How Many Active Players Are Left?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:17 AM

When I log in there isn't anyone online these days. Today I logged in and Heritage/Jay was only one on. Jay you must get lonely lol
So on average how many active players are left on the multi server?
I logged into the solo server and there were 5 characters-- is that the average?
Anyway hello to those I havent chatted with in a long, long time
Hope life is treating you fairly
Keep well
:ph34r:
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#2 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:36 AM

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#3 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:19 AM

lol, yeah I log in and there's usually no one on. If so, it's like me and a few others, that's it. -.-
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#4 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:06 AM

I find it very common to log on multi and see 0 Users, 0 Characters. I try to stay active but lately with work and being gone with my new gal it makes it alittle more harder tho I do to try and log on in the evenings before I go to bed and in the mornining before work.
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#5 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:58 PM

I'm still around, although I don't log in anywhere near as often now.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#6 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:06 PM

I didn't mean that only one person was active. I was starting a running tally, me being one person that's active.

#7 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:58 PM

i'm still active, just not like i used to be. i do a lot more sitting around now, training in spurts. usually kill a few bosses each day but other than that i don't do a whole lot. i'm still pretty active compared to most players though
Page me on Heritage

#8 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:37 PM

+2 Tyler and I are on multi a bit when we are bored with 1a.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#9 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:47 PM

JLH, Pandilex and I play pretty much all day every day, you must have missed us training in nightmist arena! *coughs*

Yeh, but we're about and you can usually get hold of one of us if needed anyway :ph34r:
I'll probably start playing the game again more after the next 4 weeks when I'm back at uni and stopped working ;)

#10 Trance

Trance
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:48 PM

Add me in (partially lol). I just built my pc in my PC Tech (A+) class so I should be able to log on multiple crits by the weekend :ph34r:.
All cars should come equipped with cleanse. Screw drunk driving!
Juan
ingame Irl

#11 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:16 PM

So what we up to? 6 counting me and Juan?

Edit!

There are 13 characters online, (7 users).

Just logged on right after I made the post. :ph34r: We are getting there.
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#12 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:11 PM

ummm mark he means ACTIVE players
Page me on Heritage

#13 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåĞàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:21 AM

Me.

Only 1a though
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#14 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:41 AM

Mentally I'm with you, brothers (and sisters)!

Edited by Sleeping, 28 August 2008 - 06:41 AM.

Does not play well with others.

#15 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:21 AM

hmm look at the graph?

nm solo
nm multi

solo:

_______________Max_____Average__Current
Players Online:__17 users__9 users___4 users
Staff Online:____2 users___0 users___0 users

multi:
_______________Max____Average___Current
Players Online:__54 users_11 users___0 users
Staff Online:____1 users__0 users____0 users

edit: i'm not sure if average users is actually users or characters :ph34r:

Edited by jurian, 28 August 2008 - 08:26 AM.

Even in death my hate will go on

#16 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåĞàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:33 AM

I blame the NOPK on multi....
Instead of NOPK why not have just put in new bosses area's then maybe we might still have alot more of those legends we all want back!
On 1a i think its near enough just about right apart from there isn't new bosses area's. Plus nobody wants to team up and kill major bosses because they are more interested in getting 10000000 PK's instead.
We are losing more and more players each month and soon enough nightmist will be just a game where players train to lvl 10 and never log again.
Make the lvl cap at 100, few new bosses/areas's both servers.

Edited by hell, 28 August 2008 - 11:41 AM.

Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#17 Kurt Hansen

Kurt Hansen
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:53 AM

I am still playing. I would usually log on when the player count was low, because I was more interested in killing monsters than in killing other players. I think it only looks like NOPK killed the game because of the history:

1) PK players were such an irritation that most people left to go somewhere else
2) after a while, there were only people left that either wanted to chat, or wanted to go PK

So, when you turn on NOPK, then you push out the only people that were left, which is the ones who wanted to PK.

