Malok Area: Level Cap?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Ascer

Ascer
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:16 PM

As an alternative to opening Malok area up to other classes how about level capping it to 25/26?

This would make it a fair equivalent to natura and at the same time would solve the problem of high-level thieves having a safe-ish training ground.

The crystal knife price could be put back to normal as an incentive to go down there as they wouldn't be as easy to farm on lower level crits. This would encourage group training too.

Would this make Malok too hard? Presumably if you get enough level 25 thieves together it would be easy enough, much like getting enough druids/rangers for the boss in natura.

Reply with practical reasons for or against it.

#2 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:25 PM

only against it because malok is pretty tough and the emerald dagger is a lvl 30 weapon

Edited by Payne, 14 September 2008 - 09:25 PM.

Astinus on 1alt Only

#3 JadedSoul

JadedSoul
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:30 PM

Ascer, stop your embarassing yourself. :ph34r:
I am whoever you think I am.

#4 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:38 PM

Ya, this isn't a very logical suggestion.

It would take about 15-20 lvl 25 thieves to take down Malok.
ED is lvl 30.
You'd need 3-4 thieves with dotw just to survive down there.
Seeing as though you have to be lvl 20 just to get in, it doesn't make much sense.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#5 Ascer

Ascer
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:49 PM

I see the point about ED being a level 30 equip.

What if the level cap was 30 max?

#6 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:47 PM

I only have one question: Why?

Why make it a match for Natura? The issue regarding the Crystal Knife's sell-back price has been fixed to my knowledge (albeit a little excessively in my opinion); what is actually bad about high-level Thieves being down there?
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#7 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:28 AM

That's what I'm stuck on too. Makes no practical sense.

I think the issue of Malok Area has been addressed and solved. I think we can move on to something else for now.

#8 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:09 AM

The reason the suggestion has come up for it being capped is... Say you and 2 buddies (you and your buddies are say lvl 25-28)wanna go down there and theres 2 lvl 35 thieves fully armoured up 2 of you is going straight to the pub and then theres one little guy to surivie on his own so he may aswell just look at the screen and watch himself get clicked. Also to my knowledge i dont think 3 expert thieves could take down one lvl 35+ armoured up.

Seven stamina is a radiculous amount of power down there for the lower lvl's trying to actually gain some exp to reach the highest lvl possible.
So...either cap it from 20-30 or 30-40 that way atleast lower lvl's atand a chance of survuving down there.

Also why is it Nightmist is all a big war?? It used to be such a nice game shame all the drama and the ego's changed it.
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#9 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:49 AM

Also why is it Nightmist is all a big war?? It used to be such a nice game shame all the drama and the ego's changed it.

:ph34r:

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#10 Ganja

Ganja
  • Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 02:51 AM

I say lets let every class be able to go down there and train. Why should just thieves get all the glorified training spots lets open this up to everyone :ph34r:

#11 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:06 AM

Ok, the problem so far with changing the Malok area has been that the suggestions would benefit some people more than others and probably ruin the area for everyone. So for the sake of fairness I'll suggest a comprimise that benefits no one, and still manages to ruin the area for everyone.

Mandatory upside-down hands-only fighting. This way the area still gets to be changed and ruined, but doesn't advantage/disadvantage anyone. The only rule is that everyone in the area has to walk and fight upside down and on their hands, resulting in anyone attempting to attack anything falling down and failing to inflict any damage to anything.

I think we all can live with a fair comprimise like that.
Evil report carries further than any applause

#12 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:17 AM

Ok, the problem so far with changing the Malok area has been that the suggestions would benefit some people more than others and probably ruin the area for everyone. So for the sake of fairness I'll suggest a comprimise that benefits no one, and still manages to ruin the area for everyone.

Mandatory upside-down hands-only fighting. This way the area still gets to be changed and ruined, but doesn't advantage/disadvantage anyone. The only rule is that everyone in the area has to walk and fight upside down and on their hands, resulting in anyone attempting to attack anything falling down and failing to inflict any damage to anything.

I think we all can live with a fair comprimise like that.

Supported.

#13 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:07 AM

Ok so who said that Malok area is the only place to train, if you are so worried about level 31's and up being down there to pk you then don't go there when they are on or at all. There is more then enough other areas that you and your buddies can go to for training. Just because things don't go your way down there doesn't mean that it has to be changed for you.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#14 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:23 AM

30 cap is still too low...but you could cap it at say 33/34...

