was made this way.)

- what did you like?
That you aren't able to fully understand the maze, so it kinda doesnt matter if u just got in the maze for the first time, u almost have the same chance of running into a boss.
The diversity of drops.
The team aspect that evolved from it.
Oh and the rat tails bat bloods thingy is fun. Although drop rate is kinda low, which would be oke if you were killing rats anyhow but i don't. But then again the reward is kinda big so it all adds up.

No, loving it. I'm pissed about mage's rounding characters and still able to hide themselves. Thought thieves were the assassinators.

Love em, poison/vamp/absorb, its got it all. Like the mages weapon, although they wont use it for vamp it's still cool to have i reckon.

Hmm not a sane answer right now. I've been away for 3 years but this is definately one of the best quests i've seen.
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#6 Lord_Poseidon

Lord_Poseidon
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:35 PM

I hope you guys are all enjoying the halloween quest, alot of time went into it on my part! What i'm looking for is a post from everyone who has taken part. Explaining the following things:

Every bit of feedback is helpful! Both good and bad! I need to get working with christmas so if you wish to post item idea like you did with halloween feel free!

No.
- what didn't you like?
Losing massive experience due to getting trapped by ktp monsters that beam does 1 hp. damage on while exploring the maze. Exploring again cuz u changed the boss locations. All the work of learning was wasted. That took the value of all my work to learn it the first time. Also, losing all that exp. and gold used for pots/mana took the value out of the effort used to make it.

Nice drops. Sour grapes and jealousy on my part since I spent so much time/exp./gold and got 0!

There is nothing worse than when the rules change. Or your map randomly changes and kills the players. It makes the rules look arbitrary and subject to the whim of the rulesmaker.
What else did I not like? I killed several bosses between my crits and didn't get one drop!
Newer players get nothing, they wouldn't stand a chance.

Well, it doesn't look horrible so far. The ones that got tons of drops I've still managed to pk spell absorb or not. I am pissed that they got lots of drops somehow. I am concerned that they might be able to wear too many spell absorbs and unbalance things between mage vs. mage.

- what did you like?
The ghost of players was really cool. It was fun killing the ghosts of those I didn't like and fun seeing the ones of my friends. The maze concept and ghost markers was good.(not the changing part though)

Staff acts like they want to attract new players. Would be nice if there was a lower level capped area where a newb might survive. I'd also do away with mid-quest changes that kill people.

#7 Neikan1

Neikan1
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:39 PM

really good quest i enjoy it alot deffinetly like the absord stuff chakra is a natural born pimp now with it don't like that the giant is a ktp monster that gives no exp.....i think it should since u gotta kill it to pass besides that no other real complaints about it I want to thank you emma for your hard work you put into this quest i can't get a single monster to solo caz everyone is takin part in it and thats great!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work staffers

Edited by Neikan1, 28 October 2007 - 05:41 PM.

#8 Foxie

Foxie

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:44 PM

the quest is based on trick or treat .... most bosses have nice experience and low hp with nice drops giving you all a chance. However every treat has a trick... that would be the giant!

#9 lish

lish
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:49 PM

yep when ever i could get on to play it it was intresting
- what didn't you like?
the place its at im a direction nub :ph34r: cant get any where so would have prefered it in like grassy meadows or something
- what did you like?
the drops nd killing the ghosts ;)
nope
their good but wish tehy could be for all classes cause every time i get a drop can never use it on my main
not moving the thigns around so much nd making it more intens like haveing a mosh arena in there or something

Edited by lish, 28 October 2007 - 05:50 PM.

#10 Shapeshifter

Shapeshifter
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:00 PM

Loving the quest, definitely enjoying how the bosses move, and the constant teleporting, makes things interesting and keeps things confuzing, capturing the real aspect of the maze.

As for items for christmas, you can back up with the others from long ago, to last year.

Stocking
Stocking full of Coal
Candycane
Pandicane
Santa hat
Mrs. Santa outfit (Azure's equip, dont know if its staff exclusive or not)
Ring of Noel
Ring of Mistletoe
Ornament of Season's Greetings

Just to name a few.

And all the items from Trevayne's awesome Xmas Quest '06.

(Specks)
Rose Quartz
Topaz
Peridot
Beryl
Azurite

(Rewards)
Glacial Crown
Kiss of the North
Arctic Cutlass
Eternal Night
Holly Wreath

(Courtesy of Trevayne himself for the list of items)
Shapeshifter

"Slow Your Roll" << Sobe Cap

#11 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:44 AM

Did you enjoy it?

Yes, very much so. The pks of the beginning and the constant thrill of getting randomly stuck at giant when making a wrong turn is nice.

What didn't you like?
Some drops are more frequent and better than others.

What did you like?
Teleport squares is a nice feature, made mapping it hard till I found out how it worked. The uniqueness of the drops.

Are you pissed about absorb?
The fact that .06 absorb is pretty easy to get, yeah, but aslong as the max absorb possible ever is .1, I'll be happy.

How did you feel about the drops?
Unique, decently easy to get some solo (although time consuming, which I feel is a good trade off).

How would you impove on the working of the quest?
I would've chose to make only the scarecrow ktp, since it's much easier than other bosses and with full pots, an attacker might have a chance of soloing.

