Crafting Ideas

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:38 PM

So yeah, I didn't see a thread for this. If a staff member wants to delete this and make they're own then sticky it, thats fine I won't mind lol.

I was going to post Lew's idea, but thats his. So i'll just list a couple bosses which I think could possibly drop different items, which maybe might be combined to make something useful.

Aet'hol - nobody goes here anymore really. Lich dust isn't too useful, neither is Amulet of the Lich.
Giant Crocodile - im being deadly serious. if it dropped something useful at a low drop rate, it'd never be in, meaning hard to get items.
Giant Centipede - ^^
Mayor - could drop some kind of weapon, or his sharp staff that he uses oh so regularly. (as a crafting item, not a weapon)
Bigfoot - no idea for this, but its in a decent position and could be useful.
Giant Water Snake - give faravar another purpose!
Blue Dragon - i only know of a handful of players who actually go to kill this anymore, another purpose it'll make it more thrilling
Spider King - waaayy to many SGs ingame. let it drop something else, spider crown or something perhaps.
Elshira - why not, maybe incorporate that and the spider king together. spider tiara, webbed gloves, something like.
Drow Warriors/Maneaters - these are a v hard area, maybe give them another use people might try get in

can't think of anymore atm.

TOO MANY ITEMS:

Halberds / Sand Wurm Hides - kinda sorted with the current update, but maybe we can work with them more?
Spider Gauntlets - make them questiesz. lol joking, but there are alot of them ingame
Crystal Rings
- jeeeezz louiseeee its like a whole different ball game with these. speedy/jps account has like 80% of these ingame

Items which have been sorted, in my personal opinion really well are Giant Hawk drops and Boots of Time, both with crafting and leveling items. GJ :ph34r:

So yeah. couple ideas hidden in this cluttered post, but basically

post crafting ideas? multi and 1a.
Disaster ingame.

#2 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:04 AM

Crocodile Shoes (1ac, +1 char, lvl 20 eq) - 0.1% drop

Improve Amulet of the Lich to 6ac

Mayor drops Golden Chain (1ac, +1 char, lvl 15 eq) - 0.1% drop
Mayor drops Sharp Staff (18bd, lvl 15 eq) - 0.1% drop

Sharp Staff + Golden Chain = Golden Bolas (28bd, +1 char, lvl 29 eq)

Crush 30 cr's in Mortar to get 3 Crystal Powders, mix with Unknown Brew to give Liquid Crystal, give to some dude to get Crystal Slippers (5ac, +3 char, lvl 30 eq)

ez
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#3 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:03 AM

Can you imagine a Pacifist with Crystal Slippers?
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#4 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:11 AM

no he cant. he cant imagine any of his items actually being implemented.

lmao. i like the idea of crushing 30 crs though, that'd be awesome.

Crocodile Head more what i was thinking :ph34r:, then you get that, Centi head, and the sewage smithy head you can give to someone (in nm) to get a badge of honor, some kind of little crafting thing for lower levels.
Disaster ingame.

#5 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:18 PM

lol, of course i can, but i thought:

who the fug plays paci's?

true story

crocodile shoooo-ooo-oooes...crocodile shoooo-ooo-oooes

google it fools

crystal slippers = win

#6 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:31 PM

found a couple posts on the old boss drops thread. if anyone can be bothered to go in there and root through all the pages we could probably find some pretty decent ideas.*

heres some to name a couple..

Library info for Crossbow of Atrophy:
Base damage: 24,
Can be used by: rangers, thieves, Description: A crossbow made of rotted flesh and bones. Demonic auras eminate from and leave a stream of blood on the path of the shot arrow., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: -3, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: .05, Poison/30s damage: 4, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Just thought I'd spice up demonic general, he drops it when he doesn't drop a halberd.

Edit: I mean really, he almost always drops a halberd, for the times he doesn't, now you can get this. there won't be very many ingame for awhile.

^i liked this

I've put tons of stuff on here you can use for that!

Flamethrower =

3 Dragon's Bile (15% Blue Dragon drop; 3% Hydra Body drop)
1 Fire Bellows (2 Cinder Lungs (3% Giant Cinder Beast drop))
1 Golden Flax Cord

And Flamethrower stats are whatever you fancy making them.

*alan, you are forbidden from quoting your own boss drops :ph34r:
Disaster ingame.

