Account Stolen

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
95 replies to this topic

#1 Kazul

Kazul
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 08:32 PM

Today when i tried to log into my main account i was unable. I spoke to jlh about it and found out that the email my account was registered at was changed from ryan's email address to gotyasuckker@yahoo.com. In response JLH has been nice enough to ban my account. So whoever you are that stole my stuff, hope u enjoy the account that you can't get into. In a week i will get it back, and i'm having fun with Starwars Knights of the Old Republic neways, this will just give me time to beat it.

So see everyone in a week, and yeah, whoever did this, pray i dont' find out who u are. Because i will make every second of you being on nightmist inkeeping with the ideas of my clan a living Hell if i'm online.

Edited by Kazul, 27 May 2004 - 09:00 PM.

Solitude can be the birthplace of both genius and madness...

Can be reached In-Game on:
Kazul
Stonesour
Hangover
Maximus

#2 S-D-A

S-D-A
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 08:35 PM

ouch srry joel/ryan,
go kick some Starwars Knights of the Old Republic butt!!

see ya in a week lol

#3 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 08:38 PM

gotyasuckker@yahoo.com ROFL...

Well heres just another selected thing that staff will help out with, yet..they "dont support sharing" and if someone gets their acct jacked "its not our problem" ....selective helping... :)

EDIT: I'm not for them losing their stuff or anything..but i just dont get the helping some people and not others thats all...

Edited by Epic, 27 May 2004 - 08:42 PM.

#4 Kazul

Kazul
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 08:45 PM

if ryan stole the account yeah, i would be sol because i share w/him, but ryan didn't, so that is not a sharing theft therefore, you are wrong in that sense epic.

Kazul
Stonesour
Hangover
Maximus

#5 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 09:03 PM

I wasn't saying he did.. in MOST cases if someone shares..staff wont do anything cause thats already "against the rules"

#6 Medora

Medora
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 09:36 PM

I know who took the account. I did. I was going to click on a file on my desktop, and I accidently hit the old autologin box from when I shared with limit, and it loaded up the account. At first I was a little shocked, for one that I still had that icon on my desktop, and two that anyone that shared with someone, called them all sorts of names, would change their pass back to what it was when they shared. Maybe alot of people are going to think this bad of me. What I did was 100% legal. He had given me the pass, he changed his pass after we fell out yes, but he changed it back. It was pure luck that I hit that icon. You know I wasnt even going to claim what I had done. I made an email account specifically for this, used my friends pc to take the account, I wasnt going to say anything about it. But then, I thought back to some words that were said, and how I thought that a week according to this post was not enough. Judge me if you will, what Ive done is perfectly legal. I didnt hack, I dont have access to passwords, if he hadnt of given me the password then I wouldnt have had it. If hed have never changed it back to what it was, I wouldnt have it. Whats done is done, and I now Ive spoken my peace.

Being the type of person that I am, I am easily offended by people calling me names. Doing this is my way of taking revenge, when I can do nothing else. Now Im going to ask Nightmist as a whole, If someone had hurt your feelings, called you names, and you had access to their account, even if 6 months after the fact, would you take the account? If after youd confessed to what you had done, knowing that it could not be held against you because you didnt break any rules, would you give the account back?
I dont trust anyone, and I especially dont trust people's motives.

#7 Kazul

Kazul
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 09:41 PM

the fact is i did nothing to you kimmy and this is not just ryan's account. If you recal i have never done a thing to you, and you are supposed to be staff, but i guess if this is what truly happened than no, technically you don't have to give back. I would hope you'd have enough integrity to return something that doesn't belong to you to people who have never stolen from anyone in this game.

Kazul
Stonesour
Hangover
Maximus

#8 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 09:42 PM

I couldn't care less about it if it was somoene else, but you're staff i would expect a certain level of maturity from you. Calling eachother names is kindergarten stuff, if you're offended by it and feel this is a solution then why did you ever became staff. Cause im sure being staff will get you a lot more abuse, and if this is your response to that....
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#9 Bean

Bean
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 09:47 PM

I agree with warlord mostly...

You're expected to be an example to the players of nightmist. I would expect more mature behaviour from someone that has been chosen for staff... Especially you medora.
Copying from one is Plagiarism
Copying From many is Research.

It's so exciting I need to poo~Deval

#10 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 09:52 PM

I would return the account myself. Regardless of what happened in the past it is never alright to take something that isn't yours. In my opinion anyway. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Medora, it is obvious that you have integrity or you would not have admitted to the innocent mistake. I am not condoning anyone calling anyone else in game names. I am fully against theft in any shape or form.. I do not know of the past between yourself and Ryan, Ryan has always been cool with me, and as it seems, was once friends with you as well. Am sure that you will do the right thing.

