Photo

/toggle Who

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: /toggle who

Keep or Delete?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:41 AM

Lately there's been some discussion about the lameness of the /toggle who.

I myself do not support it's implementation or it's usefulness.

If you vote, feel free to post why you voted that way.

If this topic goes off-topic I'm sure it will not get any serious consideration. That being said, stay on-topic.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#2 «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»

«¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:23 AM

Ditch it please... it skews everything. It's pointless...
I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus, or occasionally pee on yourself. Hang in there you're friggin special!

#3 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:30 AM

It cleans the /who list up, I like it if everyone would just keep their main on there and /toggle their alts. Also Cody, hypocrite to the max :) Your entire party was toggled.

There are 23 characters online, (4 users).
Server Started: 03-15-2009 13:20:43
There are 0 characters online, (0 users).
Online users.

:P

P.s. I was on a checker at the moment and scouting if I wouldn't be jumped by the big bad Codster
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#4 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:46 AM

Try to keep each others personal use, or lack there of, of /toggle who out of it.

Although if you use /toggle who I don't really see why you would vote to delete it if you use it. Care to elaborate?

I don't really think it cleans /who up. I think it destroys it. That's just my opinion.

#5 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 06:58 PM

i've never agreed with it, but i don't feel strongly about it either way. i voted to delete it
Page me on Heritage

#6 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5240 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:17 PM

If the server starts to get more players again, the option of /toggle who will make quite a bit more sense. It isn't really fair for players to keep track of what characters others are using, etc.

Right now, it makes less sense with so few players on at a time.

I don't see much reason to remove the options though. If players don't like it, they can always not use it. Hence, toggle.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#7 Dublin

Dublin
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:17 PM

Not to make this into a 1a vs Main topic or anything but...

"If the server starts to get more players again, the option of /toggle who will make quite a bit more sense. It isn't really fair for players to keep track of what characters others are using, etc."

I don't see how its right on the other one, nor is it fair for them to see what monsters your training on.

Anyways, I voted to delete it as it makes no sense to hide players who are on.. Also, if it is kept on main, I would suggest making it to where a player cannot toggle every crit they are on.. They must leave ATLEAST one untoggled.

Edited by Dublin, 18 April 2009 - 10:20 PM.

#8 Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill
  • Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:39 PM

Put it on both or put it on neither. If you staff hate 1-alt enough to not want to develop it then delete it so it's only on main because there only is main. Don't care what the reasons were for putting it in (other systems of the game are abused just as heavily but no one cares about those?) but at least be consistent over servers with the terrible ideas.
1-alt: Inglastex Main: don't play

#9 «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»

«¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:42 PM

Even if you don't agree with it, why not use it if it benefits you. There are things paci's do that makes my life 1111% easier. They shouldn't be able to do. Then again i guess if you felt strongly enough about it being wrong then you just wouldn't do it...
I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus, or occasionally pee on yourself. Hang in there you're friggin special!

#10 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:21 AM

u guys do know u can just check clan sites and see what chars are on ? its useless because people can still find out whos on lol
Astinus on 1alt Only

#11 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:09 AM

I can't be bother reading up on it, so I'm going to just make an assumption. Great idea. The idea someone can simply insert an easy command to see that you're online and with whom is lame and not at all realistic. Long overdue inclusion.

Edited by Thunderja, 19 April 2009 - 09:10 AM.

I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#12 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:07 PM

it was included because it was requested sometime ago for just that server - i don't remember the exact reason
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#13 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

This may be an old topic but i just ran accross it and i can guarantee that most of main would like this to be removed so we can attract more players by atleast making the server look active.

Peacemaker both servers.

#14 Adultery

Adultery
  • Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

remove it

Adultery - Diabolic-Clorox

#15 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

there's been a few threads about "/toggle who" since it was implemented.. I also highly support removing it.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#16 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:21 AM

I vote remove it, or at the least make it so 1 crit has to be shown (someone already suggested this).

#17 BerserkedFrenzy

BerserkedFrenzy
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:54 AM

No need to mince with words...

Remove it.

Våg®åñt §ºùl

#18 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:38 PM

Lol, This was a dumb idea to begin with. it shouldn't have ever been put in and I'm amazed it's lasted as long as it has. Especially since the server size is abysmal. New players would already think the game has few players even without it, so with it you can imagine how it looks to people.

-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#19 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

Lol, This was a dumb idea to begin with. it shouldn't have ever been put in and I'm amazed it's lasted as long as it has. Especially since the server size is abysmal. New players would already think the game has few players even without it, so with it you can imagine how it looks to people.

I'd hate to disagree with someone who uses Chief Lazurus from Lethal Weapon 5 as their avatar. Awesome. 

I think the 1 crit un-toggled idea is best. Shows people who to contact. 80 characters, 4 users doesn't look any more active than 4 characters, 4 users. 

Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#20 BerserkedFrenzy

BerserkedFrenzy
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:44 PM

Let me cite this, straight from the Nightmist Online mainpage (http://www.nightmist.co.uk), reading the second paragraph of introduction of Nightmist:

Nightmist is a community-based game. Player interaction is an integral part of gameplay, from the transaction of various armors and wares, to player-versus-player combat. Because the dynamic nature of the game may be a little confusing to those unaccustomed to the text-based genre, in-game help can be easily activated by typing 'help' at any time.

/toggle who contradicts that.

Need I say more? Remove it. Easy as pie. B)

...or change it to one main. Whichever is preferred... :ph34r: 

Suggestion to change (if whining persists):

Function: /toggle main

Use: Shows the character on /who, as a main character or character only visible.

Description: Log on 20 alts as you will. Any character that has /toggle main turned on will appear on /who, provided that the character is logged on first. If all 20 alts have /toggle main turned off, then the first character that logs on will show on /who list. If you log on 19 alts with /toggle main turned off, and then log on the last crit (20 alt max, of course) that has /toggle main turned on, that crit with /toggle main turned on will show instead of the first crit you logged on with /toggle main turned off.

Våg®åñt §ºùl

#21 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

I agree who should only show the number of players on not the crit names etc. And the Icon from the site should be taken off aswell. This change alone would make  this game 30x more intresting. Or it would have before..

Freek ingame.

#22 brewcrew

brewcrew
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

it sucks to suck.

Prophet 1a #1 pande pwning clan!

#23 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:18 AM

Good point. I like that idea. 

Just have /who show number of users online and not the users names. I mean almost everyone's /friend & /enemy lists are comprehensive enough to let them know. 

So, only the cool kids will know when the cool kids log on?

#24 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

But what about the not so cool kids, how will they interact with other not so cool kids?   This game is not very new user friendly.

#25 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

I'd hate to disagree with someone who uses Chief Lazurus from Lethal Weapon 5 as their avatar. Awesome. 

I think the 1 crit un-toggled idea is best. Shows people who to contact. 80 characters, 4 users doesn't look any more active than 4 characters, 4 users. 

LOL I just saw this. First person on any forum that I've used this as my avatar to know who it was. <3

You don't mess with Chief Lazarus man. Cause even sharks need water!!!

-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users