#7 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:41 PM

I have mentioned that going above the maximum ac for classes is instantly going to make it harder to implement the equipment a few times...but whatever.
Please do not point at Boots of Time unless you're going to put a -1 dex or -1 str stat on your boots.

Consider alternative equipment and stat mod equipment similar to Boots of Time and Silken Sandals of Time. Things that boost in some aspects, but retract in others.

Also, consider using shop bought items, such as Whispering Moccasins, Gauntlets of Malice, or the sort because this forces gold out of the game along with getting players more active with those shops.

PS- This all refers to main only.
Any work that players actually want to have their crafting considered for implementation (by me at least) should design for Nightmist. I am not setting up awkward crafting stuff for 1-alt.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#8 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:32 AM

I dont presanly like the idea of crafting using shop bought items, i would prefer to sit hitting a monster for a year to get a drop then getting somthing i need at a shop.
Not becuase i need the momey, it just seems more rewarding having trained and earnt the items rather then just got it from the shop

Library info for Azure Robes:
Armor base: 36, Can be worn by: clerics, paladins, pacifists, Description: These robes sparkle with azure sequins. Rotating round the body of the material are 3 enchanted stones giving extra protection against a range of attacks. The robes shine brightly and the constant rotation of the elements adds draws the eyes away from the figure of the wearer enhancing even the ugliest travelers looks . Level needed to equip it: 31, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 1, Charisma modifier: 1.

Made using

Earth stone –3 eyed jack – small rate
Fire stone - 3 eyed jack - small rate
Water Stone - 3 eyed jack - small rate

3x aura of protection

3x azure robes

3x prb of time
You have to protect each of the stones with the scrolls creating a protected stone (discp)

Then bind them to the robes using the power of timee!!!!!!!

Lol joking aside somthing like that would be nice hehe

Also not called azure robes, not sure of a suitable name.

I thinkk a HUGE area that needs a drop is the lower Drow city.... Blade maidens should drop somthing needed for a COOL crafting idea, the place is great and dangerous but there is NO reason to go down there on mortal alts.

Edited by Snoopy, 10 July 2008 - 05:37 AM.

If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#9 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:31 AM

i was gonna say, already got azure robes homie g

#10 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:59 PM

I don't support alt 3 Eye drop, nor that new Azure Robes. Perhaps like -1/2 then MAYBE. But I'm not a big fan.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#11 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:59 PM

If you could expand on your comments rather then i just dont like it, that would be peachy
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#12 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:31 PM

A bonus like wis-mod on cleric equipment would require quite a bit more work than just killing Three-Eyed Jack multiple time.

It would need to be more involved; it would also need to use more valuable equipment and multiples of the boss drops.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#13 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:01 PM

You have to kill the giant chamelion 3-6 times, 3 eyed jack many times (it barely gets killed on main). giant hawk many times. I do also think a NEW drop should be added to the drow blademaidens (only those in drow city).

Plenty of love!

Love me xxx

#14 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:05 PM

Sorry, look into using up items that are overly abundant in the game now, along with possible gem drops from monsters or bosses.

Leave the little bosses alone. If new players come along, there should be at least mini-bosses that aren't always camped by players. :ph34r:

Perhaps I should make a post outlining what I'm looking for ya'll to work on...

#15 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:41 PM

I think old classics like the gaint cham are amazing boss's and areas that need people using them, no one goes to them much any more. Much more needed then replicating previous crafting items.

3x boots of time to make sandles
3x sg's to make better sg's
3x cramic to make bow

Could cange the recipie to burn cr's massily,
for example 3x crystal runes blessed with a Binding spell (droped from the enchanter) in replacement of each of the one eyes jack drops, or maybe even you have to get the 3 runes, bind them,and enchant them with the drops from jack and protect them with the scroll of aura

3x crystal runes - + Binding Spell = Large Crystal Rune
Large crystal rune + Fire/water/earth enchantment
=Fire rune etc...
Fire roon + Scroll of aura = Glowing Fire Rune

all 3 runes +azure robes + golden ankh = Golden elemental robes

#16 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:43 PM

Now you're starting to get the idea. :ph34r:

I'm locking this because I've posted and pinned a topic for this kind of work.
If there is a reason someone wants it unlocked, such as it's allowance for discussion, PM me or memo Stadius.

#17 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:33 PM

I've unlocked this topic to suit discussion about crafting concepts.
The Crafting Concept post I've made will remain sticky and be my reference point, but this will open a topic for discussion about crafting.

