Necromancer

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 09:26 AM

Ok. I have posted this once before, about the Necromancers, but I don't think I did a very good job last time. So I'll try again.

Description:

A Necromancer is a member of a clan of mages who study the origin of life. Through their studies, they have determined where life originally began. They withhold this information from the general public, feeling it would be abused far too often for them to control. Though Necromancers rarely use their powers for evil, when they do, it is heard about everywhere.

-------------------------------------------------
Races: Human, Elf, Half-Elf, and Gnome.

SOLO Class

Hp/Mp gains:

Con:17-19 | 10-12 HP
Con:14-16 | 7-9 HP
Con:11-13 | 4-6 HP
Con:1-10 | 1-3 HP
/
Wis:19-20 | 12-13 MP
Wis:16-18 | 11-12 MP
Wis:13-15 | 9-10 MP
Wis:10-12 | 7-8 MP
Wis:7-9 | 5-6 MP
Wis:4-6 | 3-4 MP
Wis:1-3 | 1-2 MP
--------------------------------------------------
Stamina:
Armor:

Same as Mages, plus:

Demonhide tunic
Armor base: 40, Can be worn by: Necromancers, Description: This tunic, though at first glance appears to be made of rough leather, is actually made from the hide of a lesser demon., Level needed to equip it: 29, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Weapons:

Same as Mages, plus:

Sickle:
Base damage: 4, Can be used by: Necromancers, Description: A simple farm implement used when harvesting crops. , Level needed to equip it: 5 , Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table:, Mana leech: .

Scythe:
Base damage: 8, Can be used by: Necromancers, Description: A farm implement used when shearing down stalks of wheat or barley. , Level needed to equip it: 9 , Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table:, Mana leech: .

War Scythe:
Base damage: 16, Can be used by: Necromancers, Description: Though this weapon looks like its well-behaved brother, it is actually very sharp, and very dangerous. , Level needed to equip it: 14 , Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table:, Mana leech: .

Scythe of the Apocalypse:
Base damage: 22, Can be used by: Necromancers, Description: This weapon is coveted in the underworld where some Demonic lords claim its possession. It is said they were created along with the world as its counterpart, to facilitate its destruction. , Level needed to equip it: 20 , Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table:, Mana leech: .

Abilities: These are the Necromancer abilities most of which cost only HP if anything.

Charon:
Requirements: Level: 1, Cost:N/A.
Command:/Charon [amount of HP to be used] [target]
By channeling his/her life energy, a Necromancer can inflict heavy damage on his/her foe.
Formula: Con/6 Rounded down * life used Up to 50 HP

"You sacrifice some of your life energies, harming Test_Dummy for 30 points of damage!"
"Caster throws a crimson, glowing orb at you, inflicting 30 point of damage!"
"Caster staggers as a glowing, crimson orb appears in his hands and flies at Test_Dummy."

Martyr:
Requirements: Level: 1, Cost: N/A.
Command:/Martyr [amount of HP to be used] [target]
By channeling his/her life energy, a Necromancer can return life to those who need it. Note: this spell cannot harm undead, it instead heals them.
Formula: Con/6 Rounded down * life used Up to 50 HP

"You sacrifice some of your life energies, restoring 30 hit points to Test_Dummy."
"Caster sacrificed some of his health to restore 30 of your hit points!"
"Caster staggers as his hands begin to glow. He places his hands on Test_Dummy, and the glow transfers to Test_Dummy, healing some of his wounds. "

Osmose:
Requirements: Level:1, Cost: N/A,
Command: /Osmose [target]
A Necromancer can draw the magical energy from anything around themselves, though they cannot affect another creature's ability to use this energy.
Formula: Int/7 * .25level Round up

You siphon off some of Test_Dummy's magical energy, restoring 23 mana."
"Caster concentrates hard for a moment and you feel the magical energy around you dissapate."
"Caster concentrates and becomes surrounded by a bluish aura that soaks into him."

Spells: These are the Necromancer's spells.

Teeth: Mana cost:5.
Requirements: Level: 5, Cost: 100 gold.
Command: /cast teeth [target]
A Necromancer can summon a pair of spiritual fangs to strike his/her opponent.
Formula: Int/7 * .5level Round up

"You summon a pair of spiritual fangs to strike Test_Dummy for 18 points of damage!"
"Caster summons a pair of teeth and sends them at you, piercing your armor for 18 points of damage!"
"Caster summons a pair of large fangs to the palms of his hands and sends them flying at Test_Dummy."

Poison: Mana cost:8.
Requirements: Level:11, Cost: 500 gold.
Command: /poison
A Necromancer is able to coat his/her weapon with a potent, supernatural venom.
Formula: .33level Round to nearest Note: This is additional damage added to the weapon.
"You envenom the edge of your weapon by casting poison on it."
"Caster mutters something and runs his hand along the sharp edge of his blade, leaving a green hue in its wake."

