-×»ºLätérãlù§º«×-'s Content

There have been 18 items by -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×- (Search limited from 11-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#210520 New 1a Staff

Posted by -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×- on 06 October 2008 - 02:00 PM in Game Discussion

lmao. the truth is revealed by numbers!

#210512 New 1a Staff

Posted by -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×- on 06 October 2008 - 08:38 AM in Game Discussion

this will prolyl get deleted but who knows. elf recently got hired on as staff for another game. so that game will prolly be taking some sort of precedence. so perhaps make that new number = 3 new staff.

#210497 New 1a Staff

Posted by -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×- on 06 October 2008 - 12:59 AM in Game Discussion

i wasn't try to induce negativity upon you all that still have some positive faith. it's just that their was a very heated thread in which JLH himself replied and it was all about the propisition of seriously considering allowing someone who can program to to do so that something substantial could be done. i'm sure all of the staff members are also aware of this because jlh pretty much said it wasn't a possibility. i don't want to go searching for it.. maybe i will later, lol.

and also, for the fact that this is the 4th or 5th thread suggesting new staff, and for the fact that all the previous ones got shot down and staff said we're not hiring, or staff saying i don't see a need for staff has possibly left the players in a thought process of ruined hope, lol. though, it appears as of letely that they have been shifting to waiting for wes to come back and if he supports adding additional help then we might have something good around the corner.

#210413 New 1a Staff

Posted by -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×- on 01 October 2008 - 11:54 PM in Game Discussion

why suggest having programming knowledge a pre-requisite? JLH has already stated he wouldn't allow anyone to touch the code.

#210362 Later

Posted by -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×- on 30 September 2008 - 06:27 AM in Leaving/Returning Forum

check yo pms. :ph34r:

take care cody!

#210092 New 1a Staff

Posted by -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×- on 23 September 2008 - 01:43 AM in Game Discussion

if rob and jordan were "free" how do you know they would even come back? i don't know about jordan but i know rob is working on his own game that is being released in a couple weeks.

#210074 How Do I Get A Custom Character Pic

Posted by -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×- on 22 September 2008 - 06:02 PM in Help Forum

A donation earns you a custom pic. And JLH still accepts them. All the info can be found here:

http://www.nightmist...site/donate.php

#210017 I'm In An Academic Mmo Project

Posted by -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×- on 20 September 2008 - 07:37 PM in Off-Topic Discussion

I sent you the bio via e-mail.

#209965 I'm In An Academic Mmo Project

Posted by -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×- on 19 September 2008 - 09:37 AM in Off-Topic Discussion

I have a pretty faulty memory but I’ll try my best not to leave anything out.

September 2000 (Nightmist): Nightmist is a text-based MUD that opened the doors to the world of online role-playing games for me. I played off in on from the start up until now as the game is seemingly drawing closer to it's resting point. Collectively I played and enjoyed the game for approximately 5 years. Nightmist is a partially text based, icon driven game that captures the players' attention through its PVP and simplicity (in some cases, simple elements are hard hitting).

March 2003 (Everquest Online Adventures): This was a follow-up to the highly renown computer MMORPG that was made specifically for the Playstation 2. It was a hyped release because Sony had also released in conjunction it's PS2 Network Adaptor that made it all possible. I only played this game for about 6 months. All in all I found the game to be too monotonous and the combat system was too slow for my liking.

Approximately sometime 2004 (Realms of Kaos): Similar to the first game mentioned, Realms of Kaos (ROK) was too a text-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game. The game was originally released in 1996 and appealed to me because I was looking for a slight break from NM and seeing that it was also a text-based game with it’s own client I felt the need to try it. The game never clicked for me because all in all I was to used to and engrossed in NM. Unfortunately ROK was went down in July 2005 due to server issues. However, the game is back up in present day.

Late 2004/Early 2005 (Conquer Online): Conquer Online, or “CO”, is a another online MMO that takes place in mythical China. The game consists of a vibrant 2D world with 3D characters. I happened to stumble upon the game shortly after it was released and played for approximately 1 year. The game had a very eye-catching appearance and fun, yet repetitive combat system. However, the game was very lacking in story and quests.

November 2004 (World of Warcraft): Popularly known as “WoW”, World of Warcraft is the world’s most known MMO out there. I was very pumped about the game and even had it pre-ordered a few weeks early. Ironically, and perhaps fortunately, I never got truly absorbed in the game and only played for about 6 months.

