Stopping Thievery/sharing Ect For Good

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#1 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:56 PM

2 different people logged on to same account at same time - Both pcs permbanned, all crits in account deleted.

1 person logs into crits in 2 different accounts at once - Pc permbanned, all crits in both accounts deleted.

raise the risk of being caught.... raise the penalty for bieng caught. If this dosnt eliminate theft/sharing, nothing will. Would you risk logging on a shared acc knowing that someone else might be on it and you would lose all your acc?

Only problem would be that it prevents people from using multiple account vaults

#2 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:58 PM

:( like a fox.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#3 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:02 PM

Supported. I'm tired of watching people who share an account 5-ways run around 24 hours a day. It's gotten far out of hand.

Want nice crits? Go train them yourself.

Stop the sharing, stop the theft, stop the whining.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#4 Boys Night Out

Boys Night Out
  • Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:02 PM

i find this post pointless... Dont you think this is the obvious cure for theft? dont you think if jlh thought the same way as you do, It would already be in full force?

Why did you even bother.
Tread lightly, as you tread on my dreams...

Hansol ingame

#5 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:14 PM

I think the complete opposite. IF you share, that is your choice. That is how you choose to play the game. I think staff should wash there hands of ALL types of theft period. As much as this is a game, it is similar to everyday life. If you open your own business, you might have to struggle a little harder and do more work, but you have the satisfaction of knowing you are in complete control. If you have a business PARTNER or INVESTOR then you loose some of that control, but things may be slightly easier on you. There are people in this game that can share and have no fear of being robbed by the other person. We all know who they are. Jared/Alan....the 3 or 4 in Dynasty that share, and so on. It all depends on the person. Choose to share with someone .....PAY THE mooseING CONSEQUENCES AND QUIT CRYING TO STAFF. Even with instances of so called "deception" in the past, if people would just use their mooseing brains a little more they would not get stolen from.
Overthrow/Redemption - 1a

Existance - Main

#6 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:20 PM

Introduce this and I quit :x

Upto you whether you think this is a good or bad thing :(

I also give this my official seal of:

Edited by Prophet, 23 January 2006 - 09:36 PM.

Si Senior!

#7 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:26 PM

im posting my idea in suggestions with a poll :ph34r:

i totally just hijacked this thread :(

Existance - Main

#8 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:29 PM

^^ Sorry Jo, but I have too agree. I don't like this idea at all.... At the moment i'm trying too get some of my IRL friends too play NM, and I give them an account name/pass with a few basic characters and equipment for them too muck around in, mainly because i've found the roller puts people off the game too begin with...

In other words :: I dont support this idea at all.
Disaster ingame.

#9 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:32 PM

Not supported in any way shape or form.
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#10 SABE

SABE
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:35 PM

yeh plz delete shadowz and shankly:P
ñøt tø s€rv€ îñ HeÂv€n øñ€ dÂY ruL€ îñ H€LL

#11 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:35 PM

I also give this my official seal of WORST IDEA EVER.

Im with this guy...
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#12 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:36 PM

I second the motion that this is the worst sugestion ever.
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#13 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:37 PM

k :( no reason to be asses about, just say not supported?? lol

Existance - Main

#14 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:39 PM

No it really is imo and I've seen some bad idea's in my time :x
Si Senior!

#15 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:39 PM

You posted already n33b, lmao.

Also re-read.. "1 person logs into crits in 2 different accounts at once - Pc permbanned, all crits in both accounts deleted."

Not sure if i'm the only one, but I have seperate accounts, like for training and stuff... (One training account, one boss killing account / normal account.)
Disaster ingame.

#16 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:41 PM

what about people who have 70 archies and want them sorted acording to class ? what about the people who are in no danger of having stuff stolen ? these rules seem based on just what is best for you yourself :(
Page/Memo Beatrix

#17 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:53 PM

what about people who have 70 archies and want them sorted acording to class ? what about the people who are in no danger of having stuff stolen ? these rules seem based on just what is best for you yourself  :(

FYI, i have 9 accounts and over 150 crits i use, so it WOULD affect me.

For a less 'drastic' approach, if you try to log into an account someone else is using, you get a message 'Someone else is already using this account at the moment' rather than a ban.... OK you could get around it by keeping swappin crits between accounts, but the constantly changing macroes would prove annoying and hopefully make people think twice

Edited by joanna, 23 January 2006 - 09:56 PM.

#18 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:58 PM

what about people who have 70 archies and want them sorted acording to class ? what about the people who are in no danger of having stuff stolen ? these rules seem based on just what is best for you yourself  :(

For a less 'drastic' approach, if you try to log into an account someone else is using, you get a message 'Someone else is already using this account at the moment' rather than a ban.... OK you could get around it by keeping swappin crits between accounts, but the constantly changing macroes would prove annoying and hopefully make people think twice

Are you not clear by most ppls opinions that we like sharing...
Si Senior!

#19 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:01 PM

You wont be saying that when you find yourself gate sitting on an initiate human fighter moanin that uve been jacked

#20 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:21 PM

There are people in this game that can share and have no fear of being robbed by the other person. We all know who they are.

like i said before, if you are dumb enough to share with someone who will rob you....then you deserve to sit at sgh on an initiate human fighter. Otherwise, go for it at your own discretion.

Existance - Main

#21 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:30 PM

You wont be saying that when you find yourself gate sitting on an initiate human fighter moanin that uve been jacked

he shares with me and I have had more chances to steal way more expensive things than ryans acct :ph34r:
Page/Memo Beatrix

#22 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:35 PM

he shares with me and I have had more chances to steal way more expensive things than ryans acct :ph34r:

But none as loved as mine <3
Si Senior!

#23 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:15 PM

all the people that don't support are people that share, lol

And i, along with many other people, have crits in different accounts-- boss checker accnt, main characters accnt, extra stuff i log on once in awhile, specialty accounts for training... it won't work in that sense, i don't want 100 characters in one account lol.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#24 «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»

«¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:41 PM

This would be a rule that would harm the people who share. It has nothing to do with those who don't share. Hence wouldn't the people who share have more weight in this debate. Also as said above JLH is smarter than we give him credit for. I'm sure he has thought of this.

Not Supported

(I do support the worst idea ever though)
I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus, or occasionally pee on yourself. Hang in there you're friggin special!

#25 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:51 PM

People who share have no weight in this debate
http://www.nightmist...;num=1073520539

but yea, the multi accounts from 1 pc ban thingy is kinda harsh, scratch that idea

Since there seems to be so many crit sharers here defending thier tactics, i thought id help you out

username - iusedtohavecrits
pass - butnowidont69

nice shiny initiate human fighter waiting for you :(

Edited by joanna, 23 January 2006 - 11:57 PM.

#26 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:55 PM

I also give this my official seal of WORST IDEA EVER.

Im with this guy...

i third that motion

#27 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:09 AM

not supported
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#28 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:29 AM

Something has to be done to stop sharing/theft, but i don't see this idea working.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#29 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 04:34 AM

Not supported in any way shape or form.

Agreed.

Staff do not deal with sharing, perhaps it should return to that---with ONE minor change-
Staff perm-ban accounts/crits if a player is known to have stolen the account while sharing. Just perm-ban all the stuff and whatnot if the player stolen from complains about it.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#30 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 06:06 AM

Not supported.

I use Erica's, Amy's, Joel, and Ryans crits. All in diffrent accounts. Plus I have my main account as well as an account I have titled training for crits under level 29-30.
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users