• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 01:55 PM

On and around the Nightmist Guild of Mages, almost all of the Mages of the land had formed a crowd at the base of the hill-top. At the peak the Mage Guildmaster wielded a glowing rod, summoning the illusionary rain and lightning storms that makes this particular guild quite famous.

A few paces away from the Guildmaster stood Squee, a strange being to many people, ridiculed by some for his short-stature and furry body, and loved by others for his child-like innocence and sheer determination. All of that was however overshadowed by the very reason that the Mages had gathered today...

"Squee, Indemnis Sempiterna of Draco Honoris," the Mage Guildmaster announced, his voice magically amplified. "Your independence, self-sufficiency and perseverance has not gone unnoticed by the Council of Mages or the gods themselves. Your experience surpasses many of us, but from this day forward, you shall no longer be a Mage of the realm of Nightmist..." A few people were a little downheartened, but a few were expecting the Mage Guildmaster to play on their feelings like that; "...you are now a Sorcerer of the realm of Nightmist!"

With that, the Guildmaster handed his glowing rod, a rare and coveted Golden Staff, to the overjoyed Squee, and the crowd of Mages below erupted into cheers and applause.

((OOC: This is to celebrate Squee becoming the first Sorcerer))
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#2 Yellowcard

Yellowcard
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 08:57 PM

((OOC:This has gone unposted on for long enough......))

Thomas sees squee and shakes his hand telling him of how nice of a job he did. After they walk away from each other, Thomas tells himself that he will never wash the hand which he shook Squee's hand with....

((OOC:Congrats Squee, nice job. I wonder how long itll be til you have to share the title of sorcerer))

#3 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:28 PM

((OOC: Never roleplayed before, so flame if it's completely wrong))

As Squee, Indemnis Sempiterna of Draco Honoris struts through Viper Street, holding a magical golden rod and a golden badge pinned onto his Robe of Storm's with the word Sorcerer engraved onto it's surface he is greeted by a short, and somewhat scary stranger. Mystic graciously bows before Squee, congratulating him on his newly earned rank of Sorcerer.

((OOC: Very well done Squee, and you one-alted it all too. GJ! :())
Disaster ingame.

#4 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 01:47 PM

Pyriphlegethon grins wickedly at the diminutive man as she sees him for the first time since the ceremony she had attended not long before.

Then, she had been required to stand back as an Adept... but still, she had been thrilled to see the one she considered a friend achieve such an honored rank, even if her view had been somewhat obscured.
And... the slight scorching at the back of the room that had allowed her to sneak further forward in the excitement had been purely accidental of course.

"I bid ya greetin's mistah Squee" she curtseyed to the man with a grin. Oh it seemed mocking, but that was her way, fire in her eyes... some would call it lack of respect, but to her it would have been lacking respect to treat him otherwise "Greetin's... and congratulations. Seems they be well in order sah. busy though I'm sure you are, perhaps some time, you'll be able to teach me a few tricks. Not everyday... one gets to show off sorcery and such"

She breezed past him without saying much more... then turned back, eyes glinting, but her smile somewhat softer "Seriously though. It was well earned. And I salute you"
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#5 LoKey

LoKey
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:55 PM

Lokey watches carefully the small one that so long ago as a small and frail student of the arcane. Lokey's position in the shadows remains unnoticed throughout the ceremony. A slight smile of pride over his young friend part's Lokey's lips.

He notices the crowd surround the small frame of the newly promoted sorcerer. Lokey turns and departs, intending to track his friend down later, when there are far less people around. Speaking softly to himself as he leave, the concealed figure assures himself, "I shall see ye soon my young friend and offer my congratulations to you then."

Time passes and the days roll by and the young sorcerer finds himself scampering down Viper Street to purchase some supplies needed for the next few days. Stepping into Javaed's Supply Shop. Handing his list of needed supplies to Javaed, Squee watches the man head into the back of the shop to gather the supplies. A soft voice echo's behind the young sorcerer and catches him slightly off guard.

"Tis good to see ye my young friend. Tis been too long." After the moment of frieght wears off, the two greet each other and share the pleasantries that is befitting of close friends. "Tis a truly high honor that has been bestowed upon ye my friend. Ye have come a long way and I must say that I am truly proud to have been able to know ye. Congratulations on your accomplishment my friend. I was at your ceremony, but I'm sure ye understand why I did nae make myself seen. Ye do know how I so dislike large crowds." A slight smile forms on both of their lips.

Squee begins to speak, but his attention is quickly diverted as Javaed can be heard returning from the back. Squee hears a soft whisper of Lokey's voice simply state that he must go and upon Squee's turning back to bid his friend farewell, he finds nothing but air. The shadows have once more enveloped the man and as usual, he's left as quickly as he appeared, leaving one to wonder, was he truly ever there.

((OOC: Congrats man! Job well done!))

Edited by LoKey, 28 November 2005 - 03:55 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
~ Edmund Burke ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users