One thing to note: As Medora said, anyone that has access to your account, is a liability. One must decide when and if it is worth it to share their crits/account. She did nothing wrong by logging into the account that was set on autologin. What is done from this point forward, am sure Medora will do the honorable thing.

*hugs to all*

Good day,
Amy of Draco

Edited by Amy, 27 May 2004 - 09:53 PM.

~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#11 Medora

Medora
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 09:53 PM

Joel, Im sorry youve gotten mixed up into this yes. You never did anything mean to me at all, and no matter what happens you will not lose your main crits. I believe in being fair. And warlord yes, Im used to being called all sorts of things, it hurts my feelings but I get over it. Theres a difference between a total stranger calling you names and a supposed friend lashing out at you. A stranger saying things to me is laughable, they do not know me. Someone that claims to be my friend being so childish and so hurtful towards me, thats when I react.

I did not do anything as a staff member. As a staff member I am completely fair to everyone. I do what I am supposed to do. Being staff does not make me any less human than anyone out there. My staff position should have absolutely no light on this subject. This is me, as a person, acting as I believe most anyone would.

#12 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 09:55 PM

I did not do anything as a staff member. As a staff member I am completely fair to everyone. I do what I am supposed to do. Being staff does not make me any less human than anyone out there. My staff position should have absolutely no light on this subject. This is me, as a person, acting as I believe most anyone would.

You're either always a staff member or never, thats like Bush smoking dope in his "off-time"...
Angelus ingame.

#13 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 09:57 PM

You're either always a staff member or never, thats like Bush smoking dope in his "off-time"...

This is RPG, you can be two different people. So no, its not like Bush smoking dope...
«¤Mêad¤»*

#14 Bean

Bean
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 09:57 PM

The point is, your not 'most anyone' your a staffer, and that entails you have a mature, and fair mannered mind. Seeing something as.... well Childish as this coming from a staffer is disconcerting.

Wether or not he hurt your feelings, or called you names is irrelevant. You stole something from him, which is in no way shape OR form, right. Just because you admitted to it, and plied for a vote of sympathy doesnt mean anything. What you did was still wrong.

The fact that you are a staffer just makes the indiscretion that much more severe.

#15 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 10:01 PM

Erm....not to turn this into a flame Medora thread, i do respect you as a staffer and think you're doing an excellent job. But you still slipped up, it happens but dont be offended if we aren't all forgiven right away...
Angelus ingame.

#16 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 10:02 PM

I know who took the account. I did. I was going to click on a file on my desktop, and I accidently hit the old autologin box from when I shared with limit, and it loaded up the account. At first I was a little shocked, for one that I still had that icon on my desktop, and two that anyone that shared with someone, called them all sorts of names, would change their pass back to what it was when they shared. Maybe alot of people are going to think this bad of me. What I did was 100% legal. He had given me the pass, he changed his pass after we fell out yes, but he changed it back. It was pure luck that I hit that icon. You know I wasnt even going to claim what I had done. I made an email account specifically for this, used my friends pc to take the account, I wasnt going to say anything about it. But then, I thought back to some words that were said, and how I thought that a week according to this post was not enough.  Judge me if you will, what Ive done is perfectly legal. I didnt hack, I dont have access to passwords, if he hadnt of given me the password then I wouldnt have had it. If hed have never changed it back to what it was, I wouldnt have it. Whats done is done, and I now Ive spoken my peace.

Being the type of person that I am, I am easily offended by people calling me names. Doing this is my way of taking revenge, when I can do nothing else. Now Im going to ask Nightmist as a whole, If someone had hurt your feelings, called you names, and you had access to their account, even if 6 months after the fact, would you take the account? If after youd confessed to what you had done, knowing that it could not be held against you because you didnt break any rules, would you give the account back?

:)

this is confuseing but so in short you stole it or what ?

I mean cmon if I acted that way when someone called me names lmaooo :)

stealing is still wrong lolz 2 wrongs never make a right anyway

Edited by Rappy_Ninja, 27 May 2004 - 10:03 PM.

Page/Memo Beatrix

#17 Shane

Shane
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 10:08 PM

Wow, what a turn of events.

Well I have about 10 cents to put in and then .... lol

Medora, I do not agree with you on one thing you have said. You said that you being staff should not have any light on the subject. I think it should, you are staff in the game, and you should set an example in the game. Find some other way to get back at whoever it is that hurt you. Words are nothing but words. Sure they might hurt but in the end the words just show you who is your friends and who never was.

"Before my time is done I will look down upon your corpse and smile!"

#18 Zylia

Zylia
  • Members
  • 64 posts

I'm not sure what I think about this.

On one side, the theft is legit. If rules apply, then rules apply. Staff get no special treatment therefore the case should be handled exactly as it should with regular players.

