• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Jumpsteady

Jumpsteady
  • Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:24 PM

The 1 alt server needs an adjustment...

Staff who will run events and quests... Halloween is approaching is there even a quest being assembled?

There needs some fun added to help the game be improved... The Staff who do nothing should just be made Main staff and have seperate staff for 1a...

We need excitement in the game... Quest time is fun... Nightmist should be fun but as someone brought to my attention today theres nothing going on really but training...

ANd no i dont wanna be staff... but theres die hard nm palyers who know alot about the game who should be if they have the time...

Heres a small list of people i think should be made staff because of knowledge..

Serge(hes a bit odd but knows his stuff) JP(he knows areas pretty well and has been playing a while) Broc(everyone knows broc and broc knows how to play the game) and of course rob(puremourning rob) but hes banned... theres others but those people dont play anymore...

with elf i think those people would be able to bring quests and events to 1alt like they used to be ran on main cuz the game died out from bans and lack of interest... so the interest needs to be created... oh and FREE ROB AND JORDAN!!!

so please everyone give your feedback

-nick

Edited by Jumpsteady, 22 September 2008 - 11:38 PM.

#2 Ganja

Ganja
  • Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:48 PM

I agree something needs to happen but i dont think there is much that can be done accept changing the way the lvling works and make it easier with the player base

#3 Jumpsteady

Jumpsteady
  • Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:00 AM

quests help...

#4 JadedSoul

JadedSoul
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:55 AM

Elf does her job as "Head Artist" perfectly. To add another staff member with that skill set would be useless.

And to add another staff member based on how well they know the current maps and all the little secrets to areas would be more useless.

If new staff is something the Admin are going to concider I would strongly suggest it be someone with programing skills.

But fear not. Wes and Trev are to return shortly. And altho Trev is main staff. He is more then willing to invest time in helping Elf.
I am whoever you think I am.

#5 Ill never tell

Ill never tell
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:58 AM

I don't think he means make another staff an artist staff. And someone with programming wouldn't help that much seening as it would have no effect on it, since John is the only person who can understand NM language. Someone with knowledge on how the game works - classes, areas, bosses and etc. is the best pick. Emma wasn't huge on programming but she could make pretty gg areas/quest. Just took time and dedication.

#6 Jumpsteady

Jumpsteady
  • Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:11 AM

WHat i am saying is NM needs quests... needs events run... like monday night drunken masters mosh... a champs mosh on friday..

Triple x when people are actually on... Things that will keep the game exciting... I never said anything bad about elf...

but i do think there needs to be someone helping her cuz if i remember right she is still kinda new with being more then just the artist...

We need stuff to keep occuring to make the game interesting... We have some events here and there...

but it seems as they it occurs when not alot of people are on... like how the town crier would say what time the events start and what not...

the game needs to be shaken up a bit...

and i think fresh people wiht fresh new ideas would work... not just one person but a few to bounce ideas off of eachother... people who know the

game... who play the game and who have been doing it for years...

I am not taking anything away from what the current staff has done but its more of a "what have you done for me lately" type thing...

The people i have recommended know the game and the areas well... which would help...

make it interesting...

#7 -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×-

-×»ºLätérãlù§º«×-
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:43 AM

if rob and jordan were "free" how do you know they would even come back? i don't know about jordan but i know rob is working on his own game that is being released in a couple weeks.

#8 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:48 AM

dunno why i post this because i know it wont happen..... how about a monthly staff shakeup (current staff remain staff)....rough idea that im coming up with right off the top of my head

at the beginning of each month at a set time a game of lets say russian roulette will be conducted, anyone on may enter for lets say 30k(removes gold from the game). the winner of this game becomes your defacto events staffer. This player is responsible for running at least 3 events per week. To make sure this doesnt get old or boring......the monthly staffer, if he/she/it fulfills their quota, wins half the pot from their entry. so basically you will be paid to be on nightmist. You will be paid to make the game fun for your fellow gamers. This finally gives the players the chance to make an impact on the game. U want nuts to happen, then do it, sure there is a risk in the roulette but give me a break 30k isnt crap once a month, i can play nightmist for like 2 hours and make 30k. Sure it will be rough at first, in fact maybe nightmist isnt smart enough or kind enough to even handle such responsibility. I've always said the solution was for players to have more pull than suggesting. This gives an opportunity to help people entertain themselves.

