A Real Vampire Roleplay

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#31 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 02:20 AM

*MorbidFears watches him from behind the cover of her cloak, she pushes it back at last and sits up in the beams once more swinging her legs to and fro from the splintered rafters. Such grace he presents himself with.. but she saw in his eyes something different, something hidden.. something that resembled her own soul a bit.. She brings the goblet to her lips once more and takes a slow drink.. as she lowers it she licks her fangs obviously enjoying it.

She hears his words, the tone .. the underlying frustration within them .. "Yes, in fact, I am enjoying myself a bit" she says and rubs the fingertips alongside her left thigh her smirk widening "and it was warm" . She meets his gaze directly, perhaps a challenge of her own in those mesmerizing sapphire eyes.. she sets her glass down at last.. with the mere wave of her hand two flames dart from the heart and swirl quickly toward them both, stopping immediately in front of the table by which they stand and lowering in the shape of a wine glass.. "There drink.. or not" she laughs softly.. She may have came down if he had said nothing, but now that he stressed how rude it was of her to remain she definately wont. .she remembers precisely why she had not given her name yet.. so now she says "by the way, I ~am rude~ she can't help but chuckle again, the sound soft and yet there is an underlying danger in it as it echos through the pub walls.. "Do enjoy your drinks" and she looks back to the fire, her own gaze changing hues as rapidly as the flames before settling once more to a deep dark sapphire.

Edited by Amy, 27 May 2004 - 02:21 AM.

~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#32 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 07:23 PM

((I missed too many posts, I must remove myself, farewell.))
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#33 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 10:26 PM

"...We'll see..." he murmered under his voice

"... we shall" Styx murmered back carefully as she looked down. She'd been expecting a handshake and yet couldn't help but smile at his grace... and then waited to retract her hand... waited...
An uneasy knot tied itself in her stomach as the soft kiss remained, that simple phrase toying with her mind
<Perhaps not so simple>
She was almost aware that perhaps she shouldn't have heard the remark, but in that case... he should have made more effort to keep his thoughts to himself. She swallowed dryly as he moaned and regained his height and stature, then looked back at him through softened eyes, uncertain quite how she was meant to react...

... and was almost relieved when his attentions turned almost instantly to the woman above them both.
<Erratic> she thought distantly as she watched him make his points, noted the... unusual... emphasis he placed on the words... <Ever changing... the calm is strained>

<The calm... is false> her mind dared as she watched them, before becoming aware of the flare of flame. She watched bewildered as the flames from the hearth flared outwards, flickering and forming wispy trails as the light swirled her way and flickered infront of her. Warily she reached out towards the lowering flame, and as she 'touched' it her fingers closed around the forming wineglass, eerily cool to the touch when considering the fires she believed she'd seen it form from.

"There drink.. or not" she laughs softly

Sure enough the fragile looking glass had filled... <but with what?> her mind found itself asking suspicious questions as she looked down at the glass bemused. She tapped it lightly against the table... yes, the glass was solid, The liquid within the glass shimmering and rippling as she moved it

"Do enjoy your drinks"

Styx almost thought she could hear... a note of challenge in that tone, though she wasn't sure it was directed at her... not when Tahmores and Morbid were the ones dancing around each others phrases and actions.

"Why, thankyou" she smiles genuinely at Morbid, raising the glass to her lips... and then pausing somewhat hesitantly. She looked back down into the glass, light still flickering around it, reflecting off of the elegant glasswork. It looked like it could snap or shatter in her grip, yet she knew it wouldn't...

Styx lightly raised the glass slightly further into the air and tilted it upwards to the space in the air between them
"How about... a toast perhaps?" she suggested with a casual shrug

Edited by Charon, 28 May 2004 - 10:29 PM.

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#34 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 08:17 PM

Tahmores forced another smile as he lifted up his glass to Styx, completely ignoring Morbid. If she was rude, then so would be Tahmores. He didn't need her approval nor did he want it. If Morbid didn't capture his interest in such a...unique way, she would be dead already.

"A toast..." he murmured to Styx, glaring curiously at the drink. "That would be just splendid.

...But...to what?" he finished, almost with a snap. Oddly enough, his tone was harsh. His voice was fluctuating and his eyes would twitch every so often. He was annoyed yet intrigued. This was strange...he had never met anybody quite like this people before...especially not Morbid.

((Sorry about lack of posting. I had a whole bunch of english work to do and my brain just wasn't willing to co-operate. ^^;;

Also, has anybody heard anything from Kristian (VampireDeviant)? Has he quite this thread?))
Posted Image

#35 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 11:15 PM

*MorbidFears hears Styx and bites her lip in thought " a toast?" she thinks.. although her gaze doesn't quite move from the fire yet, if one were to see her soulful orbs they would realize much crosses the vampiric beauties mind.

The flames continue to dance with each other exotically their intense and mesmerizing hues flickering from one spellbinding shade to the next. "Splendid Indeed" she murmers aloud a slight sarcasm in her voice. Was she speaking of the flames? or perhaps mocking Tahmores? She can hear from the hint of frustration in his voice that she is getting under his skin so she decides to push it just a bit further.

Her voice pours from wine colored lips without hesitation.. although she never once moves her gaze from the fire "Perhaps Styx, " yes, she spoke only her name. She could play the game as well as he, maybe even better, and she wouldn't speak his name, wouldn't even acknowledge that she had heard it..