#18 Masta

Masta
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:26 PM

Quick response to gaddys stuff as he is against new stuff on 1a. What about the dwarven melder who removes excess SWH and Halberds from the game coming to 1alt?

I think I can safely say it would make the bosses more interesting and get people going around them all again. Perhaps a similar thing involving multiple Cr's changing them to a RoA Like 10->1

#19 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:16 PM

I like it this way, gives room for smaller clans and new players to go to a boss without it being massively over run by a big clan rounding up all bosses. Not everything has to be profitable, the joy of the kill/drop is most of the time enough for new and smaller players.

Also, 4 ac rings are (if im not mistaken) only shop bought. This will either nullify the need for these shop bought rings, or the suggested crafting ring will not be used. All depending on which is cheaper. So either way, one will lose out and be useless to have in the game.

As far as crafting in general. I'd like to see set's of armor come into play. Maybe for 30+ armor (if that won't happen, then just be able to craft the current equip into different names). Like theme sets, Heaven, Hell, Poison, Avenger etc. So all armor will be in relation to each other. I'm not that good with names or designs, but if anyone gets my idea feel free to add.

Furthermore, I'd like to see different weapons in different colors. According to their amount of awesomeness. I might be mistaken, but Ceramic Jevalin isn't that one yellow in look over? Don't see what it would hurt, I know you can't fiddle too much when it comes down to statistics, but I can't see why this can't be added. We all know we like pretty.

p.s. dunno where all this came from all of a sudden or why I posted it here. But yea, my idea's anyways (not all changes have to be about making the game play easier or your character stronger is all i'm saying).
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#20 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:58 AM

Also, 4 ac rings are (if im not mistaken) only shop bought. This will either nullify the need for these shop bought rings, or the suggested crafting ring will not be used. All depending on which is cheaper. So either way, one will lose out and be useless to have in the game.

The Arachnae's Band can be crafted and the Twisted Mithril Band is a boss drop (albeit not particularly easy to obtain); both are 4-armour rings.

Haven't got any ideas right off the top of my head, but some armour or weapons for the Grandmaster levels would be dandy, even if they have the same base as an existing piece.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#21 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:59 AM

Furthermore, I'd like to see different weapons in different colors. According to their amount of awesomeness. I might be mistaken, but Ceramic Jevalin isn't that one yellow in look over? Don't see what it would hurt, I know you can't fiddle too much when it comes down to statistics, but I can't see why this can't be added. We all know we like
pretty.

yellow attacking ;p
but supported.. its needed and definetly wanted..
the same armor set on every crit gets kind of lame..
f uck you I wont do what you tell me

#22 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:15 AM

So far, the Ceramic Javelin is the only 'common' weapon that has a customised attack message; I am considering asking Trevayne if one could be put on the Sword of Light as well, otherwise it is one of the things that makes the Ceramic Javelin unique.

The only other weapons that I can think of off-hand that have a custom attack message are the Crane Plushie, Elf Plushie and the Arctic Cutlass, all are very rare (and only the Arctic Cutlass is worth using, of which only 2 exist).

ADDENDUM: Oh, and the Wolf Cub on the 1-alt server too.

Edited by Crane, 23 February 2009 - 06:15 AM.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#23 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:28 PM

Personally id like to see the Vamp Weapons such as the Cobalt Staff of the Winds, Scepter of Balance and the Trinity Blade have a custom attack...
With the cost of them you would expect a nice custom attack.
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#24 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:03 PM

so does that weapon for thiefs that i cant remember the name of..

but i agree with matthew^
f uck you I wont do what you tell me

#25 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:20 PM

Bone Skewer?

I support CJ getting custom attack message. I do not support a store bought item such as Cobalt, etc getting a custom attack message. There are far too many of them to warrant a custom attack message.

IMO custom attack messages should be saved for the rarest of the rare.

#26 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:44 PM

Ummm... the Ceramic Javelin already has a custom attack message, and is the only non-rare weapon to have one.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#27 Desendent

Desendent
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:08 AM

lol what a noob to not know that cj has a custom attack message, im guessing that means you've never owned one :ph34r:
Neo Ingame

#28 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:30 AM

lol I read CJ so much in the post I typed the wrong thing.. :ph34r:

I meant Sword of Light lol. And you're very correct, I've never owned a CJ. Although I did know that they had that spiffy lil yellow custom attack message.

I was just throwing my opinion out there. Prolly should've paid more attention tho lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users