Balancing Idea's

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Shera

Shera
  • Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:39 AM

Why does the damn game need to be balanced? Classes are not ment to be. The crappier (Sorry wes and crane) like fighters and paladins should be easier to level. Give them class specific bane weapons that do alot more damage to stuff. Leave all the classes as they are pvp.

Thieves are ment to be the best class, but pvp they're not. The only reason people play thieves is because of dotw. A thief 1 v 1 of the same level and equip vs most other classes will die. Its because the thieves are generally higher level, with better equip, that they seem to own.

<3 Jase

One small idea. Exchange a fighters token, + Halberd for this weapon.

Library info for Orc Bane:
Base damage: 25, Can be used by: fighters. Description: The orc bane is a bla bla bla bla i cant write descriptions at 2:30 am., Level needed to equip it: 20, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: Orc:3, Mana leech: .

Yadda yadda yadda people will level fighters yadda yadda yadda. So? The most unplayed class being played..... wow.

<3 Jase

Also the banes and stuff have to be low level, but pretty hard to obtain. Hence the need to exchange a token.
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. - Paul Fix

#2 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:53 AM

I understand your rational behind using the token, but tokens are used to level fighters from lvl 31 on up. I don't support the use of them being used to craft lower level items. I also fail to see how making a weapon that allows you to damn near click orcs, with one attack, will balance them in any way.

http://www.nightmist...showtopic=27408 < My idea to help balance fighters a lil.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#3 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:53 AM

Making a weak and underused class easier to level is balancing in itself, although you have to be so careful of high multipliers like that.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#4 Shera

Shera
  • Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:06 AM

All in all, an orc doesnt give that much exp. POD + Kill shot exp + its total hp. cant be bothered to work it out ;D. but yeh, i just suggested the token cus they were all class specific. If there were other class specific things thatd be cool too.

I wouldnt want banes for anything that people actually level on now.

Orcs i thought would be cool as we have orc tunnels that dont get used but to steal from chief ;D

But a .5 bonus on half orc players would be cool too :ph34r:
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. - Paul Fix

#5 Shera

Shera
  • Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:10 AM

And if its easier to get exp, thats balancing. If a thief takes 10 days to level to 30, and a fighter takes 5 days. Thats balancing. This doesnt have to be just for the other classes. I dont believe mages need anything. Clerics could do with a kiss of the north that works on non demonics. With clerics needing strength now for the boss, would be cool to level with reg attacks. Pallys could have dragons actually put in game and the dragonbane upped. etc

#6 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:50 AM

Thieves are ment to be the best class, but pvp they're not. The only reason people play thieves is because of dotw. A thief 1 v 1 of the same level and equip vs most other classes will die. Its because the thieves are generally higher level, with better equip, that they seem to own.

lvl 33 thieves clicking lvl 35 mages does not sound like balanced. It's not because they're higher lvl, it's because they go through too much armor, and with more stam and no new armor be added, it will continue to happen. No new armor that's too extreme will be added that would change this, cause then rangers/fighters would be extremely weak while thieves become average.

The only solution, still, is to lower thieves armor % to 50ish% instead of 75%. That's the only way to fix thieves without screwing other classes.

And then fighters/paladins need a boost of some sort.

And then all the classes are balanced once again.

(Zerks may need to be tuned down a tad too, 100% going through armor, even with their bad hit rate, might be too epic)

PvM they all seem fine, except fighters/pallies, who, not being extreme classes, do not have extreme damage for ez xp.

#7 Shera

Shera
  • Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:25 AM

a level 33 thief is ment to be able to click a lvl 35 mage.

Mages have 0 hp. They are ment to be clickable.

Thats the entire point of mages. They die. But when i ran mages i was taking out level 33-34 thieves, zerks, everything lol.

#8 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:31 AM

k. go to bed more?
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#9 Shera

Shera
  • Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:31 PM

only if you join me big boy.

#10 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:31 AM

you also suicided like a noob hardcore.. losing 10mill exp when getting clicked isnt balanced.. thieves are overpowed.. no class can round them yet they can click just about every character ingame.. (excluding zerkers which are harder to train and dont flood the game like pande noobs and their thieves :ph34r:)...

as for this idea, it should have nothing to do with balancing classes at all.. it will get the class more used maybe, but wont effect how the classes are balanced in anyway

#11 Masta

Masta
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:37 PM

I assume you meant Me too, as I am a pure fighter user on 1alt ideally:)

My concern isn't getting clicked by higher levels, its the fact that if armour is there, shouldn't it serve a purpose? Having things like armour piercing is cool e.t.c. But I have been clicked 3 times in a week on 400+hp and 92ac. Is that fair?

If you believe so, then fine. I guess I'll just have to live with it.

#12 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:55 PM

I always thought that if a thief is covert and they attempt to assassinate someone they could avoid the armor seeing as they're suprise attacking someone.

I think that when a thief isn't covert and they use the assassinate ability, armor should be taken into the equation 100% rather than only 25% or whatever it is presently. If the person sees the assassin out in the open they aren't going to let a thief just run up and cut them in between their helmet and armor, they are going to move and the thief can't get a clean kill off.
Autek in game.

#13 Stadicx

Stadicx
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:58 PM

I always thought that if a thief is covert and they attempt to assassinate someone they could avoid the armor seeing as they're suprise attacking someone.

I think that when a thief isn't covert and they use the assassinate ability, armor should be taken into the equation 100% rather than only 25% or whatever it is presently. If the person sees the assassin out in the open they aren't going to let a thief just run up and cut them in between their helmet and armor, they are going to move and the thief can't get a clean kill off.

I agree. One of two things should happen regarding thieves. Either, A.) 50% Instead of 75% armor piercing. or B.) 75% when covert and 33%ish when uncovert.

#14 Masta

Masta
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:31 PM

^^Nice ideas, especially Autek's I suppose if they are covert they do deserve some form of Armour Pierce

#15 Masta

Masta
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:35 PM

bump.

As per before, are there any more comments for this?

#16 Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill
  • Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:44 AM

Autek's ideas are far too logical to even be considered.
1-alt: Inglastex Main: don't play

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users