She pushes herself to a sitting postion once more letting her long slender legs hand from the beams and swings them slightly. The toes of her leather boots pointing downward and then up as if she was on a playground.. For now, the inn itself was her amusement so it seemed to fit. "Perhaps to secrets unvieled... the sweet yet sometimes bitter taste of life..." she pauses only a moment licking her fangs.. was she speaking literally or only of life itself... of living?.. "Or maybe, we could sum it all up and just say 'to Lost Souls".. She laughs softly raising her glass, the blood wyne in her own glass twirling against the crystal like fresh blood itself... Slowly, she moves her gaze to the succulant drink and then takes a sip.. they would acknowledge the toast or add their own. Their choice, she didn't really care one way or the other. Within her own toast lied secrets, many of them.. but she doesn't go further.. not yet anyway.

The drink in Styx hand was a berry juice, she could tell from the womans actions after watching her a few days that alchohol wasn't really to her particular taste.. yes, it was clear from the way she didn't relish the "house special" as a normal drinker would.. The drink in Tahmores glass was like her own.. sweet bloodwyne, a drink that he would perhaps enjoy if he tasted it, or perhaps not. She thought briefly of changing it, changing it to bitter lemon juice or the such but then decided otherwise. "It wouldn't do to let it be clear she wished to get under his skin. Why did she anyway?" she thought to herself and shrugs lightly.

The time to reveal herself completely had not yet come, she had watched the notice on the wall carefully, no others had signed it.. Maybe one day, before it was all over, she would sign her true name. The thought causes her smirk to widen and her eyes to glisten as if a small child allowed to go to a grown up place.. But, that was for later, she couldn't get ahead of herself could she.. no, she would wait.. wait indeed.. after all, she had an eternity to prove her point.

#36 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 02:38 AM

Tired of the bland atmosphere on the Sleeping Fox the man quietly stood, placed a few coins on the table and walked out, his presence seemed to be unnoticed by anyone as he left.

Back out on the lonely, dark street he walked. Down the Viper Street. An older man opened his door and looked out, his gaze past over the lone man in the street and his breath was stolen, he gasped and fell back inside his home, slamming and bolting the door.

He smirked to himself, "If only these mortals knew what haunted their sleep.." He spoke to himself, and continued walking.

After a few minutes of walking the man came to another tavern, one more popular than even the Sleeping Fox, the Boars Tusk Inn is the social gathering central of the town of Nightmist. The man walked to the door, which as he reached, flung open and a large man flew from the doors, landing with a thud in the street. Ignoring the rumble the dark one slid into the building. As he entered he stopped for a second, he sniffed and scanned the area thoroughly, as if seeking, but after a few seconds he found a seat and ordered another glass of wine. Again he took a small vial of crimson liquid and poured it into the drink. He was not sitting as easily as he had in the former bar, he was constantly looking, trying to find that feeling, kin.

Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#37 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 01:07 AM

"To... To Lost Souls then" Styx smiled a little weakly as as she clinked her own glass against that of Tahmores

She should have waited for a toast from Tahmores... she knew she should have, but the longer she waited the drier her throat became and the more aware she was of the fact that her voice and words may choose to fail her. She savoured the fruity taste of the drink as it passed smoothly down her throat... silently relieved that the drink was actually drinkable, and far more pleasant than the foul taste of the mixed cheap liquors that had made up her previous drink

<To lost souls> the words came back to her, silent now <too many lost souls...>

"Lost Souls" she said somewhat more confidently, smiling to herself "and the hope... the hope that someone will find them" she finished, her tone almost challenging... almost.

"Hey" she let out an involuntary yell as she stumbled and regained her balance

"Sa'ry" drawled the waitress as she smoothed down her own attire, picking up the empty tray she carried... and then her confidance flickered and she excused herself silently and quickly, making her quick retreat to the bar area. Silently Styx looked at where the waitress had been moving away from with such a lack of attention, catching a glimpse of the pale haired man as he emptied a vial into his drink...

A shudder passed through her, much like the one she'd felt when she'd watched Tahmores in the open door. The thought that, yet again... she shouldn't make any sudden movements... and the thought that yet again she could get caught staring.

She tilted her glass to the man both silently and politely, before continuing as she had before, taking another sip of the berry juice in her own glass

"Aquaintance of yours perhaps?" she queried innocently with another grin, yet speaking almost silently to whoever could hear her, words obscured by the conversations of the patrons of the establishment to anyone more distant. "I mean nothing by it of course, and forgive me if I misinterpret... but to me... there seems to be some small similarity"

((In honesty, I don't know what happened to Deviant :s I expect he'll come back at some point though ^^;; ))
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#38 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 01:42 AM

Tahmores smiled to Styx as he said a relunctant "To lost souls." He tilted his glass to his lips but drank nothing. He let the liquid touch himself but quickly let it fall back into the glass.

"It's really quite good...you'll have to show me how to make it someday," he said to no-one in particular. He would have directed it to Morbid had he known her name...but he didn't and there was nothing about it he could do.

"...To the hope that they find their just desserts," he murmured again. His voice was now soft and subtle, no longer loud and brash. He took another false sip of his glass. Setting it down on the bar counter, Tahmores took an uncomfortably close sit next to Styx, glaze his eyes over her once or twice.

"Similarities? Between him and myself...?" he said, glaring at the newly entered patron. Tahmores scoffed and useless pulled some hair out of his eyes only to have them fall back into place. From calm and quiet to arrogant and proud, Tahmores face changed again. He hunched himself over and glared at the new man of attention.

He stared and looked him over almost rudely but by the look on Tahmores face, he obviously didn't care.
Posted Image

#39 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 01:57 AM

"Just deserts hm? What 'just deserts' ... do lost souls have, or desreve to find, in your mind my friend?" she queried lightly as she continued to drink her own drink, not noticing that his own didn't change in volume.