No actually staff responsibility will be given, A simple staff character will be created for staff to handle (give to the winner, take at the end of the month). This character will not be able to be used at the same time as a "mortal", that way month in month out a new user will be "staff". Account sharers may not be on at the sametime as the staff character so deal with it. the char will have commands attached to it that allow it to create moshs/hideandseek/russianroullette/ whatever other games there are......

i dont know why im posting i dont even play this game, do w/e u want with this idea

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#9 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:56 AM

Tecto-who?

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#10 Ember

Ember
  • Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:37 AM

I agree 100% with the idea that the game needs some shaking up, it needs some fun added, because as of right now all it is, is training day in and day out. The player base needs some excitement.

Edited by Ember, 23 September 2008 - 04:38 AM.

Eclipse on 1Alt.

#11 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:10 AM

New 1a Staff, 1a needs staff who care besides elf...

I care :ph34r:
Does not play well with others.

#12 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:31 AM

I care!

pewpewpew

#13 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:38 AM

2^ is too power hungry ^is too emo

any more?

:ph34r:
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#14 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:36 AM

lol too emo for staff

epic fail

#15 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:09 PM

haha, on reflection, i see your point...

just so we know, i spoke to wes about this 2 weeks ago (or so) and he said that there would be a review of current staff requirements when he goes back to uni (in about another 2 weeks)

so...

WATCH THIS SPACE

Edited by Raylen, 24 September 2008 - 12:11 PM.

#16 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 04:12 PM

gg Westicle.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#17 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:36 PM

i know elf has been asking for help a many times but she gave up :ph34r:

apparently wes has to make the call about new staff on 1a so maybe when he gets back something will happen ;)
Even in death my hate will go on

#18 Shera

Shera
  • Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:34 AM

Im not really here.

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. - Paul Fix

#19 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:41 PM

I mostly agree with Jim.. the new staff (if there is new staff appointed) should have some coding/programming experience, But on the other hand I think they should know the current maps and areas like the back of thier hand not nessecarily all the tricks but atleast have a lovely grasp of nm itself in order to help people and make events/areas/quests that are well thought out.. and should be an "outcast" of 1a cliques as much as possible and have a level head to make unbiased decisions and actions. Until whatever decided happens I wish Wes the best of luck when he returns.. hes got a mess on his hands to sort! lol

I think where alot of the trouble comes from with current staff is either alot of coincidence or something is going terribly wrong in the ranks that is being covered up before the higher ups can see. I can bring a few prime examples that can be dug up from logs if Wes/JLH feels the need to and have the time to sort it they can contact me.. I am not about to bring up bs for more forum flaming no matter who was in the wrong or right.

I also don't think the hiring of staff should be run on a popularity contest like last time.. look what happened.. the main person who is still around patrolling 1a for now is a "head artist" and the rest of the lovely choices are long gone or on leave and Wes is also on leave.. so that kinda leaves us with noone that has time to sort things it seems.

Return soon Westicle and Aeryn!!!

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#20 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:03 PM

I mostly agree with Jim.. the new staff (if there is new staff appointed) should have some coding/programming experience, But on the other hand I think they should know the current maps and areas like the back of thier hand not nessecarily all the tricks but atleast have a lovely grasp of nm itself in order to help people and make events/areas/quests that are well thought out.. and should be an "outcast" of 1a cliques as much as possible and have a level head to make unbiased decisions and actions. Until whatever decided happens I wish Wes the best of luck when he returns.. hes got a mess on his hands to sort! lol

I concur. First person that came to mind was Sleeping. Dunno if he has the programming knowledge, but all the rest of that stuff..

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#21 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:37 PM

Not to be mean because I get along with Serg(Sleeping) very well and have for years.. but those of us that know Serg decently also know that the ladies seem to cloud his vision at times. However, if he can keep that aside he would make a wonderful staff member. Due to his knowledge of the game itself and time he is able to spend online. :ph34r:

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#22 -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×-

-×»ºLätérãlù§º«×-
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:54 PM

why suggest having programming knowledge a pre-requisite? JLH has already stated he wouldn't allow anyone to touch the code.

#23 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:51 AM

Well it's now October...I should imagine Wes will be back at uni any day soon...

something might happen!!

#24 JadedSoul

JadedSoul
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:28 PM

why suggest having programming knowledge a pre-requisite? JLH has already stated he wouldn't allow anyone to touch the code.

Someone better tell Trev and Gaddy then.

I vote for me tho. I am level headed and nonbiased. I have no artistic abilities, 0 programming skills, and far to much time on my hands.