#12 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:58 AM

Like- Yes, it is difficult, rewarding, random as hell, and has an item description i wrote.
Dislike-The random placing of bosses. At least make some hard to find (P.S- I can go anywhere and know where I am, and Im not kidding)
Absorb-who cares, only makes like a 2 pt difference...we argued for weeks for 2 pts. awesome job
Drops-I like, cept trident is useless
What would I change-placement of bosses, they are by far the most ridiculous thing. they are so easy to find sometimes. I think multiple mazes would have been kool....like one for each boss.....mage drop in dendeya maze, bane drop in harabec, thief drop in rh, ring drop in nm. and 3k for candy....def trick not treat

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#13 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:10 AM

Absorb-who cares, only makes like a 2 pt difference...we argued for weeks for 2 pts. awesome job

To me, it's not the impact it would make (as you can see, it's almost no impact at all). It's the fact staff used their time making it when it doesn't do much but make mages damage look funny (which I admit, I do enjoy looking at).

Since this is a reply to someone elses post, and not feedback of the quest, feel free to delete it if need be.

#14 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:31 AM

The vault contains: 4x Bats Blood, Bone Meal, Candy Corn, Carapace Bracers, Demon Horns, Devil Spandex, Diabolic Trident, Dragonbane, Frankenstein Fizzys, Frankenstein Head, Ghost Shroud, Ghoul Gummies, 2x Haunted Bangle, Monster Mallows, 2x Phantasmal Bracelet, 11x Pumpkin Bomb, 3x Pumpkin Chunks, Pumpkin Head, Pumpkin Pop, Ring of the Demonics, Skeleton Skull, Skeleton Suit, Witch Mask.

one of each item in quest.........forgot rats tail /cry.........The Pumpkin Bomb exploded, killing Superbeast. Superbeast was resurrected here after being killed by a Pumpkin Bomb. should count as pk :ph34r:

Edited by Throwback, 29 October 2007 - 08:55 AM.

#15 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:07 PM

Firstly, I loved playing around on it on and off this weekend.
Saw 10 or so monsters die and got no randoms til someone took pity and threw me a bangle on my birthday ty again! =-D

There was nothing I didn't like tbh, it was well thought out and the annoyances were more than balanced by the rewards.

I loved the way it brought whoever was online together to fight the bosses. Every single player I came across worked with me to beat them (with the exception of Jordan on Freek), but even his account partners worked together with us too :ph34r:

Everyone knows in all honesty absorb was needed but I'm yet to see how much of an effect it is having.

The drops are all beneficial to have and cool, good work in making them desirable but not overpowering ;)

How would I have improved the workings of the quest? No idea, I'm enjoying it how it is. Ty Emma, great work :)

#16 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:56 PM

You were killed by a Bandit (furthest i got)

- what didn't you like?
People been anal towards others (esp. clan allies as you really cant expect much from enemies) and not helpin each other

- what did you like?
The thought that something has been put into game, but a thought is as far as it got

No, esp with 6/4 stam mages around....

see above

Removed the KTP from Harabec gatehouse for the duration of the quest

- Every bit of feedback is helpful! Both good and bad! I need to get working with christmas so if you wish to post item idea like you did with halloween feel free!

make it somewhere you dont need to kill a tough monster to be able to look at. encourage clans to work together rather than just the few people in a certain clique

#17 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:09 AM

" encourage clans to work together rather than just the few people in a certain clique"

Ya good luck with that one ! :ph34r:
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#18 ketchup

ketchup
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 04:13 AM

thank you for the quest, enjoyed it :ph34r:

1alt : Titan / Viper / Exellency / Rampage. Main : Predator / Frostie

#19 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:37 AM

it still has week to go

#20 Animosity

Animosity
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:28 AM

dragonbane should be magical.
ÄñïMö§íTÝ owns you.gg owned thx k bai.
Posted Image

#21 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:40 PM

Judge of Behavior
Armor base: 0, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, Description: The very globe with which Santa uses to judge who has been naughty or nice is wrapped in Mistletoe and blessed by the Christmas Spirit. Those that possess this key to the unseen have the unique ability to see more than they are supposed to.Level needed to equip it: 1, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Absorb spell: 0.
Santa's Hat
Armor base: 2, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, paladins, rangers, Description: Santa's Cap is warm and made of wool. Festive and colorful, Santa's hat leaves the wearer much happier and warmer.Level needed to equip it: 1, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 1, Absorb spell: 0.
Reindeer Rack
Armor base: 4, Can be worn by: druids, Description: Stolen from Santa's loyal team of Reindeer, these antlers seem to carry with them a magical aura. Adorning these gives only those that are one with nature more expertise at mending wounds., Level needed to equip it: 20, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 1, Absorb spell: 0.
Holiday Doublet
Armor base: 42, Can be worn by: clerics, paladins, Description: Blessed by those that believe in the Holiday Spirit, the Holiday Doublet has the very hearts of the believers intertwined into its seams. The doublet offers considerable armor to those that have proven themselves to the Spirit Himself., Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Absorb spell: 0.
Holiday Charm
Armor base: 5, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves,, Description: Embodied by a ruby-like gem, the Holiday Charm is a definite eye catcher. The stone offers great protection as exemplified by Santa's Helpers in ability to crack it with there tools.Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Absorb spell: 0.

Spyglass/Holly Wreath/Antlers/Azure Robes/Hades Amulet were all used. didn't know santa hat existed blah :ph34r: (didnt read above haha)

Edited by Throwback, 09 November 2007 - 03:44 PM.

#22 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 03:48 PM

Mammoth Boots
Armor base: 6, Can be worn by:: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves , Description: These boots are made from wool of the slain Mammoth and a golden pair of boots. The fur, that once protected the Mammoth from the winter chill, now offers more protection than the normal boots themselves., Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Absorb spell: 0.

Mammoth Wool
Description: Sheared from the carcass of the wooly mammoth, the mammoth wool is soft and warm. Once the protection of the great beast, its now nothing more than discarded hair. Type of item: Doesn't do anything special, or is a key.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users