...but realistically, why would you want to?
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#15 Ascer

Ascer
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:24 AM

"Ok, the problem so far with changing the Malok area has been that the suggestions would benefit some people more than others and probably ruin the area for everyone"

All I really have to say to that is... rofl?

They screw mages over, but that's ok because the majority want it to happen. Seeing as just about everyone who plays now plays a thief it's not suprising that the "majority" is going to block any change to Malok area. Wouldn't want to ruin your precious, unfair training area would we? I mean.. you might have to go somewhere else when you're level 30 like the rest of us?

You'd all be the first to start crying if (say) mages had their own training area - so carry on being a bunch of hypocrites please. What if Jordan had had a mage-only area to train Freek? Imagining your crying is too funny really.. but of course something would have been done about it because he was only one person and you would all have been crying to staff. Rightly so too, but apparently as soon as you are the ones in the privileged and unfair position balancing the game doesn't seem to be quite so high on your agenda does it?

To non-thieves (if there are any left): enjoy running around an empty map hoping that a thief doesn't decide to come out of Malok area to wait for you at a ktp. The idea that you can get to them as well while they train is apparently unimportant, unfair and frankly absurd.

Yes - you don't always train there and you don't want it to be level capped or opened to other classes, but if that's all you have to say then you are missing the point.

So to summarise..

As usual the majority have their way and the minority have to either put up with it or stop playing. Grats on continously ruining the game by letting the majority keep their perks while screwing over the minority.

So really I only have one thing left to say:

I quit.

Edited by Ascer, 15 September 2008 - 10:30 AM.

#16 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:38 AM

Ok so who said that Malok area is the only place to train, if you are so worried about level 31's and up being down there to pk you then don't go there when they are on or at all. There is more then enough other areas that you and your buddies can go to for training. Just because things don't go your way down there doesn't mean that it has to be changed for you.

LOL!

Ok so.. to my knowledge theres 4 lvl 35+ thieves on Pandemonium, your saying dont go down there? Is that even fair that the same 4 people wonder the malok floors day in day out? And before you deny it dont bother because i really dont care, ive been down there once on this server and Tony (Unforgiven) tried to PK me then 3 other thieves showed up. LOL 4-1 a lvl 27?

Edited by hell, 15 September 2008 - 11:40 AM.

#17 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:27 PM

I quit.

YAY! Less Lag!
Even in death my hate will go on

#18 Devotchka

Devotchka
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:43 PM

LOL!

Ok so.. to my knowledge theres 4 lvl 35+ thieves on Pandemonium, your saying dont go down there? Is that even fair that the same 4 people wonder the malok floors day in day out? And before you deny it dont bother because i really dont care, ive been down there once on this server and Tony (Unforgiven) tried to PK me then 3 other thieves showed up. LOL 4-1 a lvl 27?

Ok so, you're saying let's cap it so the people who worked hard to train their crits to the lvls they are, cannot go down there to train and kill the boss? And correct me if I am wrong is this server not a pk server? You people who are not in Pande think you are the only ones who had to go through getting pk'd by a large party of one clan.. think again. I really see no valid arguement here, just a bunch of crying.

And to Ascer I never once cried anything about mages, it's always the same thing over and over, something is always overpowered.

Edited by Devotchka, 15 September 2008 - 12:47 PM.

To hurt is to feel
To feel is to scream
This is what it's like
In my most intimate dream

#19 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:59 PM

I never even stepped foot into Malok until I was lvl 31...

This whiny nuts's gotta stop. Malok area is far from this holy grail of training you all make it out to be. It isn't even that good exp/gold. Just cuz it's secluded and you can't get down there and poppoppoppoppopvis everyone there's a big hissy fit. Maybe you should suggest other class-restricted ares instead of trying to screw up a perfectly good area that has been around for years.

#20 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 02:22 PM

On reflection, I think I disagree with having class-restricted areas with no level cap. Because then it necessitates having a character of each class in order to visit those areas, which I feel is wrong.
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#21 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 02:23 PM

So to summarise..

As usual the majority have their way and the minority have to either put up with it or stop playing. Grats on continously ruining the game by letting the majority keep their perks while screwing over the minority.

I quit.

If the area works well for the majority of players, then it is well designed.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#22 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 02:39 PM

Also its not like people can train safely in there, i do lurk in the shadows alot :ph34r:
Astinus on 1alt Only

#23 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:23 PM

Was sat bored thinking of something to suggest and here's all i could come up with to benefit the whole game...

/Destroy Nightmist

#24 Ill never tell

Ill never tell
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:31 PM

Was sat bored thinking of something to suggest and here's all i could come up with to benefit the whole game...