As Tahmores sat besides her... she wanted to move away, to find some way to casually shift her position, to twist one way or the other to face him... but had she attempted to do so, she would likely have fallen of the chair she had only just sat on. She could have stood, but she wasn't prepared to stand, wasn't prepared to rise to her feet and move. It would have made her discomfort far to obvious

<It's obvious anyway> her mind hissed, but she paid it no heed. She smiled lightly as he tried to brush the hair from his face, only to have it return to position

"You know... I did say that I meant nothing by it" she said softly, an almost mischevious expression tainting her face, tinting her smile... glinting in her eyes "Twas just an observation, and I never suggested that it... were an accurate one"

#40 edawg5150

edawg5150
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 08:39 AM

Pain seered through my body as I crawled along the worn path, blood spilling out of my abdomen as slowly moved forward " I must make it to Nightmist" I mumbled as the pain from talking coursed through my very being. I edged forward feeling death like a shadow over my bruised and bloodied body "How did it come to this" I thought "How was I defeated" I stopped for a moment , on my hands and knees and slowly wiped the blood out of my eyes, I felt nothing but pain, but then continued to move forward slowly. I thought of who I was and what I had looked like before my journey, Trystan was my name, a young warrior, 6'3, a strong build, long black hair green eyes, full of confidence, valor and honor "None of that matters now though" I thought "The only thing that matters is to keep on living" I thought I was prepared to face the dangers outside of Nightmist, I was wrong.

I looked ahead and saw a faint glimmer of light, I knew I was almost there,as I mustered every ounce of strength in my being to try to stand on two legs Pain coursed through my body as I stood up, and stumbled forward and fell back into the dirt. I tried again, the pain being unbearable, but I knew in my heart that if I did not I would die right here on this filthy path. I got to my feet slowly, hoding my stomach tightly, as the blood poured through my fingers, I stepped forward slowly, knowing that if I tried to go any faster I would surely fall again, but also knowing that if I did not move faster the life force that was in me would soon be gone. I quickened my pace a bit, as the tears flowed down my filthy blood stained face, The city was now upon me. I looked around, but not a soul was to be seen, as it was the late eve, the only light seemed to be coming from an inn, had I been more coherant I might have remembered the name. I moved towards the inn hoping, praying that someone would be able to help me, My strenght had left me, and I knew death was near, I opened the door and fell to the floor of the inn, the only words I could utter as death settled upon me was "help me please help me"

#41 Evenstar

Evenstar
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 06:56 PM

Erato had sat in the corner of the boars tusk for many days. The mask of the dark shadows had hidden her from sight as she sat and sipped her wine. The only other person aware of her presence was the waitress who had courteously kept her refeshed throughout the day. She still wasnt sure what had enticed her to stay, maybe it was the parchment held to the wall with daggers, or the three intruding characters in the inn.

The graceful woman who had entered there alone, written something on the parchment, before taking her seat and fiddling nervously with her quill, had something strangely familiar about her, while she watched the woman from her hiding place the face of her mother, 'Evenstar' came flooding to Erato's head. she was not sure why her mothers face appeared as she hadn't seen her mother since she chose her path as a healer instead of the great ranger her mother had longed for Erato to be. she had never understood her mothers need for the outdoors, and never had been able to master the skill Evenstar had with a bow. Erato's ability to heal had been apparent from a young age, and although she wished to stay with her mother in the clan she had grown to love, her need to help others called her away. The name she had overheard the woman had introduced herself as 'styx' invoked feelings in her chest, but she was unable to place a memory to the name. Erato's memory had been disturbed since the vampire attack that had left her close to death. Now niether a human or a vampire remained she had become a crossbreed, most of her human memories lost and only the constant fear of vampires had remained. she had longed to find out about the demon that had been left inside her but the desire of her human side to remain safe had always held her back.

Maybe this was her reason for staying she had never seen a vampire so close since her attack and she had never seen them talk in a cival manor to a mere mortal. This woman styx must truly be powerful, not to have run at the first chance, which had been Eratos first move when she saw the sultary female vampire enter with her hood digusing her face. As the woman had moved towards Erato she froze unable to move, but to erato's great relief the vamipre leapt into the rafters and out of sight, a small tear of relief snaked its way down erato soft pink cheek as she let out a sigh. her next emotion was that of anger, why was she so scared she had the strength, and the skills her mother had tought her why couldn't she confront them.

"Right, the next vampire i come across i am going to confront. I can do this" Erato muttered quietly to herself. But the next vampire she encountered had made her choke on her words. as the back door of the inn flew open and in the space where it had once been stood tahmores, his long brown hair covering his face. His black cloak gave him a domineering presence which chilled Erato down to the bone, she shivered at what her nose could smell, the rancid smell death clung to this man, the fright in the chest was the worst it had ever been when she first laid eyes on this vampire, she had a strange burning sensation in her neck which she could not ignore. but as she had watched him being stood up too, by these powerful women, she had become more at ease in thier presence. she listened to their converstaion and smiled at the females remarks to the frightful male.

Erato longed to read the parchment and maybe join whatever styx had replyed to. She longed to know why she knew that name. her eyes began wonder round the inn again as their was a fresh smell of blood she couldn't explain, when she spoted a man in the corner that she had not seen enter. She watched him fill his Glass with the dark crimson liquid and shuddered, since when had the boars tusk in become a vampire hang out she wondered. she did not have time to ponder this notion before the main door of the boars tusk in slammed open and a man fell to the floor with cied for help.

