Photo

Restrictions

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Restrictions

Race Restriction Areas (Like Kantele)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:04 AM

I would like to see who would support some areas being "Race" restricted as to class restricted. This might effect the race of what you chose more important than just the stats. Mabe can see items get a new stat determined by race or mabe items that can only be found by certian races that then will be traded for items that, that race cant get.. Might bring some intrest to see who teams up for what and what gets made out of it.

Suggestions-Feedback?

If staff find this as a good idea might work on some.

Freek ingame.

#2 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:25 AM

Less vote more post.
Freek ingame.

#3 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:04 AM

ok, i voted no. i have no intentions of making a party of certain raced crits.

I do not support this idea.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#4 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:20 AM

I'd rather time be spent developing things that would be open to as many players as possible.

We do not really have an active enough playerbase to restrict areas too much...
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#5 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:37 AM

ok, i voted no. i have no intentions of making a party of certain raced crits.

I do not support this idea.

it will prolly be 1a only, which is where it makes sense and where it would fit well imo. But Gaddy has a point, at times when I play during the day when I don't got college I see no more then 2-4 players at best for a long time. Further restricting interaction by making race divided area's (on top of class and lvl restricted area's) won't do much good at this point.

Edited by Angelus, 11 December 2007 - 11:43 AM.

Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#6 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:57 AM

there's some race restricted areas already.
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#7 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:02 PM

Yea like elves won't letting me as a halfling in their tavern. Pretty racist if you ask me, next they gonna tell me I have to sit in the back of the bus.
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#8 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:39 PM

it will prolly be 1a only, which is where it makes sense and where it would fit well imo. But Gaddy has a point, at times when I play during the day when I don't got college I see no more then 2-4 players at best for a long time. Further restricting interaction by making race divided area's (on top of class and lvl restricted area's) won't do much good at this point.

gotcha. Ya, I have never played 1a so I don't really have an opinion then. Although, it would not make sense to implement these restrictions. Seeing has how most likely, kantele would be elf only, leaving all other raced rangers SOL as far as some of the good items in there. Just one of the many downfalls of the idea IMO.

I still don't support this idea. (even though i don't play 1a ;p)

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#9 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:17 PM

Not supported
Further restricting interaction by making race divided area's (on top of class and lvl restricted area's)
would be a bad idea.
There are other changes that need to be worked on and restrictions is not one of them.
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#10 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:39 PM

there's one in tirantek
Page me on Heritage

#11 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 03:01 PM

If I were to make an area, I'd make it so only Elves can get the Gold Key, only Humans can get the Silver Key...etc etc so you have to bring along at least one of each race.

GG on the half orc key :ph34r:
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users