Windows Vista

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:44 PM

Just downloaded NM client for the first time in years. I go to install and I got the message,

"Nightmist cannot access the registry
Registry access is required the first time you use NightMist and to store character information, please use a computer accout with registry access"

Any help?

- Thanks.

P.S. - I saw the previous thread, I got the same problem - however I'm not able to fix it yet (hence why I made a new thread with the exact error message).

Edited by PureMourning, 29 March 2007 - 10:49 PM.

Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#2 Guest_Simon_*

Guest_Simon_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:18 AM

I had this same exact problem at first for some reason. Re-installing it worked for me... =-\

#3 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:45 PM

yeh same complete reinstall...search ur pc for anything with nightmist and delete then redownload and reinstall it will fix it
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#4 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:58 AM

I've tried completely re-installing after removing all files, but I always get the same problem. On top of going to Control Panel and uninstalling the client, did you guys have to manually delete anything else?

I had to go to Program Files and delete the folder as well, am I'm missing something else?

Thanks -

#5 Guest_Simon_*

Guest_Simon_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2007 - 03:37 AM

First, try a different mirror. Be sure to temporarily disable any anti-virus software while installing as it may corrupt the files being installed. Also temporarily disable User Account Control as it is an annoyance and (depending on your processor) may overwork windows causing it to fail to write files. Also disable Windows Defender as it is a built in Anti-Spy program, and may mistakingly detect a file from nightmist as spyware and not allow it to install.

#6 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 04:48 PM

I finally got it working. Thanks for the good advice man.

#7 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:38 PM

Quicker way

www.limewire.com
Download and install

search for programs - windows XP
Download a decent OS
Install the decent OS

Download NM
Install NM
Play NM

#8 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:16 PM

I already have XP as well.

Thanks anyways though. :)

#9 Jumpsteady

Jumpsteady
  • Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:30 PM

i tried reinstalling multiple times and it still wont work on my laptop... maybe cause it games with vista on it??? i dunno... i tired everything...

#10 Regan

Regan
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 04:59 PM

If Deleteing Nightmist Compleletly doesnt work for Vista, what does?
Painless Ingame

#11 Despair

Despair
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:46 AM

if i remember correctly you have to right click on the nightmist.exe in your nightmist folder and give the program admin status which will allow it to access the registry :)

windows vista is all about security however it takes things a bit far :)
If I were the rain... that binds together the Earth and the Sky, whom in all eternity will never mingle... would I be able to bind two hearts together?

#12 foundtain

foundtain
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:24 PM

if i remember correctly you have to right click on the nightmist.exe in your nightmist folder and give the program admin status which will allow it to access the registry :o

windows vista is all about security however it takes things a bit far :)

Thanks Despair, your tip worked a treat. :)
Without this life, you are just a memory!

#13 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:05 AM

Jimmy your so good :ph34r:
Vista is a real pain in the arse. I liked XP so much better.
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#14 Alchemy

Alchemy
  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:34 AM

I know this is an old topic.. But I just got a new laptop... And it's running Vista x.x
BUT ! I found a way to get rid of that nasty administrator crap...
It's all because of the UAC (User Account Control) that Vista has implimented into itself...
So, if you disable that, you no longer have problems installing programs !
To do it, you obviously have to be an administrator so you can access the settings for users...
Then you just go to Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > Turn User Account Control on or off > Uncheck the box...
This removes that irritating feature that they added, and fixes quite a many issues with installing programs...
Hope this helps some people...

:ph34r:

Solace [[Main]] Ninja [[1a]]
-=[[ Kitty says "RAWR" ]]=-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users