At the sight of this man Erato forgot her fears and her need for stealth in this now dangerous inn, she leapt from her chair, she feared the sight and smell of this man would enrage the vampires (who up til now had seemed strangely dosile) and force her to witness an attack that had changed her life. she swept passed the three strangers and ran to the man's aid, she had no time for the vampires now. As she moved towards him she noticed large wound in his abdomen and heavy bleeding "Please I can help you. If you tell me what has happened, I can help"
Erato bent down over the man and waited for a response forgeting completly the other occupants of the inn

Edited by Evenstar, 07 June 2004 - 10:39 PM.

#42 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 12:58 AM

As the man stumbled through the door and collapsed, Styx's ears picked up his faint words, his plea for help...
After a moments hesitation and uncertainty she felt the power rise within herself and she swiftly pushed her self up from the seat and away from Tahmores, her entire attitude changing in mere moments, no longer jovial and teasing, but instead serious. She was still calm, still almost unmoved by the action around her... but serious...

She knew her power and she knew she should be using it, but more than the sense of duty... she wanted to help. Or at least to try and help...

But as she began to move forwards, the young woman cut infront of her and rushed to the fallen warriors side... and for just a moment that calm flickered. She froze... Something about the girl was familiar, almost too familiar. She knew that girl, she was sure of it...

<How sure?> she thought faintly <She looks like... she looks like...>

"Come now, Erato" she murmered softly to herself, memory triggering the words even though she didn't wish to speak them

Come now Erato, thy poet's mind inspire,
And fill his soul with thy celestial fire!
Relate the past; her ancient kings;
Men, their arms, the state of things

<Hear me ... and reveal to me the fate of men and their arms>

They'd heard, all of them had heard... of what was meant to have happened where Even's girl had been staying. Even though she had left them, they had kept contact, kept some brief protection trailing her until the chaos of that day. That day... when the slaughter had been thought absolute, when they had been forced to admit that the worst had likely come... and now she might not have fallen?

"Erato..." even now she was unwilling to dwell on the thought... the girl, surely this girl couldn't be Evenstar's...

But to reappear... so close to their home? Wouldn't she... have said something? Surely she would... have made herself known to them? Unless...

<Unless what?> she asked herself <It can't be. I want it to be... but surely it can't be?>

"Here... let me help you" she smiled slightly as she knelt besides the healer, but the smiles wasn't as light as usual... in fact was almost grim as Styx passed her fingers through the blood that lay spreading across the floor. She glanced back over her shoulder at Tahmores, glanced momentarily up at Morbid... and then back again

"You may have picked a bad place to seek help warrior" she murmered almost silently as she stretched to reach her bag, hunting through it for some supplies that might help "Come warrior... can't be your time just yet hm? We were toasting lost souls, not asking for volunteers to join their ranks.... Speak to us"

She looked at the girl again. The resemblance to Evenstar was uncanny... her resemblance to Evenstar... was painful

"Healer... you pray to your gods and I'll pray to mine hm? ... and if they still heed me after the associations I've had of late, we'll see what we can do for this man"

"Come on warrior. The healer and I want to help you. It would be nice... if you would let us"

Edited by Charon, 08 June 2004 - 11:30 AM.

#43 edawg5150

edawg5150
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 07:06 AM

I felt death settling in as I lay on the floor of the inn, my thoughts were clouded by the pain that coursed through my entire being, I tried to open my eyes to look to see if someone had come to aid me, but blood had seeped into them the moment I tried, I heard voices, but could not make out what they were saying, as I drifted further into death's grip. " There is nothing anyone can do to help me now " I thought unable to speak or move.

#44 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 09:21 PM

Tahmores just sighed. Who did this guy think he was? Interrupting a conversation so rudely? Tahmores shook his head and began to swish his drink around in his wine-glass glancing up to Morbid then away again in a cool, calm manner.

Shame this man was going to die. Tahmores probably would've helped but...the mood didn't really strike him...which might've been a good thing seeing how another mood would have made him pounce the man and rip his entrails straight from the body.

He flicked some hair out of his face again, continuously swirling the crimson drink in his glass. As long as Tahmores didn't have to clean it up, it wasn't his concern.
Posted Image

#45 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 12:59 AM

"I can't help him" Styx said softly but simply as she raised her eyes to meet those of Erato sadly. Sad but... no, perhaps not even sad. Just accepting, and as grim shadows passed across her visage, some could quite easily have said her words and expression held a hint of coldness, but in honesty she was just accepting the facts. She sighed slightly, feeling the need to explain her statement

"It isn't that I won't help, it's more that I can't. When someone is in such a state... when they've given up hope on the ideal that they can live, on the ideal that someone can help them... well I truly can't help them. Erra, he knows he is dieing, and he doesn't think anyone can help him. If he isn't prepared to believe that... if he isn't prepared to fight that there's simply nothing I can do"

"And I sense... that he isn't prepared to stop thinking that way. Perhaps he can't stop thinking that way, I'm not him, I don't know... but he isn't prepared to believe I can help, and I know what that does to my power- it makes it near nonexistant. I'm not going to waste my time Healer. I'm not"

Slowly she looked back down at him, the power at her fingertips fading as she shook her head. She's healed him slightly... but she simply didn't have the ability to force his body to fix itself. His wound was simply too great for her magicks and prayers...

"I want to help him. Truly, I loathe that I can't. Perhaps, perhaps you can..." she shrugged, then from her kneeling position she rocked back onto her toes before pushing herself up "but you're on your own. I'm sorry"

Standing solemnly she looked down at her bloodstained hands. So few had batted so much as an eyelid when he'd made his stumbled entrace... such things were common here. This was just one of many, she knew that, she remembered that from when she used to live in the town. She sighed again before wiping her hands against her thighs, wiping the blood from her hands and onto her clothing.

