New Paci Area

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#1 Short

Short
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:54 AM

the new area is great, lots of new enemies and places to explore, but i see only one problem with it, none of the monster are dropping enough gold to make that big of a difference. Most pacis end up living off of tributes while out training or earning money and while down in the pyramid you run out of mana fast and your left with the little gold you got to tribute. I would really like to make it down to the boss to at least try for the drop but i dont think its possible to make it because we run out of mana before we make it that far. hopefully staff will see this and maybe shed a lil light on my situation.

#2 Chewbob

Chewbob
  • Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 09:06 AM

Try taking some gold with you.

#3 Esthalan

Esthalan
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 09:26 AM

Try taking some gold with you.

Yeah sure... let's explore the new deathtrap area with 100k on it.....

Should make it more exciting.....

:)

#4 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 09:31 AM

I heard you need a token coin of cyric to enter, but you only get that by killing the wounded druid... I thought paci's couldn't attack :)
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#5 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 10:13 AM

i have like seven of those i will have to put them on the site now
Grave digger when you dig my grave, make it shallow so I can feel the rain.

#6 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 10:35 AM

I heard you need a token coin of cyric to enter, but you only get that by killing the wounded druid... I thought paci's couldn't attack  :)

Then they shall need to use their skills in communication and friendship to get the item.

Keep us posted with the gold situation; maybe as you get further into the area you can gain more from the monsters there? Or have you guys already been all the way through? lol

#7 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 10:42 AM

Only problem I see with it, is the co-developer has put a bunch of coins on the site for 1k each when he isn't meant to have any association with the area at all for 2 weeks.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#8 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 10:47 AM

The item was stolen and the owner was killed for it, pathetic pacifist you are if you use such an item.

I went in there, first floor, with GP on you can just kill and do what you want. Found mummifyd slave leader, someone else stole my drop tho :) And then i got bored, but i don't like pacifists to begin with. But for people who do it's a cool area to run around in.
Angelus ingame.

#9 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 10:49 AM

Only problem I see with it, is the co-developer has put a load of coins on the site for 1k each when he isn't meant to have any association with the area at all for 2 weeks.

He did? They are not there, (minutes after you posted).
I guess someone bought them, I'll ask him not to but can hardly get mad at the maker of such an area :)

#10 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 10:55 AM

Haven't ventured too far, but other than a few typos, area looks pretty cool so far.

:)
~amy
~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#11 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 11:00 AM

Please do /bug any typos along with any other errors :)

#12 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 11:01 AM

Only problem I see with it, is the co-developer has put a load of coins on the site for 1k each when he isn't meant to have any association with the area at all for 2 weeks.

He did? They are not there, (minutes after you posted).
I guess someone bought them, I'll ask him not to but can hardly get mad at the maker of such an area :)

I told Pandilex about it, he may have done it. Either that, or they have all been bought, a heap of people have been buying them.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#13 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 11:13 AM

I am happy, I have killed that druid alot and I have those tokens all over all my crits.

#14 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 11:57 AM

I've been getting a lot of pages on how bad the gold is in there. JLH has modified a lot of the monsters to make them harder. But the second floor was designed to have gold in it so a Pacifist can make more or less similar money as in the museum. But I hear they are struggling to survive.

Only problem I see with it, is the co-developer has put a bunch of coins on the site for 1k each when he isn't meant to have any association with the area at all for 2 weeks.

Forgive me for that - it won't happen again.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#15 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 01:34 PM

This area is meant to be do-able with one Pacifist... I hear that armies of 6 and 7 are having too much trouble on the 1st floor, the Tomb of the Peasants.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#16 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 01:49 PM

I was just with one paci, with GP and subdue its do-able
Angelus ingame.

#17 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 01:53 PM

Sounds like it's going to take skill to complete.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#18 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 02:38 PM

Sounds like it's going to take skill to complete.

That's what I want... the fact that it takes skill to complete. But the monster's toughness and their low gold drops make it near impossible.