Weaken: All requirements and formulae for this spell are the same as those for Enhance.
By focusing negative energy, Necromancers sap their opponents of their strength.

Curse: All requirements and formulae for this spell are the same as those for Righteous Fury.
By focusing negative energy, Necromancers can disrupt the fighting abilities of their opponents.

Drain: Mana cost:15.
Requirements: Level:15, Cost: 1500 gold.
Command: /cast drain [target]
A Necromancer can draw the life force from any living thing, healing him/herself; but a lot is lost in the transfer.
Formula: Int/5 * .5level .25 vamparic

"You drain 68 points of Test_Dummy's life, restoring 16 HP!"
"Caster speaks some unintelligible words and you feel some of your life force being drawn out of your body. 63 hit points were stolen!"
"Caster mutters something, and some of Test_Dummy's life energy jumps into Caster's hand."

Darkness: Mana cost:25.
Requirements: Level:18, Cost: 6000 gold.
Command:/darkness
Adept Necromancers learn to control their surrounding to the point where they can create a shroud of unnatural darkness that follows them around for a period of time. This spell was developed to confuse and disorient thieves, who would try to enter and rob the guilds.
Effect: No features of an area are visible, Parties do not function, movement is treated as drunken movement, and characters can only see themselves. Note: Necromancers are unnaffected by this spell, so they can see and function normally. If a Necromancer attacks someone, then that person can see the Necromancer and fight back. A Cleric using vision can function normally.
Duration: amount of time darkness lasts is determined by level: 6 sec * level

"You move your hands deliberately and swiftly, as you do you chant. As you finish, the area is shrouded in a thick blanket of dark."
"Caster makes passes with his hands and mutters some words. As he does, a thick blanket of darkness comes over the area, rendering your sense of sight useless."

Example of an area under the darkness effect:
Darkness: You are in an area of complete darkness. You are not sure of any directions.
Summons: Necromancers, because of their training in magic, are naturally weak. So they create powerful allies for combat. All of a Necromancer's summons will attack his/her enemies, as well as anyone who attacks either of them. All summons earn exp for their master (Only 1/2 normal exp though.).

Animate Golem: Mana cost:25 + 25 Health
Requirements: Level:1, Cost: 5000 gold.
Command: /cast animate golem [target]
When the right materials are present, a Necromancer can create a powerful servant to have fight along side him/her.
Effect: creates one of the following Golems out of the materials listed:

Golems: Each of the following golems has stats based on the Necromancer's. Golems automatically attack caster's enemies. Costs labeled are costs for the body. Any Necromancer may only have one Golem at a time. Golems attacks should be treated as fighter attacks for their level and stats.

Homunculis:
Required level:1
Cost: 25HP (Created from the Necromancer's own flesh)
This small, almost human-looking creature is fairly weak and not very good in a fight.
HP:75, Str:75%, Dex:100%, Armor:4, Base damage:2 (Sharp teeth.), attacks once every 10 secs.

Clay Golem:
Required level:5
Cost: 1000 gold (Must buy body and animate it at Necromancer's guild.)
This Golem is carved out of clay, harvested near the city of Nightmist.
HP:125%, Str:100%, Dex:80%, Armor:8, Base damage:5 (Club-like fist.), Attacks once every 7 secs.

Stone Golem:
Required level:10
Cost: 2000 gold (Must buy body and animate it at Necromancer's guild.)
This Golem is crafted from granite, making it extremely tough.
HP:150%, Str:125%, Dex:70%, Armor:16, Base damage:10, (Hammer fists.), Attacks once every 7 secs.

Iron Golem:
Required level:15
Cost: 4000 gold (Must buy body and animate it at Necromancer's guild.)
This Golem is made from high-quality iron. One of its arms holds a large broad sword.
HP:175%, Str:125%, Dex:85%, Armor:32, Base damage:17, (Large Broad sword.), Attacks once every 6 secs.

Guardian Golem:
Required level:20
Cost: 8000 gold (Must buy body and animate it at Necromancer's guild.)
This Golem is made from a combination of wood, stone , and iron. It carries a huge longsword in its hands.
HP:200%, Str: 150%, Dex:100%, Armor:50, Base damage:23, (Huge Longsword), Attacks once every 5 secs.

Create skeleton: Mana cost:20
Requirements: Level:5, Cost:5000 gold
Command: /cast create skeleton
Due to their training and understanding of life, a necromancer can create a small number of skeletal servants. (Up to three.)

Skeletons:Skeletons are upgraded according to the Necromancer's level. (See below) Skeleton's attacks should be treated as fighter attacks of the same level and stats.