Silently she kicked her bag, sending it back to the seat where she had been, before following its travel and reaching for the drink she had left on the table and somewhat awkwardly retaking the seat she had previously sat in, no matter how uncomfortable its proximity to Tahmores made her.

"I really am... sorry healer" she murmered too softly for the woman to hear as she looked back at her. It wasn't the fact that she couldn't heal the man that bothered her, she accepted that... she was more uncomfortable with the fact she had simply walked away. More uncomfortable with the fact that she, like the other frequenters of the establishment... was distancing herself from the entire circumstance simply because she couldn't do anything, and now, just like many of them, she was going to try and pretend nothing was wrong...

"Sorry... for spoiling our conversation" she apologised to Tahmores with a weak smile as she took another sip of the drink

<Times like this... it would be good if I liked to drink alcohol>

#46 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 03:17 AM

Tahmores smirked as he took another false sip of his glass.

"Don't worry about it. Can't save them all," he murmured, watching as the crimson liquid danced around in its container.

"Shouldn't even try."
Posted Image

#47 trigger happy

trigger happy
  • Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:08 PM

wont make this long just wanted to say this is tight..i injoyed reading these posts(most of them). and would like to reply something of my own sometime if there is another rp topic made so after this do another one! *clap*clap*

#48 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:42 AM

"Of course we should try" Styx protested softly as she looked at the ground "Maybe we can't save everyone, but we can save some"

"It's sad... if you begrudge others help"
she murmered, tapping her fingers idly against the edge of her glass, now empty, before she sat it down on the table and gave him a wry smile "Everyone deserves a chance. You say... I shouldn't try. If... if I didn't try... I wouldn't be me. And if I weren't me, there's no way I'd be here, and you'd be listening to someone else prattle on right now"

#49 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:54 AM

"...And if I did care, then I wouldn't be me. And if I wasn't me, then you'd be listening to some other person and I'd be over here talking to that other person that would replace you. Then, you'd probably have this same argument with my other self, meaning you'd be talking about this exact same thing but to my other self. Then, because my other self isn't exactly myself, my otherself would probably say the exact opposite of me, leading us back to where we started.

Ironic how that works, wouldn't you say?" Tahmores said as he took another false sip, pretending to enjoy the taste.
Posted Image

#50 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 02:25 AM

*She watches all of this in silence as a low grumble tumbles from her lips .. the smell of fresh blood causing her eyes to darken in hunger .. she lets her sapphire eyes travel from one to the other.. She noticed several things:

One, the dark stranger who walked in slamming an innocent from the bar into Viper Street.. there was something sadistic, dark and chaotic of him.. she liked it.. And what a fool to try to hide the crimson he poured into the cup, it was rather obvious to one who actually watched..

Two, the woman Styx showing compassion although she wastes valuable time arguing with Tahmores.

Three.. the stranger, who smells of a daywalker offering her assistance. She moved quickly to the man on the floor.. but, there was something oddly similar to the woman styx about her.. her eyes perhaps.

Four, and not suprising she thinks to herself, Tahmores withholding help. Along with that, he didn't trust her for he hadn't touched his wine.. Sure, he had sipped it, but the level of the liquid didn't diminish, therefore his drinks were a ruse. Pity, it was rather good. The thought makes her smirk with the knowledge.. perhaps he was smarter than she thought, although she didn't poison it.

Fifth, the man on the ground .. she had watched him lie there for sometime now. She could "save" him, if you would call it that.. She could ensure he lived.. lived for a very very long time.. for eternity in fact.. Low sardonic laughter seems to permeate the air as she decides upon this..

Taking a final drink of her bloodwyne she leaps from the beams. Her cloak coming unhooked as she does so it billows to the ground in an elegant silky cascade the color of a midnight sky. She walks without hesitation to the mans side and pushes the stranger (Erato) from his immediate view kneeling down closer to the man her lithe body covered with a tawny colored silk shirt partially unbuttoned and dark brown suede pants the color of chocolate.. An onyx tear shaped pendant dangles about her neck landing between the swell of creamy full breasts.. With a devilish smirk she lifts the mans head, almost gently and then her fingertips tangle within his hair and she jerks his head back slightly so that he is forced to look into her eyes.. She was hungry, may as well kill two birds with one stone she thinks.. She speaks clearly but with a true danger accompanying her words.. "Oh, I can make sure you live.. the question is, do you want the things that will come with it?" her razor sharp fangs glisten precariously as she leans her head lower whispering .. "In fact, I can make sure the only way you die is with a damn stake through your heart".. with that said she releases him letting his head fall to the ground.

Funny, she used to be so compassionate, even for what she was.. but times had changed her.. Pain and betrayal had taken away the parts of her that held such warmth for others. Once more though she grasps his head and lifts the upper part of his body up.. she looks about. Gaze meeting Tahmores and then looking to the dark one who sits upon a stool.. "You mean you are going to pass up the taste of fresh blood? Are you that afraid to show your true self in the presence of others .. hmmm?, are you? Well I am not" She laughs again, her head tilting backward as her amusement falls from her lips .. the irony of this all rumbling through the inn itself. .. as she looks back up she meets the wounded mans eyes.. "Too late, my mind is made up".. and she lowers her mouth to his neck sinking her fangs painfully into the soft flesh..