I do think that turning off PK did take some of the excitement out of the game - even for me - because it used to be I was more alert before, and never let down my guard, even on my way back to town.

My own experiences with player killing were usually someone offering to party up, then in the middle of a battle, they would disband and kill me. That was pretty low.

#18 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:32 PM

hmm look at the graph?

nm solo
nm multi

solo:

_______________Max_____Average__Current
Players Online:__17 users__9 users___4 users
Staff Online:____2 users___0 users___0 users

multi:
_______________Max____Average___Current
Players Online:__54 users_11 users___0 users
Staff Online:____1 users__0 users____0 users

edit: i'm not sure if average users is actually users or characters :ph34r:

User count have to apply to characters, not players, I don't see 54 players logging in to nightmist at once ;) (or ever). Current statistics does not makes sense to me in monthly and yearly graphs though.
Does not play well with others.

#19 Ill never tell

Ill never tell
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:02 AM

Like 20 including both servers and its decreasing.

#20 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:47 AM

20's a nice round number. Looks about right to me. Shame really. Too bad we can't go back to the glory days.

#21 Ill never tell

Ill never tell
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:13 AM

20's a nice round number. Looks about right to me. Shame really. Too bad we can't go back to the glory days.

Whats even sadder is that its not the genre thats "Dead" its the effort and time put into this game that is dieing. I have found a few examples of how to prove that..

#22 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:11 PM

Nightmist is dead... I tend to log on the game and I am bored as soon as I log on. Like many people have said PK has killed the server as well as many other things, I loved to log on to train and make gold and after do a /who every 2-3 minutes to see if anyone logged on to try PK me. The lack of updates has got something to do with this also and I don't just mean updates as in JLH's updates to the code, I mean as ingame updates such as new weapons, bosses, areas. People used to work to get bigger and better stuff for the weekly events.

Worse thing ever done to Nightmist was 1alt, caused a split in a very small playerbase.

The Nightmist legends have left for different games or just got tired of looking at the computer screen 24 hours a day. I really don't think there is anyway Nightmist will be restored to its glory days even with all these people saying let me become STAFF I can change things, it just ain't going to happen. I personally have moved on with my life and I am enjoying it. I log on now and then to say a big HELLO to my friends.
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#23 Divinus

Divinus
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:58 PM

R.I.P Nightmist

#24 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:10 PM

As I understand the nopk was voted on by the more active members on multi at that current time.. which was a handfull but now I see a few more people shifting from 1a to multi just because of the immaturity and lack of boss/token/training help they recieve on 1a no matter what clan they are in. Its not nessecarily the nopk that killed multi because obviously.. a base of players voted for it to go nopk as I beleive it was Trevayne who said he has conversed with people and decided upon that. Myself, being someone who likes to pk and hide from the hunters while training wouldn't mind it still being pk but with nopk multi did get rid of a lot of the "bad apples" that just sat and talked crap its not just "nm legends" or "old schoolers" who left.. multi was losing alot of new players at that time due to the fact that they were being harassed by pkers and old players that were bored and just wanted something to do (me being one of the harassing ones lol). Given ..some events from time to time would be lovely to see.. but until we see some people back there isnt enough on to run events.. there will always be a select few in nm who preffer to peace and solitude of multi even as it is now.. but rather than complain and whine about the game on here all day .. why not go out and find some new people to play and take it upon yourself to change your gaming atmosphere if it matters that much... I'm sure with even a small invasion of new players staff will run more events as long as there are people online to run them. so either get out and get some people playing or just stop whining.. its getting old. Fix your own predicament or hang it up ..staff are volunteers..they do a good job.. the least we can do is try to make it less irritating for them by constantly complaining about something obviously we all like or we wouldnt still be here.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#25 Divinus

