Museam

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 dec

dec
  • Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 10:43 PM

Since it got changed it was firstly pretty cool, i was like cool im getting 400 gold of these things, but it seems to be me and a few others i ve asked is that the MAS hit too many times. I would think that 3-4 attacks at a time would be high enough 5 is just mad. Non-paci crits are going to be dragging scarabs all of the place and paci's are gonna get themselves whooped.

Any thoughts?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
In Soviet Russia
Poem write you!

Belzabar in-game

#2 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 01:43 AM

then pacifists should be removed from game or deal with it
Page/Memo Beatrix

#3 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 01:57 AM

5 times in 10 seconds is a bit much, considering before it was just once. 3 or 4 times sounds a bit more reasonable.

Pacifists are here to stay, by the way, especially now my new area has opened.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#4 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:09 AM

People who are going to complain about an area would do well to spell the name of it correctly.

The mods very rarly hit in the first place. Then, when they do hit, it is for a small ammount around 30. So for a pacifist (with their even more rarity of being hit, and their high armor, and high hp) them hitting a couple more times shouldn't be any problem.

Maybe the idea is to get pacifists in the museum to actually pay attention, some may even have to use their other spells (aside from DU) :X Who could ever expect a solo crit to need to pay attention to the box in the slightest bit or need to use more than 1 ability!

Just my comments and opinions, peace.
-Gaddy
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#5 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:29 AM

More gold = more hits/more dmg

Less gold = less hits/less dmg

You don't get both less dmg and more gold. Not like the game isn't easy enough already.
I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#6 dec

dec
  • Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 09:41 AM

People who are going to complain about an area would do well to spell the name of it correctly.

The mods very rarly hit in the first place. Then, when they do hit, it is for a small ammount around 30. So for a pacifist (with their even more rarity of being hit, and their high armor, and high hp) them hitting a couple more times shouldn't be any problem.

Maybe the idea is to get pacifists in the museum to actually pay attention, some may even have to use their other spells (aside from DU) :X Who could ever expect a solo crit to need to pay attention to the box in the slightest bit or need to use more than 1 ability!

Just my comments and opinions, peace.
-Gaddy

I was using subdue and it was working fine but when it wears off, unless you have any stamina left, there is a good chance of getting killed before you can do anything.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
In Soviet Russia
Poem write you!

Belzabar in-game

#7 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 12:27 PM

Theres nowt wrong with the mas's.... its the damn floor-hopping scarabs and arrowheads that are most annoying to pacis

#8 Dc

Dc
  • Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 12:50 PM

i just logged on my paci that i keep in the museum, and i also think that they attack too much. it is like you are constantly being attacked. i agree that once in 10 seconds was not enough for the ammount of gold that you got, but if it was left at 350 gold and they attacked twice, or maybe even 3 times in 10 seconds, then it would be fine. i believe that is reasonabl, or for 400 gold, a maximum of 4 times every 10 seconds.

my paci is lvl 26 right now, and he almost got owned extra bad by one MAS. this was mostly cause i was not expecting the full on attack like that and wasted all my stamina casting depurate undead instead of healing, but still i should not have been attacked down to 25hp from 231 by the time my stamina was raised back up.

Edited by Dc, 28 June 2004 - 12:52 PM.

I believe in the Triune God;God the Father, the Son , and the Holy Spirit.I believe that while I was helpless and sinful, Christ died for me. Therefore, I now have the righteousness of God, old things have passed away and I am a child of God. I cannot be separated from the love of God, Christ lives in my heart by faith and therefore, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I have been chosen by God and appointed to bear fruit for God. I resist the devil and he flees from me.

#9 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 03:16 PM

I think they should hit harder/faster yet.

#10 Quark

Quark
  • Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 03:24 PM

they are still too easy, they dont need no changing unless making them harder, the main point of the change was to 'slow down' gold entering the game by making them harder to kill and harder to survive...

making it harder for pacifists to survive makes it harder for pacis to sit in there for weeks and months on end generating more and more gold without no threat to themselves...

#11 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:26 PM

For alt users, they are easy, but for solo Pacifists, they are a nightmare. Before, we used to be able to relax, gain some gold and talk and role-play. Now it is so dangerous, we can't do that... we have to keep watching ourselves. Pacifists did have to earn the right to train in there by buying the Museum Key and the Stair Key 1 (if they weren't strong enough to fight the Mummy).

You have to remember, some of the Pacifists use only Pacifists and own no other crits - the museum is their territory. Some of us log on our Pacifists in the museum to chill out a bit, but still do something useful. If the area is made to suit primarily alt-users, I'm sure you'll lose a fair number of players. Not all areas of the game have to be hard.

Why must so many people hate Pacifists? Because they gain too much gold? If you really think so, try using one yourselves... believe me, they don't gain gold as quickly as some people say.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#12 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:55 PM

make em 10x harder (just as long as they drop more gold) I dont care I can round em :)
Page/Memo Beatrix

#13 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:58 PM

But what about the Pacifists who are by themselves? A lot of them can barely survive them in their present state. Even the Archmasters struggle.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#14 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:01 PM

Before, we used to be able to relax, gain some gold and talk and role-play. Now it is so dangerous, we can't do that... we have to keep watching ourselves.

