Computer Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:13 AM

okay, im no whizz at computers, but mines driving me crazy atm. (sorry if this is wrong forum, but i need help - and this has nothing to do with technical support with NM)

so it started yesterday - avg antivirus 8 required a restart, so i restarted.

when i did this, everything went fine until i logged in, then i logged in and it didnt work. my start menu was missing, no desktop items, nothing you could click on, just my background and i could press ctrl+alt+del to get task manager up (i run windows xp).

so this annoyed me greatly.. i restarted computer by holding down the power button and started it up again. when i did this, everything seems to not be working. i cant open programs, the icon with the hourglass appears, and i wait over 20 minutes but nothing comes up.. it just stays there.

i cant get on the internet, as i was going to run housecall, something which seems to work for my sister everytime she gets a bugged computer.. so now im kinda stuck, which is why im resorting to the nm playerbase <3

hope you guys can help me.. somehow. if you need any extra info just ask.
Disaster ingame.

#2 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:44 AM

okay.. after eighth restart it seems to have fixed itself..

so im running a scan with ThreatFire now, hoping it'll pick something up. but aaahhhh stress. im like 90% sure this will happen again when i try restart.. so if anyone knows what the problem is please still post lol
Disaster ingame.

#3 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:09 PM

Doubt it'll happen again. These errors usually occur when you instal something new, and it messes with the registry. (i had some errors with the new update from AVG as well, only not so dramaticaly). Loks like everything is set in place again so it shouldn't and most likely won't happen again (not with the same issue anyways).
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#4 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:46 PM

alright, thanks man. i havent dared a restart yet lol, as ive been defragging, running tests and uninstalling pointless things i had in my computer (going from graphical designing software to video editing lol, taking up gigs of pointless stuff).

cheers :ph34r:
Disaster ingame.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users