Photo

Paci's Draggin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

#1 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:51 PM

I think it should be made to where Pacifists can't drag monsters along with them. I was trying to train in dungeons, the room of haunt specifically. When a paci came along and decided he didn't want me to train and started dragging wall crawlers and pained spirits all over me. A rather childish thing to do, if you have a problem with me training there log your party and try to kill me. Don't drag a bunch of crap around to kill me do it the old fashioned way.
Jaded ingame.

#2 »»²× ÐêåthB¥Mågî¢ ×²««

»»²× ÐêåthB¥Mågî¢ ×²««
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:52 PM

he has a point o.0

#3 menardi

menardi
  • Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:01 PM

paci's shouldnt even be allowed in dungeons they have no reason to be in there
Electron/Excuse in game~~ÐÎVΧÎØÑ

David
ØWÑÅG£

#4 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:03 PM

Agreed.

If a paci is against war, why would he want a monster following him? He knows it will just kill him...
«¤Mêad¤»*

#5 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:11 PM

If a paci is against war, why would he want a monster following him? He knows it will just kill him...

Martyrdom.
Posted Image

#6 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:24 PM

Doubt it ^_^

Also, a paci would know that monster would kill someone, so it would be against their beliefs to let it do that.
«¤Mêad¤»*

#7 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:31 PM

Supported.
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#8 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:42 PM

paci's shouldnt even be allowed in dungeons they have no reason to be in there

Dungeons is area with highest undead population in game. Pacifisits can (and does) train on pained spirits and demonic soliders.
Does not play well with others.

#9 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:36 PM

Undead Marcus? Spirit of King Whatshisface? Pretty much EVERYTHING in Trials of Gauntlet?
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#10 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:36 PM

Martyrdom.

A suicide bomber wishes for martyrdom.

A pacifist wishes for peace.

The absence of pain and the ending of life.

Not to allow himself to die, or to assist in the death of others, as that paci did.

#11 Chii

Chii
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:57 PM

Umm...Can't we all just get along? And by that i mean...If you are going to be effin stupid ignorant ass simply DON'T play. ty...have a nice day. ^_^

#12 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:00 PM

By no means was this particular pacifist trying to be a martyr but it is easy to see a pacifist throwing away his (or her) life for the sake of others.

(A suicide bomber is one type of martyr. In a fantasy world, martyrs are usually those who simply sacrifice their lives for others. Gandalf (had he actually died) would be a martyr when he decided to fight the Balrog himself so the remainder of the fellowship could flee.)

Back on topic: You shouldn't seek to punish all pacifists because one isn't playing it properly. Not all pacifists are contradictory in their workings.
Posted Image

#13 Despair

Despair
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:00 PM

pacifists abuse their invincibility sometimes and abuse like this should be dealt with, Pureza has made a good suggestion to tackle this problem, if anyone can think of any better suggestions then go ahead . . . but I believe this is the best way to tackle this problem
If I were the rain... that binds together the Earth and the Sky, whom in all eternity will never mingle... would I be able to bind two hearts together?

#14 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:04 PM

I personally think paci dragging monsters just makes alot of random monsters drug everwheres and a big mess so is why I supported. ^_^
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#15 Ashton

Ashton
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:20 PM

remove the dragging or remove the pacifists, they are invincible therefore dragging assloads of monsters has no effect on them, only the 2nd party of which they are dragged upon. Pacifists are by FAR the most abused class in the game and all the ways they are abused are to hinder players on normal crits or to cheat out of something normally difficult.

Edited by Ashton, 17 August 2005 - 08:21 PM.

Someone should make a Failed Ideas thread.

Ashton - Explosion - Chaosbringer

#16 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:21 PM

Allowing pacifists not to drag monsters would mean they would be allowed back into chronos. Which would then mean they would be abused as they were before, just no side effects.