Skeletal Warrior:
Levels:5-9.
HP:25, Str:12, Dex:12, Wis:9, Armor:10, Base damage:1 (Short Sword.), Attacks once per 15 secs.

Skeletal Warrior:
Levels:10-14.
HP:75, Str:15, Dex:15, Wis:12, Armor:15, Base damage:5 (Long Sword.), Attacks once per 12 secs.

Bone knight:
Levels:15-24.
HP:125, Str:19, Dex:19, Wis:15, Armor:20, Base damage:14 (Broad Sword.), Attacks once per 8 secs.

Bone lord
Levels:25-30.
HP:250, str:22, Dex:22, Wis:19, Armor:30, Base damage:20 (Blade of Honor.), Attacks once per 5 secs.
Note: Only one Bone Lord may be created at a time.
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#2 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 06:42 PM

Amazing. I was blown away by this. I'll admit I was spectacle about another Necromancer class suggestion...but I tip my hat to you. It doesn't seem over-powered at all...and, when training this, you have so many options.

Kudos.
Posted Image

#3 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 07:47 PM

You have a viable class here, I like it, and I think that everyone should be ok with it, only problem is that, its a necromancer and not many people trust the class, sadly since this class is so well done.
Chairman of The Warriors of The Mist, The Great and Powerful Wizard

Skippy the Peanut Butter Fiend.

#4 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 08:06 PM

I forgot to mention that you have to have full stamina when using an ability or summoning. They don't cost all stamina, they just can't be used if any is missing.
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#5 Bean

Bean
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 10:53 PM

Only thing I would like to see added to that in the interest of fairness, and to stop people from doing this is:

Have the summoned monsters STOP attacking if the owner has not been attacking/casting spells for one minute.

To stop auto training of course.

Oh as well, Dont let golems and skeletons be summoned at the same time. (4 summoned monsters is a bit much)

Other than that I have to say WICKED IDEA.

:)

Edit: Are the prices of the golem spells the prices for just the base spell, or for both the spell AND the body?

Edited by Bean, 25 April 2004 - 10:54 PM.

Copying from one is Plagiarism
Copying From many is Research.

It's so exciting I need to poo~Deval

#6 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 12:23 AM

Where did Golems come from? Necromancer by very definition are to do with the undead, and golems are not undead.

And 'teeth' too?

I smell diablo......
If you build it, they will come.

#7 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 12:26 AM

Frankenstien was a human's attempt to reanimate the tissue of a human, he was also a flesh golem. They are in a way undead since reanimation of tissue is creation of undead.

On the other hand golem is also thought of as the creation of life and the word necromancer in essence means 'death caster'

#8 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 12:37 AM

Where did Golems come from?

I reckon Germany. However, it wouldn't surprise me if they came from Japan too. They are sneaky like that, underhanded golems. :shifty eyes:

Edit: I best thought I'd Pandeilx is right. There is no reason, nor way, a mastery of undeath (not life which is wrongly stated by Mantis) could have any hand in the animation of anything like a golem, possibly excluding the ones which involve being made from the necromancers own flesh.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#9 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 02:00 AM

I dont mind if the Golems go but don't take my skeletons.
The summons would not attack if you had /nokill on.
/T Pandilex: Yes, I got some inspiration from many sources, including Diablo.
My defense for the Golems, however is that Necromancers force random life energy into the body and force it to do their will.

#10 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 03:16 AM

The way Mantis described Necromancers, they are masters of life. They can infuse life into whatever they deem fit.

...Also...I was meaning to comment on how "Teeth" wasn't very original. ^^;;
Posted Image

#11 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 11:19 AM

Where did Golems come from? Necromancer by very definition are to do with the undead, and golems are not undead.

And 'teeth' too?

I smell diablo......

yup

#12 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 11:41 AM

Yes I got teeth from D2, but I couldnt really think of anything else I would want as a low-level spell.

#13 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 12:40 PM

Remove Teeth and the golems, and it will be good. If you want to give them a new spell, then just give them a copy of Shock but rename it to something more 'necromancer like'.

#14 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 01:13 PM

Heh, clicked the link thinking "woo-hoo, another necro class..."

Now, i'm thinking "cool!" Very well thought out, yes some ideas are borrowed from other sources, but it's very hard not to do that. (imho)

I am in favour of this class :)
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#15 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 06:39 PM

Remove Teeth and the golems, and it will be good. If you want to give them a new spell, then just give them a copy of Shock but rename it to something more 'necromancer like'.

If you can think of the descriptions for them go ahead, and I'll amend them into the list.

#16 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 06:39 PM

I am thinking that if ten people will post on here against teeth I will exchange it with shock for mages. Seeing as Necromancers could know that spell anyway...

#17 Velveta

Velveta
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 06:55 PM

humm.. what about adding the spell plague? with the rest of your abilities.