Edited by Crane, 27 June 2004 - 02:39 PM.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#19 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 02:39 PM

We deleted an ibis statue's spell as it was bugged
Mummified Pharaoh increased gold from 5k to 10k
Imperial Mummy increased gold from 500 to 700
ibis statue increased gold from 90 to 300
Mummified Slave Leader made to attack more often
+1dext added to shaman's mask

Hope this addition of gold and improving of the final prize will challenge you still but stop people giving up so easily.

Go get them :)

#20 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 02:45 PM

That looks much better... the first floor is still tough, and may require teamwork, but once you get onto the second floor, things should be better.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#21 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 03:33 PM

Truly amazing. I'm blown away by this Crane. I don't have a pacifist so I can't explore it but I can just imagine how great this area must be.

Kudos. :)

(Staff, can we expect more 1-alt areas? I think there already was a discussion on the feasability of this but I can't remember.)
Posted Image

#22 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 03:44 PM

(Staff, can we expect more 1-alt areas? I think there already was a discussion on the feasability of this but I can't remember.)

Not staff, but I do remember the thread. It isn't actually possibly with the current system - We can only hope for the future though.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#23 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 04:18 PM

I'm interested to hear how far people get, and who gets the first Shaman's Mask.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#24 Shane

Shane
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 06:49 PM

Well the problem I had on my arch paci last night was ppl running around not killing monsters but dragging them to others that were trying to kill them. I take it that these ppl dragging are in a hurry to run to the boss and get the drop. A group of pacis gathered together at the slave leader and we still had slight problems with lack of mana. I have a suggestion but I am unsure if it can be done in only the paci area. Make it so paci's can party up just in that area. I think this would make it easier to work together seeing as last night working together helped greatly.

"Before my time is done I will look down upon your corpse and smile!"

#25 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 07:05 PM

It's hard-coded... Pacifists cannot party up.

The 1st floor requires teamwork, and probably a bit more gold; the 2nd floor is a small fund-raising area, and needs teamwork again to kil the Pharaoh (JLH made it self-healing). The final floor is designed in a way for single crits only, due to the "scavenger hunt" puzzle down there.

The trouble is, JLH made most of the mini-bosses self-healing so single Pacifists cannot take them on. And I've noticed that the Modern Art Sculptures in the museum have been toughened and their gold reduced.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#26 Short

Short
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 07:10 PM

i dont think they should team up, following works just fine. i do think that mummfied slaves should drop more than 90 gold for all the trouble that they give us tho. otherwise this area provides good entertainment, its good to get constructive criticism on this subject tho. keep up the good work gareth

#27 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 07:12 PM

A group of pacis gathered together at the slave leader and we still had slight problems with lack of mana.

Lmao, i killed it with like 7 crystals, solo...
Angelus ingame.

#28 Silver_Dragoness

Silver_Dragoness
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 07:12 PM

I went there with my Paci.......the first floor is really hard. I died less than 5 min from a Scarab thingy. As for the Zeum.....what the heck with decreasing the gold the mods drop?

"suddenly i heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door"

Naamah - Main

Tyrelline - 1A

#29 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:49 PM

The Modern Art Sculptures now drop 400 gold, have 1000 HP and hit 5 times as fast... deadly art!

Back to the area - JLH is not changing the monsters as of yet; he wants people to map out the area and see how far they get. Keep commenting here about what you come across as well. If no-one is able to get the mask at all, if there isn't enough gold or mana to survive, or it just gets plain boring after a while, then something needs changing.

I'm supporting the fact that the first and second floor (for those who have gotten that far) may need teamwork to conquer. I've heard that some people can do the first floor alone, but the second floor does require combined efforts, so I've heard.

Edited by Crane, 27 June 2004 - 09:21 PM.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#30 Shane

Shane
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 09:03 PM

A group of pacis gathered together at the slave leader and we still had slight problems with lack of mana.

Lmao, i killed it with like 7 crystals, solo...

I prolly could have soloed it also, that is if ppl werent running around dragging numorous monsters along with them.

"Before my time is done I will look down upon your corpse and smile!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users