That is how it's supposed to be. It's a haunted museum. Not a theme park with a target range.
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#15 dec

dec
  • Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:26 PM

make em 10x harder (just as long as they drop more gold) I dont care I can round em :)

so you will be able to round them when they get harder and harder until they can beat the piss outta most crits, yeah thats smart
Roses are red
Violets are blue
In Soviet Russia
Poem write you!

Belzabar in-game

#16 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:30 PM

well then ppl should just better take clan trips there I suppose :)
Page/Memo Beatrix

#17 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:34 PM

actually they should take 5 hours for a party of 25 spelled arch rangers and drop 4mil gold each
Page/Memo Beatrix

#18 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:40 PM

what they mean stotic is if a mod hits for full which it will do if if your main spell runs out in the middle of the fight (and those who say it wont STFU because half of you run on crits that you buy your full armor a paci gets theirs from their spells mainly) at five attack of 30 dmg which by jlhs post they are set at they will have hit you for 450 points dmg in 30 secs, I have five attacks that will hit at the most I have even heard about 103 hp that is possible 515 points dmg now we remove two of that to heal very fast and one to recast subdue that leaves us two hits possible meaning if i dont fizzle 203 p dmg,

Now the next round the dmg is halfed on the Mods so lets cut that in half shall we 225hp and mods rarely miss a paci even with their spells. so on a lvl 28 paci with a one off con. since the vast majority of dont have 5 stats and 4 stats arent that usal to have the stats in the right places. with a hp of 264 he will be left in that round with 39 hp.

he now has to heal all the way up that same paci heals 78 hp a heal with his best heal spell to heal all the way to full he has to now use three heals. so again 203 dmg ppssible with out a fizzle.

with a hp of 1000 that means to kill a mod you would need 5 rounds to kill it that is 50 secs not adding the time i have to use to heal. Now shall i throw a arrow head in the mix because one of the alt users will have dragged one in by now.

Edited by Lich, 28 June 2004 - 07:47 PM.

Grave digger when you dig my grave, make it shallow so I can feel the rain.

#19 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 10:40 PM

Well, with all the complaints I was getting getting nosey about how bad these sculptures really were so I was foolish enough to decide to go and look with the mage and a ranger I had down on the first floor... *meek smile* Not the best of plans I can safely say ^^;;

Sad to say Charon won't be in there for a good long while though, because she would get easily slaughtered even if I strategise as Lich did there... 89 damage max per hit, and a salve of 60ish drastically increases those kill-or-be-killed round times for me I'm afraid ^^
When I get bother my friend to get Curunir back... or borrow him back... either/or, either way perhaps I shall return and infuriate you all ^_^
Though I can see that 'scarab tag' may be a little bit of a bad idea... I might have to refrain from my old game :)

Oh tja... on that note, sorry for the scarabs I took up... I couldn't lose them, and I can truly understand that they aren't welcome up there anymore :)
And I hope someone up there is having fun with all the money I understand is being collectively dropped ;) ... my donation to the artist may not be as great as the ones some of you have made, but at least I did my part :wub:

Good luck to those of you able to brave the newer, more haunted museum...
Shame to hear the target range is gone, but I was never allowed to play anyway... pacifist, you see... wouldn't let me equip the gun... :)
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#20 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 12:49 AM

I think it should go back to normal, maybe attacking TWICE as often, and maybe lowering the gold to 300.

#21 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 12:52 AM

I am over the moon the Musuem has been modified to be made harder. It's a quest area for the strongest healing spell in the game, it should be that way.

Meanwhile, complaining that you have less stamina left to attack is invalidated by the fact that, a single one pacifists attack (Depurate Undead), more often than not, does more damage than two attacks from any class that doesn't use heal as it's primary method of training, the only chance of a failed attacked being a fizzle. No chance of dodging, no chance of counterspelling, no change of being absorbed by armor. At times, people would be lucky to deal a third of the damage with an attack that a pacifist deals with one single cast of Depurate Undead.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#22 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:31 AM

Maybe if pacifist didn't look at the 2nd floor as their own little gold making place they'd see it for what it is suppose to be...

It's a training area for clerics, pallys, and other healers---healers who are doing a quest where they get a museum key, a stair key 1, then continue though and get the best healing spell in game (as deval said)...

Now then, You'd dare to say the 2nd floor is (for pacis) YOUR area? to make gold and screw around....that's why I am glad it's been changed.

I've been to zeum so long that it makes my head spin..then a paci will come along casting subdue on my alts, stealing my kills, and talking crap to me? I can't do anything to stop him, he's not breaking any rules...

This is why I, once, took every alt I thought would survive to 3rd floor and drug down enough arrowheads to keep every paci out of the 2nd floor...it made it hard for cleric trainers too..but this is back when people didn't want me after them so when I'd said not to hit them...they just logged off or dealt with it. (this was just for a few hours).