First Quarter of 2005? (Guild Wars): Guild Wars is another game that follows the same baseline as WoW. A 3rd massive MMO. I heard about the game through a friend at school and actually only Beta tested the game. I liked that fact that once a party was formed in-game, you and those individuals had their own “entity” to explore so others couldn’t bother you. I never played the game upon release due to WoW taking precedence at the time.

2005-Present (An exploration of a variety of games): Over the last few years I've briefly tried a handful of other online RPGs, most of which never really leeched onto me. The titles of those games in which I can remember are: Maple Story: a 2d cartoonish online RPG; Runescape: a browser-based 3D online game programmed in java script; Knight Online; another free MMORPG; There are others that I've dabbled in but simply cannot remember thee names of.

Present: Now a days I spend most of my time online working on a project with a few friends of mine which is creating our own online RPG game similar to that of Realms of Kaos and the other games we've played sharing the same characteristics. (I can e-mail you more about this part, I have to exclude the details due to advertising).

#209923 Malok Area: Level Cap?

Posted by -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×- on 18 September 2008 - 12:10 AM in Game Discussion

gg, that is one thing you have said that i agree with is zerks. if people did dedicate time to zerks I think they could stand a chance again thieves ezpk. but training one is a lot harder than a thief and they cant go far from town, look at nick, he trained hollow that high of a level in the LF... lol.

but yeah, zerks are good and i think they're balanced because all that hard works actually pays off.

#209914 Malok Area: Level Cap?

Posted by -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×- on 17 September 2008 - 08:04 PM in Game Discussion

here's the big difference between the mage situation when it happened at what is going on with thieves now:

- the reason that mages pwnt everyone was merely because the top two hardcore trainers when 1a came out happened to pick mages. those individuals being jordan and mike (mike actually stopped training a lot when he got 26-27, but by far could out-PK the whole realm).

- this caused people to complain but these mage owners didn't have any benefit, it was sheer dedicated time that put them on the top. and look at freek, he was numerous levels higher so of course he should be able to PK anyone lower easier.

- now here's a hole in your argument of "if people trained over classes to the same level ect". look at darkalliance? millions worth of equip, 21 dex, 155 armor, level 35, he'll be clicked by any thief with 7 stam.

- thieves are easy to train. look at Corey when he played. he trained Insomnia to 31 in 5 days. gg

- /hug gnarkill

#209905 Malok Area: Level Cap?

Posted by -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×- on 17 September 2008 - 10:43 AM in Game Discussion

i generally like you on the forums gnarkill so i mean this with respect; you're thread was ignorant. you've never really gotten into 1a nor have you trained anything up to a substantial level to really relate to all of this. the entire basis of your argument is founded off of what you've heard and seen on this forum, opposed to concrete first hand experience. what i mean is, the heart of this thread isn't just about malok alone, but malok being another ingredient to the over-powered recipe belonging to thieves. they have dotw, level faster, make gold faster, and have their own area which gives them a more cushioned security.

why do you think there isn't an abundance of high level crits of the classes you mentioned? lol. majority rules and thieves are the majority.

#209587 Crocodile Skin Boots Undervalued.

Posted by -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×- on 08 September 2008 - 04:21 AM in Improvements

wait i'm confused. i didn't think he was suggestins for you to delete them, but to up the price. but that works... i guess?

#209533 How Many Active Players Are Left?

Posted by -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×- on 05 September 2008 - 09:04 AM in Game Discussion

it is true that these new graphic mmos are more appealing to some people. however, you're clearly narrow-minded and haven't actually done any research to back up your theory on text based games being dead. there are towns on games like NM that have a playerbase many many times of what nm has. there are even new ones in development.

#209178 Found This On Google...

Posted by -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×- on 22 August 2008 - 08:09 AM in Game Discussion

The domain name "nevetsweb" is owned by Zelimos. As far as I know, it should be legit.

#209098 Bye Nm Forever!

Posted by -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×- on 16 August 2008 - 12:38 AM in Leaving/Returning Forum

Yeh, it'd be nice to see them back in-game, but honestly, I don't think it'll happen.

yeh i agree. i don't think rob would come back especially when he's designing his own game. it's actually pretty sweet

#208677 For Staff

Posted by -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×- on 01 August 2008 - 01:14 AM in Suggestions

Chaotic Collaborations
New Event Idea 7 PureMourning 186 26th July 2008 - 06:40 PM
Last post by: -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×-

i posted on this one! It was deleted :ph34r:

#208519 Over The Horizon

Posted by -×»ºLätérãlù§º«×- on 26 July 2008 - 11:43 PM in Nightmist Development

i scanned through all these posts and this one seems the most in-debth. good job m8