Trainer/dummy

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:01 AM

Ok, we'd all like to practice dueling someone for an up coming event. However, it's kind of hard to do on your own (or if you've no friends like me).

What I propose is a Trainer, or Dummy if you will.

Now, there are varying degrees to impliment this, or even charge for this:

Straw Dummy - Stands in the room, has 1,000,000hp, gives no exp, and drops nothing. Upon dying, respawns within 1 minute.

Rookie Combatant - You'd be able to set its difficulty by simply talking to it, IE: /t rookie dexX:wisX:armorX and so on, covering the basic defences of a character.

Professional Warrior - Same commands as the Rookie, except you'd also be able to set it to attack in a similer way, IE: /t professional att[name],[name],[name]:dmgX:stamX

Where 'stamX' would work exactly the same as a standard character. So setting it to 3 would allow it to attack for 'dmgX' three times instantly, then wait 30s for it's next three stamina. and where 'att[name],[name]' would restrict the NPC to only attack those named characters.

Obviously, doing something such as /t straw/rookie/professional off would turn the NPC off so they'd stop attacking.

At the start I said varying degrees to impliment or to buy. I was told the idea isn't something that's able to go in straight away, and would need to be developed. Thought I'd throw everything out there anyway ;)
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#2 Monolith

Monolith
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:09 AM

It seems like a good idea, but definately something I see not happening. Probably be one of those things in Nightmist 2 rather than than NM1.

Well, who knows, maybe if an immortal devoted to the idea is willing to undergo this task it could go in... best of luck. ;)

Edited by Monolith, 19 June 2006 - 12:10 AM.

#3 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:16 AM

A sound idea, I have to say, although only the Straw Dummy is currently possible in Nightmist, and it's questionable whether you can truly configure a warrior in a mediaeval or even magical realm, considering that holodecks haven't been invented yet!

A monster by the name of "Training Dummy" exists in-game already, which has 1,000,000 HP but self-heals, but like your own Straw Dummy, it gives no experience, drops nothing if killed and respawns afer one minute. I see no harm in adding it to the list of clan house NPCs, but will need more support first, especially from the other staff.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#4 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:32 AM

supported
Page/Memo Beatrix

#5 acehardware

acehardware
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:36 AM

supported
chuck norris > all

#6 Elrik

Elrik
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:37 AM

Supported.

#7 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:42 AM

A sound idea, I have to say, although only the Straw Dummy is currently possible in Nightmist, and it's questionable whether you can truly configure a warrior in a mediaeval or even magical realm, considering that holodecks haven't been invented yet!

A monster by the name of "Training Dummy" exists in-game already, which has 1,000,000 HP but self-heals, but like your own Straw Dummy, it gives no experience, drops nothing if killed and respawns afer one minute. I see no harm in adding it to the list of clan house NPCs, but will need more support first, especially from the other staff.

would it technically necessary to buy an arena square to hit the things or would that be part of the deal. i mean in a technical sense, not a "is it fair, or do you plan" kind of way.
Evil report carries further than any applause

#8 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:31 PM

That is correct; it would require a sparring arena to actually hit the thing, or an attacking square (some clans have them installed by staff).
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#9 liz

liz
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:51 PM

supported.

;)
"I've learn early in life that the heaviest thing a person can carry is an empty wallet"
................ and back to work i go
Liza ingame

#10 (¯`·._.·)Iñ§tígåt€Ð(·._.·´¯)

(¯`·._.·)Iñ§tígåt€Ð(·._.·´¯)
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 01:13 PM

Supported
Unleashed In Game

#11 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 02:46 PM

Supported
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#12 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:58 AM

Supported

#13 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:53 PM

Anything further required?
There's sound support for the idea
To what degree can it be implimented, if at all?..
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#14 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 03:02 AM

Supported.

I'd never leave my CH. ;x
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#15 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 12:11 PM

Can someone explain to me the point of this >.<, how about giving it some low Pod like 10 or something :\
Si Senior!

#16 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:29 PM

Ok, we'd all like to practice dueling someone for an up coming event. However, it's kind of hard to do on your own (or if you've no friends like me).

That's the point...
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#17 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:53 PM

Nevermind I read the post through like 3 times just didn't pick up on that sorry ;)
Si Senior!

#18 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 09:27 PM

suppppppppppppported
Overthrow/Redemption - 1a

Existance - Main

#19 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:35 AM

Supported.

it's questionable whether you can truly configure a warrior in a mediaeval or even magical realm, considering that holodecks haven't been invented yet!

Couldn't it just be a a dummy or doll, enchanted to do manual labor (or even as a tool of war), but, instead, put to other uses, such as training warriors for combat?

What the what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users