Capture The Flag, Test 2

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:55 PM

We had another test of the capture the flag event, this time with the clan system in place. Thanks to the two teams who helped test:

The red team:
Ganja, DireWolf, Piggy, Beatrix, Thorazine, Smokie, Korn, Trigga, Tomb.

The blue team:
Tyranny, Gambit, Crymsin, Gouki, Ghost_Wolf, Deimos, Hansol, Spud, Masta

Please post comments on:

1) If you liked/disliked the event and whether we should run it again.
2) Whether thieves/druids/mages should be allowed in the event
3) Whether covert/invis/camo should be allowed in the event
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#2 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:56 PM

1- liked
2- yes
3- yes

druids and mages, you're sacrificing hitters--fighters and berserkers do better against damaging the other team's structure
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#3 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:57 PM

no invis/camo/covert everything else is fine
Page/Memo Beatrix

#4 Raikou

Raikou
  • Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:57 PM

Yes, thieves should be allowed in this event. Covert is a decent skill.

Invis is slightly over the top, and Camo is worst.

When i thief runs out of stamina he cant move covert. Mages and druids dont need stam to move invis.

Also the event was good, but i think the gates ect need more hp, and that only a certain ammount of people should be allowed to defend and attack. And more monsters.

#5 Zyka

Zyka
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:58 PM

Hey this is Crymsin. It was my second time in CTF and i like the event. There should be a prize for ALL of the winners though. Like 10k for each winner and an extra 15k for the person that captured the flag. Something like that. There should be like NPC footmen or something that attack the enemy.
It's pretty fun.

-Squeak-
-Crymsin-

#6 Sprint

Sprint
  • Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:02 PM

I liked the event it was sweet glad i entered
yea thieve mages and druids should be alowed in but i dont think they should be able to covert/invis/camo cuz then more mages n druids n thieves will enter and it will be lame cuz for fighters zerks and clerics it wont be fun cuz we cant attack those with the flags if they are covert/invis/camo
Sprint/Direwolf Ingame

#7 Hemp

Hemp
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:03 PM

it was awsome...thives should keep there covert...but mages and druids ...ehh...nuff said.i think it should be run often, and a gold reward, or a semi rare item given to winners.Cool idea trevayne.laters... :)

#8 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:10 PM

fine remove one skill remove all.... no berserk/smite/assassinate/rapid fire either then I say. its unfair that a berserker/thief/ranger can hit for 5/6 stam with one click, deal with me making myself invisible.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#9 Piggy

Piggy
  • Game Staff
  • 841 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:27 PM

Make it so if you got a mage on your team someone on that same team gotta leave, also is a mage with dev joins 2 people gotta leave.

This will make it fair :)

Camo/invis/covert is a pain, otherwise the event is fun

Edited by Piggy, 30 August 2006 - 06:29 PM.

Piggy Or Derlok ingame

#10 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:33 PM

I almost forgot... I'd like some comments on whether people liked the clan system. It's almost certain to stay part of the event, as it makes it much easier for me to run it, but I'd like to hear if people like/dislike that also.

This is a staff-intensive event, so it's unlikely to be run often, or run at all if there isn't a good amount of support for it.

#11 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:42 PM

if you make it 1 big mosh arena (but the pubs) you wont need a clan system because you could hit stuff no matter what and the great part is it would take care of camo etc
Page/Memo Beatrix

#12 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:12 PM

For technical reasons, the area cannot be set up as a mosh arena. It can be set to prevent invis/camo/covert, but I've not seen enough support from players to do that.

The clan system also gives the entire team clan chat, which people seemed to be using quite a bit since they were broken up into multiple parties. It also makes it easier for me to clean up the arena and ensure that everyone is re-localed.

#13 Rosso

Rosso
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:34 PM

Mages, once they run outta mana, become useless pretty quick, especially when no-one wants to kill em.

Its a good little game, but im not sure i'd use Spud in it again. I spent most of the second half hoping someone would kill me to restore my mp.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. ~Bertrand Russell

#14 Dracon

Dracon
  • Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:56 PM

so far it was cool

but the entire area should be expanded so the whole capture the flag thing u actually need to find the enemy's team. also helps ppl just rushing right after death
maybe create ups and downs
and like different areas (also monsters in certain stuff)
but to make it even more fun create buy mana/pots shop but make the lenght from one base to the other bit longer and more creative this can really help the funness of the game
It's not how hard you punch, but how deep that matters! ¤»IñÐømîñåߣ뫤

Timing...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users