Divinus
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:18 PM

As I understand the nopk was voted on by the more active members on multi at that current time.. which was a handfull but now I see a few more people shifting from 1a to multi just because of the immaturity and lack of boss/token/training help they recieve on 1a no matter what clan they are in. Its not nessecarily the nopk that killed multi because obviously.. a base of players voted for it to go nopk as I beleive it was Trevayne who said he has conversed with people and decided upon that. Myself, being someone who likes to pk and hide from the hunters while training wouldn't mind it still being pk but with nopk multi did get rid of a lot of the "bad apples" that just sat and talked crap its not just "nm legends" or "old schoolers" who left.. multi was losing alot of new players at that time due to the fact that they were being harassed by pkers and old players that were bored and just wanted something to do (me being one of the harassing ones lol). Given ..some events from time to time would be lovely to see.. but until we see some people back there isnt enough on to run events.. there will always be a select few in nm who preffer to peace and solitude of multi even as it is now.. but rather than complain and whine about the game on here all day .. why not go out and find some new people to play and take it upon yourself to change your gaming atmosphere if it matters that much... I'm sure with even a small invasion of new players staff will run more events as long as there are people online to run them. so either get out and get some people playing or just stop whining.. its getting old. Fix your own predicament or hang it up ..staff are volunteers..they do a good job.. the least we can do is try to make it less irritating for them by constantly complaining about something obviously we all like or we wouldnt still be here.

But if you don't complain nothing would ever get done about it :ph34r: Anyways as it stands i don't see how anyone could fix the game, the only thing i can think of that might save multi would probably be to take the nopk off, fighting people is more of a challenge than fighting monsters n it does add fun to the game ;)

#26 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:41 PM

Nothings been done about it with the complaining either.. so why drag it all on and on? there has been posts like this ever since nm multi went nopk.. I would be all for nopk being removed of course but if it doesn't I'll deal with it ..no use throwing a fit over something thats already been done.. adapt to it... sure fighting players would be great but that brings back the egos, and trying to rise to the top via sharing and theft, all of the gate house crap talk and harassment. nm is a never ending cycle.. you can get bored with a certain party.. make a new one.. roll new chars or different classes.. try different bosses on different parties.. try to improve your party size or quality/eq and everything.. sure its alot easier now because people arent hunting eachother but id rather have that then people sitting and complaining about pking or starting drama because of it and jack-jawing at anyone to be a annoyance then crying when they get banned like they do on 1a.

If the staff didn't like the results of going nopk on multi it would have been switched back by now...if people leave beacuse of it so be it.. good luck in future endeavors.. this is a text based game..a time waster.. a hobby.... if you don't like it don't play.. its that simple. If you like pking and being in groups with friends there is a server to play on.. if you dont there is a server where u can be anti social and work alone. right now nm is catering to two sides of a split playerbase instead of just one that can't seem to ever be content on a free of charge game.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#27 Divinus

Divinus
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:45 PM

Well in my opinion it would be better for the game if all that stuff was back, atleast there was an active playerbase, plus it was always fun having enemies to rival with :ph34r:

#28 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:49 PM

Agreed it would be fun to pk .... but even when it was pk nm went drastically downhill in #s of the playerbase and so the few active loyal multi players at the time decided on nopk so oh well.... its just alot of people have moved on to college, jobs, other games, having kids....and with people not actively recruiting there isnt a turn around of people coming in as others decide thier time in the realm is done...

Atleast we still got arenas to duel in LOL
:ph34r:

Edited by Gnarkill, 29 August 2008 - 06:49 PM.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#29 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:32 PM

its summer, theres always less people playing at this time of year.
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#30 Ill never tell

Ill never tell
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:10 AM

its summer, theres always less people playing at this time of year.

School season just started up here. And still no turning point. Nm is dead like all of us no and nothing simple will fix it will take an act from JLH/Simon to fix and well good luck with that. If your trying to post about how to help nm or how you want to see it come back, I suggest you read the "State of Nm" thread and go from there. Nm has potential and could be a game of atleast 35-40 but needs effort. Good luck again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users