New Way To Get Coliseum Tokens

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:42 AM

As it is now you must run into a colisuem boss of your class x amount of times for your tokens of lvl.
30-31-1 token
31-32-2 tokens
32-33-3 tokens

etc etc

would there be a way to get one token that is worth more than a single try that is costs more to attempt?
say you going 32-33 which requires three 100k entry fees and successful killing of the boss for your tokens. What if say at a 125% increase in rate you can get tokens worth more than just one.
30-31-100k
31-32-250k(125k per token but one trip instead of two, token now has a 2 token value)
32-33-375k(same deal)

now in order for this to work, the guards at each can now present the players with an entry question, "how many tokens are we playing for?" then a command can be given by the npc ./try 2 or ./try 3(3 token value)
This may sound lazy and we would only have to kill the boss once which would eliminate lots of the time needed to level, but with the required amounts of people to take down the boss (we need at least 2 cleric-8 hitters) it is sometimes hard to find enough people on to be able to go. So if your lvl 32 and need 3 tokens, it could be weeks before your schedule aligns with the rest of the player base and you can level.

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#2 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 05:16 PM

Supported.

Although I believe from the 2nd level up, it should start at 225k (350k, 475k, ect) instead of 250k

If need be I'll explain my reasoning, I'll trust others can find out why for themselves.

#3 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:20 PM

Wow... it's quite a heavy price either way. Thing is, it takes longer to gain the required experience to the next level, so if you prepare in advance, one should have the tokens required to level before the experience bar turns red.

I'm a little indifferent about it, but exactly what will players have to kill to gain a level 32 token or a level 33 token? There aren't enough Coliseum bosses to go around, I don't think, and the thing about asking/answering a question at the entrance gate sounds like far too complicated to program (source code and monster/grid programming) if it's all wrapped into a couple of squares and one boss monster. Besides, what's stopping a group of players killing something like the Demilich, getting another 100k and stocking up on mana again, then going to fight it again almost immediately?
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#4 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:13 PM

that is the point at lvl's past 35 if say demilich is still required to be defeated once per token, it will take upwards of 6 trips at 15+ minutes per trip or 1 1/2 hours for one person. Add to that the trip to tirantek and your looking at 1 3/4-2+ hours just to lvl.

#5 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:53 PM

I think there should be a different system from level 35 onwards :ph34r:

#6 Ghost_Wolf

Ghost_Wolf
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:07 PM

...oh..no...i don't support this in the least bit. Think here for a moment. You want to bump the price of the token value up right? so say you go in and you have to lvl to 32, you need 2 tokens. you pay the double price to go up and kill the boss. if they bump the vaule of the token, dont you think they will bump the difficulty of the boss as well?!?!?!?!?! It is hard enough to get the required tokens by killing the crap as is, dont give anyone a reason to make it 50% harder. We cant find the people to do half of the bosses, some of us have to wait a week to 2 weeks just to go and get one token. Not supported.

I dont know about a new lvl system past 35.i do agree that getting the 5 tokens at 100k each plus what pots/mana required gets to be a bit much, and some of us are reaching the goal of lvl 40. Something like a trip to an area designed for your class to kill a boss that drops an item for you to lvl that might work. Just a thought though.
Link-Nepharious_Niassey (Main)

Love is a 36' carbon tip chainsaw and rib spreaders....nuff said.

#7 XxDarkAlliancexX

XxDarkAlliancexX
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:11 PM

I don't agree that anyone is reaching the goal of lvl 40 on 1a, considering no one is even to 1 bill exp yet....

I do agree however that a new system is needed for 35+....
My mage is red for 33... but its a pain to get 100k per token+ another 30kish mana per token....
not to mention the time it takes making this gold, getting a party together, collecting mana, killing demi, then the trip to tirantedk... massive time consumption....

I would dread having to pay 1 mill for lvl 40, + mana cost, + actually killing the lich 10 times!
New system is def. needed.
Posted Image

#8 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:16 PM

Currently, only guilds for 31-35 are open on 1a. We've not yet decided on a system of requirements for 36+, but it will almost certainly be different from the system for 31-35.

Also, note that the system for 31-35 is different from the system for 36+ on multi.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#9 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:09 PM

i suggested this for levels lower than 35. even lvl 33 and 3 tokens is time consuming thats why i posted this. yes the difference could be a lot different for lvl 35+ but that is not here or now.

#10 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 04:42 AM

I don't agree that anyone is reaching the goal of lvl 40 on 1a, considering no one is even to 1 bill exp yet....

ALMOST.. But im lazy :ph34r:
Freek ingame.

#11 XxDarkAlliancexX

XxDarkAlliancexX
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 06:29 PM

noob and lazy r 2 diff things jordan :ph34r: ur just noob
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users