#51 edawg5150

edawg5150
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:52 AM

I felt a new pain as I lay in my comatose state, I felt the rest of whatever life I had left in me being drained and was unsure what was happening. The pain that I felt within me overtook the pain of the wounds I had suffered, my faint heartbeat quickened somewhat, and I started to hear a pounding noise within my being, It was faint at first, and then grew louder by the second, I was unsure what it was, but it sounded like a heartbeat, but I knew It was not mine own, nor was it coming from me. My heartbeat continued to slow, as I felt the life being drained from me, " Is this how the reaper takes lives." I thought unable to comprehend what was happening, the sound I heard grew faster within me, and I felt myself start to slip away, "Please, Death Let me live" I prayed as I slipped away into oblivion.

#52 Evenstar

Evenstar
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 05:25 PM

Erato felt helpless when the woman styx had abandoned the man side, he had slipped in the relm of the unconsiuos, and the cruel realisation dawned upon erato, that this man could not be saved using any of her skill or medicine. A small tear fell down her soft white cheek. she knew the only way now was either to face death or an alternative that in her eyes was much much worst.

As she sat there Erato felt the starangest sensation washed over her, as she watched the mans blood seep from his wounds her blood was on fire her previously quenched thirst, was gone and the feeling of pure hunger and need for refeshment prevailed. A sudden fear overtook her she knew this feeling, she had experienced it before, the night after attack after she managed to heal herself from near death, she had come across a small child just south of night mist, the child was lying face down on the path, as she edge closer a tantalising smell had reached her nose, her blood warmed and her mouth was parched. Eato nelt down beside the child. Blood was trikleing out of a few small wound on his anlkles and arms, they appeared to her expert eyes to be small snake bites. she reached for the childs wrist to find a pulse, joy filled her when she felt a small weak pulse, she lifted her hand and noticed a few small drops of blood on her finger's, what happened next had haunted Erato to this day. At the sight of the blood her eyes glazed over, she lifted her hand to her mouth and licked the blood hungrily from her hands. With a mixture of disgust and pleasue, Erato continued to feed on the small childs blood, until the hunger was satisfied.
Erato was finished, guilt and horror filled her entire body, she became short of breath and tears cascaded from her eyes. she had to help this boy she tried with all her skill to heal the child but what little life he had left she had drained. With regret she hid the body in the long grass and fled into the night. In that instant she knew she could never return to her mother. Her place was in exile, she had to pay for her sin. Erato's life from that day had been devoted to healing lost and indured souls, saving them then disapearing into the night without a whisper of a name.

The horror of what she was feeling propelled Erato to moved but the force of this desire glued her to the spot, maybe it was the presence of so many blood suckers that had reawakened this feeling inside her, or her need to know more about the creatures of the night. Whatever it was held her gazing at this man who was fading fast. then her worst nightmare was realised the female vampire from the rafters swept over the man and seductivly sank her teeth into the mans flesh, it was happening the shock snapped Erato back to reality "what are you doing? stop it no one deseves that fate!" this was the first time she had uttered a word to a vampire in 9 years terror filled her as she watched the vampire drink and waited for a reply....

#53 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 05:33 PM

With almost unearthly speed, both of Tahmores hands were clamped upon Erato's shoulders.

"What exactly do you think you can do to stop her?" he lulled into her ear.
"Cast some hocus pocus and hope she goes away?"

Tahmores tone was harsh and blunt and his grip was oddly agressive. As he restrained Erato, he watched Morbid curiously - watched as she devoured the man and brought him even closer to the cold hand of the Reaper only to rip him back to his own body; a slave to the night.

Suddenly, Tahmores glass fell to the ground with a loud crystal, shatter. The drink spilled upon the ground and began to seep into the wooden floor-boards. The glass seemed to take its sweet time before hitting the ground, as if all that Tahmores had just said and done took place in the fraction of an instant.
Posted Image

#54 Evenstar

Evenstar
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 05:51 PM

In a flash Erato regretted her words, she felt Tahmores brute strength tearing down on her shoulders his agressive touch only to familar. but a strange new feeling occured she was able to withstand his might, her own strength grew she knew in her heart she was no match for this vampire, but i new thought filled her head she was no match for him now but she was just beggining to enjoy this strenth a little to much, she felt powerfull for the first time. "well not magic but i have killed a vampire or two in my time" Erato did not know where that had come from almost as soon as the lie left her mouth she regretted it, she knew her age would give her away and the fact that dispite her confidence something about this vampire had her shaking uncontrollably.
she also realised she had just threatened a room full of vampire's and all she could do some stupid tricks to heal people. she closed her eyes and hung her head she couldn't releve herself of his grasp, she knew she was in big trouble now..

#55 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:24 AM

*Morbid sealed her lips around the soft flesh as her fangs pierced deeply into the warm flesh.. rich crimson vitae ran over the edges of her lips spilling onto the ivory of her chin in heavy droplets.. a low moan escapes her lips as at last she can sense that her hunger will be satisfied.. her chest rises and falls with heavy breaths as she gulps mouthful after mouthful of rich blood. She can hear the others near her, she had almost stopped briefly enough to answer the woman but at last heard her pulled away.. closing her eyes she kneels over her prey and lets the succulant blood drizzle over her tongue.. rather than taking the man to total death she delays a moment.. her fingers still tangled in the fallen ones hair she slowly releases her grasp from him yet does not yet withdraw her elongated fangs.

She drinks deeply once more, the whole action lasting several minutes.. she feels the heat of the blood as it runs through her cold veins.. feels the energy of his devoured lifeforce burning through her like molten lava.. at last she withdraws her fangs, not bothering to lick up the blood that lie against his skin.. she hisses loudly as she turns to gaze at the one who tried to stop her.. her eyes no longer a deep sapphire hue but rather the color of blood itself.. Deep dark splatters of blood run from her chin to the swell of her breasts in heavy drops but she makes no move to wipe them away.. "I dare you to try to stop me" she says to Erato .. the danger lying in her eyes a very real threat.