/Destroy Nightmist

Vouch that. Destroy or close down and reopen when its fixed.

And to comment on this post. All of you high level theives did work hard to get to the level you are but you had an area that only that class could enter to train in? Everyone else has to run around in places anyone can get to. The thieves can log on and be like "Hmm I feel like training I think ill go to malok and mess around and have someone sit at the door so that I can know when another thief is coming. And not have to worry about anything!" Other people log on and have to figure out where they are going to train or move from spot to spot that day.

"Ok so who said that Malok area is the only place to train, if you are so worried about level 31's and up being down there to pk you then don't go there when they are on or at all. There is more then enough other areas that you and your buddies can go to for training. Just because things don't go your way down there doesn't mean that it has to be changed for you."

Its not the "Only" place to train, but its the most used by thieves and why do they get a special area to train in while others have to train in places thieves can come find them? Im pretty sure the use of the malok guild came in when people started getting tired of getting pk'd by the mages and they finnaly where able to kill things down there solo. So they got to go train pretty much without any worries while everyone else had to hide where they was or move spot to spot.

"I never even stepped foot into Malok until I was lvl 31...

This whiny nuts's gotta stop. Malok area is far from this holy grail of training you all make it out to be. It isn't even that good exp/gold. Just cuz it's secluded and you can't get down there and poppoppoppoppopvis everyone there's a big hissy fit. Maybe you should suggest other class-restricted ares instead of trying to screw up a perfectly good area that has been around for years."

That would be the best Idea but do you really see the current staff going through all the trouble to build diffrent areas for each class? Lol??? Im even pretty sure that that idea was posted long before the malok area got out of hand and staff laughed at it.

"If the area works well for the majority of players, then it is well designed."

Thats just the kinda post I expected to see from gaddy. Never tries to fix anything just tries to justify how everything is perfect and nm is fine the way it is.. So delusional. Funny how when it was the mage class that was the "unbalanced" class things were being added and tested to fix them even though it was one mage that was 4-5 leves higher then everyone else. Who would of thought that something 4-5 levels higher would easily kill someone weaker..... But now that its the thieves nothing is even tested? Oh wait, I guess it was emma who worked and tested the absorb.

#25 cxoss

cxoss
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:01 PM

You'd all be the first to start crying if (say) mages had their own training area - so carry on being a bunch of hypocrites please. What if Jordan had had a mage-only area to train Freek? Imagining your crying is too funny really.. but of course something would have been done about it because he was only one person and you would all have been crying to staff. Rightly so too, but apparently as soon as you are the ones in the privileged and unfair position balancing the game doesn't seem to be quite so high on your agenda does it?

Lolol. As funny as that would of been. Not like I would of ever used it. No need for it :ph34r:

/Destroy Nightmist

Thought they already typed in that command?

Edited by cxoss, 15 September 2008 - 06:02 PM.

#26 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:56 PM

Just make 1a /nopk. :ph34r:

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#27 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:33 AM

Ok, new command...

/whine

It opens up the forum. Highly useful.
Evil report carries further than any applause

#28 Elf

Elf
  • Game Staff
  • 439 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:41 AM

Ok, new command...

/whine

It opens up the forum. Highly useful.

lol sorry made my night there

Elf :ph34r:

Meeting you was fate,
Becoming your friend was a choice,
But falling in love with you was beyond my control..

#29 Defeat

Defeat
  • Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 01:55 AM

So to summarise..

I quit.

If the area works well for the majority of players, then it is well designed.

I have to disagree with you there Gaddy. Majority of the people on 1a are Thieves and they like having their own place to party up, or even solo and make nice gold by the end of the day with little to no worries. Given that, it doesn't really mean that the area is well designed, only well-liked for that reason. In all honesty, the only way an area can be "well designed" is if majority likes it and is different classes, not just one class alone. They reject anything done to attempt to tweak and downgrade their class a little, or possibly even take away the amount of gold they can make there, especially in a party.

Jµ§t å fîgméñt øf yøµ® îmågîñåtîøñ
1a - Rise/Mythical

#30 Hustle

Hustle
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:56 AM

well is thiefs are the problem than why in the hell did they raise their minimum damage making them ever more powerfull

if malok area is the problem than why not simply put a level cap on it so you cant go in say 1-30 only? then atleast the higher level thiefs are forced to go train in other places and the lower level thiefs can actually stand a fighting chance, i mean i think it would fix the problem at hand (this doesnt help me in any way considering both my thiefs are 31-33)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users