List Of Games Inspired By Nightmist

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TheLibrarian_*

Guest_TheLibrarian_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2014 - 04:42 PM

Hello. I'm making a tree for the games derived from Realms of Kaos because all other MUD families have one, posted on Wikipedia (here). I don't know if the Nightmist branch is complete. So far, I have Revelation, NorthWinds, Deity Online (1 and 2), Opal Spheres, and Deloria (and its countless variants). Please post if you know of any other games inspired by Nightmist.

#2 Melchior

Melchior
  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:48 PM

I know of a few that branched off from realms of kaos that include NM, aleveria. Alura and like 3 or more that never made it to far..I played a few irc based MUDs that were pretty cool can remeber the names tho.

#3 Melchior

Melchior
  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:49 PM

Can't *

#4 Guest_TheLibrarian_*

Guest_TheLibrarian_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:30 PM

I know of a few that branched off from realms of kaos that include NM, aleveria. Alura and like 3 or more that never made it to far..I played a few irc based MUDs that were pretty cool can remeber the names tho.

Please ask your wide network of spies and friends about the IRC based MUDs, I don't have any on my list.

#5 Element

Element
  • Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:41 AM

Interesting... I based a lot of my game (Adventure To Fate) systems and some naming (npcs,skills,items) off nightmist and rok but I wouldn't say it's the same genre

-Adventure To Fate Game Dev- https://itunes.apple...d871690289?mt=8

#6 Melchior

Melchior
  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:53 AM

I ayes those 10+ years ago and I haven't heard from the two that got me stated In those games in about 7 or 8 years but I will try.

#7 Guest_TheLibrarian_*

Guest_TheLibrarian_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:35 PM

Interesting... I based a lot of my game (Adventure To Fate) systems and some naming (npcs,skills,items) off nightmist and rok but I wouldn't say it's the same genre

I have already recorded Adventure To Fate. But I'm glad you're posting, I wanted to ask: there was someone called Element credited in both Aleveria and Alura (Troubleshooting and Area Verification), was that you or someone else?

Edited by TheLibrarian, 09 September 2014 - 02:45 AM.

#8 Element

Element
  • Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:58 PM

Yes I wrote the game systems (combat,npc,items) and built for Alev and a very small bit of alura. Also built for rok as Lateralus. Worked on some of mike/minions games as well but very small amount.

-Adventure To Fate Game Dev- https://itunes.apple...d871690289?mt=8

#9 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:08 PM

Woah woah woah... Deloria is probably older than Nightmist, and was inspired by Era Online using the ORE engine. Deloria was probably in development around 1998-2000. My version of Deloria Online (Which was a spin-off) might have been inspired by Nightmist, but the official versions were never even closely related.

Deity Online, now that brings back memories.

http://fs.draignet.com/ - Soon to be released.

Edited by Zelimos, 17 September 2014 - 03:10 PM.

#10 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:41 AM

Holy nuts I forgot about Revelation. That was a LOT of fun when it first came out.

I remember I got pissed though and quit because the GMs in that game were punishing me for PKing. There was this whole argument started based on the corrupt GMs flat out ignoring what the game creator said who was fully in support with PKing.

Man I can't believe I had almost completely forgotten about that game. Ol Rich/Scream got me into it when I was bored to tears with Nightmist if I recall.

-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users