It is part of a quest area that pacis started using to make an ammount of gold that is unfair for something that cannot be stopped to be able to make. Well of course you don't like it, you don't know what Nightmist was like before the pacis were here. Fking don't even know what it was like when I started, arches tracking me around town and killing me, getting to the inn before I knew what way was what and tracking some more...while I am level 15. Sure, complained some...but you make it seem like you've been done some kind of unjustice by the area being modified to keep people from simply sitting around doing nothing...train in the rax or something, use your paci to explore rather than to get 2 billion exp on and millions of gold.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#23 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 08:31 AM

Now that the museum is not a viable place for most Pacifists now, a lot of them have migrated to the Underground Barracks and Illuminated Tunnels, and I know that will not go down too well with some people. At least they were out of the way in the Museum.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#24 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 09:17 AM

My paci managed to survive zeum.. with it not being the greatest. Just be sure to keep yourself subdue'd and try leaving stam to heal yourself. It owrks wonders.
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#25 Teh_Fluff

Teh_Fluff
  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:53 PM

/t Gaddy

I do not really use the museum to massively make money, I do use it to train however so that I can then use my paci to explore and won't have to worry about dying so easily while doing the said exploring and if I make a little money a long the way so what? Not all of the people who go to train in the museum are evil little bastards who want to amass millions to try to better their pking alts or whatever, sure I admit I will use some of the money to equip some of my other characters with better but I do not intend on buying ANY weapons with the money I make on my pacifist at all. So for those of us who do not intend to abuse the area we have to suffer as well? However I have not logged on much into the museum since the change but I just had to reply to you for once, I also intend to try and RP with my pacifist sometime, actually try to improve said RPing as I am not so good at it currently and all =), well anyways I'll shut up now and let you all continue pregnant dog and moan.

Love long lost, never to love again, forever to be alone.
Creator of All Things Fluffy

#26 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:42 PM

Maybe if pacifist didn't look at the 2nd floor as their own little gold making place they'd see it for what it is suppose to be...

It's a training area for clerics, pallys, and other healers---healers who are doing a quest where they get a museum key, a stair key 1, then continue though and get the best healing spell in game (as deval said)...

Now then, You'd dare to say the 2nd floor is (for pacis) YOUR area? to make gold and screw around....that's why I am glad it's been changed.

I've been to zeum so long that it makes my head spin..then a paci will come along casting subdue on my alts, stealing my kills, and talking crap to me? I can't do anything to stop him, he's not breaking any rules...

This is why I, once, took every alt I thought would survive to 3rd floor and drug down enough arrowheads to keep every paci out of the 2nd floor...it made it hard for cleric trainers too..but this is back when people didn't want me after them so when I'd said not to hit them...they just logged off or dealt with it. (this was just for a few hours).

It is part of a quest area that pacis started using to make an ammount of gold that is unfair for something that cannot be stopped to be able to make. Well of course you don't like it, you don't know what Nightmist was like before the pacis were here. Fking don't even know what it was like when I started, arches tracking me around town and killing me, getting to the inn before I knew what way was what and tracking some more...while I am level 15. Sure, complained some...but you make it seem like you've been done some kind of unjustice by the area being modified to keep people from simply sitting around doing nothing...train in the rax or something, use your paci to explore rather than to get 2 billion exp on and millions of gold.

oh my gosh owned lololol
Page/Memo Beatrix

#27 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 06:48 PM

/t Gaddy

I do not really use the museum to massively make money, I do use it to train however so that I can then use my paci to explore and won't have to worry about dying so easily while doing the said exploring and if I make a little money a long the way so what? Not all of the people who go to train in the museum are evil little bastards who want to amass millions to try to better their pking alts or whatever, sure I admit I will use some of the money to equip some of my other characters with better but I do not intend on buying ANY weapons with the money I make on my pacifist at all. So for those of us who do not intend to abuse the area we have to suffer as well? However I have not logged on much into the museum since the change but I just had to reply to you for once, I also intend to try and RP with my pacifist sometime, actually try to improve said RPing as I am not so good at it currently and all =), well anyways I'll shut up now and let you all continue pregnant dog and moan.

I <3 ya Justin, not saying all pacis are evil
....I know plenty who help me all the time. (casting JZ so I can log my mains when someone trys to hit me up, healing when I've logged out my clerics and go around on hitters for a while--which is dumb that they survive without me needing to heal them, won't with this change, and several other things).

However, the zeum isn't the only place to train a healer. Nor are the rax and the illuminated tunnels...there are MUCH better places to train if you are able to keep them from dealing huge damage to you (which only pacis can tbh), pacis should be the explorers who find these and make them places where they later take their regular crits. Some of the places would probably take at least 3 pacis though...I didn't say they were kind places just...other places ;-)

#28 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 07:28 PM

Heh Did you mean with a party?

If not, I didn't know you could do 167 damage for 6 stam.
Si Senior!

#29 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 02:12 PM

I dun like this at all :'-(.

Now I can only make 30k a day.

#30 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 03:51 PM

...I make roughly 10k a day on Squee (including costs of mana)...you people should stop complaining about being rich. :)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users