Her gaze moves to Tahmores.. "Are you hungry Tahmores? I noticed you didn't like the wyne I conjured up for you" she asks with a slight smirk. She uses his name perhaps merely for the fact that it will let him know she realized more of him than he thinks.. and since he knows not her name it gives her a small amount of pleasure.. The fallen man has not been totally drained yet, once he is, the choice between eternal life and death will have to be made. The ball had been started rolling though, it amuses her greatly that it was she herself that gave it the first nudge.

"Come along Tahmores, I know you want to taste his blood" it is as if she is challenging him.. almost daring him to deny her wish.."unless of course you are fearful of the mortals nearby". She stands slowly, gracefully, hissing once more to the woman who had attempted to stop her.. "I am still a bit hungry deary, I would suggest you stay out of my way" she smirks.. she knew well that the woman was part vamp, she could smell it permeating from her essence. No point in making it public knowledge yet.. although.. she can not help but add.. "Unless of course, you wish to feast yourself" .. she throws her head back and laughs as she swoops down and grasps the edge of her cloak that had fell to the floor.. she pulls it about her shoulders and then licks the drops of blood from her lips at last.. only then does she leap into the wooden beams overlooking the pub.. she waits, eager to see what they all will do.. her fingertips find the onyx pendant dangling low on her neck and she twirls it.. the flames in the fireplace spurt up dangerously lighting up the shadows of the inn.

#56 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:14 AM

Tahmores' breath began to become heavier and heavier as he watched Morbid. He gripped on to Erato's shoulders tightier and tightier, his nails becoming dangerously close to breaking the skin. A sense of pure arousment pulsated through his body as the veins in his neck began to bulge forth from the skin. His eyes were blood-shot and he even began to imagine as sweat poured forth from his forehead.

It didn't matter whether he was hungry or not, the thrill of killing and maiming was what sustained him. He wanted so badly to just rip into this man, to strip the flesh from the bones and to bathe in his blood.

Tahmores gritted his fangs tightly as his cold breath slowed down. His eyes filled with some kind of pure lust as he continued to watch Morbid. A low growl escaped through his lips as he listened to Morbid. He watched as the blood slid down Morbid's figure and began to pant. How he wanted to rip into this man.

At Morbid's little taunt at Tahmores, the small bit of sanity that held him back shattered into a million pieces. He let out a mighty roar as he threw Erato behind him, imprints of his nails embedded into her skin. He leapt on to the man's body, smothered his face into his neck and began to furociously bite and gnaw. About half the blood that Tahmores was able to milk from Trystran actually flowed down Tahmores throat, the other half began to wildly fly about the room.

Tahmores face was soon coated in a deep crimson that slowly dripped from his chin. His eyes were filled with Trystran's blood which he blinked away. Time and time again, Tahmores would raise his head and roar loudly only to dive back into Trystran's neck. In a few moments, there was no doubt that Tahmores would soon rip through this man's neck and then, given another moment or so, the rest of the man's body.

Edit: Vampires don't sweat. >_<

Edited by Squee, 24 June 2004 - 03:43 AM.

Posted Image

#57 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 09:38 AM

The noble paladin, Crane, was not paying much attention to his surroundings up until now. Usually he would be hiding up in the rafters studying the vampires as if they were a pride of lions, but this time he isolated himself in a dark, secluded corner of the Tavern, mourning the loss of his loved one.

His sorrowful trance was abruptly broken when a mortally wounded person walked in and collapsed in the door, then his gaze shifted over to Erato and Styx who rushed over to assist him. Past feelings swept over Crane... he once loved Styx, but the passion was not mutual, and his recent girlfriend dumped him... unlucky with love? Perhaps. He felt a tear fall from his eye when Erato and Styx failed to revive him - he was a little puzzled by their reactions though. When one of the vampires, Morbid, launched itself at the corpse of the fallen man and then another, Tahmores, turn its fury onto Erato, he jumped up and instinctively grabbed his Justice Blade. But looking around and counting how many possible vampires were in the tavern, he quickly realised he was hopelessly outnumbered and could not intervene - feeling helpless, he sat down again and burst into tears, hoping the darkness of the corner was enough to hide his emotion.

"How can the value of life seem so worthless to these blood-sucking creatures?" he growls through his sobs. "Cold-blooded murderers!" He sits back down to finish his drink, trying to stop his tears from diluting it too much - but he could not keep his left hand off his Justice Blade; his sixth sense is tingling... someone knows he is here and is not liking his presence. He looks longingly at the door leading outside, but there is no way he can get out that way with all the commotion.

Edited by Crane, 24 June 2004 - 10:13 AM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#58 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 04:00 PM

"Ironic" Styx nodded faintly... before the world started to go too fast for her. The cloak billowed down in a flurry of motion and the sheen of silk, distracting her almost thankfully... and the next she knew the glass has crashed and shattered on the floor before she'd had time to truly take in what was happening.

Senses swirled wildly around her as she forced herself to try and work out what had happened, as she traced the movements of Tahmores that she hadn't really seen, but that her memory had somehow perceived... and swallowed hard. Erato... how much her own thoughts echoed Erato's in that moment, the plea that rose to her lips subdued only by the fact that she knew it were far too late for what she said... to mean anything.