On the other hand....... I feel that staff should be setting a good example for the community even though rules are rules and a many people would've taken the same action as Kimmi (that being that if you have the password, you are legally allowed to do what you like with the account).

Either way I think it proves a point of the risks in sharing.

If you return the account I wont think more of you Kimmi, if you don't return the account I wont think less of you. It's your choice. This is my opinion though, I can't speak for the rest of Nightmist.

Edited by Zylia, 27 May 2004 - 10:10 PM.

#19 Kazul

Kazul
  • Members
  • 179 posts

one thing you don't understand is that that entire account is my mains just as much as they are ryans. Either give the entire account or nothing at all. Every crit you would consider my main was worked on by ryan just as every crit you could call ryan's main was worked on by me. I'm asking you to please return what i have worked very hard to earn, as a staffer and as a decent human being i'm asking you to do whats right. Like you said yourself, i have never done anything to you, and i want what is mine returned to me.

Kazul
Stonesour
Hangover
Maximus

#20 Playful

Playful
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 10:11 PM

Without mentioning any names, I was in a situation where I shared acct's with an in game husband. When we split up he was unjustfully horrible, so changed his pass and e-mail address. After doing so I realized that made me just as bad as him, so being the person that I am I got no satisfaction from it and returned it. Not that any of that matters, I'm just trying to make a point. Why would you want to be as bad as others doesn't make you feel any better really and its not right. I'm not judging you in anyway Medora just giving you something to ponder.

#21 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 10:13 PM

On one side, the theft is legit. If rules apply, then rules apply. Staff get no special treatment therefore the case should be handled exactly as it should with regular players.

lol so in that case tevlok shouldent be banned

what I am driveing at is no matter who steals all should be punished not just some or 1-2 either ppl who steal are punished or not
I mean :)

Edited by Rappy_Ninja, 27 May 2004 - 10:15 PM.

Page/Memo Beatrix

#22 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 10:15 PM

When it comes to it, I think medora (as her mortal/non-staff self) did what most of us would have done and it was legal.

#23 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 10:16 PM

When it comes to it, I think medora (as her mortal/non-staff self) did what most of us would have done and it was legal.

-nods-

Sort it by deleting everything :)
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#24 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 10:17 PM

I remember I shared with one guy and even though he ****ed me off I never stole his stuff even though I had afew chances so :)
Page/Memo Beatrix

#25 Despair

Despair
  • Members
  • 399 posts

I thought Tevlok was officially banned for being an annoyance and threatening to hack the server, JLH tested him told him he had so long in which to do so and if he didn't he was perma banned. The server wasn't hacked so he was banned
If I were the rain... that binds together the Earth and the Sky, whom in all eternity will never mingle... would I be able to bind two hearts together?

#26 Bean

Bean
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Are nightmist players THAT shallow??

God help us all.

#27 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 10:19 PM

I thought Tevlok was officially banned for being an annoyance and threatening to hack the server, JLH tested him told him he had so long in which to do so and if he didn't he was perma banned. The server wasn't hacked so he was banned

banned for theft not for annoyance he never did and most of ppl on nm trash talk so acording to you guys its all good :)
Page/Memo Beatrix

#28 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 10:24 PM

Regardless of if it was "legal" or if "I would have done the same thing if I was in her situation", you shouldn't steal... especially if you're a staff member. I always get lectured about "setting a good example" and "leading others by example", and I wouldn't have thought that stealing from someone was setting a good example.

#29 Medora

Medora
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 10:25 PM

There was one point made Id like to elaborate on. Even though "one" of my characters in the game is a staff member, that does not mean I am getting any special treatment from this. It is being handled exactly as any other case would be. The rules say that sharing is against the rules and if you get your account stolen because of it nothing will be done. That statement, put into my own words yet spoken by another person, is exactly correct. This also shows just how easy it is for theft to occur. If you give out your password, no matter if theres a reason or not, the other person can take that account and nothing be done about it.

What I will do has yet to be decided. I knew when I considered admitting what I had done, what the consequences would be. I knew that alot of people would get upset with me. Would it have been better to wait the week and let him have his account back, or possibly degrade my own reputation by admitting what I had done. Well in the end, I decided that I would stand up for my own actions. No matter what anyone thinks is right or wrong, its my opinion of my own actions that matter to me.

Thank you Zylia, be you as indifferent as you are in this situation, I respect the way that you spoke and the opinion that you expressed.

#30 Despair

Despair
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 10:26 PM

banned for theft not for annoyance he never did and most of ppl on nm trash talk so acording to you guys its all good :)

http://www.nightmist...537;start=20#33

:)
If I were the rain... that binds together the Earth and the Sky, whom in all eternity will never mingle... would I be able to bind two hearts together?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users