Photo

Cleric Weapon

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the Staff of Prophets be created?

Should the Staff of Prophets be created?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Ambushed

Ambushed
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 11:52 PM

I know I tried the Prophecy Blade and I decided it wasn't worth it. But some people were talking about a cleric weapon. Others said the Sovereign Sword was added and another weapon is not likely to be added. But oh well, I guess I can try.

This weapon is designed for the people that cannot afford or don't want to buy a Cobalt or other expensive weapons. I designed this with less base damage so others can afford it. I just feel the weapons being created lately are too expensive. This weapon might be kind of expensive, but not outrageous like some of NightMist's weapons.

Library info for Staff of Prophets:
Base damage: 22, Can be used by: Clerics, Description: You can tell right away that the staff is hand crafted from the best wood in all of NightMist's forests. The staff can inflict great amounts of damage because of its powerful magic. There is an orb with an inscription on it. No one knows what it means exactly., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

You may have seen my "Prophecy Blade" and say "he's too much into Prophecy" but I just couldn't think of a name and decided that since the blade was a failure, let's see how the staff does.

Edited by Ambushed, 09 November 2004 - 11:56 PM.

Ambushed in-game.

Play Time : 1 year 10 months

#2 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 02:04 AM

I'd say that you need to let go of the word "prophecy" but you already know that it's not helping your cause.

Secondly, I don't see why a Cleric needs this.

So it's Magical, what cleric actually tries to help take down the CG other than by healing its party members? Sure, they might get the odd hit here or there if they have the stamina to burn... but the majority of time is spent healing.

If it's a kind of "bragging" tool then it's still not that great. Which Cleric do you think will be looked on better - the one with Divine Restoration or the one with a shiny staff?

I suppose someone could want to get both... but that doens't do anything to help the game.

All in all, I don't see this as necessary - especially not for Clerics.
Posted Image

#3 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 05:24 AM

I think the suggestion is idiotic to be honest. Angelic Scepter was not introduced long ago, and does not need to be improved upon.
I also do not see any point in adding it into game. Clerics are fairly well off.

If it was changed to be exactly like the current Angelic Scepter and put in the shop with the Angelic Scepter for the same price or 5k more (something that doesn't matter much at least)---it would create a bit of variety. I think you should post the item (when made even with Angelic Scepters) on the topic in Game Developement.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#4 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 07:33 AM

hmm clerics heal they don't need a weapon :S and i agree with the ppl above :P
Even in death my hate will go on

#5 Wafer

Wafer
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 12:53 PM

What clerics need is something to add variety to the boring, boring warhammer!

Same stats as the wh, just call it a mace with a purdy piccie, cas clerics are stuck with the wh for what seems like 100lvl's and I hate looking at it!

:P

#6 Angelic

Angelic
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 08:13 AM

Library info for Mace:
Base damage: 5, Can be used by: clerics, druids, fighters, paladins, berserkers, Description: The mace is a direct descendant of the basic club, being nothing more than a wooden shaft with an iron head mounted on the end. The head on the end of the mace is riddled with sharp points, enabling it to maim and tear flesh. Being a cumbersome weapon, most warriors find it troublesome to use as they develop higher levels of skill., Level needed to equip it: 5, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: skeleton:1.25|skeletal:1.25, Mana leech: .

:P
Ç®åz¥ Åñgë£ äká º»½ GøôÐ G ½ ßåÐ G«º

Crith/Angelic in-game.

#7 -=Carbon=-

-=Carbon=-
  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:22 PM

who said it was for lvl 10's?

#8 Clinique

Clinique
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:10 PM

cleric gets staff of serenity lvl 19, then staff of elements lvl 20. maybe staff of serentiy should go down to like lvl 16 to equipt but no the clerics dont need another weapon,because most clerics never use there weapons anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users