Plague lowers target maximum hp/mp /stamina recharge rate by 20%

and if Necros doo come back into this game they should be like pacifists and you can only log on on Necr omancer and no alts. they cant join clans or parties
The Ability To Speak Doesnt Make You Intelligent

Ðëåth §§ú®àñÇë

#18 Velveta

Velveta
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 06:56 PM

plagues mana cost would be same as Divine lights spell
The Ability To Speak Doesnt Make You Intelligent

Ðëåth §§ú®àñÇë

#19 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:59 PM

Stop doubling post.

SOLO Class

They are "like Pacifists".
Posted Image

#20 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:37 PM

Energy Drain: This spell drains life from the necromancer's target causing minor damage. It is usually one of the first spells a budding necromancer uses.

(Otherwise same as shock but fits better with the theme)

#21 Opie

Opie
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:16 PM

Yeah dude, steve put it in big bold letters just so people would see that. He;s been working this stuff out for a loooooooooooooooooooong time. And why is everyone so against the gollems? I think it's a great idea! I mean, if they're a solo class then they need sumthin good. It's not like things that aren't exactly right haven't gone into the game before. Under Mantis's description they are Masters of life. Or even the Masters of UNlife would be able to turn something that isn't alive alive. I really wish people would stop being so negative about EVERYTHING.
*`~Ø~þ~í~€~`* the ÃÑçíèчÑøøßï€
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Ben Franklin

#22 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 11:19 PM

The thing is, "golems" aren't very creative. I could see "Clay Puppets" but not golems.
Posted Image

#23 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 12:25 AM

Opie, if your going to use a preconcieved concept such as Necromancer, you are confined to work within a set standard of ideas. Golems are totally inappropriate other than the flesh golem.

#24 Opie

Opie
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 01:45 AM

Ok ok, whatever. I'm not tryin to like, give any ideas. It's not like changing nightmist is gonna happen. Man all people do on this thing is talk about how they'd like to see NM change, then when a change comes along they all fight and argue about whats right and wrong until it dies in the water. I'm standing up for what i think is a good idea, why do you people have such a problem with that? he put alot of work into making those golems. It may not look like it but he did. But what do i know, I'm just a Newb that's been playing for a long time.
*`~Ø~þ~í~€~`* the ÃÑçíèчÑøøßï€
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Ben Franklin

#25 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 03:42 AM

If your going to frequent forums, get used to people discussing/opposing you, otherwise it's in your best interests to leave.

Regardless as to whether he spent a 'long time' creating them or not, they simply are not sutiable. I think it would be cool to have Robot Dinosaurs in Nighmist, so I'm going to spend 6 hours designing the class, therefore deserving implementation, right? Heck, I'm gonna design an entire race called 'Deval', and I'll spend a few weeks designing it, so there can be absolutely no shadow of a doubt whatsoever that the race 'Deval' will be implemented.

Now if you don't mind, I'm sure we'd all like to get to thinking of something more suitable than golems, that is, if your done whining?

#26 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 08:43 AM

If your going to frequent forums, get used to people discussing/opposing you, otherwise it's in your best interests to leave.

Regardless as to whether he spent a 'long time' creating them or not, they simply are not sutiable. I think it would be cool to have Robot Dinosaurs in Nighmist, so I'm going to spend 6 hours designing the class, therefore deserving implementation, right? Heck, I'm gonna design an entire race called 'Deval', and I'll spend a few weeks designing it, so there can be absolutely no shadow of a doubt whatsoever that the race 'Deval' will be implemented.

Now if you don't mind, I'm sure we'd all like to get to thinking of something more suitable than golems, that is, if your done whining?

Damn, stealing my ideas.

Pandilex's List Of Things To Do:

Conquer Europe
Add Robot Dinosaurs
Become terribly terribly rich
Complete human head collection
Make it Big In Japan
If you build it, they will come.

#27 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 11:28 AM

Damn, stealing my ideas.

Pandilex's List Of Things To Do:

Conquer Europe
Add Robot Dinosaurs
Become terribly terribly rich
Complete human head collection
Make it Big In Japan

I don't think that Japan thing will ever happen.

#28 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 11:30 AM

Energy Drain: This spell drains life from the necromancer's target causing minor damage. It is usually one of the first spells a budding necromancer uses.

(Otherwise same as shock but fits better with the theme)

Tell me more about it.

(Sorry about posting multiple times, but I must answer things, and I may do so in the future.)

Edited by green_mantis, 28 April 2004 - 11:31 AM.

#29 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 11:33 AM

The thing is, "golems" aren't very creative. I could see "Clay Puppets" but not golems.

But wouldn't a clay Golem be a clay puppet?
Golems are unliving objects that a Necromancer has imbued with enough of a soul or spirit to have the semblance of life.

#30 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 08:04 PM

Golems are way too cliche. Mix it up a little?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users