Exp Share

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ushka

ushka
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 09:59 AM

I think that when you enter a party exp should get shared.

Good Points:
1) crits who dont deal as much damage can still level at a similar rate.
2) lone players can join other groups and help get rewards.
3) clerics will be more tempted to join a group, so it isn't just made of all alts.

Bad Points:
1) people might slack off and still get the exp
2) will take slightly longer to level.

To make sure people cant group with arch's or other high level players..
/party - like it is now, just following
/group - my idea, can only group with people 2 or 3 levels within your range.
also:

Mr.A is lvl 10 and groups Mrs.B whos lvl 12 now Mr.C whos level 8 can join because he isnt within 3 levels of all the members. so as soon as Mr.A and Mrs.B grouped the level range is 10-13. (Within three levels of both groupies)

Well just post what you think =/
I dont intend on getting rid of /party, just to add this to help solo players and weaker players. :P

#2 Horny

Horny
  • Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 10:05 AM

I like the idea, tho i doubt it will be added... o.o
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

#3 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 11:37 AM

This is not going to happen. Different classes are meant to be more or less difficult to train. By adding this, you would be effectively making all classes as easy to level as the easiest class of that level.

Example #1: I start a party of six mages and six berserkers at level 1. I train them a few levels in the arena, then take them into the swamps. I kill things in the swamp with my berserkers while my mages do nothing. Sure, my berserkers will gain experience at half the rate that they normally would, but my mages will advance at a much faster rate and with no expenses for mana. I make sure that I keep everyone at the same level, which will be simple since everyone will gain experience at the same rate since the gained experience is shared. By the time they leave the swamps, I've got a team of six level 26 mages who have NEVER HIT A SINGLE THING. Would I (and other players) be willing to do this? Absolutely. Compared to the expense and trouble of training a mage, this would be much, much simpler.

I've spent too much time on this already.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#4 Steam

Steam
  • Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 11:50 AM

This is not going to happen.  Different classes are meant to be more or less difficult to train.  By adding this, you would be effectively making all classes as easy to level as the easiest class of that level.

Example #1:  I start a party of six mages and six berserkers at level 1.  I train them a few levels in the arena, then take them into the swamps.  I kill things in the swamp with my berserkers while my mages do nothing.  Sure, my berserkers will gain experience at half the rate that they normally would, but my mages will advance at a much faster rate and with no expenses for mana.  I make sure that I keep everyone at the same level, which will be simple since everyone will gain experience at the same rate since the gained experience is shared.  By the time they leave the swamps, I've got a team of six level 26 mages who have NEVER HIT A SINGLE THING.  Would I (and other players) be willing to do this?  Absolutely.  Compared to the expense and trouble of training a mage, this would be much, much simpler.

I've spent too much time on this already.

Also another point you could have 1 mage with invis few high lvl crits and like a party of 20 lvl 1s, u could invis all the lvl 1s obviously you might need more than one mage, but then just go train your high crits while low crits get exp

dunno if ya said that but i just read first line lol

Edited by Steam, 13 November 2004 - 12:25 PM.

Mckay: I passed out from manly hunger

http://www.youtube.com/steam56

#5 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 12:03 PM

I don't like it at all. Its just not how I see Nightmist being played. It is a game where you train each character to gain experience for that character and I like it that way. Your success is at your expense, not by scrounging off one really good crit to train all the others.

#6 Steam

Steam
  • Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 12:25 PM

Just to add my point was suppose to be bad if ya was saying that to me but if not totaly agree
Mckay: I passed out from manly hunger

http://www.youtube.com/steam56

#7 lordmaster

lordmaster
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 12:27 PM

no no no! it just cant happen. the idea of making this happen is impossile to think of. Yes people will slack off and yes people will find it harder to lvl up. plus the idea of only having people in your party who are 3 lvls in range? i dont think so.it would ruin the whole party command. Do not let it happen is what i say! :P

#8 lordmaster

lordmaster
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 12:30 PM

if this idea of yours comes true then you might face ruining nightmist and could you live with that? :P

#9 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 12:38 PM

if this comes in i'll just use more alts :P i don't support it.
Even in death my hate will go on

#10 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 05:31 PM

if this happens Nm should be renamed - The battle of the pplz with 1 high crit and have the best computer to log on the most alts!

What a mouthful :P
Stadic Ingame...

#11 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 05:32 PM

And this would also make stats not matter while training.....
Stadic Ingame...

#12 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 08:39 PM

I can see it as a useful addition to a version with limited alts..
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#13 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 09:00 PM

I can see it as a useful addition to a version with limited alts..

yup but we don't ahve that so for this version it suxors :P
Even in death my hate will go on

#14 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 09:30 PM

if this idea of yours comes true then you might face ruining nightmist and could you live with that? :P

if this happens Nm should be renamed - The battle of the pplz with 1 high crit and have the best computer to log on the most alts!

hahahahahahahaha

No seriously. Where have you guys been? Those things already happened like uh...years ago.

Westcoast

#15 dec

dec
  • Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 10:49 PM

i agree with oracle, normally im all for sharing the wealth and the such but no in exp terms
Roses are red
Violets are blue
In Soviet Russia
Poem write you!

Belzabar in-game

#16 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 11:52 PM

I don't support the sharing of experience. Really, you as a crit only get experience when fighting the enemy yourself, not when your friend (another alt) does it for you. Secondly, I could simply tag a mage or some other hard-to-train class along with an alt party and kill everything with Thieves or Berserkers, or use a mage as a mana holder while my Cleric and Paladin enjoy themselves healing some Vampire Bats or Tomb Spirits.

Too many people will get too many Archmaster crits too quickly and Nightmist will be made 'easier'.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#17 Ambushed

Ambushed
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 02:31 AM

I agree with Crane 100%

I also agree with everyone else, mostly, it would just wreck the game as we know it now.

And Alone said it'd be a nice addition for a limited-lvled game, I agree with that...

Sorry Ushka, just can't support your idea on Exp Sharing. Good Job for trying though.
Ambushed in-game.

Play Time : 1 year 10 months

#18 -=Carbon=-

-=Carbon=-
  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:40 PM

So just say your going to dessy with Arch cleric arch zerk and low lvl thieves...keep the thieves in covert, zerk at something and at same time the thief/thieves get alot of exp and therefore lvl much faster...it would be nice yeah but lets face it, its kinda cheating...

Edited by -=Carbon=-, 16 November 2004 - 08:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users