Why is it we complain about the lack of progress, but yet when we propose nominating someone into a position that can bring about positive change in a real way we don`t require they have the skills that will bring real change. It scares me this thought process. Not that Nightmist will get another lame duck staff. But that many of you are old enough to vote. Sarah Palin for Nightmist Staff!!!! :ph34r:

Edited by JadedSoul, 05 October 2008 - 03:40 PM.

I am whoever you think I am.

#25 Shera

Shera
  • Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:07 PM

:ph34r: <3 this game.
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. - Paul Fix

#26 -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×-

-×»ºLätérãlù§º«×-
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 12:59 AM

i wasn't try to induce negativity upon you all that still have some positive faith. it's just that their was a very heated thread in which JLH himself replied and it was all about the propisition of seriously considering allowing someone who can program to to do so that something substantial could be done. i'm sure all of the staff members are also aware of this because jlh pretty much said it wasn't a possibility. i don't want to go searching for it.. maybe i will later, lol.

and also, for the fact that this is the 4th or 5th thread suggesting new staff, and for the fact that all the previous ones got shot down and staff said we're not hiring, or staff saying i don't see a need for staff has possibly left the players in a thought process of ruined hope, lol. though, it appears as of letely that they have been shifting to waiting for wes to come back and if he supports adding additional help then we might have something good around the corner.

#27 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 01:14 AM

only thing good around the corner would be ur mom, but lemme 2nd Lateralus's words. The code is like the constitution of the U.S. its word is its bond, and it may be amended, just not by you. You being everyone except well John. I'm in no way an expert as to the current staff's duties, but this much at least seems true. Go BUCKS!!! oh and halloween party, columbus ohio, costumes or ur not in.....

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#28 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 05:42 AM

I agree with some of the things mentioned above to some extend but basicly i think your all wrong :ph34r:

first of all i think only Elf really knows what 1a need as staff. we don't know exactly what Elf does but i do think she doesn't really doodle as much as an head artist should be able to do.

what i think, is, that we actually need 2 staffers.

one should be someone that isn't involved with all the stupid politics in game "i hate you because my guild tells me to hate you" and all that crap. This person should be able to read through the logs and work more on the background to solve player issues. Furthermore this person should have some technical knowledge to support with the ticket system and technical questions.

The second person is just someone to keep the game going with events and maybe balance the game / build new guilds and areas.

This way Elf can actually do what she was supposed to do and probably likes alot more then sorting out player issues.

In regards to the programming knowledge. This won't be necessary because 1) nobody is allowed to touch the code and 2) Pandi allready mentioned the code is not understandable other then for JLH.

So in short, let ELF sort this out with Wes and hope we get some new staffers. 1 that is someone like me (technical knowledge and doesn't care about politics) and works on the background (i'm not an option since most of you know i've been learning a new programing language and i've been testing stuff on nm which has not helped me train alot (getting the programming stuff to work takes more time then actually train) but i do know i'm walking the line regarding the rules). the second person should just make the game fun and evolve.

edit: small details changed

Edited by jurian, 06 October 2008 - 05:46 AM.

Even in death my hate will go on

#29 -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×-

-×»ºLätérãlù§º«×-
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:38 AM

this will prolyl get deleted but who knows. elf recently got hired on as staff for another game. so that game will prolly be taking some sort of precedence. so perhaps make that new number = 3 new staff.

#30 «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»

«¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:15 AM

JLH - MIA
Pandi - MIA
Mark - MIA
Elf - MIA
Gaddy - MIA
Wes - MIA
Trev - MIA

I think that pretty much speaks volumes as to the games direction. It should be apparent and accepted that JLH and Pandi are far to busy and have better things to do. As for the rest of the staff, for one reason or another they are MIA. I supose they could be in the background here and there. However it would seem that they are all far to busy for nightmist. I've recently got back into main quite a bit. However i'm a big advocate of my friends new game coming out, for the simple fact that...

I can suggest thing there and they are taken note of. The people who run the game, are commited to the game. When some thing is suggested the immediate response is not "that won't happen because staff are busy or JLH don't code anymore". I think trev has a brilliant mind for staff. As does Elf. The whole lot brings some thing to the table... but what good is the ability to bring some thing to the table if you never actually sit at the table anymore.

One last thing... i put jlh as MIA cuz he don't do very much anymore and for good reason. Sad thing is though, if i have a problem with the game ect. i go to JLH. He is not a man of many words, but he always answers my questions. He is prompt about it. So really as far as dealing with the player base i say JLH does it better than any staff in the past week or two or so. Which is sad if you ask me.
I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus, or occasionally pee on yourself. Hang in there you're friggin special!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users