Maybe it was what the warrior wanted... maybe. And yet something in her mind... was increasing her guilt by the second. Morbid's voice was soft and sultry as she turned on Tahmores and Erato in turn, teasing
<No, taunting> Styx's mind corrected absently, thoughts coming to her a lot quicker than reactions, as well as the brief thought that flickered before the actions came on their own <He can't take it>

Shadows danced dramatically in the corners of her vision, but in the motion... she was determined not to get left behind this time. If she'd only known what was to happen maybe she would have allowed her senses to remain dulled, maybe she would have allowed them to fall behind, to miss some sense of the brutality... but she didn't know.

A roar of fury that should have stalled her, but as Erato was flung backwards, Styx pushed off from the bench without hesitation, catching the girl as she was sent sprawling back... she herself collapsed to the floor but she had buffetted Erato's fall somewhat.
"Erra, are you okay?" she hissed, the name falling from her lips without warning... unexpectedly... and yet Styx herself never even noticed the slip.

The spray of blood hit her in the face without warning, hazing her vision as she blinked, raised her hands to her face to try and clear her vision... and choked back sickening taste in her throat as she forced herself to turn from the sight, muted horror and shock winding their way through her mind, twisting and turning withing her as she threw her gaze away in some desperate attempt not to see...

She'd wanted to help him... believed maybe even that the woman had... but <He doesn't> the thought was almost alien to her, far too rational for the situation, and far far too considered

"Stop" she choked on guilt as she dared to look back and the blood sprayed again, acrid tears burning in her eyes but never making it much further as she fought the urge to be sick, fought the urge to simply run from the inn, dissociate herself from this while she still could. She doubted any would follow... and yet...

"Stop" she threw a force in the the plea that hadn't made itself known in her voice for quite some time "Please..." the words, however she said them seemed limp, immobile... no matter what emotion she threw into them they came back somehow desperate to her ears, words she wasn't expecting to be heeded.

"This place was meant to be safe"
She had a sword, she did... but she was peaceful. Skilled... but she wasn't used to fighting people... wasn't used to fighting the monsters humanity could become when it let itself become cursed and damned... vampires...
She was used to fighting animals infused by some unknown darkness, hoardes of that deemed truly evil
<You don't deem this truly evil?> her mind shrieked at her... but she daren't allow herself to dwell on the question

"Please" she said as forcefully as she could manage. Her eyes, to those who could see them, were pleading as much as her voice was... but they were less desperate and more determined as the shadows from the roaring fire passed across her, tainting her visage. Her morality... wasn't what it once had been.
She might have let... a normal feeding pass her by, for at least it would have bought him peace. The man had been dieing... if some facade, and facade of life had been what they were offering, again she might have been able to look away. But it wasn't.
If she had to, somehow, she was going to make him leave the warrior... she didn't know how, but if she had to she would find a way.

"Please... this isn't necessary" she pleaded "Whatever shred of humanity is in you, whatever part of you I was talking to... Please... just... let the Gods take him. You are not a God. You have no right to cause him such pain in his ending"

"Please... just... please"

Edited by Charon, 25 June 2004 - 04:02 PM.

#59 Evenstar

Evenstar
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 09:41 AM

Erato felt a wave of relief wash over as tahmores threw her aside, she could still feel the imprints of his violent grip. she was greatful to styx as she caught her where she fell. when she heard the woman ask if Erra was ok she wondered at first who she was talking to, when a slight feeling invaded her chest. Erato reconised that name, it was her. memories began to flood back of her mother she remebered this was her nickname when she had been a small child how did this woman know.

in that instant Erato decided to stick with this woman as much as she could to learn more, she also knew she was a no risk to the vampires present in this room as the did not view her as much more than a pest, she did not think she would make a very good meal anyway as most of her veins ran cold.

"im fine thank you, but what are going to do about them they are going to kill him" she watch as the graceful woman stood up, styx looked powerful but strangly serene. Erra listened as styx made her plee, praying her words would have more of an effect than her own.

As she sat on the cold floor, she noticed a muffled crying sound echoing slowly round the room. someone else in here was horrified by these monsters. she tried to see where it was coming from, when the parchment she longed to read came in to her line of sight. she thought this was her best chance to read it un noticed. "be right back" she muttered quietly to styx, as stood up and walked over to the parchment.
as her eyes traced the words she realised this was the awnswer to her prayers she took a quill out of her pocket and began to write

To find the light i have been searching for - ERRA

#60 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 11:46 PM

*Morbid sits within the beams licking the rich sweet blood from her lips .. she looks down noticing a drop upon the swell of her breasts and with her index finger she wipes it off promptly sucking the blood off of it. She watches, a sardonic grin tugs across the corner of her lips.. she was actually a bit suprised that Tahmores didn't have a bit more restraint. A weakness indeed.. she can't help but think to herself "At last, he has crumbled" .. she sees the chaos, sees the woman Styx and the one whom is obviously related to her although she isn't sure yet.. try to stop it.. Tahmores out of control the blood splatters about the place. The delightful patters spraying across the room cause her own belly to rumble with further hunger but she restrains herself.. seeing that Tahmores will not change him, but rather kill him she leaps from the beams once more walking over to him..

She doesn't fear him, in fact, a small part of her hopes that he attacks her, it would be a good fight indeed.. "Enough" she says between pursed lips.. "Back off and allow me to finish my prey" she says a challenge in her eyes. She won't kill the man, she merely wanted to aggravate the other vampire and push him to his limits, to see how far he would go and how much control he would lose.. Her answer was the unrestrained fury in which he went to devouring the man.. Her gaze intense she waits.. he will either back off or there will be another blood bath in here this day, but she doesn't say as much, rather, she smiles almost demurely.. a sweet innocence to her voice that hides the underlying danger that will explode should he not do as she asks.. "he is mine" she says motioning to the surely close to death man..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users