Let's give people a little bit of a challenge in Nightmist.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#17 Pureza

Pureza

• Members
  • 1858 posts

I'm not suggesting that pacifists be punished in any way, if anything them not being able to drag monsters would be an improvement for the class. And as Fallen said would clear up alot of messiness that they create when they run though certain areas. Pacifists have as much reason as any other class to be in the dungeons as it is the best experience for healers that i've come across and as far as I know it is the best in game. But hey i'm still a noob, so what do I know.
Jaded ingame.

#18 Roidhun

Roidhun
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Allowing pacifists not to drag monsters would mean they would be allowed back into chronos. Which would then mean they would be abused as they were before, just no side effects.

Let's give people a little bit of a challenge in Nightmist.

Challenge? By creating yet another possibility for one adept crit to take out a party of 5-10 arches?

/sigh remove pacifists from the game...
Every country has an army... Either its own or somebody else's
No crits ingame atm...

#19 Pureza

Pureza

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:23 PM

Another point, yes paci's are quite abused. They get used quite often in the desert when rob/jose and ed/bill train. One runs a paci the other runs the party, keeps them from being pk'd. It's a good strategy but an abuse of a pacifists powers.
Jaded ingame.

#20 Foamy The Squirrel

Foamy The Squirrel
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:33 PM

let me comment on this , im a lvl 23 paci , i don't see the point in getting ride of the pacifists because you don't like them dragging stuff , maybe if they run out of mana and are low on health and have no gold to tribute for mana they can run because how else would you escape just die and loose exp i don't think so i think this is the gayest topic, i don't think pacifist should be taken off the game for nothing , ive worked my ass off on lvling , so stop moaning that we try to kill you , but we don't do we, thats all i have to say ^_^

#21 Pureza

Pureza

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:36 PM

I never suggested removing them from the game, just changing the way they work a bit. Not being able to drag monsters would benefit them in a situation where they have to run and can't just recall. I personally don't use them so I have no opinion on whether they stay in the game or not, just make it to where they don't cause trouble for other non-pacifist parties training in the same areas.
Jaded ingame.

#22 Foamy The Squirrel

Foamy The Squirrel
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:40 PM

looks its not our fault , like i said if we run out of mana and can't recall we have to run , so stop moaning for pete's sakes

#23 Pureza

Pureza

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:43 PM

/t foamy if you could possibly comprehend english you would understand that i'm not saying anything about removing the pacifists from the game, just making it to where they can't drag monsters along with them, you being a pacifist user should support this cuz when you do have to run the more monsters you drag with you the quicker you die. Ergo(sp?) if your not dragging monsters while you run there is less of a chance of you dying. Perphaps you should get out a dictionary and look up the words that you don't understand on my very first post, i have not once said remove them from the game, just remove the ability to drag monsters when they do run.
Jaded ingame.

#24 Foamy The Squirrel

Foamy The Squirrel
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:45 PM

yea but i wasn't saying you wanted them out the others do though

#25 Pureza

Pureza

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:45 PM

/t foamy well just support my idea of removing the drag ability from paci's and be done with it. Not too much to ask now is it.
Jaded ingame.

#26 Foamy The Squirrel

Foamy The Squirrel
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:51 PM

ill but this in words you might understand , stfu im a 14 year old freshmen , so i may not understand some things but i do understand whats going on i just don't like the fact that some people want to get rid of pacifists of the game

#27 Pureza

Pureza

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:54 PM

C'mon guys lets keep the flaming and insults to a minimum, i'm just tryin to get enough support for this to get JLH to code it into the game, i don't want a who has teh best insults thread. I'll make one of those later so lets please try and keep everything on topic
Jaded ingame.

#28 Foamy The Squirrel

Foamy The Squirrel
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:55 PM

if you want JLH to know ill tell him threw msn

#29 Foamy The Squirrel

Foamy The Squirrel
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:57 PM

hes read it already

#30 Pureza

Pureza

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:59 PM

I'm sure JLH has already read this thread, but I doubt he's seen enough support for the idea to actually put it into the game and I too can talk to him on MSN about it, how do you think I got my forum name changed from halon back to pureza.
Jaded ingame.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users